Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Galactic Series - 03/15 - Updated 03/15

Comments

• Shan wrote: »
    I am preparing a more global message for these, but yes there was also some miscommunication surrounding the number of missions that would be available for single faction events.

I am reviewing this with the team as we obviously need to tighten our processes up to avoid this kind of issues.

Hopefully there'll be some changes.

Whilst I have little time for the latest "but RNG did me wrong!" thread, you can barely go a week without a genuine issue.

The game is, mostly, enjoyable. The constant stream of easily avoidable screw ups? Not so much. Once it was funny, rolling eyes at the latest episode of "How We Shot Our Feet Off", the games over 2 years old now, it's stopped being cute finding the latest nappy accident.
  • BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh DB, what better way to mark the occasion of the 40th event since the introduction of achievements than a free premium 10 pack and a botched event start? Just the mixed bag we've come to expect from this company.

DB never gives without taking, huh?
  • I'm also enjoying the new use of "miscommunication" as a synonym for messing up. Orwell would approve.

Next time I do something stupid whilst drunk, I'm just going to file it as a "miscommunication" whilst "tired and emotional" and to be sure to tighten up the process of leaving a bar and getting home.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I wasted tons of merits over 3 accounts, to stock up missions for all 3 announced factions...oh well. You learn something every day. Never stock up missions before event start, cause.....for REASONS.... :s
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    fbhkwsbuxg1d.png

Credit to @The Great Gornholio for this. Too good not to share!
  • Pallidyne wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    So there was some miscommunications on our end, and this event will only have 1 faction.
    My apologies.

So, you also stated that the number of shuttles per faction change was only for multi-faction events. Has this changed as well?

Also, should we want a refund of merits on overbuying transmissions that are not needed in this event, is that submit a ticket time?

Yar, I spent my merits down to 0 stocking up on Klingon and Romulan transmissions. I'm sure they'll be used in some event down the road, but would have preferred to use them in the gauntlet or elsewhere if I'd known. A simple mail-out of a bunch of merits to everyone would help.

...but also DB coughing up some of the cash we already pay for Quality Assurance would be swell.
  • I saw that Ferengi Traditionalist transmissions were the only ones in the rewards table yesterday. Just assumed from that that Phase 1 would only be them and that in Phase 2, we'd get the Romulans and Klingons as competitors to equip. Didn't occur to me to be angry or feel betrayed by it, or even make note of it when I saw it.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. When the rewards table came up I looked there and so didn't spend anything on Romulan or Klingon missions. I'm always pretty easygoing on galaxy or galaxy hybrid events anyway, so this isn't something that particularly upsets me, though I'll confess a certain low-level irritation that the event notes still aren't accurately reflecting the specifics of the ultimate event.

In any case, the fix seems easy enough: a merit package to compensate for those spent on transmissions by people who were preparing for the event based on the official information provided.

• MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    b4gwzvryocui.jpg
    t826x0u8lvu7.jpg

Just saying!!!
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw that Ferengi Traditionalist transmissions were the only ones in the rewards table yesterday. Just assumed from that that Phase 1 would only be them and that in Phase 2, we'd get the Romulans and Klingons as competitors to equip. Didn't occur to me to be angry or feel betrayed by it, or even make note of it when I saw it.

But by all means, apologize for the poor coordination by sending me an in-game email with 100 Medical Experiments!

I saw that as well, but wasn’t there a previous event in which they didn’t change the rewards to the relevant faction until a few hours before the event started or something?

I just figured that that had happened again, and I thought it would either be fixed before it became an issue, or they’d send the other missions in the mail to make up for it.

I was planning for a completely different screw up. xD
  • In any case, the fix seems easy enough: a merit package to compensate for those spent on transmissions by people who were preparing for the event based on the official information provided.

And yet, the "fix" isn't THAT easy. Some players plan ahead and hold off farming equipment they'll get from upcoming event factions. When those factions don't show up, they have unfinished crew sitting that could have been completed. It's a case of planning based on inaccurate information. You cannot fault the player for those decisions. For instance, anyone waiting to FE Klingon Quark just got hosed and has one less FE crew to work with.
  • I call BS on changing the event from three Factions to just one at the last minute
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    In any case, the fix seems easy enough: a merit package to compensate for those spent on transmissions by people who were preparing for the event based on the official information provided.

And yet, the "fix" isn't THAT easy. Some players plan ahead and hold off farming equipment they'll get from upcoming event factions. When those factions don't show up, they have unfinished crew sitting that could have been completed. It's a case of planning based on inaccurate information. You cannot fault the player for those decisions. For instance, anyone waiting to FE Klingon Quark just got hosed and has one less FE crew to work with.

If I don't complete the threshold rewards in the faction portion, then I will be sending in a ticket for any chronitons that I spend to complete them.

I started the event late waiting for a fix and I am getting fewer points because either a) They lied about how many factions there would be or b) They lied about how many missions would be available for single faction.

Either way, I'm going to want my chronitons and I'll be very upset if I don't get them.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please see our announcement regarding this here.
  • Oh ok cool, all better now :)
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

To quote your own announcement you mention "better play experience". How much better play do you see forum users getting from this on this event so far?

• Webberoni wrote: »

What is DB's plan for compensating players who planned and/or spent (real and/or in-game currencies) over the past week, while planning for this event, based on the miscommunication from DB?

Also, are we correct is inferring that the number of shuttle missions, regardless of event type or number of factions, will essentially be inconsistent going forward?

Doesn't matter. Even if we are told one thing today something totally different could happen next week and we will be fed the same "oops" posts

Good thing they've been looking at fixing these communication issues for over a year now.