Home The Bridge

Key information about this week’s event: Founders At War - 02/22

Comments

• I'm in. I want all three of those new characters, and I've got lots of chrons banked up for it.
  • Grant77 wrote: »
    I just cant wait for the next mega event where Voyager only crew have to stop the Xindi from attacking Earth.....

Wait, no Burnham? That wouldn't be any fun.

Burnham and Janeway Vs. The Xindi!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Grant77
    I appreciate the sentiment of wanting Archer. I do, too. And the Ruk you is funny with the malicious stare. But don't you think you may have been a bit over-harsh?

@The Great Gornholio
    Absolutely hilarious.
  • I'm in. I want all three of those new characters, and I've got lots of chrons banked up for it.

Got a feeling you could probably clear out event rank achievements on this one as well.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • ...(squeeks teeth)
    Not quite sure what to make of this..
    It's like..

Being a kid at Christmas and you stay up all night because you want to do what all kids want to do. Kidnap Santa. So your patient.. and you lay out all the perfect traps your 6 year old mind can think of..

In the end..
    you just end up snaring the burgler who was coming to ransack you on Christmas night. I mean yeah sure you stopped the criminal, but that sob scared off Santa. Now you have to wait another 2 years before you can try again with the 1 year bad behavior penilty for kicking the thief in gift bag once he was already incapacitated

Any who,
    I'll likely do threshold and out
    If it were Jamel, a new good Archer, Shran, Leather coat Larry, killy or even a changling then I'd have gone a few extra miles, got an event pack and see how things went.

Didn't get the 5* Mudd so I'm open to a shot at the 4*, and I'm ok with Landry.. who ever is Threshold will be mine.

I don't feel random Aenar should be 5*.
    Jamel, sure. I don't think this character has the appeal to headline the finale of a mega event. (Barely the appeal the main event a regular event)

Her brother would have great.

Oh well :D

• RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    NS111111 wrote: »
    Wait.

So a Vulcan/Andor event that doesn't feature Archer.

And a Dominion War tie-in event that doesn't feature ANYONE from DS9. Or indeed from the THREE series which technically have some link to the Dominion War...

When are we getting a 5* Admiral Ross?

Wait, when was the Dominion War tie-in event? THAT'S a mega-event I want to see.
  • And ppl complained about Tilly (main cast crew) being a legendary. Now we get a 1 episode andorian. :D

I believe the complaints about Tilly had to do with her status in-universe, not her prominence on the show. She's a Starfleet cadet and she had the highest engineering base of any crew in the game. I don't particularly worry about those complaints because power creep is a necessary component in a game like this and the card stats are always going to be somewhat arbitrary, but I do understand.

Lissan, in contrast, was fairly prominent in-universe, acting as the designated speaker for all of the Aenar on Andoria. She is kind of a one-off in Enterprise, though we also have ample precedent for complaining about that - you may remember when Kortar was a featured mega event legendary? Again, I get it but don't see much to get upset about here.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I will just play for thresholds next week. Not truly interested in any of these; Landry will be another SEC primary character that will more than likely end up in Cryo anyway. Mudd may have SCI and/or ENG, so he can be useful if his stats are up to snuff for being a 4*. Lissen may or may not impress; I would save money by buying the $50 offer that appears to get at least a 1/5 with the bells and whistles rather than spending that much on just Chrons for a shot at top 1k. I would rather my Chrons next week go to leveling crew.

I am still waiting for my Andorian Janeway DB!

If you need to spend that much on crons to get under the top 1k you are seriously doing it wrong.

I can hit that on most galaxy events without dropping a penny
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I KNEW IT!!! I KNEW that they will find a way to avoid Archer.

Although Landry is cool and badass **tsk tsk** CON ARTIST MUDD doesn't have anything to do with Vulcans and Andorians!!! That should be Archer alongside badass Landry.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    So why is this event called Founders at War?
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I KNEW IT!!! I KNEW that they will find a way to avoid Archer.

Although Landry is cool and badass *left-handed Duck-Billed Platypus* CON ARTIST MUDD doesn't have anything to do with Vulcans and Andorians!!! That should be Archer alongside badass Landry.

You're right, Mudd has nothing to do with the Vulcans and Andorians. But in that same vein, neither does Landry. She *garbled message* before anything regarding the Vulcans and/or Andorians came about.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭

Andorians and Vulcans are two of the founding societies of the Federation (the others being Humans and Tellarites), and they're at war in this event. Ergo "Founders at War".
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭

My assumption is because it features the Vulcans and the Andorians, two of the Federation's founders.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »

My assumption is because it features the Vulcans and the Andorians, two of the Federation's founders.

There are no Vulcans or Andorians in this event.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »

Time-loop Mudd will hold an Andorian helmet in his hands
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭

Isn't the 5* an Andorian?
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't the five-star an Andorian? I genuinely have no idea who she is. Also, the mega-event has been rife with them, as the "plot" of it has been dealing with a Vulcan/Andorian war. Or something.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't the five-star an Andorian? I genuinely have no idea who she is. Also, the mega-event has been rife with them, as the "plot" of it has been dealing with a Vulcan/Andorian war. Or something.

Would a Neandertal in Star Trek be considered human or a separate race? She is an offshoot of Andorian - Aenar.
  • [GoT] Unsober Shimoda[GoT] Unsober Shimoda ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    DB, you are a bunch of Ruking clowns. You create an entire mega event centered around an event that Captain Archer resolved and then don't even use him. Everyone was hyped up for 4 weeks about getting a new Archer and you pull a stunt like this.

For this, I give you a sincere Ruk you. What a joke. I hope that the rest of you lose your jobs for intentionally screwing around with players. You all deserve it.

It's a game, dude... Get a grip... No one forces you to play, no one forces you to pay. If you feel this is such an egregious wrong that demands international/UN Human Rights evaluation, then why not file a complaint with Attorney General or Magistrate office in your state/city alleging fraudulent business practices...

Not even Scott Bakula's own mother would be this bent out of shape at "No Archer"...
    [GoT] Drunk Shimoda
    GoT Chief Communications Officer
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't the 5* an Andorian?

Well, an Aenar from Andoria
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭

The 5* is Aenar, a different species from the same planet.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would have been good to have Jhamel and her daughter with Shran, Talla. Good to get an Aenar though. The actress who played Jhamel may have said no to DB using her likeness. It is weird no Archers in any events. They have him in game but not in events. Maybe DB could make a three star rare archer for the last event of the Andorian month.
    Let’s fly!
  • I KNEW IT!!! I KNEW that they will find a way to avoid Archer.

Although Landry is cool and badass *left-handed Duck-Billed Platypus* CON ARTIST MUDD doesn't have anything to do with Vulcans and Andorians!!! That should be Archer alongside badass Landry.

In this episode Mudd was wearing an Andorian space suit

Got a feeling you could probably clear out event rank achievements on this one as well.

I could, easily.

I'm already in the top 1000 and I have enough chrons banked up that if I spent them all in phase 2 I could maybe finish top 200, but meh.

I could use a second * on Suus Mahna Sarek, but he's not overwhelmingly useful and he's on the airlock chopping block for me right now (I don't like airlocking 5*s but I will if I'm not blown away by them), and I could do without the ranked Burnham too. I like both Discovery characters, but I have a precious few open roster spots and frankly I want Mudd more than any of this week's ranked rewards.

Plus I kind of feel like destroying an event, and I feel l can do that with the amount of chrons I will have by Thursday.
  • I'm down for some Rehka Sharma.