Home Engineering Room
Options

Ad-warps Issues (for mobile only - ads are not available on Facebook, Steam, Amazon)

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    I think it's for Dodge Voyager or some mini van, the video is choppy, and then just crashes STT app. EVERY TIME.

iOS
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    I live in the western USA, and this morning received an ad warp in French.
  • Options
    I've scrolled through most of the pages of this thread and have yet to see someone reporting the issue I'm experiencing.

WHICH ADS ARE AT FAULT: a certain subset of the ads (presumably all from the same ad server) flash a white screen at the end of the ad very briefly before loading the static screen with the offer to click on. The offer screens are always within a white box with a black border around the edge of the screen; exiting the ad offer requires clicking on an X in the top right corner. The ads tend to be for apparel (backpacks, face shields) or lifestyle apps (coupon/discount apps).

THE SPECIFIC ISSUE: roughly 20% of the time, when the white screen flashes, it gets stuck without progressing to the ad offer screen. The screen is non-responsive and only exiting the STT app and restarting it clears the issue. Upon restart, the ad warp is still available and I have to watch a whole 'nother ad before collecting my reward. This together with the need for a restart makes it a lengthy detour. Any ideas?

Platform is iOS, device is an iPad Mini 2.
  • Options
    The last couple days, the Grant Thornton Ad (walking thru the office version) starts playing, goes about 3 seconds, ends, and then takes you back to the previous screen with the Ad Warp still available.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I cannot get these x2 adwarps. I've updated the app, checked on more than one device, checked both WiFi and mobile data, reloaded the app several times and reset my Google ads ID. I'm using Android. My OH can get them, so it doesn't seem to be connection/wifi issues. Any advice?

Edited to say this corrected itself once I had recieved the e-mail notification sent about the 52 years celebration....which they aren't related but I'm happy enough its fixed 😊
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    The last couple days, the Grant Thornton Ad (walking thru the office version) starts playing, goes about 3 seconds, ends, and then takes you back to the previous screen with the Ad Warp still available.

Seeing this a lot, though once in a blue moon it goes through. Really inhibiting things on this end.
    Android here, LG v10.

Would be a really nice feature to skip to next ad... as I'm stuck in an ad loop right now everytime I try I get the same broken ad.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I think it's for Dodge Voyager or some mini van, the video is choppy, and then just crashes STT app. EVERY TIME.

iOS

Video still there, still crashing. It is for the Chrysler Pacifica I finally figured out. Video is of a bunch of girls partying? Still choppy, so can't quite get the gist of it.

My new concern is that if I get this for a 2x adwarp during say, a cadet mission, will I lose ALL my cadet rewards?
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    So after watching THIS ad 6 times in a row with no rewards:
    6j5kctv90ryt.png
    I was rewarded with another ad to break the monotany:
    fxslpgc9knjk.png
    These alternated three times before I had to ragequit.

This seems to happen later in the day, but its not limited to that.

Android, Arizona, USA
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭

I notice the same in the morning. Which is sad these ads used to be the most reliable to complete.

Android, Arizona, USA
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options

iOS

Video still there, still crashing. It is for the Chrysler Pacifica I finally figured out. Video is of a bunch of girls partying? Still choppy, so can't quite get the gist of it.

My new concern is that if I get this for a 2x adwarp during say, a cadet mission, will I lose ALL my cadet rewards?

And fears confirmed. Doing Cadet missions, video crashed twice so far. Lost the double rewards. Put in a ticket right away after the first one (first cadet ticket used of the night) but sadly the way CS works, I will likely not get additional cadet tickets until AFTER this day is long over when I really need the shuttle boosts...
  • Options
    And AGAIN - the Chrysler Pacifica video CONTINUES TO CRASH every time it comes up.

2x rewards are only about 60-70% available to me at this point, since this video is still in circulation.

I put in a ticket and got compensated, and I guess I will continue to do so as long as you leave this video in circulation.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    And again...and again...

I submitted another ticket, but this is just getting really old fast.

Video...crash. video...crash. Just never ends, and no other video comes up.

qh5x134oav3t.png

I think the biggest irritation is that there is no option to cancel/abort video like nearly all the rest of them.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet another ad for penis enlargement, with graphics no less. This one appears to be from a different company, however. Screenshot is safe:

x8yfvwdea3z1.png

Please discuss what steps you will be taking to ensure that these types of ads will not continue to pop up in your game rated for ages 12+ in the Apple App Sore.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    SPOOOOON wrote: »
    I've scrolled through most of the pages of this thread and have yet to see someone reporting the issue I'm experiencing.

WHICH ADS ARE AT FAULT: a certain subset of the ads (presumably all from the same ad server) flash a white screen at the end of the ad very briefly before loading the static screen with the offer to click on. The offer screens are always within a white box with a black border around the edge of the screen; exiting the ad offer requires clicking on an X in the top right corner. The ads tend to be for apparel (backpacks, face shields) or lifestyle apps (coupon/discount apps).

THE SPECIFIC ISSUE: roughly 20% of the time, when the white screen flashes, it gets stuck without progressing to the ad offer screen. The screen is non-responsive and only exiting the STT app and restarting it clears the issue. Upon restart, the ad warp is still available and I have to watch a whole 'nother ad before collecting my reward. This together with the need for a restart makes it a lengthy detour. Any ideas?

I have EXACTLY the same issue. Complained about it to customer support. They rewarded me with some extra chronitons, but the issue is still there. Very annoying!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet another ad for penis enlargement, with graphics no less. This one appears to be from a different company, however. Screenshot is safe:

x8yfvwdea3z1.png

Please discuss what steps you will be taking to ensure that these types of ads will not continue to pop up in your game rated for ages 12+ in the Apple App Sore.

Letting the team know.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPOOOOON wrote: »

I have EXACTLY the same issue. Complained about it to customer support. They rewarded me with some extra chronitons, but the issue is still there. Very annoying!

Are you on iOS as well?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    New ad-warp related problem, with regards to the new 2x ad-warp rewards:

It failed due to a server error twice over the weekend. I didn't feel the need for a support ticket here, I
    just want you guys to be aware there may be gremlins... You can see after the fail the reward is still there, and will not let you select it. Restarted game which seemed to correct the problem, but still an issue to be aware of.

jfsawhvsrxdg.png
    873a3oe6mjdo.png
  • Options
    I keep getting this one. No ad plays and no way to cancel without restarting the game. Clicking on the little blue box lets me know that it's from Unity,kvw2d18o997t.png
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    To help out for future reports, on top of screenshots and ad name, could you also try to get the name of the ad network that is serving the ad? This can be done by pressing on the little blue arrow like icon. Thanks!
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    I got a purple gear item I needed multiple of, so I clicked on the 2x rewards button. No ad showed, I got an error message saying that “something went wrong” and then the screen looked like this.

jjsng6spltby.png

The only thing I could do was go back to the main screen and then obviously the 2x rewards had not worked. But the next mission I ran the button was gone.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    This ad has crashed my game 3 times this morning. I have to force close as it freezes a few seconds into the ad. Sorry I couldn't get the name of the ad network. I'm running Android on a Samsung tablet. Happened on both 2x ad rewards and the normal 1x adwarp

Edited to add that pressing the pause and play buttons makes no difference ☺

yws428lsyo83.png
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    I've opened a ticket for my issue: 458892 .. but all I got from custServ was "sorry for issue, here's 100 chron" O.o

I keep getting the "Tel Aviv University" ad whenever I try to get a free spin on Dabo wheel ...
    Same ad .. every time, regardless of time of day.
    Always plays through fine ... I close ad ... no free spin .. button is still there .. try again .. same thing ..

Go somewhere else in the game, "usually" get a different ad, works fine .. of course, now I can't get free spin .. :pensive:

Figured I'd post here and see if I'm alone in this or not.

Does this on both Android, and Steam.
  • Options
    I wasn't going to, but after today I had to submit another ticket to CS. Those stupid new 2-part ads keep crashing the App (iOS). minimum 4 times a day.

Most times I can't even figure out what the ad is for, because it's just a black screen, or has the loading circular arrow going. Several times there is a weird logo that just doesn't look like anything but random wavy blue lines on a white background.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Changing device should not impact whether or not you see Ads.
    What could happen is that the Ad network is out of Ads to show.

I see ads on my iPhone without problem. Get the chroniton rewards for it, which is always appreciated. If I use my desktop thru FB Gameroom, no ads and not even the option for chronitons. I love being able to see the game on the big screen in high def compared to my phone's tiny screen, but I hate that doing so means I don't get the chance to earn any free chronitons because there are no ads showing there at all.

This isn't an issue with the ad network. This is another issue altogether. If I switch back to my phone, I can see the ads. On the desktop, no ads& no chrons possible.

also.... is there a way to change the ads up any at all? I'm seeing a ton of ads for things I have absolutely no interest in at all. Would be nice if the ads were something that might possibly be something I'd be willing to watch.
    HIGH RANKING, HIGHLY SEXY FLEET SEEKS HOT & ACTIVE PEOPLE FOR SOME FUN PLAY.

Have you been naughty? Playing with yourself again? Has another fleet touched you in bad ways? Don’t worry, we will train you…. Gently. Light bondage only. Bring your own handcuffs, though…. We don’t supply them.

We’re not those other guys. Here we shower often, and we treat our members like family.
    We know how to whip some serious tail, yet no one is left to shiver out in the cold. If you need advice, help, strategy, tips or anything at all…. I and my officers are here to help you.

Currently, we're looking for more good people to enjoy the game with us, and we offer a TON to our members, in return. We prefer level 50 members and above. Lower level players than this will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

We use the DISCORD app for all our fleet chats (it's free). We're much better organized than many other top-tier fleets in the game, while a heck of a lot more relaxed and much more fun to be a part of. I have numerous other former fleet Admirals who joined me, and we have a world of knowledge and experience to share with you. Sure, we all love the game, and we enjoy playing it often; but we're also a fun family of kooky friends from around the world, who enjoy playing the game together. On top of playing, we also hang out often and share plenty of good laughs, an excellent supportive environment and one another's company.

It's OK if you don't play every day. You don’t have to be a daily player, but the more you play the more fun you’ll have with us. So long as you let me know ahead of time whenever you know you're going to be offline from the game for five days or more, I won't kick you for inactivity. You can send me that message on DISCORD at any time you need to; it takes only a moment. That rule helps keep our fleet as active as possible.

All Captains MUST have a name other than just “Captain” so that others may recognize you. We have no drama, but instead are a close-knit group of good people who treat each other as if we’re both friends & family.

WE’RE ALMOST ALL VERY HIGHLY ACTIVE, and help is never far whenever you might need it, at any stage of the game, nearly 24/7. Whatever your skill level, we can help you.

If you are interested in joining our fleet, please feel free to message me and I will be glad to assist you.

Free steak & Lobster available from our resident chef upon joining (alternate meal suggestions are possible), drinks available through our in-house bartender/barista/host. Please be sure to tip your wait staff. They're nuts, but they're worth it.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changing device should not impact whether or not you see Ads.
    What could happen is that the Ad network is out of Ads to show.

I see ads on my iPhone without problem. Get the chroniton rewards for it, which is always appreciated. If I use my desktop thru FB Gameroom, no ads and not even the option for chronitons. I love being able to see the game on the big screen in high def compared to my phone's tiny screen, but I hate that doing so means I don't get the chance to earn any free chronitons because there are no ads showing there at all.

This isn't an issue with the ad network. This is another issue altogether. If I switch back to my phone, I can see the ads. On the desktop, no ads& no chrons possible.

also.... is there a way to change the ads up any at all? I'm seeing a ton of ads for things I have absolutely no interest in at all. Would be nice if the ads were something that might possibly be something I'd be willing to watch.

Ads are only available on the iOS and Google Play mobile versions of the game.
    So it is normal that you do not see ads when playing on a computer via FB or Gameroom.

As for being able to chose what type of ads to see, that is not possible.
  • Options
    Additional ad-related problem - when they do show up (which is unpredictable at best at the moment) and I click on it, the ad plays but does not offer a way to close it after it is done and therefore it does not give me any rewards. The only thing I can do is restart the game and try again. I have now (over the past several days) watched the same micky-d's ad so many times, only having it work effectively twice.

on an iphone
  • Options
    For specific Ads that seem to not work as intended or have a weird behavior, we will continue to look into the reports you are providing.

For at least two month I don't have the Ads Warps in my mobile device... but the other day I try with the tablet and they work just fine.
    Sadly I play on my mobile (Android).

Live long and prosper.
  • Options

x8yfvwdea3z1.png

Letting the team know.

I've been getting ads like these too... and thank you but my children are proof that my wife can tell you.... my stuff does work
    HIGH RANKING, HIGHLY SEXY FLEET SEEKS HOT & ACTIVE PEOPLE FOR SOME FUN PLAY.

Have you been naughty? Playing with yourself again? Has another fleet touched you in bad ways? Don’t worry, we will train you…. Gently. Light bondage only. Bring your own handcuffs, though…. We don’t supply them.

We’re not those other guys. Here we shower often, and we treat our members like family.
    We know how to whip some serious tail, yet no one is left to shiver out in the cold. If you need advice, help, strategy, tips or anything at all…. I and my officers are here to help you.

Currently, we're looking for more good people to enjoy the game with us, and we offer a TON to our members, in return. We prefer level 50 members and above. Lower level players than this will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

We use the DISCORD app for all our fleet chats (it's free). We're much better organized than many other top-tier fleets in the game, while a heck of a lot more relaxed and much more fun to be a part of. I have numerous other former fleet Admirals who joined me, and we have a world of knowledge and experience to share with you. Sure, we all love the game, and we enjoy playing it often; but we're also a fun family of kooky friends from around the world, who enjoy playing the game together. On top of playing, we also hang out often and share plenty of good laughs, an excellent supportive environment and one another's company.

It's OK if you don't play every day. You don’t have to be a daily player, but the more you play the more fun you’ll have with us. So long as you let me know ahead of time whenever you know you're going to be offline from the game for five days or more, I won't kick you for inactivity. You can send me that message on DISCORD at any time you need to; it takes only a moment. That rule helps keep our fleet as active as possible.

All Captains MUST have a name other than just “Captain” so that others may recognize you. We have no drama, but instead are a close-knit group of good people who treat each other as if we’re both friends & family.

WE’RE ALMOST ALL VERY HIGHLY ACTIVE, and help is never far whenever you might need it, at any stage of the game, nearly 24/7. Whatever your skill level, we can help you.

If you are interested in joining our fleet, please feel free to message me and I will be glad to assist you.

Free steak & Lobster available from our resident chef upon joining (alternate meal suggestions are possible), drinks available through our in-house bartender/barista/host. Please be sure to tip your wait staff. They're nuts, but they're worth it.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Closing this thread as I made a new one.
    @Admiral Skywalker (SECOND FLEET HQ) please post details in the new thread thank you!
This discussion has been closed.