Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Honor Of Andoria + Faction Event Change - Edited

Comments

• For the next event, I hope they include:

uebuo776qxys.jpg
    4* Thelev
    SEC-DIP
    Andorian,Orion,Spy,Diplomat,Brutal,Sabotuer
    Proud Member of Everlong and avid Star Trek Fan

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the next event, I hope they include:

uebuo776qxys.jpg
    4* Thelev
    SEC-DIP

might be a dark horse for the 500th crew.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooo the art actually looks pretty good! Sad that I probably won't be getting that Saru :(
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • The art really does look good this week! Saru and Thelin look aweseome!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooo the art actually looks pretty good! Sad that I probably won't be getting that Saru :(
    The art really does look good this week! Saru and Thelin look aweseome!

Saru should be our second "Bad-**tsk tsk**" Trait crew, if they had added it for Katrina......

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antasil wrote: »
    The artwork for Thelin is better than it was in TOS.

I know there's been a decline recently - but IMO the artwork isn't as bad as it has been recently.

I logged in to say exactly this!
    Compliments on the artwork for the two new Andorians, especially the TAS char looks way better than ever. So did Tarah btw, so your art department clearly seems to favor Andorians!

I have to say, Thelin turned out to be an incredibly attractive Andorian. Wasn't expecting that. So thanks DB, for also making a character I want regardless of stats :P
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Antasil wrote: »
    The artwork for Thelin is better than it was in TOS.

I know there's been a decline recently - but IMO the artwork isn't as bad as it has been recently.

I logged in to say exactly this!
    Compliments on the artwork for the two new Andorians, especially the TAS char looks way better than ever. So did Tarah btw, so your art department clearly seems to favor Andorians!

I have to say, Thelin turned out to be an incredibly attractive Andorian. Wasn't expecting that. So thanks DB, for also making a character I want regardless of stats :P

Agreed.
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfused stats

Away Team Saru
    FE 1/5 level 100
    CMD 318 (30-110)
    SEC 639 (74-149)
    SCI 805 (155-397)

Commander Thelin
    FE 1/4 level 100
    CMD 377 (102-243)
    SEC 102 (135-295)
    SCI 619 (96-217)

Commando Shran
    FE 1/4 level 100
    CMD 455 (114-239)
    DIP 198 (144-282)
    SEC 375 (89-182)

Expedition Shran
    FE 1/3 level 100
    CMD 190 (17-65)
    DIP 447 (87-179)
    SEC 245 (97-209)
  • I'm very impressed with the art for Expedition Shran. It would be great if this event were to signal a long term improvement in the overall quality of the art.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saru and Thelin look great
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pulled a Thelin with my one event pack. I'm pretty happy with that.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Unfused stats

Away Team Saru
    FE 1/5 level 100
    CMD 318 (30-110)
    SEC 639 (74-149)
    SCI 805 (155-397)

Commander Thelin
    FE 1/4 level 100
    CMD 377 (102-243)
    SEC 102 (135-295)
    SCI 619 (96-217)

Commando Shran
    FE 1/4 level 100
    CMD 455 (114-239)
    DIP 198 (144-282)
    SEC 375 (89-182)

Expedition Shran
    FE 1/3 level 100
    CMD 190 (17-65)
    DIP 447 (87-179)
    SEC 245 (97-209)

@Shan

Please pass on our thanx that all the Event Crew, except the 2* are THREE Skills!!!!!!!!

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the next event, I hope they include:

uebuo776qxys.jpg
    4* Thelev
    SEC-DIP

HAHAH! I love the tiny suction caps for antennae.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭

I managed to pull him from the event pack. Although that was under two hours ago he was already maxed which seems insanely quick for a new legendary!
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    I managed to pull him from the event pack. Although that was under two hours ago he was already maxed which seems insanely quick for a new legendary!

Got him to 60 so far, with relative easy. Hoping can just about finish him off after next influx of voyage chrons.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    NivenFres wrote: »

Got him to 60 so far, with relative easy. Hoping can just about finish him off after next influx of voyage chrons.

I was hoping to get the double your crew offer but I must still be within the last window.

Hoping to be able to get him combat ready before the end of the event but he won't be immortalised for a while
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

The race for first to max is in minutes. The people who compete buy the $100 offer, get the 10 packs, and then do the $25 offer and more event packs as needed. They then race through leveling while replicating anything needed. Regardless for the rarity, the crew are leveled as quickly as people can click.
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    The race for first to max is in minutes. The people who compete buy the $100 offer, get the 10 packs, and then do the $25 offer and more event packs as needed. They then race through leveling while replicating anything needed. Regardless for the rarity, the crew are leveled as quickly as people can click.

Strangely, I would love to see a video of that...
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭

All new crew are maxed within 5-10 minutes of them going live. It's usually a mad whale-rush to get first to max. Thankfully the new 3* card didn't get leaked into voyages so anyone has a chance at Shran on Monday after the event ends.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »

All new crew are maxed within 5-10 minutes of them going live. It's usually a mad whale-rush to get first to max. Thankfully the new 3* card didn't get leaked into voyages so anyone has a chance at Shran on Monday after the event ends.

The exception being easter egg fusion characters. I think it was hours before the Duras Sisters had a first to max.
    Whelp, shuttle nerf feels like a fail to me. Lag is just as bad as before when we got 10 shuttles per faction : /
  • Yeah it is.... and back to my original argument. This nerf is designed to make us spend more.
    I concur. I never thought otherwise. Just another misdirection to cover the true intent.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    There was no mention of lag in my fleet. Could it be your devices?
  • The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I concur. I never thought otherwise. Just another misdirection to cover the true intent.

Same... but I wanted to see if the lag actually got better. The lag is not better. Nice try DB, now please put it back to normal
    Grant77 wrote: »
    There was no mention of lag in my fleet. Could it be your devices?

No, it's not the device, it's waiting for a response from the back end. Even with just a single shuttle, waiting for success and rewards takes a long time.

The fundamental problem wasn't actually tackled, multiple simultaneous requests over running server resources. Limiting our options doesn't limit the calls to the server, everybody is still opening shuttles and getting returns.

The best this could have possibly been expected to do is shorten how long that window is that the concurrent calls take place because we can't get as far in VP or thresholds now.
  • I'M just chiming in to say that the lag is the same. While I don't mind that DB is tweaking the kickstart so that it won't impact VIP0 or low VIP players as much and make them more competitive, the excuse offered is EA-worthy. Well done.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got together with some co-workers and we used different devices and platforms, and seeing same if not slightly poorer performance. We used a mix of Wifi/Mobile as well as Steam on a PC.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had one Maquis mission that took a minute to open.