Home Engineering Room
Options

Ad-warps Issues (for mobile only - ads are not available on Facebook, Steam, Amazon)

Comments

• Options
    I
    Darxide wrote: »
    szm7di4blf0b.png

Whatever this ad is here needs to friggin go. I don't know who DB needs to talk to to make it happen, but do it. The screen you see in the screenshot is all that ever happens. I could leave my iPad sit for 15 minutes and it's still there exactly the same as in the screenshot. There is no way to abort the ad and try again except to force close the app and try again hoping you get something different. The blue arrow in the top left? Yea, that's a lie. It does nothing.

I’ve had problems similar to this on my iPhone 5se. The ads are for Hilton. How do I know? Because I tap on the black screen and a Hilton webpage comes up.

Which is strange because Hilton ads once worked on my phone, and I’ve power cycled my phone several times.
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Hilton Rewards ads are also not playing and going to what appears to be a mobile web page, never timing out.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Toyota Corolla ad (with the guy in the bumblebee costume) will play & then close, giving no reward. Screenshot below:

x3ggi4f84j8m.png
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adwarps haven't appeared for me all morning, using Android on a Samsung tablet. After reading this post I tried with my Sony Xperia phone which (although I have to go outside for signal) is giving me adwarps.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Sybok MKII wrote: »
    It may be useful or not, but I think I've found a clue (in my phone) about why the ADs video button sometime disappears and returns available itself after some days.
    It's the wifi connection.
    If I link the phone with a WiFi network the AD button it's where it should be.
    If I switch the connection to the 3g/4g thelephone network the AD button is still there, but disappear after some hours.
    If I relink the phone with whatsoever WiFi network the AD reappears.

Must be some sort of data usage protection (that padoxically I don't even need)...

Got excited and tried using it on a public wifi just now. Sadly didn't work. One thing I've noticed is that the issue seems to occur from Wednesday to Friday and be ok through the weekend to Tuesday. So maybe this is just a regularly planned limit?
  • Options
    Adwarps haven't appeared for me all morning, using Android on a Samsung tablet. After reading this post I tried with my Sony Xperia phone which (although I have to go outside for signal) is giving me adwarps.

I'm still getting this today.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

There must be something on your tablet preventing you from getting Adwarps, an ad blocker maybe?
    Was your tablet using wifi as opposed to mobile network for your phone? If so it might also have to do with your router/firewall on your network.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »

There must be something on your tablet preventing you from getting Adwarps, an ad blocker maybe?
    Was your tablet using wifi as opposed to mobile network for your phone? If so it might also have to do with your router/firewall on your network.

My phone signal in the house isn't good enough for STT to work, so I've been using our house WiFi. I had used 2 adwarps yesterday before they stopped. I've tried restarting the device so I shall get my OH to look at this tonight and see if he can sort it. Thanks 😊
  • Options

One of my fleetmates suggested I reset my Google ad ID and that corrected the issue 😊
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my fleetmates suggested I reset my Google ad ID and that corrected the issue 😊

Woot! I am glad :)
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am frequently getting an ad which will not play (I get a play arrow, immediately placed by a loading screen and then ends up failing and bringing me back to the mission window.

(I've repeated the process 20 times, getting the same result)
    (I've reset my entire device, getting the same result)
    Platform: Android

Eventually the process will work, but at some points of the day (usually hour 12 Game time) its unbearable. Click, Fail, Repeat, Repeat, Repeat....

I tried entering a ticket from the game, and got an error in the process too (Don't know if that information is related or not)
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Ad Warp for Hilton playing on Android freezes at the beginning and usually requires restart. If you rapidly click back button then minimize button, it will sometimes return to the option to Ad Warp, and then works. I have reported to support but it has happened 10+ times over the past week.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is becoming obscene.
    I play an ad, it completes, I get no reward, only suggesting to play an ad again (like nothing happened)

Wash Rinse Repeat

Its the same platform, I cannot identify it, its not Unity, but its always a GooglePlay advert.

(Seriously, I will go 4-5 times (when drunk even more!) before a different ad platform will present THEN it goes through) [And I don't get the reward I was aiming towards, but that's neither here nor there but points to my frustration! And this has been going on for over a week!!!]

USA:Arizona
    Android platform.

What other information do you need for this to stop??
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    DB gets money with every add you're watching 😂, and if you want your free warp, watch, watch ......, maybe you get it😴
  • Options
    [QH] Captain Ziggy[QH] Captain Ziggy ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Have had an issue recently where I've had to watch 2/3 ads before getting a reward. A couple of days ago they stopped completely until I remembered how to reset my Google ad id.

Today they've stopped completely, despite several id resets and device restarts.

EDIT: The situation has now sorted itself (No idea why) and CS gave me 40 chrons as compensation
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    This is becoming obscene.
    I play an ad, it completes, I get no reward, only suggesting to play an ad again (like nothing happened)

Wash Rinse Repeat

Its the same platform, I cannot identify it, its not Unity, but its always a GooglePlay advert.

(Seriously, I will go 4-5 times (when drunk even more!) before a different ad platform will present THEN it goes through) [And I don't get the reward I was aiming towards, but that's neither here nor there but points to my frustration! And this has been going on for over a week!!!]

USA:Arizona
    Android platform.

What other information do you need for this to stop??

A screenshot and the name of the ad would help. Otherwise it will be hard to track down unfortunately :/
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan
    Here are three that I had to completely cycle through (note they all are served in the same concept) :
    mafexfhs2yeg.png
    h4m3qfxho7vu.png
    9fzn7e2sbq9q.png
    Thanks for your attention to this observation.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really do not want a penis-growth supplement ad showing up in this game, which I play with my nephews. Shouldn’t this be screened out to maintain your ages 12+ rating in the Apple app store?

Screenshot below (not graphic)

4w2fsnjymgim.png
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Have a longish-standing issue with ads either crapping out half-way through, or not yielding rewards until I'm nearly ready to pitch my phone into the wall. The worst (most consistent) offenders have been Wish (and it loops); and Candy Crush. There are others, but not so recently. Phone in question is an Alcatel U5 running latest version of Android.
  • Options
    So I mentioned this again to the team in charge and they had one question for me to ask for now:
    Do you have an ad-block on the device where the Ads are not showing?

You can't Adblock on android unless , you have a rooted device, and rooting is incrisingly harder. Also im not getting ads on my unrooted Huawei P9 running stock android 7 , Emui 5.1 on top. Also they don't work for months now on Bluestacks. No adblock there eider, i will try to run the game on some older devices in and around the house.
  • Options
    The new Dr Pepper Ad gets stuck at the end. Plays about 15 second, then just a still screen with the DR Pepper logo. Takes about 2-3 minutes of waiting AFTER the end of the video before it releases, and then the ad-warp button is still there.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Female Klingon QFemale Klingon Q ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Verenzio ad constantly does nothing:

First screen does nothing until I tap the screen to get the actual ad on the second screen. On the second screen, tapping done or the back button takes me back to the first screen.

7vjr1nmqwlkr.png

pvxqcav5109c.png
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • Options
    SunshineRikerSunshineRiker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for reporting these ad issues. We're investigating the latest ones.
  • Options
    Ad for Star Trek Adversaries just displays a black screen and progress bar until the final 'download' screen.

Coincidence?! 😉
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    I keep trying to ad warp and am just getting "there was an error loading offer" and the ad warp not working. I don't know what the ad is even for. I think a car ad of some kind. That's what I gather before it cuts out.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Customer Service suggested I uninstall and reinstall the game on my iPhone to see if it fixed a crew slot issue (it didn’t) but it did completely stop all ad warps. I was getting ad warp offers every half hour, no matter the time of day or night. After the uninstall/reinstall, it’s been nearly a week with zero ad warps offered. I depend on those for getting 4* components and holo-emitters

I knew the uninstall and reinstall would not work because the 2 unusable crew slot issue was happening on all devices (iPhone, iPad and laptop via steam) but they wanted me to try it anyway. Stupid me did what customer service asked me to do.

So I may have 2 crew slots that are completely unusable but at least now I don’t have any ad warps either!

Awesome
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep trying to ad warp and am just getting "there was an error loading offer" and the ad warp not working. I don't know what the ad is even for. I think a car ad of some kind. That's what I gather before it cuts out.

Same, I get a "Loading" icon, followed by a black screen, with a brief right arrow (suggesting play) then a spinning doughnut loading icon and the error message.

This situation is so annoying because you have to wait for it to fail.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing much I can do if there is no clue about the kind of ads that is not working unfortunately :(
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Customer Service suggested I uninstall and reinstall the game on my iPhone to see if it fixed a crew slot issue (it didn’t) but it did completely stop all ad warps. I was getting ad warp offers every half hour, no matter the time of day or night. After the uninstall/reinstall, it’s been nearly a week with zero ad warps offered. I depend on those for getting 4* components and holo-emitters

I knew the uninstall and reinstall would not work because the 2 unusable crew slot issue was happening on all devices (iPhone, iPad and laptop via steam) but they wanted me to try it anyway. Stupid me did what customer service asked me to do.

So I may have 2 crew slots that are completely unusable but at least now I don’t have any ad warps either!

Awesome

Are you still without ad warps at all?
  • Options
    Blue loading bar ads are back in great numbers, last week i had to watch at least two dozen in a row of them for a reward. im back averaging about 5-6 ads per reward....
This discussion has been closed.