Home The Bridge

Key information about this week’s event: Founders At War - 02/22

12345679»

Comments

• Dralix wrote: »
    Magisse wrote: »
    Just wondering, what does Senator Cretak (3* ranked reward) have to do with this event?

Romulans are Vulcans. Well, a sub species anyway.

Dralix, no! Don't open that can of worms!
    Sisko: What are you gonna learn in the next few months that you haven't already learned in the last 300 years?
    Ezri Dax: Oh, how to keep from breaking into tears for no reason...
  • Other ST games have her likeness with just a blanket license agreement with CBS, no negotiation with the actor. Some actors one off negotiate that you need their specific permission, but that's been relatively rare in the Star Trek universe from what I've seen.

Unless the next line is “I know this because I work for other ST games and/or CBS and I have seen the contracts” then you are just making assumptions. Incorrect assumptions.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skimming quickly through this thread, I'm starting to lose track of whether people are talking about Shan or Shran. Which one's the Andorian, again? >:)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other ST games have her likeness with just a blanket license agreement with CBS, no negotiation with the actor. Some actors one off negotiate that you need their specific permission, but that's been relatively rare in the Star Trek universe from what I've seen.

Unless the next line is “I know this because I work for other ST games and/or CBS and I have seen the contracts” then you are just making assumptions. Incorrect assumptions.

I've talked to people who make the content, specifically with the contracts in their hands. I've even posed the question directly.
    It's not exactly a giant leap of common sense anyways.
  • South of SuluSouth of Sulu ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Other ST games have her likeness with just a blanket license agreement with CBS, no negotiation with the actor. Some actors one off negotiate that you need their specific permission, but that's been relatively rare in the Star Trek universe from what I've seen.

I've talked to people who make the content, specifically with the contracts in their hands. I've even posed the question directly.
    It's not exactly a giant leap of common sense anyways.

Well it is since it wrong but otherwise makes perfect sense. This is basically my best friends sisters cousin knows a guy who told me so.

Sadiq famously held up the toys for DS9 because he refused to sign off on his likeness.

Which specific Star Trek game is using Alexandra Lydon’s (Jhamel) likeness without her individually signing off on it?

DB said TOS Mudd is not in the game because he is dead and his estate has not approved his likeness. The have said that each character is individually approved. That was said in a video that still posted on Facebook and here on the (old) forums. I would think CBS would have a problem if their license holder was lying specifically about them (CBS).
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhamel is in Star Trek Adversaries (I won't share the pic here because there would probably be copyright issues, not to mention that DB likely wouldn't be very fond of me for doing so). So if they can afford her, I would think DB could. Didn't see TOS Mudd there, but there are some other cool crew in their cards which we don't have, like Balok.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • All right, I finished the threshold rewards. Feels nice to be done with the event early and that I’m not gonna spend any money on crew packs. I could care less about any of the characters in the ranked rewards.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

• S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the easiest event ever!!

61Uug7n.png
  • Agreed. I don't even participate much in galaxies if the top characters are of no interest to me. (Like this one)

Our fleet all concurred that DB needs to make serious adjustments to the rewards tables for events if we can all get the threshold and community rewards cleared in under 12 hours. It just makes the other 3-1/2 days monotonous.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    Nerfball6 wrote: »
    All right, I finished the threshold rewards. Feels nice to be done with the event early and that I’m not gonna spend any money on crew packs. I could care less about any of the characters in the ranked rewards.

Ditto.. I got the final Landry as I thought may as well, but now I’m out. Happy hunting to those still in it.

Biggest question is what I do with the 700 chrons I still have left over! Waiting for info on next weeks event...
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. I don't even participate much in galaxies if the top characters are of no interest to me. (Like this one)

Our fleet all concurred that DB needs to make serious adjustments to the rewards tables for events if we can all get the threshold and community rewards cleared in under 12 hours. It just makes the other 3-1/2 days monotonous.

I’m mostly in it for the thresholds, and I once finished them just two hours after the event started. I actually found it relaxing to stop and start thinking about where my crew is weak, rather than immediately start prepping for the next event. -shrug-
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB may be saving Jhamel for a special pack later. Gots to make the money and keep the lights on.
    Let’s fly!
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB may be saving Jhamel for a special pack later. Gots to make the money and keep the lights on.

With the way some people spend on this game, they don't have to worry about that.
  • Congratulations everyone!! For the first time ever a galaxy event has more participation than an event of another type! (based on records of 1 turn-in since December of 2016.)