Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Honor Of Andoria + Faction Event Change - Edited

Comments

• The lag is definitely server related.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    Ooo the art actually looks pretty good! Sad that I probably won't be getting that Saru :(

I managed to pull him from the event pack. Although that was under two hours ago he was already maxed which seems insanely quick for a new legendary!

The race for first to max is in minutes. The people who compete buy the $100 offer, get the 10 packs, and then do the $25 offer and more event packs as needed. They then race through leveling while replicating anything needed. Regardless for the rarity, the crew are leveled as quickly as people can click.

I know it can be quick but you need to be lucky with the replicator (even with max VIP)
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »
    There was no mention of lag in my fleet. Could it be your devices?

No, it's not the device, it's waiting for a response from the back end. Even with just a single shuttle, waiting for success and rewards takes a long time.

The fundamental problem wasn't actually tackled, multiple simultaneous requests over running server resources. Limiting our options doesn't limit the calls to the server, everybody is still opening shuttles and getting returns.

The best this could have possibly been expected to do is shorten how long that window is that the concurrent calls take place because we can't get as far in VP or thresholds now.

I don't know anything about how servers work (that's being generous), but some people experienced lag and many others experienced none at all. Does that have to do with my region or country?
  • Shuttle breakdown is 4x3 seat, a 4 seat and a 5 seat per faction.

That mix is good.

Placement is still my usual mid 200s, so no crazy dilithium buy in my range.

• PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it's not the device, it's waiting for a response from the back end. Even with just a single shuttle, waiting for success and rewards takes a long time.

The fundamental problem wasn't actually tackled, multiple simultaneous requests over running server resources. Limiting our options doesn't limit the calls to the server, everybody is still opening shuttles and getting returns.

The best this could have possibly been expected to do is shorten how long that window is that the concurrent calls take place because we can't get as far in VP or thresholds now.

I don't know anything about how servers work (that's being generous), but some people experienced lag and many others experienced none at all. Does that have to do with my region or country?

Id have thought that as well, except I've got EU folks in my fleet seeing the same things as some CA and US folks. And Apple vs Android and Steam. No Facebook folks so far.

It could be nodes in the clusters -- meaning say you have 3 Servers in the Cluster A B and C, and there's performance issues on A but not B, etc, then the users on that node would see the lag.

• Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Id have thought that as well, except I've got EU folks in my fleet seeing the same things as some CA and US folks. And Apple vs Android and Steam. No Facebook folks so far.

It could be nodes in the clusters -- meaning say you have 3 Servers in the Cluster A B and C, and there's performance issues on A but not B, etc, then the users on that node would see the lag.

That makes some sense to me, so you may be right. This is a small sample, but I talked to about 8 other Canadians and none of us experienced lag, so there could be something to that.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭

That makes some sense to me, so you may be right. This is a small sample, but I talked to about 8 other Canadians and none of us experienced lag, so there could be something to that.

I can be added to the count of Canadians without lag. We might be on a good cluster.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had almost no lag at all this event with the nerf whereas with other events I had a lot. I am starting slower which is frustrating but so appears everyone else is starting slowly as well.
    Let’s fly!
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

I can be added to the count of Canadians without lag. We might be on a good cluster.

Southwestern Ontario boy here and got minimal lag right at the 12pm start... but I'm talking maybe 3 seconds of tapping a transmission and it opening max
    Yateball wrote: »

Southwestern Ontario boy here and got minimal lag right at the 12pm start... but I'm talking maybe 3 seconds of tapping a transmission and it opening max

Perhaps the Canadians with lag were out west, and therefore on a different server cluster?

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭

Perhaps the Canadians with lag were out west, and therefore on a different server cluster?

Northern Ontario for myself and the friends I discussed it with.
  • Grant77 wrote: »

All the way out in BC here and saw the same lag. Could be region related.
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Northwest US here, and the lag was actually worse this time than I've had in the last several events.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    RNGesus is throwing down his wrath on me. Did 30 quick start shuttles (the max now, without spending dilithium, instead of 40). Since then I've sent out 2 sets of 4 shuttles. All with 98-99% chance of success and a 90 minute time boost. Failed 3 of the 8 so far. Ugh.

Update: 8 sets of 4 shuttles now. Lowest was a 96% in the last batch. At least 1 failed in 7 of the 8 batches. 8 failures out of 32 shuttles. Success rate is only 75% currently

I’ve now switched from using the 90 minute time reduction boosts and slotting skill boosts. Now all 4 shuttles have a 98-99% chance of success (still at 3500 because of so many failures).

Two sets of the shuttles using skill boosts have completed. The first one had no failures finally. The second batch again had a failure, but at least I'm on the 4000 VP shuttles. Lowest percentage for the 4000 VP is 96%

All the way out in BC here and saw the same lag. Could be region related.

Given Magisse's comment above I think it's a region thing. Folks out west seem to be lagging more than the folks here in the east.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    2/4 failed shuttles at 95%. Congratulations DB, you have now officially converted me to the I don't care about shuttle events group.

Now instead of having a realistic progression, and being able to pick a difficulty and run those, I have to deal with a very unpleasant and spiteful RNGeesus and take forever to reach my potential. Not fun.
    DB has an AMAZING way of making changes "for player benefit" and just taking the fun out of everything they touched.
  • I can only speak for myself, but I had no difficulty getting up and running. I wasn't even into the 4000 point shuttles yet when I was ranked in the 300's, and I've managed to stay in the 200-600 range consistently throughout these first twelve hours. I used, I think, 16 of the 90 minute time reducing boosts. Maybe I'm an outlier here and the reduction to six shuttles per faction has turned the event inside out for everyone else. I dunno. I can just say that on my end, I haven't seen any noticeable effect other than I've had less pressure to open even more shuttles and assign even more crew all at once just to get going. I'm cool with that.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m currently at 25, which is slightly better than normal for a full effort. I was interested in seeing how this new change would play out. Seems to be fairly consistent with past ranks
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sitting around where I normally would in a Faction event. Contrary to the opinions of some, I find the changes have been beneficial from an enjoyment perspective.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sitting around where I normally would in a Faction event. Contrary to the opinions of some, I find the changes have been beneficial from an enjoyment perspective.

I completely agree. I am exactly where I usually am. I found the shortened kickstart less stressful and having less missions to cycle through makes it easier to find the missions I want. People forget that event rank is competitive and any change to make the event easier or harder that effects everyone has no impact on overall rank.
  • AviTrek wrote: »

I completely agree. I am exactly where I usually am. I found the shortened kickstart less stressful and having less missions to cycle through makes it easier to find the missions I want. People forget that event rank is competitive and any change to make the event easier or harder that effects everyone has no impact on overall rank.

Agreed x2
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I think the biggest impact is those in the 1-300 rank range. Those who spent dilithium where they didn't previously (to get to 4000 VP faster) have moved up higher in the top 300 than where they would previously rank.

I haven't been willing to spend dilithium. So, I'm about 150 ranks lower than I normally am at this point. Normally I'm around 50-70 but currently I'm at 210. Not a big deal because I only care about getting the legendary, so top 1000 works (since 1-25 is nearly impossible)

It shouldn't really have any impact on players that are worse than rank 300 because those are all players who aren't spending dilithium on speed ups, so it's not surprising to see so many people not impacted.

I will say I like only having to have 2 extra missions open at any given time instead of 6 extra missions. Using less transmissions this way.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    INusually stsrt in the 30s and end in the 30s. This week i started in the 40s and am up to 18. Perhaps I reached 4000 faster than others or they are struggling to maintain it
    I'm about 600 ranks lower because the fickle and pitiful RNG has decided that 95% is the new 55.

Definitely much less fun when you're completely at the mercy of a shoddy RNG.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm about 600 ranks lower because the fickle and pitiful RNG has decided that 95% is the new 55.

RNG is an issue separate from the kickstart. Bad RNG would have hurt you if you were running 4k missions or 2k missions.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I had 3 out of 4 succeed while I was working. Got less than 500 to go for second Shran Star ,and less than 7500 to go for second Star for Katrina, who is now Level 100, Fully Equipped.

Scott

Even of the very first Shuttle is a "FAIL" for 300 Points in the morning:

cvlikld4mnp9.png

Got her 2*:

qlxtc43wy5qr.png

d5mmx6c5rzvc.png

858uzbssm99x.png

tgp7kyu4qd4d.png
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    AviTrek wrote: »

RNG is an issue separate from the kickstart. Bad RNG would have hurt you if you were running 4k missions or 2k missions.

With the full kickstart the bad RNG wouldn't have made it take an extra 4 sets of shuttles to reach 4k and wouldn't so severely handicap me. When I should have been able to rank under 1k easily, now I can't at all.

The full kick start would have also made those failures less painful because I wouldn't be knocked down VP tiers when the RNG decides to be a deck.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is there so much engineering and very little science when this week's event crew have no engineering and have lots of science.
    Let’s fly!
  • AviTrek wrote: »

With the full kickstart the bad RNG wouldn't have made it take an extra 4 sets of shuttles to reach 4k and wouldn't so severely handicap me. When I should have been able to rank under 1k easily, now I can't at all.

The full kick start would have also made those failures less painful because I wouldn't be knocked down VP tiers when the RNG decides to be a deck.

I’m in the same boat. I’m about 800 spots below where I usually am at this point. With the awesome RNG failing my 90-95% shuttles I barely made it to 4K this morning. Only to fail 3/4 of those, 90%+ shuttles to be knocked back down to 3500. Unless I have a perfect remaining weekend this will be the first faction even I won’t end top 1k in over a year.
  • bowdybowdy ✭✭✭
    I think the biggest impact is those in the 1-300 rank range. Those who spent dilithium where they didn't previously (to get to 4000 VP faster) have moved up higher in the top 300 than where they would previously rank.

I haven't been willing to spend dilithium. So, I'm about 150 ranks lower than I normally am at this point. Normally I'm around 50-70 but currently I'm at 210. Not a big deal because I only care about getting the legendary, so top 1000 works (since 1-25 is nearly impossible)

It shouldn't really have any impact on players that are worse than rank 300 because those are all players who aren't spending dilithium on speed ups, so it's not surprising to see so many people not impacted.

I will say I like only having to have 2 extra missions open at any given time instead of 6 extra missions. Using less transmissions this way.
    I rank regularly in the top 200 and have never spent Dil to speed up. Ever. I have been top 50 on a number of occasions and the same. You don't need to spend Dil to rank high.