Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Galactic Series - 03/15 - Updated 03/15

18910111214»

Comments

• PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's actually not that bad if you've farmed the med kits or med experiments on the different cadet days.... I had her FE before the faction side was over.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me, or if Faith Garland nigh impossible to level up other than through replicator rations? I can't be the only one with that few med kits in stock, especially since I'm always trying to keep my med crews leveled for Voyages. I've been doing some Augment missions during the second phase of the event to try and collect some (yeah right) and if they appear in the faction store you can only buy one. Today's cadet challenge affords me the opportunity to get some. However when there are 2-3 items each level10 for her that require one or more med kits, it is extremely difficult.

I think I farm those medkits on Tuesday or Thursday Elite mission 2 of the cadet challenges. It's definitely one of those days.

The United Federation, so Tuesday & also Sunday for the blue Cadets. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found her a relative breeze to level. I needed a couple 2* science experiments that I replicated, but otherwise there was nothing hard.
  • CloneClone ✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    If in preparation for the event you have purchased transmissions for the 2 factions that were erroneously announced you can of course submit a ticket to have those reversed. To ensure a quick turn around make sure to be very concise and precise in your ticket.

There was no quick turnaround. I gave the ticket a descriptive name and wrote a short description about how I had spent all my available merits on 3 factions' transmissions right before the event, only to find out that I was out of merits and had too few Ferengi transmissions to play the event as I normally would.

Customer Support was not able to refund my merits until well after phase 2 started.

You guys have completely dropped the ball on this event and many of us were punished for it. There has been no hint of any compensation for this and customer service was not able to resolve the problem.
  • I never buy faction transmissions prior to an event. If for some reason I have some when the event is announced, I stop using them until the event starts. With the event next weekend being Fed and Terran Empire, I have lots of Fed I have had problems getting through, and no Terran Empire.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gib wrote: »
    I never buy faction transmissions prior to an event. If for some reason I have some when the event is announced, I stop using them until the event starts. With the event next weekend being Fed and Terran Empire, I have lots of Fed I have had problems getting through, and no Terran Empire.

I buy to above 30 to last me through the first day or two.
  • I buy them as needed during the event. I start just after the event starts, with which ever faction is ahead and will switch if someone else gets ahead. Since I have over 30 Fed Transmissions I might just use the Fed Transmissions. Who Knows.
    Gib wrote: »
    I buy them as needed during the event. I start just after the event starts, with which ever faction is ahead and will switch if someone else gets ahead. Since I have over 30 Fed Transmissions I might just use the Fed Transmissions. Who Knows.

Same, I used to try to keep all of the event factions at an even number of transmissions during the event. Was kinda funny when I had 3 shuttles and there were 3 factions.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep thinking that once upon a time, we were restricted to only one purchase of transmissions per faction daily, but I can't easily confirm that. I swear I remember it being a big deal when we were finally allowed unlimited transmission purchases for event factions during an event. Then it became standard that we could get however many we wanted of any faction we wanted whenever we wanted and there was no longer any purpose to stockpiling, which makes me wonder why anyone bothers stockpiling at all anymore.
    I keep thinking that once upon a time, we were restricted to only one purchase of transmissions per faction daily, but I can't easily confirm that. I swear I remember it being a big deal when we were finally allowed unlimited transmission purchases for event factions during an event. Then it became standard that we could get however many we wanted of any faction we wanted whenever we wanted and there was no longer any purpose to stockpiling, which makes me wonder why anyone bothers stockpiling at all anymore.

I remember that, actually.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct. It used to be one purchase per day for merits and one per day for dil. During an event you could purchase more, but the rest of the time you could only purchase one. I think this was a fairly recent change too.
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Correct. It used to be one purchase per day for merits and one per day for dil. During an event you could purchase more, but the rest of the time you could only purchase one. I think this was a fairly recent change too.

Was the DIL purchase available all the time or only during events as well?
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Dil purchase was available all the time, but I believe it was still only once per day...
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

I seem to recall that Dilithium purchase of transmissions was only made available after you had bought with Merits in that particular faction — in other words, there wasn't a separate icon for buying with Dil like there is now. But I could be misremembering.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
    Data1001 wrote: »

I seem to recall that Dilithium purchase of transmissions was only made available after you had bought with Merits in that particular faction — in other words, there wasn't a separate icon for buying with Dil like there is now. But I could be misremembering.

Times like these make me wish I could remember which cryostasis pod my iPad mini is in. It has all of my screenshots from “the early days”. :smile:
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you reached honored status you could buy them all the time.
    Once you reached honored status you could buy them all the time.

Initially that was not the case as I recall being Honored with the Feds in my second month and still could only buy 1 set of transmissions if they were not the faction in an event.