Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Honor Of Andoria + Faction Event Change - Edited

Comments

• There are two options for mini kickstart: One needs 5x1* boosts (after the first six 1 min shuttles returned) and 6x3* boost, this one needs 2x10 mins extra waiting. Other one needs 11x3* boosts (after 6+5 one mins shuttle returned). Both ends at 29th mission (2250 VP)
    Or you can send 18x3hours shuttle after the first 18 one mins but thats more boost and more extra time. That one land you at 3500VP, but cost you dil or extra 1,5 hours waiting between shuttles.

Depending on how many 4* boosts you have, you can do it either of these ways:

Low 4* boost option:
    Open 18 * 1min missions.
    Run 11 1 min missions normally.
    Open 11 90 min missions.
    Run 2 1 min missions normally.
    Open 2 120 min missions.
    Now run all missions to completion, remembering (or writing down) which are which length since they won't show the correct time to complete until you start it.
    Run 11 90 min missions with 3* boost for instant completion.
    Run 2 120 min missions with 4* boost for instant completion.
    Run 5 1 min missions normally.
    This will get you to 31 missions.

High 4* boost option:
    Open 13 * 1min missions.
    Open 11 90 min missions.
    Open 7 120 min missions.
    Now run all missions to completion, remembering (or writing down) which are which length since they won't show the correct time to complete until you start it.
    Run 7 120 min missions with 4* boost for instant completion.
    This will get you to 31 missions with 2480 more VP
  • Rocpile wrote: »
    There are two options for mini kickstart: One needs 5x1* boosts (after the first six 1 min shuttles returned) and 6x3* boost, this one needs 2x10 mins extra waiting. Other one needs 11x3* boosts (after 6+5 one mins shuttle returned). Both ends at 29th mission (2250 VP)
    Or you can send 18x3hours shuttle after the first 18 one mins but thats more boost and more extra time. That one land you at 3500VP, but cost you dil or extra 1,5 hours waiting between shuttles.

Depending on how many 4* boosts you have, you can do it either of these ways:

Low 4* boost option:
    Open 18 * 1min missions.
    Open 11 90 min missions.
    Open 2 120 min missions.
    Run 2 120 min missions with 4* boost for instant completion.
    Run 5 1 min missions normally.
    This will get you to 31 missions.

High 4* boost option:
    Open 13 * 1min missions.
    Open 11 90 min missions.
    Open 7 120 min missions.
    Run 7 120 min missions with 4* boost for instant completion.
    This will get you to 31 missions with 2480 more VP

You can click on the VP on the mission screen to check the VP Value for Shuttle Time

• You can click on the VP on the mission screen to check the VP Value for Shuttle Time

This is the BEST way to be sure of which mission you are launching
    ignore the "time stated", as its bugged when you have multiple missions open with different times.
    When you actually launch the mission it will change to the right time for "that mission"

1 min 2vp
    90 min 350vp
    120 min 500 vp
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    There are two options for mini kickstart: One needs 5x1* boosts (after the first six 1 min shuttles returned) and 6x3* boost, this one needs 2x10 mins extra waiting. Other one needs 11x3* boosts (after 6+5 one mins shuttle returned). Both ends at 29th mission (2250 VP)

If you happen to have 2 of the 4* boosts sitting around, you could sneak in 2 extra immediate missions (500 points each). That would also give you an extra cushion when doing the higher points missions, since you'd be starting out the 2250 point missions having already completed 31 missions (insurance in case you happen to fail a mission while getting from 2250 points to 4000 points).

EDIT: somebody beat me to it... ha
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Has is been stated what factions are featured for this event? Is it just Federation?

I'm pretty sure Shan said it was 3 factions, but they won't be revealed until after noon (EST) as usual.

I asked Shan 3 times how many factions there were and was ignored every time. Can you find where this was said? Thanks very much.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »
    Has is been stated what factions are featured for this event? Is it just Federation?

I'm pretty sure Shan said it was 3 factions, but they won't be revealed until after noon (EST) as usual.

I asked Shan 3 times how many factions there were and was ignored every time. Can you find where this was said? Thanks very much.

You were not ignored but I am not always available and tagging me does absolutely nothing.

Updating the OP now.
  • SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    Anyone got the figures for how many successful missions get you to each “time”?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP updated with:

Event factions
    Terran Empire, Augments, Maquis

Bonus crew:
    • high bonus: event crew and Prisoner Katrina Cornwell
    • small bonus: variants of Saru, variants of Shran, crew with the Andorian trait and all Discovery crew.

List of current additional Discovery crew:
    First Officer Burnham
    Graduation Michael Burnham
    Tactical Michael Burnham
    Prisoner Michael Burnham
    Dr. Hugh Culber
    Prisoner Katrina Cornwell
    Desert Philippa Georgiou
    Armed Philippa Georgiou
    Captain Lorca
    Vengeful L'Rell
    Harcourt Fenton Mudd
    Torchbearer Rejac
    Sarek
    Lieutenant Commander Saru
    First Officer Saru
    Reinforcements Stamets
    Ripper
    Cadet Sylvia Tilly
    T'Kuvma
    Celebratory Ash Tyler
    Lt. Ash Tyler
    Torchbearer Voq
  • The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Grant77 wrote: »

Shan wrote: »
    More information:

This event will involve 3 factions.

And the change to the number of unique faction mission is being made as an effort to reduce server lag during events. We will evaluate the effects and make changes as necessary.

Shans post. In this thread on Page 3. Feb 2.
  • Shan wrote: »
    OP updated with:

Event factions

Bonus crew:
    • small bonus: variants of Saru, variants of Shran, crew with the Andorian trait and all Discovery crew.

First Officer Burnham
    Tactical Michael Burnham
    Prisoner Michael Burnham
    Dr. Hugh Culber
    Desert Philippa Georgiou
    Armed Philippa Georgiou
    Captain Lorca
    Vengeful L'Rell
    Harcourt Fenton Mudd
    Torchbearer Rejac
    Sarek
    First Officer Saru
    Reinforcements Stamets
    Ripper
    Cadet Sylvia Tilly
    T'Kuvma
    Celebratory Ash Tyler
    Lt. Ash Tyler
    Torchbearer Voq

Don't all variants of Saru count as Discovery and don't all variants of Shran have the Andorian trait???
    Siblin wrote: »
    Anyone got the figures for how many successful missions get you to each “time”?

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Events#Faction_Event
  • Nemeton wrote: »
    OP updated with:

Event factions

Bonus crew:

First Officer Burnham
    Tactical Michael Burnham
    Prisoner Michael Burnham
    Dr. Hugh Culber
    Desert Philippa Georgiou
    Armed Philippa Georgiou
    Captain Lorca
    Vengeful L'Rell
    Harcourt Fenton Mudd
    Torchbearer Rejac
    Sarek
    First Officer Saru
    Reinforcements Stamets
    Ripper
    Cadet Sylvia Tilly
    T'Kuvma
    Celebratory Ash Tyler
    Lt. Ash Tyler
    Torchbearer Voq

Don't all variants of Saru count as Discovery and don't all variants of Shran have the Andorian trait???

They do, but I think @Shan is being as specific as possible to head off any potential misunderstandings.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nemeton wrote: »
    OP updated with:

Event factions

Bonus crew:

First Officer Burnham
    Tactical Michael Burnham
    Prisoner Michael Burnham
    Dr. Hugh Culber
    Desert Philippa Georgiou
    Armed Philippa Georgiou
    Captain Lorca
    Vengeful L'Rell
    Harcourt Fenton Mudd
    Torchbearer Rejac
    Sarek
    First Officer Saru
    Reinforcements Stamets
    Ripper
    Cadet Sylvia Tilly
    T'Kuvma
    Celebratory Ash Tyler
    Lt. Ash Tyler
    Torchbearer Voq

They do, but I think @Shan is being as specific as possible to head off any potential misunderstandings.

I am keeping in line with how we provide the information on a weekly basis, otherwise yes there will be questions.
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP updated with:

Event factions

Bonus crew:

First Officer Burnham
    Tactical Michael Burnham
    Prisoner Michael Burnham
    Dr. Hugh Culber
    Desert Philippa Georgiou
    Armed Philippa Georgiou
    Captain Lorca
    Vengeful L'Rell
    Harcourt Fenton Mudd
    Torchbearer Rejac
    Sarek
    First Officer Saru
    Reinforcements Stamets
    Ripper
    Cadet Sylvia Tilly
    T'Kuvma
    Celebratory Ash Tyler
    Lt. Ash Tyler
    Torchbearer Voq

Maybe they are planning “Human Shran” like “Human Q” or “Romulan Kirk” who doesn’t have the Andorian trait in the future 😇
  • Shan wrote: »
    OP updated with:

Event factions

Bonus crew:

First Officer Burnham
    Tactical Michael Burnham
    Prisoner Michael Burnham
    Dr. Hugh Culber
    Desert Philippa Georgiou
    Armed Philippa Georgiou
    Captain Lorca
    Vengeful L'Rell
    Harcourt Fenton Mudd
    Torchbearer Rejac
    Sarek
    First Officer Saru
    Reinforcements Stamets
    Ripper
    Cadet Sylvia Tilly
    T'Kuvma
    Celebratory Ash Tyler
    Lt. Ash Tyler
    Torchbearer Voq

I am keeping in line with how we provide the information on a weekly basis, otherwise yes there will be questions.

Nailed it! Thank you @Shan!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three good factions for item drops...as much as I like Encoded Communiques and polyalloy, I need more Medical Experiments to finish off Edith Keeler once and for all.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for the update, @Shan . Sad that the other 2 TAS cards won’t count as variants of Thelin, but I suppose there are more than enough from DSC to make it a moot point.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update, @Shan . Sad that the other 2 TAS cards won’t count as variants of Thelin, but I suppose there are more than enough from DSC to make it a moot point.

Quite true. But that would have been a fun addition, and I'd love a reason to bust out Arex or level Lucien.
    I'm still hoping Lucien comes as threshold crew for a shuttle event someday so I can get something for having him, and FF him.
  • So far I am gravitating over a strategy that I will test on the event, and credit for it goes to my fleet as well, as they gave me a few interesting ideas. It's based on as few boosters as possible, so here goes:

open 18, do 6 from 1 faction, save the 12@1min. Then open another 4 do with low boosters (like 1-2*), so that's 10+12@1 min. Open 6, do with 3* time boosters. that's 16+12@1 min. Then you have 3 sets of 4 shuttles to ideally get 12 victories (the idea being that you want to do lower level missions, than working up from 1800). If that happens, you are at 28+12@1 min which puts you at 40. Even if you fail some, you will be around or above 35, or 3500 VP, which is still pretty decent.

It's much easier if you have more boosters, and a bunch of legendaries. We will see if it works.
  • So far I am gravitating over a strategy that I will test on the event, and credit for it goes to my fleet as well, as they gave me a few interesting ideas. It's based on as few boosters as possible, so here goes:

open 18, do 6 from 1 faction, save the 12@1min. Then open another 4 do with low boosters (like 1-2*), so that's 10+12@1 min. Open 6, do with 3* time boosters. that's 16+12@1 min. Then you have 3 sets of 4 shuttles to ideally get 12 victories (the idea being that you want to do lower level missions, than working up from 1800). If that happens, you are at 28+12@1 min which puts you at 40. Even if you fail some, you will be around or above 35, or 3500 VP, which is still pretty decent.

It's much easier if you have more boosters, and a bunch of legendaries. We will see if it works.

if i get this right.....

open 18x1min
    do 6 x1min (6 completed, 12x1min remaining)
    open 4, and do them 2*.. (10 completed, 12x1min remaining)
    open 6 and do them with 3* (16 completed, 12x1min remaining)

now there is this statement about 3x4shuttle victories?
    so these are 3 hr missions? with time boosts? lower difficulty so time boots more effective as opposed to stat boosts? these would be 4x1200VP > 4x1500 > 4x1800

if so.. then 28 completed, 12x1min remaining

Then do the remaining 12x1 min

total time..
    maybe 30 min to get to the 1st set of 4x1200vp 3hr missions
    1.5 hr 4 completed 1200vp
    1.5 hr 4 completed 1500vp
    1.5 hr 4 completed 1800vp
    5 min to do the remaining 1 min missions

so after bout 5-6 hrs.. you are at 4k missions.

workable.. if you have 18 3* time boosts.

• edited February 2018
    Precisely, that's why I said as few boosters as possible + if you have the boosters and the crew to support it, and with a bit of luck, in 6 hours you can be at 4k VP. Without boosters, it will be like 10.5 hours, because you need to either do 3 times 4 shuttles over 9 hours period (the 3x4), or boost them as well as possible. Still not terrible, all things considered.

Sadly, this is the easiest way I can compute without having way too many 3* or better boosters.

EDIT: the slow way requires 4x2* boosters + 6x3* boosters, while the faster way is 4x2* boosters + 18x3* boosters. Most high ranking people can afford an even faster start (especially if you can afford 4x2 + 6x3 + 12x4* or 12x5* and spped those 30 mins with DIL, which puts them in a very commanding position). I am far from confident that my strategy is the best, but it's a start :)
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've also been working out various other 18 shuttle kick-start variants...it will be less a chance to hit 4000 shuttles early than an opportunity to burn through zero and one star time boosters. ;)

Also intrigued by the faction options. Augments will probably get the support at the end, but all three factions offer useful drops & will get some attention from my shuttle crew.
  • I've also been working out various other 18 shuttle kick-start variants...it will be less a chance to hit 4000 shuttles early than an opportunity to burn through zero and one star time boosters. ;)

Also intrigued by the faction options. Augments will probably get the support at the end, but all three factions offer useful drops & will get some attention from my shuttle crew.

I also expect the Augments to win. 2* Science experiments and 0* Medical experiments are not obtained through normal missions, and they are extremely valuable for MED, SCI, and MED/SCI crew. We had a ton of MED/SCI crew in the current roster.
    So far the best balanced kickstart strategies I've seen are to finish 31 missions that are all either 1-minute or instant-completion missions. No matter how you slice it, it looks like you'll need at least 3 waves of 3-hour shuttles after that, in order to get to the 4k shuttles.

The good thing about this particular event is that with all the secondary event crew, even the higher point shuttles (ie: 2250, 2750 and 3500) can probably get high success % even with speed boosts applied. Just using 12 x 3* boosts (on top of the 11 needed earlier on) would cut the time in half for those ramp-up missions. Without dil, you should be able to get to the 4k missions in about 5 hours.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP updated with:

Event factions

Bonus crew:

First Officer Burnham
    Tactical Michael Burnham
    Prisoner Michael Burnham
    Dr. Hugh Culber
    Desert Philippa Georgiou
    Armed Philippa Georgiou
    Captain Lorca
    Vengeful L'Rell
    Harcourt Fenton Mudd
    Torchbearer Rejac
    Sarek
    First Officer Saru
    Reinforcements Stamets
    Ripper
    Cadet Sylvia Tilly
    T'Kuvma
    Celebratory Ash Tyler
    Lt. Ash Tyler
    Torchbearer Voq

thanks as always for the full and thorough info Shan! Is it safe to assume (with our new FREE slots!!!) that this list will remain bonus crew for the rest of this mega-event?
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    das411 wrote: »
    Is it safe to assume (with our new FREE slots!!!) that this list will remain bonus crew for the rest of this mega-event?

No need to assume. It's already been explicitly stated that all Andorians and all Discovery crew are bonus for the mega.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, 6 three seat missions I hope.

It’s more likely going to be 3 all new six seat missions and 3 five seaters >:)

• My money's on 1 3 seater, 1 5 seater and 4x4 per faction.

New round of angst over only 3 available 3 seaters in 40 hours.
  • The artwork for Thelin is better than it was in TOS.

I know there's been a decline recently - but IMO the artwork isn't as bad as it has been recently.