Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Galactic Series - 03/15 - Updated 03/15

Comments

• NeemsNeems ✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »
    Neems wrote: »

A great number of players, perhaps a majority, don't want Kahless in the honour hall. It reduces diversity and leads to more walls of the same character. On any 50/50 issue like this, half of the players are going to support what they do.

Removing Kahless will not undo the fact that you can end up facing walls of him. Adding other characters that are arguably better (but not necessarily objectively better, because then you just get a wall of that) will fix that. Or adding some kind of additional mechanic in the gauntlet to reward not just picking the highest numbers.

Removing Kahless would only make it so that everyone who managed to get him before the cut-off will have an invincible wall that newer players who missed their chance wouldn't ever get.

Walls of Kahless are actually rather rare right now. The single biggest problem in gauntlet is walls of Mirror Picard and it's because they made him available to everyone. Now they are doubling down on that blunder by leaving Kahless in. We already know it's a mistake because we have the proof.

By your own logic, we know leaving Kahless isn't a mistake because he's been there forever and you're not facing walls of him.

Your Mirror Picard situation is also applicable to Mirror Phlox, who everyone seems to have. The solution isn't limiting these cards (because the best people will still have them, thus creating the wall), it's creating mechanics where you can't just point at a card and know for a fact that it's the 1st or 5th or 12th best card in the Gauntlet.
  • I spent a lot of merits buying missions for all three of the Faction based upon your initial statement Shan. I understand mistakes happen. But now I'm out of hundreds of merits.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent a lot of merits buying missions for all three of the Faction based upon your initial statement Shan. I understand mistakes happen. But now I'm out of hundreds of merits.

You can contact Support to have those purchases reversed.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB has been listening because many of our most frequent requests/complaints have been addressed. The artwork, more medical crew, crew people have requested. We will never see a kahless gauntlet wall when he costs 100k and when mirror picard is nearly as good. Picard's stats are only slightly worse and he almost always has 25% crit bonus and Kahless rarely has a bonus. I do agree with Grant that DB needs to do something about crew space problems. We need more free crew slots, lower prices for crew slots, ability to vault crew that are fully lvled and equipped even if they are missing a star, or allow longer than 7 days before excess crew get deleted. Lack of crew space is affecting us all greatly now while we are trying to finish cryo collections.
    Let’s fly!
  • I spent a lot of merits buying missions for all three of the Faction based upon your initial statement Shan. I understand mistakes happen. But now I'm out of hundreds of merits.

It's not like transmissions expire. Also, these aren't things that you need to buy in advance.

I've said the same thing

Open the event, see what you need and then buy shuttles!

If you need transmissions for equipment in the week, then buy then and run shuttles, yes having factions you need is a bonus but why hold off all week?
  • MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I spent a lot of merits buying missions for all three of the Faction based upon your initial statement Shan. I understand mistakes happen. But now I'm out of hundreds of merits.

It's not like transmissions expire. Also, these aren't things that you need to buy in advance.

I've said the same thing

Open the event, see what you need and then buy shuttles!

If you need transmissions for equipment in the week, then buy then and run shuttles, yes having factions you need is a bonus but why hold off all week?

If you have the faction maxed out it increase difficult, even if you have 40-50 golds it can be difficult to get alot of passes 1/4 or 2/4 are very common

The faction events allow you to work around it some what thats why people plan for what the need the most from faction choices, plus the winning faction then does a boost for till next event on faction only events

Thats why
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

I sent in a ticket requesting compensation for exactly that and one other problem that I had. I received a cookie cutter response/apology, which completely ignored what I had said and provided no compensation.

Suggestions?
  • Grant77 wrote: »

I sent in a ticket requesting compensation for exactly that and one other problem that I had. I received a cookie cutter response/apology, which completely ignored what I had said and provided no compensation.

Suggestions?

Ask for it to be elevated and quote Shan saying the purchases could be reversed
    Sisko: What are you gonna learn in the next few months that you haven't already learned in the last 300 years?
    Ezri Dax: Oh, how to keep from breaking into tears for no reason...
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭

Suggestions?

I already did the latter in my original ticket and was denied, but I will ask for it to be elevated. Thanks.
  • Grant77 wrote: »

Suggestions?

I already did the latter in my original ticket and was denied, but I will ask for it to be elevated. Thanks.

For the life of me, I can't understand why DB handles compensation the way they do. Instead of making a 1000 players submit a ticket for compensation, why not just send out an in-game message globally, with 500 or 1000 merits and an apology for the mess up? It really just seems absurd to me.

The people who didn't buy a ton of transmissions (like me) would also get the compensation. That would upset some who did buy a ton.
    Sisko: What are you gonna learn in the next few months that you haven't already learned in the last 300 years?
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Another option is to do what I do. Always have 30 transmissions or more on hand for every faction. That way you won't be caught with your pants down when you need them. Planning ahead for multiple eventualities and possibilities is part of game strategy.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Another option is to do what I do. Always have 30 transmissions or more on hand for every faction. That way you won't be caught with your pants down when you need them. Planning ahead for multiple eventualities and possibilities is part of game strategy.

Nobody was caught. You can buy an unlimited number of transmissions, so what you do is completely unnecessary.
  • Cmdr Worf's HeadCmdr Worf's Head ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    We're talking about merits here, not Mirror Picards.

and then those who feel they'd been cheated extra because they overbought transmissions would still complain, via tickets most likely.

Edit: whoops, I jumbled up reading some of your post. Only the people who overbought are being asked to contact support, not people who just want compensation for the false info. So your suggestion would equal the same amount of tickets.

PS hehe, Shan is calling people out :D
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭

and then those who feel they'd been cheated extra because they overbought transmissions would still complain, via tickets most likely.

It helps when there is someone to cut through the marinated tofu. (:

Also, I don’t think they announced erroneous information in-game?

If not, that would mean that only forum users and those we told about the forum posts would be affected.
  • KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    All good, but where is Section 31? Please give us more often.
    Live long and prosper!
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    KTz wrote: »
    All good, but where is Section 31? Please give us more often.
    Live long and prosper!

Not sure they'd be interested in a baseball league. Unless they want to fix the matches for some reason.

Like when The Smoking Man slowed down that Russian goalie's arm in 1980.
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, I don’t think they announced erroneous information in-game?

If not, that would mean that only forum users and those we told about the forum posts would be affected.

My fleet admiral almost always relays upcoming event info in-game via the fleet MOTD for members of our fleet who DON"T check the forums. I doubt our fleet is unique in that regard. I'm also 99% certain that a LOT of forum members relay pertinent event info to to their fleets as well. To be clear, I think compared to many of the screw ups over recent months, this WAS a relatively minor blunder. But I don't think it's right to be dismissive of people's legitimate grievances who WERE affected negatively by it just because it didn't affect me.
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody was caught. You can buy an unlimited number of transmissions, so what you do is completely unnecessary.

Caught with having no merits to buy necessary transmissions. The only people who would have had issues were those who bought heaps of transmissions and ran out of merits.

By keeping a decent stock of transmissions you avoid that. You also don't freak out when a minor error is made by DB and the event changes a little.
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost all of the active fleets have atleast one member that relays info from the forums. Or it's relayed to the in game universal chat. I'm sure a small portion of members are part of this forum but the info is spread around rapidly because of it.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost all of the active fleets have atleast one member that relays info from the forums. Or it's relayed to the in game universal chat. I'm sure a small portion of members are part of this forum but the info is spread around rapidly because of it.

The role that we play in signal boosting forum-posted info has always been kind of an odd one. The use of official social media accounts has lagged enough that it's arguably a penalty for players who might rely on those accounts for information. For instance, take this very event:

Forum announcement: 9 March, 12:06 PM EST
    Facebook announcement: 13 March, 8:31 PM EST
    Twitter announcement: 13 March, 8:31 PM EST

That's a significant head start for those who consult the forum, or have forum information conveyed to them by those who do. I've never understood why, when an official forum post goes live, a link to that thread isn't sent out through Facebook and Twitter within a few minutes. Four days is...staggering, frankly.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a significant head start for those who consult the forum, or have forum information conveyed to them by those who do. I've never understood why, when an official forum post goes live, a link to that thread isn't sent out through Facebook and Twitter within a few minutes. Four days is...staggering, frankly.

And yet, the official Facebook and Twitter accounts are almost always the first place to see the artwork for new crew characters. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

And yet, the official Facebook and Twitter accounts are almost always the first place to see the artwork for new crew characters. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe they don't want to post without a picture? Seems silly to me, but whatever.
  • edited March 2018
    For the record, characters I would have liked to have seen instead of Nurse Faith Garland:
    Logicians Solok
    Niner's Jadzia Dax
    Buck Bokai
    Niners Nog
    Literally any Athlete.
    http://tenforwardloungers.freecluster.eu
  • Is it just me, or if Faith Garland nigh impossible to level up other than through replicator rations? I can't be the only one with that few med kits in stock, especially since I'm always trying to keep my med crews leveled for Voyages. I've been doing some Augment missions during the second phase of the event to try and collect some (yeah right) and if they appear in the faction store you can only buy one. Today's cadet challenge affords me the opportunity to get some. However when there are 2-3 items each level10 for her that require one or more med kits, it is extremely difficult.
  • I used a lot of replications to get her immortalized
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me, or if Faith Garland nigh impossible to level up other than through replicator rations? I can't be the only one with that few med kits in stock, especially since I'm always trying to keep my med crews leveled for Voyages. I've been doing some Augment missions during the second phase of the event to try and collect some (yeah right) and if they appear in the faction store you can only buy one. Today's cadet challenge affords me the opportunity to get some. However when there are 2-3 items each level10 for her that require one or more med kits, it is extremely difficult.

I think I farm those medkits on Tuesday or Thursday Elite mission 2 of the cadet challenges. It's definitely one of those days.