Home The Bridge

Key information about this week’s event: Founders At War - 02/22

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know who these characters are.

Lissan was an Aenar on Enterprise. She was the "in charge" one that tried to stop Jhamel from leaving with Shran and Archer.

The others are all DSC characters (Landry is Chief of Security, Mudd is Mudd).

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Lissan

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Harcourt_Fenton_Mudd

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Ellen_Landry
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    So why is this event called Founders at War?

Maybe because the Vulcans and the Andorians were among the FOUNDERS of the Federation? As seen in Enterprise?

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    Grant77 wrote: »
    RennJaxo wrote: »

My assumption is because it features the Vulcans and the Andorians, two of the Federation's founders.

There are no Vulcans or Andorians in this event.

Aenar ARE Andorians.

As are:

Shran
    Tarah
    Shras

Scott

• Hunter247 wrote: »
    Looks like I will just play for thresholds next week. Not truly interested in any of these; Landry will be another SEC primary character that will more than likely end up in Cryo anyway. Mudd may have SCI and/or ENG, so he can be useful if his stats are up to snuff for being a 4*. Lissen may or may not impress; I would save money by buying the $50 offer that appears to get at least a 1/5 with the bells and whistles rather than spending that much on just Chrons for a shot at top 1k. I would rather my Chrons next week go to leveling crew.

I am still waiting for my Andorian Janeway DB!

If you need to spend that much on crons to get under the top 1k you are seriously doing it wrong.

I can hit that on most galaxy events without dropping a penny

Shh! Don't tell the whales that there is a way to be successful at this game for free! They're the ones keeping the games servers paid for while those who actually learned to play reap the benefits!
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭

My assumption is because it features the Vulcans and the Andorians, two of the Federation's founders.

Aenar ARE Andorians.

As are:

Shran
    Tarah
    Shras

Scott

And Sarek was included, who is a Vulcan.

So yeah, there have definitely been Vulcans and Andorians in this event. Just not enough.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 repeat character (Commando Shran) against 18 new event characters across seven consecutive events.

This is one of my biggest gripes with this Mega Event. Yeah, DB gave up 5 free crew slots (one taken up by Kung Fu Sarek if you claimed him), but 18 new crew...just silly.

AND you could be like me, who paid for the 4th star on Shran THE DAY BEFORE they announced he would be in the event the next week :s

on the brighter side, after next week i will have the mother of all airlock parties: 2 x 2* Burnham, 2* Saru, 3* AND 4* Shran and 4* STD Sarek and Stoned Tyler will all be taking a nice cold vacation!

And thanks to stat-flation, Thelin is actually high enough that i could in theory freeze 4* Saru too, while Shras may let me do the same with other 4/4 DIPs I have...and would it be bad form to airlock this week's Burnham to cite up and finish off Tactical Burnham and freeze her too?
  • Is there a Dominion connection on this one? I think "Founders" refers to the Vulcans and Andorians as 2 of the founders of the UFP. No Archer on this event is just baffling, but the real dissapointing part overall is so many STD crew. The idea of a Vulcan-Andorian conflict is cool. Having the only Vulcan in the whole mega event who is bonus crew or event crew being one Vulcan, thats just weird.
  • SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    Very anticlimactic end. Final star for my cornwell is all I’m interested in I think
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm done spending anything, monthly included, until 100/FE 1/5 can be put into cryovault. The limited crew slots, this supremely disappointing event, and the moronic faction event change have removed all fun from this game and any desire to waste a couple minutes warp 10ing a couple missions for a 1/4 or 2/4.
  • edited February 2018
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    Looks like I will just play for thresholds next week. Not truly interested in any of these; Landry will be another SEC primary character that will more than likely end up in Cryo anyway. Mudd may have SCI and/or ENG, so he can be useful if his stats are up to snuff for being a 4*. Lissen may or may not impress; I would save money by buying the $50 offer that appears to get at least a 1/5 with the bells and whistles rather than spending that much on just Chrons for a shot at top 1k. I would rather my Chrons next week go to leveling crew.

I am still waiting for my Andorian Janeway DB!

If you need to spend that much on crons to get under the top 1k you are seriously doing it wrong.

I can hit that on most galaxy events without dropping a penny

I should have worded it better. $50 will net at least one copy, Chrons, Boost pulls, Credits, and five event packs with that offer, along with the VP Dilithium. Odds are I can obtain one more copy within those five packs (not absolute, but good chance, from experience). I can use whatever Chrons I have to level Lissan up to FE or somewhere close. With the Chron packs they offer, buying all five will cost roughly $50 just to sink into the event and get one copy of Lissan as there would be no way for me to rank top five to get more than one copy with the other rewards with those 6,250 Chrons plus whatever else I have sitting around and via Voyages. Lissan would remain low level and require even more Chrons to get up to FE.

It is just not worth wasting money and Chrons like that if the other way guarantees me a better alternative.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • We're getting a non-Jhamel Aenar? Seriously?

*sigh*

Why waste a highly requested character in an event when she can be part of a worst best chance of pack?
  • 12345678 of 12345678912345678 of 123456789 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    double post

Move along
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

Aenar ARE Andorians.

As are:

Shran
    Tarah
    Shras

Scott

That is not correct. They are a subspecies native to the same planet.

In the context of this discussion, they played no part in the founding of the Federation, as they were pacifists. It's not even clear if they are members of the Federation in the future.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Aenar ARE Andorians.

As are:

Shran
    Tarah
    Shras

Scott

In the context of this discussion, they played no part in the founding of the Federation, as they were pacifists. It's not even clear if they are members of the Federation in the future.

Jhamel did help end the Romulan threat at great personal risk to herself. In the ending of the Romulan threat the Tellarites, Vulcans, Andorians, and Humans worked together and started the process of creating the Federation. Jhamel was an integral part. She then married Shran and likely acted as a conduit for the other Aenar to bring them more into contact and cooperation with the other Andorians.
    Let’s fly!
  • No Jhamel. :( And another 1/5 I'll never be able to immortalise. *sigh* I'm in for the final Cornwell, then I'm out.
    "There are two types of beings in the universe - those who dance, and those who do not."
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe because the Vulcans and the Andorians were among the FOUNDERS of the Federation? As seen in Enterprise?

Scott

As pointed out, this event contains no Vulcans or Andorians.

Aenar ARE Andorians.

As are:

Shran
    Tarah
    Shras

Scott

Jhamel did help end the Romulan threat at great personal risk to herself. In the ending of the Romulan threat the Tellarites, Vulcans, Andorians, and Humans worked together and started the process of creating the Federation. Jhamel was an integral part. She then married Shran and likely acted as a conduit for the other Aenar to bring them more into contact and cooperation with the other Andorians.

I don't think it's likely that an extremely xenophobic race would change their entire philosophy on life because of one incident involving one person. Jhamel was seen as an outlier and an extremist for what she did.
  • KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    It will be nice to see Mudd threshold.
    Thx!
  • Talas or Jamel would have been better than Lissan. The Vulcan week would have been a great time to add a Vulcan ship too.
  • Yawn. I’ll get my Cornwell and move on.
  • Some low thresholds and out. DB really doesn't make good decisions with events or crew. Does anyone in charge even watch Star Trek because so many of their crew choices are pure poxy bullocks.

Aenar ARE Andorians.

As are:

Shran
    Tarah
    Shras

Scott

"Andorian" = "From the Moon Andoria".......

Scott

Scott

As pointed out, this event contains no Vulcans or Andorians.

Aenar ARE Andorians.

As are:

Shran
    Tarah
    Shras

Scott

I don't think it's likely that an extremely xenophobic race would change their entire philosophy on life because of one incident involving one person. Jhamel was seen as an outlier and an extremist for what she did.

Except for the three I listed, even if you refuse to count the Aenar, who ARE from the Moon Andoria......

Have a nice day.......

Scott

• PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figured the Aenar disappeared as a part of mixed breeding.
    Or just another plot point disregarded as soon as it was over by the writers.....
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭

Aenar ARE Andorians.

As are:

Shran
    Tarah
    Shras

Scott

"Andorian" = "From the Moon Andoria".......

Scott

So by your incredibly unintelligent logic, Porthos is Human and targs are Klingon?? lol!