Home Engineering Room
Options

Ad-warps Issues (for mobile only - ads are not available on Facebook, Steam, Amazon)

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We will reach to our providers about this ad.
  • Options
    today i am getting an un-close-able pepsi ad.
    clicking either re-plays the ad, or takes you to pepsi website. i can not get back to STT without force-closing and restarting.
    not good.
  • Options
    PuknutiPuknuti ✭✭✭
    Last 4 days i was have adds after long time. Today nothing, again.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got an ice hockey ad that goes on forever and can't be closed.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get me a screenshot if possible, thank you :)
    Is it an ad where you need to do something or it just doesn't close after the timer has ended?
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's one of those (just like the Aladdin one) where you see only a grey screen first with a black sideway triangle (inviting to click to play) ... and then suddenly it starts (it's a loooong explanation of some hockey player) and you simply can't click it away, even after over 60 seconds).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    PuknutiPuknuti ✭✭✭
    My adds are ok last 3 days, how long this time...
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    @Shan The hockey player's name is "Thomas Skov", self-appointed ambassador. Looks like a Danish hockey ad or something, no idea. As I mentioned, first there is the "usual for non-working ads" grey screen with the black circle and --> arrow sign to "start playing".

The problem is: The ad keeps coming and coming and coming ... can't there be a certain way that the same ad can't come twice in a row when you "refuse" to finish watching?

7bguo66vh4ua.png
    t102elzthuo0.png
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the screenshot, it has been forwarded to the team!
  • Options
    Occasionally my ads will just stop. When this happens i have had reasonable success getting them back by uninstalling/installing again from playstore.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    I seem to have stopped getting adwarps again today.

Is it still an issue now, iOS or Android?

Sorry, didn't see this until now. I use Android, though the adwarps have come back again this week. Not really sure why they come and go like this, it's odd... :(

Oh and does anyone know what ice-skating has to do with "Words With Friends 2"? I really don't understand that advert. :/
  • Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Ad warp had been working great on my Android phone the last month or two. Today I got an old one that never worked (Free Samples), followed by several other similar ones (screen shots of ends below). They all seem to end with the same screen and never give a reward. These were all taken in succession after each previous one didn't work.

inmv74sghl5y.png
    c8ywy3qgebvk.png
    wsbhoy0voxg8.png
    xr4ruz9mtfo4.png
    vpfplen2tza6.png
    kx4qd6rbprwc.png
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    Adwarps have stopped again for me.:(
    You guys sure it's not just that there's only so many we can use per month before the adverts run out?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adwarps have stopped again for me.:(
    You guys sure it's not just that there's only so many we can use per month before the adverts run out?

What platform and where are you located?
    There could be instances where the ad providers have no ads to show for your particular region.
  • Options
    Android - EMEA (let me know if you need me to be more specific)
  • Options
    PuknutiPuknuti ✭✭✭
    So I buy new phone. Now I don't have adds on 3 different phone. Can't be my mistake.
  • Options
    And it looks like the adwarps are back, or at least the adscans as I just got a bonus scan from one. If it were a case of running out of adverts for the region I would've expected it to not happen until the 1st but then maybe they're on a funny cycle. *confused*
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puknuti wrote: »
    So I buy new phone. Now I don't have adds on 3 different phone. Can't be my mistake.

I never said it was your mistake, where are you located?
    Just as for Daivahataka the reason could be that the providers have no ads for your particular region.
  • Options
    PuknutiPuknuti ✭✭✭

Just as for Daivahataka the reason could be that the providers have no ads for your particular region.

Croatia, EU
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Croatia, EU

Thank you! Like I thought it is a geographical issue and how many ads are available or not for your region. That being said I brought this up to the team and we will reach out to our providers to see if there is a way to improve the current situation.
  • Options
    Legendary SpacemanLegendary Spaceman ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    TravelTexas.com ad not completing. Waited over 3 minutes for the ad to complete. Selecting the X to forfeit the reward causes the same ad to appear again.
    Running this on android.

Found a way past this, had to pick a different option. Tried under 10 chrons instead of an item and got a different ad.
  • Options

Thank you! Like I thought it is a geographical issue and how many ads are available or not for your region. That being said I brought this up to the team and we will reach out to our providers to see if there is a way to improve the current situation.
    While a nuisance I wouldn't worry too much about it, since for the most part it's out of DB's hands, once we know the cause we can learn to live with it.
    That said it might be worth seeing if something could be rigged up to inform the users when this is the case since many may not watch the forums, stop people thinking the worst.

Thanks Shan. :)

• Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had issues when most of the ads stop in the middle. If I leave it alone for a minute or two they will pick back up and finish but it's really annoying.
  • Options
    aglx6f6k7rc9.jpg
    Yep this one is a problem, but at least it isn't freezing up the entire system and items given.
  • Options
    There is something special about people who like working for free. No money and now, no clicks.

Best part???... you can't exit the ad. You have to go to your home screen and then back into the game.
  • Options
    Did you enjoy it more than the ads that override your mute settings and blare the ad at full volume, for everybody in your workplace to hear?

Those are fun too.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Did you enjoy it more than the ads that override your mute settings and blare the ad at full volume, for everybody in your workplace to hear?

Those are fun too.

Those are the ones that are my favorite. I've gotten to where I not only mute, but I turn my volume all the way down so if it overrides it still doesn't make noise when I'm at work
  • Options

Those are fun too.

I always play with the volume at level 1 just in case I accidentally click on Scotty.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Oh, I love the ones that turn my screen white at the end with no other option than to restart the game!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
This discussion has been closed.