Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Galactic Series - 03/15 - Updated 03/15

Comments

• SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    Siblin wrote: »
    Grant77 wrote: »
    I can not believe some of the over-the-top reaction on here. Seriously what has this cost you, a couple of hundred merits on shuttle missions YOU CAN STILL USE (on the next event maybe?) and should be able to make up in a few rounds on the gauntlet, and not getting as much of an unfair advantage from exploiting a glitch in the game others might not know about.

This issue affects everyone equally, and doesn’t mean you personally are going to rank any lower.

@Shan - please make sure the devs know these things happen, it’s not a big deal, the artwork for this event is vastly improved and recent improvements to the cryo vault etc are top.

Spending half of my lunch break at work trying to figure out what was going on was rather upsetting. This will also cost players hundreds of chronitons if they can't clear the threshold rewards in the faction portion. Finally, the very fact that we were misled (about the factions) and lied to (about number of transmissions) is just not acceptable.

I don’t have time to respond to everyone’s response to me, so I’ll just summarise by saying the impact is minor at best. You know DB will mail some merits or chrons which will compensate so why all the venom?

On this particular one though, so your two complaints are
    A) that when it let you open 12 missions from one faction you then scratched your head for an hour?
    And
    B) you might not get nurse garlands jumper in the event and might have to play the game a little bit more to make it? If playing the game is that much of a hassle perhaps it’s not for you

You are completely missing the actual point of our arguments. DB outright lied to us over a month ago about the mechanics of these types of events. They lied about how many Factions were going to be featured in this event. Literally no one was prepared for the mechanics they threw at us once the event went live as it completely went against what we were told over a month ago when we inquired about the changes to Faction events and Faction portions of Hybrid events. People spent in-game currency as well as real money to prepare based on what has happened in the past and the word that DB gave us then and earlier this week. That preparation went in the garbage when the event went live and we saw the changes.

The scores for the start of the event were ridiculously low and still are. That should show you how badly players were affected by these unexpected changes. I would not be surprised that players who were ready to begin playing just said “screw it” after seeing only one Faction and the max opened shuttles was twelve and not twenty like we were told would remain the same with a single Faction in an event.

DB is losing money on these moves. Forcing players to spend money will net them less money since feeling forced to do something eliminates any interest in performing those tasks and actions as opposed to feeling you have a choice. DB is only shooting itself in the foot and they just allowed a whole barrel to go off at once in it.

No I get your point, it’s just not a very good one. You’re saying dB did it deliberately to mess with you and lose money? Doesn’t seem likely to me!

It’s a minor error with minor impact, and it affects everyone so has no material effect on the leaderboards. Yet everyone is losing their minds like DB shot your cat!
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    At some point constant carelessness crosses the line from annoying to malevolent.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    At some point constant carelessness crosses the line from annoying to malevolent.
    Sorry about the double post.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can not believe some of the over-the-top reaction on here. Seriously what has this cost you, a couple of hundred merits on shuttle missions YOU CAN STILL USE (on the next event maybe?) and should be able to make up in a few rounds on the gauntlet, and not getting as much of an unfair advantage from exploiting a glitch in the game others might not know about.

This issue affects everyone equally, and doesn’t mean you personally are going to rank any lower.

@Shan - please make sure the devs know these things happen, it’s not a big deal, the artwork for this event is vastly improved and recent improvements to the cryo vault etc are top.

Spending half of my lunch break at work trying to figure out what was going on was rather upsetting. This will also cost players hundreds of chronitons if they can't clear the threshold rewards in the faction portion. Finally, the very fact that we were misled (about the factions) and lied to (about number of transmissions) is just not acceptable.

I don’t have time to respond to everyone’s response to me, so I’ll just summarise by saying the impact is minor at best. You know DB will mail some merits or chrons which will compensate so why all the venom?

A) that when it let you open 12 missions from one faction you then scratched your head for an hour?
    And
    B) you might not get nurse garlands jumper in the event and might have to play the game a little bit more to make it? If playing the game is that much of a hassle perhaps it’s not for you

You are completely missing the actual point of our arguments. DB outright lied to us over a month ago about the mechanics of these types of events. They lied about how many Factions were going to be featured in this event. Literally no one was prepared for the mechanics they threw at us once the event went live as it completely went against what we were told over a month ago when we inquired about the changes to Faction events and Faction portions of Hybrid events. People spent in-game currency as well as real money to prepare based on what has happened in the past and the word that DB gave us then and earlier this week. That preparation went in the garbage when the event went live and we saw the changes.

The scores for the start of the event were ridiculously low and still are. That should show you how badly players were affected by these unexpected changes. I would not be surprised that players who were ready to begin playing just said “screw it” after seeing only one Faction and the max opened shuttles was twelve and not twenty like we were told would remain the same with a single Faction in an event.

DB is losing money on these moves. Forcing players to spend money will net them less money since feeling forced to do something eliminates any interest in performing those tasks and actions as opposed to feeling you have a choice. DB is only shooting itself in the foot and they just allowed a whole barrel to go off at once in it.

No I get your point, it’s just not a very good one. You’re saying dB did it deliberately to mess with you and lose money? Doesn’t seem likely to me!

It’s a minor error with minor impact, and it affects everyone so has no material effect on the leaderboards. Yet everyone is losing their minds like DB shot your cat!

For the record, my point isn't that DB did this deliberately. But maybe you were only responding to that one person, dunno.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

And

Hmmmm ok here a example you may understand

You go spend money on a new car, you buy car, you drive car home, you go to bed,

You wake up the next morning and get ready to get in your car,

You notice that two of your tires are gone, and there is a note on your car from dealer

It reads sorry there was a "miscommunication" when buying your car it only came with two tires not four
    But dont worry everyone that bought a car yesterday lost two tires this morning so its totally fair, sorry for confusion

Now imagine how that would go over

Or

You go to hospital for a kidney transplant, doctor tells you a week in advance that you go into surgery the following week, pay doctor for upcoming surgery

You make all the arrangements, get there, they put you out, you wake up two hours later

Doc then tells you that they didnt put the kidney in, but you will need to repay and come back the following week

How about that one
    The issue is that we were LIED TO, AND THEN ON TOP OF IT treated like we are idoits, or to stuiped to realize what was going on

So i will be writing nasty reviews and contacting google play to see how far back i can get my money refunded

If you ask why its because i dont like being lied to, then spit on, and disrespected the way DB has done time and time again

Its about honor, DB has proven once again and for the final time that they have none
  • StormagedonStormagedon ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Shan wrote: »
    Please see our announcement regarding this here.

Shan, are you trying to tell us that with the endless number of communication frell-ups in the past, improving internal communications is just now being addressed?

Funny, I seem to recall previous assurances that the internal com problem was being delt with. Are we to assume that those were empty promises?

Frankly Shan, I know very well what it's like to constantly have to apologize for bosses' *cylindrical inclined plane* ups. My life became much healthier when I moved on from those jobs.
  • Davey1983 wrote: »
    [quote="[GoT]Call it a miscommunication, call it the dog eating your homework, but from the outside it is (unintentionally but still) a lie. The underlying cause is semantics and makes no difference to the player base.

Not directed directly at you, but at a lot of people here. LOOK UP THE DEFINITION OF LIE. This is a pet peeve of mine, as saying something is a lie assumes deceipt and unethical behavior on the person who said it.
    Somebody can not unitentionally lie. Getting told something that is incorrect does not make that statement a lie.

Also, think about the situation a little. DB does not benefit by lying about the factions beforehand. Seriously, why would they? Call them out on there communication- that's fair. Claiming they lied just shows ignorance and malice.[/quote]

pn0bo0hw97rc.jpg

I honestly didn't know that it had to be intentionally or with malice. Judging from that reading I would say that most of the time it would be but not always. Anytime someone makes me go to the dictionary it is a good thing and I appreciate it. Yes, my name is wrong on purpose lol. If I tell you a lie knowing it isn't true and you repeat it because you believed me in my mind that still makes what you said a lie. Maybe I'm reading that wrong but that is what I see.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Ricard Daystrom Ricard Daystrom ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Unnecessary image removed.
    Proud Member of Everlong and avid Star Trek Fan

• MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    Unnecessary image removed.

Omg i just about pissed my self lol
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminder to everyone that we have Community Guidelines for our forums.
    As I said in another thread, your frustration is understandable.
    Venting is also understandable, in a moderate manner.
    I would like to not have to close this thread. Thank you.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    If in preparation for the event you have purchased transmissions for the 2 factions that were erroneously announced you can of course submit a ticket to have those reversed. To ensure a quick turn around make sure to be very concise and precise in your ticket.

Thank you @Shan. I think it's fair to say you've been put in an uncomfortable situation through no fault of your own, and it's appreciated that you would proactively share this with us :)
  • I didn't know memes were unnecessary.

Lol

• Unnecessary image removed.

Unnecessary? That was hilarious! Why the censoring? It didn’t contain any harsh language and wasn’t overly mean or anything.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    Reminder to everyone that we have Community Guidelines for our forums.
    As I said in another thread, your frustration is understandable.
    Venting is also understandable, in a moderate manner.
    I would like to not have to close this thread. Thank you.

For real, what was his volation on that, heck it actually cooled my temper off, i was laughing, at least till you edited it

Your starting to get really heavy handed with the rubber stamp of community Guidelines a bit today, just because you dont like the criticism for your mistakes,

we can not help it if you guys make your selfs look bad thats on you
  • This is making me want to take my efforts into Timelines elsewhere. My patience is being tried

• Black PebbleBlack Pebble ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is making me want to take my efforts into Timelines elsewhere. My patience is being tried

I sympathize with your frustration.
    Hosun Lee
    Civilian, Brand and Marketing
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    This is making me want to take my efforts into Timelines elsewhere. My patience is being tried

Because of us or the "miscommunication" lol
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I tell you a lie knowing it isn't true and you repeat it because you believed me in my mind that still makes what you said a lie. Maybe I'm reading that wrong but that is what I see.

The word lie carries connotations with it. If I have no reason to doubt what you said and repeat your lie, my conscience is clean. I relayed false information. You lied.

Let's use a relevant example. If in your fleet chat yesterday, someone told that Klingons and Romulans would be in this event, would you accuse that person of lying to you? Probably not. They relayed information that they took in good faith to be true.
  • MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    If I tell you a lie knowing it isn't true and you repeat it because you believed me in my mind that still makes what you said a lie. Maybe I'm reading that wrong but that is what I see.

The word lie carries connotations with it. If I have no reason to doubt what you said and repeat your lie, my conscience is clean. I relayed false information. You lied.

Let's use a relevant example. If in your fleet chat yesterday, someone told that Klingons and Romulans would be in this event, would you accuse that person of lying to you? Probably not. They relayed information that they took in good faith to be true.

“Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action”
  • Ricard Daystrom Ricard Daystrom ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

This is the most polite way I can say this, no you do not.

If you "sympathized" with my frustration, I would not be jailed and all those threads wouldn't have been closed

• This is making me want to take my efforts into Timelines elsewhere. My patience is being tried

If you "sympathized" with my frustration, I would not be jailed and all those threads wouldn't have been closed

Wait, why are you “jailed” anyway?
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

He posted a funny meme, it was even tasteful

okzhi8dn5bao.png
  • Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Mbannar wrote: »

He posted a funny meme,

No, I mean, what does that mean? The jail bars. Did he do that or is that from a status I’ve never seen before?
  • MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

He posted a funny meme,

No, I mean, what does that mean? The jail bars. Did he do that or is that from a status I’ve never seen before?

Means hes blocked from making threads for awhile
    Its DB efforts to be funny
  • MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭

He posted a funny meme,

Its DB efforts to be funny

How come you guys can make jokes but we cant?
  • Mbannar wrote: »

He posted a funny meme,

Oh, ok. I get it now. Wait, because of the pic? The pic was just a bit of teasing type fun. Why’d they jail him for that? Weird.

P.S. - You don’t have to answer those questions. I think I know the answers but I think the questions warrant being stated as well. I think, mind you, I think; I’m never sure about these kinds of things, which is why I end up asking lots of questions and then people end up looking at me like I’ve lost my mind or just done something socially unacceptable.
  • I am tired of DB limiting my voice and the voice of most of the player base by closing threads and jailing people.

I was civil, but I am to the point where I don't care.