Home Engineering Room
Options

Ad-warps Issues (for mobile only - ads are not available on Facebook, Steam, Amazon)

Comments

• Options
    Even better, the mysterious silent ads with a simple white circle on a black field, with no x and no end. It's quite zen actually.
  • Options
    FEwe2FEwe2 ✭✭
    I've been getting ridiculous 5-6 min ads recently for some hotel chain. Not actually sure what they're for because as soon as I see one I cancel it. I am not spending over 5 mins on an advert for a single warp 1! Luckily you can exit and just try the next video.

Who on earth do they think is going to watch a 5 minute plus advert? That's **tsk tsk** ridiculous!!
  • Options
    [SJ] Yorkster[SJ] Yorkster ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I've had that 5+ minute hotel one too. I exit straight back out, ad warp again, repeat until I get a proper length ad.

I exit so quickly that I don't even know which hotel chain it is... #fail
    Edit: typo fixed
  • Options
    PuknutiPuknuti ✭✭✭
    Today is 4 full weeks without any add. It's really strange in todays tide of commercial DB don't have even 1 add for EU. I wish that silence in other games too, but not here.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a dedicated thread for ads issues so I have merge a related thread here.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    FEwe2 wrote: »
    I've been getting ridiculous 5-6 min ads recently for some hotel chain. Not actually sure what they're for because as soon as I see one I cancel it. I am not spending over 5 mins on an advert for a single warp 1! Luckily you can exit and just try the next video.

Who on earth do they think is going to watch a 5 minute plus advert? That's *Vegan Poutine* ridiculous!!

What would really help in this case is the name of the hotel chain/screenshot. Thank you!
  • Options
    Update: The 3 minute ad was for a diet drug but now it's showing a <skip ad> button on the bottom AFTER 1 minute. At least it's an improvement but they should show a skip timer instead of the full ad timer, like they do on YouTube.
  • Options
    For the last few days all I was getting was the 3 minute ad for the diet drug, annoying but at least I get a free warp. Today all I get is the error message and no reward. I hope its just and issue with the ad server but its been 12 hours now so I thought I'd report it.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over the past two days, an add is being presented to me which does not display content, except for a grey X in the top right.
    After about 30 seconds a blue "Close" appears. If I choose the X, I get the message "Do you wish to forfeit your reward?"
    If I choose the blue "Close", I'm simply returned to the game, as if nothing happened.

I repeat, and the same message.
    I keep trying until I'm presented a different ad, but sometimes this goes on over 5 re-attempts.

I'm on the Android platform.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep getting ads for either NBA2KLeague or Overwatch League. The video is branded at the lower right as "Twitch" and the warning message when I hit X to close it says the source is https://video.fyber.com. Closing the ads gives no rewards. Letting the ads run gives no rewards, because the ads never seem to end. They are not really ads, but just appear to be live look-ins to active online gaming shows.

They're welcome to advertise for 30 seconds (and DB is welcome to take the payments), but if I really wanted to watch other people play video games for minutes (hours?) at a time, I'd probably already be registered on these kinds of sites.

These ads show up in the queue every few days. Usually I can restart the game and/or soft-boot my phone and the ad will change to something else. But today... nothing is working, so I am effectively blocked from running ads for rewards. And so I am also complaining about it here. I do not want to take the time to open a ticket about these kinds of ads - just fix it please.
  • Options
    Ishmael There are now ads that run up to 3 minutes in regular rotation (a diet drug ad), I also get minute and a half ads regularly(local political ads). Its up to your local ad server since DB contracts that out. I use Ad-Away, which blocks most ads but can cause issue with claiming prizes quite often. I would try timing the ad for 3 minutes and seeing if they end or not. The local ad servers tend to rotate ads once or week or so, so when you have issue (and I have had many before) they clear up moderately quickly on there own. I personally don't think starting a ticket would do a whole lot since the ad servers are not owned by DB (I can track all accessed ad servers thru Ad-Away and have to white-list some to receive prizes).
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I never see an ad on my Kindle Fire.
    I'm in the U.S.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never see an ad on my Kindle Fire.

Do you maybe have an ad block on your device?
    Where are you located?
  • Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be a good idea to start a new thread with instructions at the beginning for ad issues.

Poor Shan's having to ask repeatedly what platform (device) and region people are in, again and again. Don't waste your own time making a post with insufficient information for Shan to help, nor waste Shan's time reading messages he's unable to assist without more information.
  • Options
    ehmigaehmiga ✭✭
    The last couple of days I've had the game freeze up after clicking on an adwarp. The ad doesn't load but I can't cancel either, so I have to close the game and restart. Sometimes a black screen with a big white play button will load for the ad, other times nothing. Playing on Android in the US.
  • Options
    I don't have ads at all, on both of my accounts and both devices. Location Croatia, Europe.
    On HTC One M8, Android 6.0, main account, I don't have ads for about a week now.
    On Acer B1-810 tablet (Android 4.4.4), alt account, I don't have ads for at least 3 weeks.

The setup hasn't been changed on none of these devices recently
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    ehmiga wrote: »
    The last couple of days I've had the game freeze up after clicking on an adwarp. The ad doesn't load but I can't cancel either, so I have to close the game and restart. Sometimes a black screen with a big white play button will load for the ad, other times nothing. Playing on Android in the US.

The next time it happens and there is something to see on the screen, could you please take a screenshot? It might help us identify the ad in question, or the network. Thank you!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have ads at all, on both of my accounts and both devices. Location Croatia, Europe.
    On HTC One M8, Android 6.0, main account, I don't have ads for about a week now.
    On Acer B1-810 tablet (Android 4.4.4), alt account, I don't have ads for at least 3 weeks.

Unfortunately this means that the ads providers do not have ads to show for your region at this time.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Unfortunately this means that the ads providers do not have ads to show for your region at this time.

Thank you @Shan for your input, I assume that there's nothing you/DB can do on your side?

Recently I was getting quite a lot of locally based ads for some products but occasionally there were also ads for mobile games. And before that I was getting only ads for mobile games consistently and now I don't have any. It's bit frustrating because now I have to "waste" chrons to get higher tier items.
  • Options
    I don’t have ads on my iPad for a week or so. The button to play ads is not even coming up. I have ads on my iPhone every 30 mins as usual. Very annoying having to switch devices all day long just to get the ads.

I’ve installed STT and reinstalled I completely. Still no ads :(
  • Options
    I'm having problems with the Intel ad. It starts, then freezes. I have to bail from STTL to get out of the ad. When I restart I'm presented withe the same ad.
  • Options
    Drone_oneDrone_one ✭✭✭
    The following add (iOS, both iPad and iPhone) freezes up. I have waited for 2 mins without any change. Only way to continue is to press the “x” button, in which case rewards are forefit. This has happened around a dozen times and each time it freezes at the same spot (as seen in screenshot below).

a0cszv1b2kf9.jpeg
  • Options
    Drone_one wrote: »
    The following add (iOS, both iPad and iPhone) freezes up. I have waited for 2 mins without any change. Only way to continue is to press the “x” button, in which case rewards are forefit. This has happened around a dozen times and each time it freezes at the same spot (as seen in screenshot below).

a0cszv1b2kf9.jpeg

I hate that one!!! You have to start the mini game by making a donut, don’t give it to the dude, wait for the game to “fail”, click to the install app option, come back to STT and click the “x” to close the ad.

Simple isn’t it?
  • Options

OMG!!! Thanks @Shan

Haven’t got ads on my iPad for over a week. Turned on the VPN to Spain and getting brand new Spanish ads. You kinda fixed my issue. Spanish ads are also hilarious :wink:
  • Options
    kapukapu ✭✭✭
    OMG!!! Thanks @Shan

Haven’t got ads on my iPad for over a week. Turned on the VPN to Spain and getting brand new Spanish ads. You kinda fixed my issue. Spanish ads are also hilarious :wink:

lol You made me try this as well, problem solved! wootwoot
    And now if I ever get bored watching the same ads over and over I can just chooce different country for fresh ads! Absolutely Fabulous!
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Options
    kapu wrote: »
    OMG!!! Thanks @Shan

lol You made me try this as well, problem solved! wootwoot
    And now if I ever get bored watching the same ads over and over I can just chooce different country for fresh ads! Absolutely Fabulous!

Glad it worked for you too. And looks like it actually “resets” your ad counter. I used the VPN to get the first AD only. I’m getting new ads since then without a VPN
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

a0cszv1b2kf9.jpeg

Would you have the name as well?
  • Options
    Drone_oneDrone_one ✭✭✭
    Not sure. Basically this picture pops up, spotlight moves from left to right. And then it just gets stuck.

a0cszv1b2kf9.jpeg

Would you have the name as well?

• Options
    @@ ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    The most frequent problem for me is ads that play, then do nothing, leaving me to watch another ad for the reward. I often need to watch several in a row to get one reward. I can tell it will be one of these annoying ads if it starts with a small white circle, like musical.ly ads. Screenshot of this: 1jilkrrzm9sk.png
    Even though I know I won't get anything for the ad, there's no way to cancel it.

I think it is a problem with a new ad source, format or something, as I've only noticed this loading image for a month or so, and it has always acted this way. I like that the production app doesn't pollute logcat, but it offers no help for this. I used to use a test version, but I don't remember if it logged things...

Loading screens that work (though rarely with other problems) include the large play button [rare, so no screenshot, as these are hard to capture] and the square circle: kg1oggb0sb31.png

These immediately follow the hailing Starfleet thinga1c0l5p6e2bi.pngand preceding the actual ad.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the last few days I’m being presented with a single advert that is 3:10 long most of the time I try to ad-warp.

That for me is too much, so I cancel it and try to find another. Quite often though, I get presented with the same ad again each time, and more often than not I’m just giving up.

I’m sure DB would prefer to continue earning the ad revenue and rather players didn’t cancel them?

I might be willing to watch the advert if it gave 5 or 6 warps, rather than just 1 (from a normal-ish 30 second advert).

I’ve attached screenshots that show the timer (top left corner) and nature of the ads.

h3rd7n025egr.png
    2o4bw4tmcoqs.png
This discussion has been closed.