Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Galactic Series - 03/15 - Updated 03/15

Comments

• AviTrek wrote: »
    This is making me want to take my efforts into Timelines elsewhere. My patience is being tried

I sympathize with your frustration.

Black Pebble, thanks for your sympathy, but what is being done to fix the situation?

This is not the first time that Shan has delivered factually incorrect information. Either someone is telling Shan false information which is then reported, Shan reports information without fully verifying it, or information is changed that contradicts previous statements with no notification. Either way, these continuing issues are unacceptable and "sorry, our bad" is no longer an appropriate response.

How are you fixing your communication issues?
    How are you fixing your QA issues?
    How are you fixing your deployment issues?

Offering sympathy and saying you're working on it is no longer acceptable.

I’ll take sympathy, a Coke, and a Martian Quark, lol.

Seriously though, I’m sure these guys and gals are doing the best they can with whatever resources they have available but it is very frustrating having this, or something like it, happen every single week. Most of the time, I’m just complaining on the forum to get rid of some of that frustration, but sometimes, sometimes, I really mean it. I know, I’m a horrible person.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • We need to start a petition or something! DB needs to know we are mad and want them to do something for a change!
    Proud Member of Everlong and avid Star Trek Fan

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need to start a petition or something!

Get right on that.
  • We need to start a petition or something! DB needs to know we are mad and want them to do something for a change!

Well, isn’t that sorta what the forums are suppose to be for? For us to whine and complain and yell and be sad about things as well as to jump for joy and shout about all the cool things about this game and Star Trek in general?
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, sometimes an action has the exact opposite effect it was intended to have. I understand the players' frustration, being one of them, although I didn't put nearly as much prep effort into this event as I'm sure some did. I also understand how the DB staff, human beings facing the firestorm of multiple angry threads, could have become frustrated as well. But it looks to me, IMHO, that the attempts to calm tempers (by closing threads and "jailing" someone for an image I can't comment on because I never saw it), has instead made a number of people even more angry, without many good ways to deal with that anger, except perhaps by "I'm outta here." If they "go too far" on this thread, it may be closed also (but will another be started in it's place, with people even more upset?) I don't know how/if this can be salvaged. Just my two cents.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, sometimes an action has the exact opposite effect it was intended to have. I understand the players' frustration, being one of them, although I didn't put nearly as much prep effort into this event as I'm sure some did. I also understand how the DB staff, human beings facing the firestorm of multiple angry threads, could have become frustrated as well. But it looks to me, IMHO, that the attempts to calm tempers (by closing threads and "jailing" someone for an image I can't comment on because I never saw it), has instead made a number of people even more angry, without many good ways to deal with that anger, except perhaps by "I'm outta here." If they "go too far" on this thread, it may be closed also (but will another be started in it's place, with people even more upset?) I don't know how/if this can be salvaged. Just my two cents.

The jailing has nothing to do with the image he posted. He opened at least one or two threads earlier that were closed, I imagine the issue has to do with that.

The primary purpose is to prevent a user from spamming the community with multiple new threads.

So that you can’t bury legitimate threads with spam.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree it is frustrating but I feel some are overreacting. Remember that we are all in the same boat so no one got an advantage over others. DB should give compensation in free shuttle missions or merits or both.
    Let’s fly!

The jailing has nothing to do with the image he posted. He opened at least one or two threads earlier that were closed, I imagine the issue has to do with that.

The primary purpose is to prevent a user from spamming the community with multiple new threads.

Thanks for the clarification.
    My overall concerns about the response ending up being worse than the "miscommunication" remains.

Just a reminder, if you haven't reviewed the game on the store you downloaded it from, you still can.

If you have reviewed it, you can update that review.

My overall concerns about the response ending up being worse than the "miscommunication" remains.

I think part of the deal with closing threads is so that they can keep a closer eye on the open ones.

That said, it’s a stated goal of DB to have these forums be a friendly, helpful place for players.

The reaction seems extreme right now, but compensation will go out, there will be an increased backlog of tickets, and eventually things will fade a bit as people feel their issue has been resolved, until we eventually have a catchy name for this incident (see: Picardgate).

I think everything will be okay eventually. Time heals, and all that.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

I think part of the deal with closing threads is so that they can keep a closer eye on the open ones.

That said, it’s a stated goal of DB to have these forums be a friendly, helpful place for players.

The reaction seems extreme right now, but compensation will go out, there will be an increased backlog of tickets, and eventually things will fade a bit as people feel their issue has been resolved, until we eventually have a catchy name for this incident (see: Picardgate).

Usually when DB gives compensation, it occurs quickly. I do not believe that compensation is forthcoming. They have made similar mistakes in previous events without compensating players. One example that springs instantly to mind is the Christmas event, for which I and likely several others are quite bitter.
  • MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭

Shan allready said they wont be compensation inless you put a ticket in for merits on rom and kling faction tokens only

How many players do they lose ever time this happens
    If it keeps up wont be anyone left
  • Unfortunately, sometimes an action has the exact opposite effect it was intended to have. I understand the players' frustration, being one of them, although I didn't put nearly as much prep effort into this event as I'm sure some did. I also understand how the DB staff, human beings facing the firestorm of multiple angry threads, could have become frustrated as well. But it looks to me, IMHO, that the attempts to calm tempers (by closing threads and "jailing" someone for an image I can't comment on because I never saw it), has instead made a number of people even more angry, without many good ways to deal with that anger, except perhaps by "I'm outta here." If they "go too far" on this thread, it may be closed also (but will another be started in it's place, with people even more upset?) I don't know how/if this can be salvaged. Just my two cents.

The image was what got me jailed. I only opened one thread that hasn't been terminated.

Navarch wrote: »

Usually when DB gives compensation, it occurs quickly. I do not believe that compensation is forthcoming. They have made similar mistakes in previous events without compensating players. One example that springs instantly to mind is the Christmas event, for which I and likely several others are quite bitter.

It seems like these things can become cumulative, with one experience building on another. It seems like the reactions to the problems keep getting stronger. Where is the tipping point/last straw? I don't know. I've been in the middle of a situation where complaints (even totally unfounded rumors) took on a life of their own, and things blew up big time. I'm concerned that is where this is headed. If not at this time, then some time down the line.
  • MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

It seems like these things can become cumulative, with one experience building on another. It seems like the reactions to the problems keep getting stronger. Where is the tipping point/last straw? I don't know. I've been in the middle of a situation where complaints (even totally unfounded rumors) took on a life of their own, and things blew up big time. I'm concerned that is where this is headed. If not at this time, then some time down the line.

This time for me, havnt logged in all night, debating on airlocking all my cards, and uninstalling

Just sooooo burned out on all issues, bugs, and lies

Make DB happy that im not around to complain when they mess up time after time

Only the good little spending bees left that will be happy to take the slop that DB calls steak
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s definitely cumulative. DB’s reputation amongst a decent chunk of the playerbase is in the toilet. I understand that bugs happen. DB seems to repeat its mistakes a lot and then try very hard to say anything, assuming that it’ll blow over. I don’t know if this is one of those times or if it’s the next one. But it’s coming, probably soon.

DB could help with these issues by being overly generous and over communicate . For example, when they screw ups happen, send an in-game mail to players. Another idea woukd be to hand out 5* citations when it’s a major event issue.
  • Mbannar wrote: »

This time for me, havnt logged in all night, debating on airlocking all my cards, and uninstalling

I agree. I like this game, I like the fanbase, but DB is not being as good as they can be and they are acting like they do not care. I have cooled off since my "rant" and I'm more disappointed than mad.

• MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    Mbannar wrote: »

I agree. I like this game, I like the fanbase, but DB is not being as good as they can be and they are acting like they do not care. I have cooled off since my "rant" and I'm more disappointed than mad.

Edited my last
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mbannar wrote: »

Like the stages of grief huh?
  • I'm also sad that I can't post my Event Ideas anymore. I enjoyed doing that. I bet other people didn't though.
    :(

• 1pn25yesst4o.jpg
    This is how I feel right now

• Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

The screw up with the Christmas event was much, much worse, as things went awry half-way into the event, after many purchases, etc., had been made based on the advertised timetable, etc. This is a minor mistake by comparison, and one to which we as players can adjust to pretty quickly. Those that bought a bunch of romulan, etc., transmissions should get their merits back, but otherwise this really isn’t that big a deal.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends

The screw up with the Christmas event was much, much worse, as things went awry half-way into the event, after many purchases, etc., had been made based on the advertised timetable, etc. This is a minor mistake by comparison, and one to which we as players can adjust to pretty quickly. Those that bought a bunch of romulan, etc., transmissions should get their merits back, but otherwise this really isn’t that big a deal.

I agree, and even though I did use merits for extra Romulan & Klingon transmissions, I won’t submit a ticket because I will eventually use them.

Same here. I bought extras, but that’s easily remedied through regular gameplay. I was going to choose crew to level based on the items I was getting from the factions. My Klingon Bride can wait, especially seeing as I enjoy keeping her favorited at the top of my crew. (: She’s one of my favorites.

I don’t have any sort of merit shortage, either, so this won’t affect short term gameplay.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    b7c902e9-8434-496c-b5f0-19cfb2f0c5b7_text_hi.gif
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    It reads as a fantastic mea culpa to me. Are you expecting 10,000 dilithium as compensation?
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    It reads as a fantastic mea culpa to me. Are you expecting 10,000 dilithium as compensation?

Is that a thing? Can I have that? 😀