Home The Bridge

Key information about this week’s event: Founders At War - 02/22

Comments

• Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »
    So why is this event called Founders at War?

Maybe because the Vulcans and the Andorians were among the FOUNDERS of the Federation? As seen in Enterprise?

Scott

As pointed out, this event contains no Vulcans or Andorians.
    RennJaxo wrote: »

My assumption is because it features the Vulcans and the Andorians, two of the Federation's founders.

There are no Vulcans or Andorians in this event.

Aenar ARE Andorians.

As are:

Shran
    Tarah
    Shras

Scott

That is not correct. They are a subspecies native to the same planet.

In the context of this discussion, they played no part in the founding of the Federation, as they were pacifists. It's not even clear if they are members of the Federation in the future.

Jhamel did help end the Romulan threat at great personal risk to herself. In the ending of the Romulan threat the Tellarites, Vulcans, Andorians, and Humans worked together and started the process of creating the Federation. Jhamel was an integral part. She then married Shran and likely acted as a conduit for the other Aenar to bring them more into contact and cooperation with the other Andorians.

I don't think it's likely that an extremely xenophobic race would change their entire philosophy on life because of one incident involving one person. Jhamel was seen as an outlier and an extremist for what she did.

Except for the three I listed, even if you refuse to count the Aenar, who ARE from the Moon Andoria......

Have a nice day.......

Scott

So let's count again. There are zero Vulcans and zero Andorians featured in this event, including the two characters you listed that aren't featured in this event and the other that is neither Vulcan nor Andorian.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

My assumption is because it features the Vulcans and the Andorians, two of the Federation's founders.

Aenar ARE Andorians.

As are:

Shran
    Tarah
    Shras

Scott

In the context of this discussion, they played no part in the founding of the Federation, as they were pacifists. It's not even clear if they are members of the Federation in the future.

"Andorian" = "From the Moon Andoria".......

Scott

So by your incredibly unintelligent logic, Porthos is Human and targs are Klingon?? lol!

Have a nice day.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

Aenar ARE Andorians.

As are:

Shran
    Tarah
    Shras

Scott

Scott

So by your incredibly unintelligent logic, Porthos is Human and targs are Klingon?? lol!

Have a nice day.

Got nothing nice to say? Don't say anything and move along. ˜Shan
  • No Andorian Janeway? :s
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • All new again. Sigh.
  • I thought the whole event premise was a little goofy, in that it's a melding of Discovery with the Andorian/Vulcan story line from Enterprise - not really a natural fit. It got weirder when we somehow got Scotty as the 5* in the first event, despite him not falling under that umbrella at all. At a very basic planning level, I think this was poorly done.

Having said that: Scotty, a mega event medical, a whole mess of Andorians (no Talas or Jhamel is a shame, of course) and the inevitable wave of Discovery crew. On the whole, I'd say the good outweighs the bad. Also on the whole: here's hoping for a re-run event next week with no new crew!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

Aenar ARE Andorians.

As are:

Shran
    Tarah
    Shras

Scott

Scott

Have a nice day.

Got nothing nice to say? Don't say anything and move along. ˜Shan

Funny. You're the one that acts like your name is Richard, then get all pithy when someone will not play your little game.

HAVE A NICE DAY

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

Aenar ARE Andorians.

As are:

Shran
    Tarah
    Shras

Scott

Scott

Well that would mean Porthos is an Earther techincally, lol.

That's the problem with a race and a planet having the same name.

Klingons are not Q'o'nosers, we don't call Picard an Earther, etc. but we call Vulcan's after their planet etc.

(And damnit, it is Q'o'nos. Not Kronos. Kronos is Zues's Dad.)
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    Looks like I will just play for thresholds next week. Not truly interested in any of these; Landry will be another SEC primary character that will more than likely end up in Cryo anyway. Mudd may have SCI and/or ENG, so he can be useful if his stats are up to snuff for being a 4*. Lissen may or may not impress; I would save money by buying the $50 offer that appears to get at least a 1/5 with the bells and whistles rather than spending that much on just Chrons for a shot at top 1k. I would rather my Chrons next week go to leveling crew.

I am still waiting for my Andorian Janeway DB!

If you need to spend that much on crons to get under the top 1k you are seriously doing it wrong.

I can hit that on most galaxy events without dropping a penny

Shh! Don't tell the whales that there is a way to be successful at this game for free! They're the ones keeping the games servers paid for while those who actually learned to play reap the benefits!

I wouldn’t call spending the week accumulating Chronitons a “benefit”.

Yes, if you farm Chronitons the whole week from voyages, Gauntlet, etc. you can compete. It hobbles all progress for the week and you give up the 1,600 or so Chronitons that don’t generate because you are over your max, but you can then have a chance at the top 1,000 without spending money at a cost of stopping progress on your crew.

• Roll Call:

Mudd? Present
    Landry? Here
    Lissan? Present
    Archer?
    Archer?
    Archer?

Jonathan Archer's Shore Leave?
    Like Ferris Bueller's day off?
    ‘So, you ask me the name I’m known by, Cyclops?
    I will tell you. But you must give me a guest-gift
    as you’ve promised. Nobody—that’s my name. Nobody—
    so my mother and father call me, all my friends.’
    -Odyssey by Homer trans Fagles
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    At a very basic planning level, I think this was poorly done.

Having said that: Scotty, a mega event medical, a whole mess of Andorians (no Talas or Jhamel is a shame, of course) and the inevitable wave of Discovery crew. On the whole, I'd say the good outweighs the bad. Also on the whole: here's hoping for a re-run event next week with no new crew!

Basic planning is definitely at fault. I mean the Mirror Universe event was sprung on us pretty quickly too, but we had a bit of time to prepare like 2 weeks I think. This mega event was literally sprung on us over the course of about one week. No forementions, no indications, no prep, no nothing. I still to this day don't get why they thought it was a genius idea to run another mega-event not even one month after the last one finished. At least between the first discovery mega event and the mirror mega event we had a downtime of about 2 months.

Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Aenar ARE Andorians.

As are:

Shran
    Tarah
    Shras

Scott

Scott

Klingons are not Q'o'nosers, we don't call Picard an Earther, etc. but we call Vulcan's after their planet etc.

I came here to say exactly that.

It’s like how there are American species of trees. Except, with an entire planet. (:
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    Looks like I will just play for thresholds next week. Not truly interested in any of these; Landry will be another SEC primary character that will more than likely end up in Cryo anyway. Mudd may have SCI and/or ENG, so he can be useful if his stats are up to snuff for being a 4*. Lissen may or may not impress; I would save money by buying the $50 offer that appears to get at least a 1/5 with the bells and whistles rather than spending that much on just Chrons for a shot at top 1k. I would rather my Chrons next week go to leveling crew.

I am still waiting for my Andorian Janeway DB!

If you need to spend that much on crons to get under the top 1k you are seriously doing it wrong.

I can hit that on most galaxy events without dropping a penny

Shh! Don't tell the whales that there is a way to be successful at this game for free! They're the ones keeping the games servers paid for while those who actually learned to play reap the benefits!

I wouldn’t call spending the week accumulating Chronitons a “benefit”.

Yes, if you farm Chronitons the whole week from voyages, Gauntlet, etc. you can compete. It hobbles all progress for the week and you give up the 1,600 or so Chronitons that don’t generate because you are over your max, but you can then have a chance at the top 1,000 without spending money at a cost of stopping progress on your crew.

You can pre-farm instead. You still accrue chrons and then have the inventory to get under 1k without spending. Yes your progress stalls, but the progress someone else makes by playing and then spending in the event is the same that you would make by buying chrons to level crew faster.

At the end of the day spending lets you advance faster, F2P is a marathon not a sprint. It takes X chrons to place under 1k in the event. Whether you accrue those chrons over Y days or over 4(2) days + dil it's the same calculation as spending dil for chrons in the rest of the game.
  • At best they are sub-species. They can easily interbreed, which by many metrics suggest that they are actually one species. Andorian is probably correct.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said, let's imagine an alternate timeline where they found a group of Neandertals living in underground cities around 2150.

Would they be seen as humans or a separate race?
  • As I said, let's imagine an alternate timeline where they found a group of Neandertals living in underground cities around 2150.

Would they be seen as humans or a separate race?

If we could interbreed we would likely be considered the same species, or sub-species if there were significant variations in genetics. Likely a sub-species in human/Neanderthal genetics. Not necessarily with Andorians/Aenar who can clearly interbreed without any issues.

A race is merely a minor variation of a species, usually based on superficial visual traits such as colour, or slight differences in things like hair and facial features. All human races belong to the same species.
  • I am not overly bothered by this upcoming event, will happily get my final star on Cornwell though, also got my final star on Capt. Sulu thanks to this weeks portal pull, so I am pleased.

I do agree that we need a good few weeks off getting new crew and could actually do some re-runs, really would love to get my final stars on a few characters especially my Borg Queen been sitting there 4/5 since that event
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not overly bothered by this upcoming event, will happily get my final star on Cornwell though, also got my final star on Capt. Sulu thanks to this weeks portal pull, so I am pleased.

I do agree that we need a good few weeks off getting new crew and could actually do some re-runs, really would love to get my final stars on a few characters especially my Borg Queen been sitting there 4/5 since that event

FWIW, I believe every single event following a mega event has been a rerun.
  • Pallidyne wrote: »

Aenar ARE Andorians.

As are:

Shran
    Tarah
    Shras

Scott

Scott

Gonna start specifying that my cat is an Earther. I told him this just now and he was predictably unimpressed. Might have better luck with dogs. Someone try it and report back.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭

Aenar ARE Andorians.

As are:

Shran
    Tarah
    Shras

Scott

Scott

Gonna start specifying that my cat is an Earther. I told him this just now and he was predictably unimpressed. Might have better luck with dogs. Someone try it and report back.

Takes a lot to impress a cat. Try saying it while opening a can of tuna.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Porthos made a good Earther, I thought...

htknaxyr0jud.gif

Grish: I can't lock onto its language.

Muk: It's a lower life form, you fool. Probably the captain's next meal.

Grish: Don't be so sure. Look at the size of its ears.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"

Maybe because the Vulcans and the Andorians were among the FOUNDERS of the Federation? As seen in Enterprise?

Scott

Aenar ARE Andorians.

As are:

Shran
    Tarah
    Shras

Scott

Jhamel did help end the Romulan threat at great personal risk to herself. In the ending of the Romulan threat the Tellarites, Vulcans, Andorians, and Humans worked together and started the process of creating the Federation. Jhamel was an integral part. She then married Shran and likely acted as a conduit for the other Aenar to bring them more into contact and cooperation with the other Andorians.

I don't think it's likely that an extremely xenophobic race would change their entire philosophy on life because of one incident involving one person. Jhamel was seen as an outlier and an extremist for what she did.

Except for the three I listed, even if you refuse to count the Aenar, who ARE from the Moon Andoria......

Have a nice day.......

Scott

So let's count again. There are zero Vulcans and zero Andorians featured in this event, including the two characters you listed that aren't featured in this event and the other that is neither Vulcan nor Andorian.

So anyone else thinking about the moon of Endor, oh sorry Andor? lol

When was Andor declared a moon anyhoo? Was that ENT or TOS?
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭

Aenar ARE Andorians.

As are:

Shran
    Tarah
    Shras

Scott

Scott

Have a nice day.

You are a talented troll, I'll give you that. The gimmick of saying asinine things and then ignoring the responses never gets old.

Funny. You're the one that acts like your name is Richard, then get all pithy when someone will not play your little game.

HAVE A NICE DAY

Scott

Aenar ARE Andorians.

As are:

Shran
    Tarah
    Shras

Scott

Have a nice day.......

Scott

I believe it was in the Enterprise episode on which this entire mega event was based.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would have been weird if DB had had a whole andorian month and not had an Aenar white andorian. Glad DB included one. Silly to not call Aenar andorians. They evolved and live on Andor. They are sentient and can interbreed with blue Andorians.
    Let’s fly!

Aenar ARE Andorians.

As are:

Shran
    Tarah
    Shras

Scott

Scott

Have a nice day.

You are a talented troll, I'll give you that. The gimmick of saying asinine things and then ignoring the responses never gets old.

HAVE A NICE DAY

Scott

Aenar ARE Andorians.

As are:

Shran
    Tarah
    Shras

Scott

Have a nice day.......

Scott

I believe it was in the Enterprise episode on which this entire mega event was based.

Wow then the moon of Endor had its influence there even if subliminally. That just made my evening.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    It would have been weird if DB had had a whole andorian month and not had an Aenar white andorian. Glad DB included one. Silly to not call Aenar andorians. They evolved and live on Andor. They are sentient and can interbreed with blue Andorians.

Are humans and Vulcans the same species because they can interbreed? That means nothing in the Star Trek universe.

As far as we're told, they are a distinctly different species that just happened to evolve on the same planet. Aenar are Aenar, not Andorians.
  • The Star Trek universe gets the whole interbreeding very wrong. It is exceedingly unlikely Humans, Vulcans and Klingons can interbreed. They've been evolving on separate lines for too long. Conceivably genetics has improved to the point where a hybrid is relatively straightforward but a natural birth would be out of the question.

On the other hand, the Andorians and Aenar look almost identical and probably only separated relatively recently so are likely classified as the same species, sub-species at most.