Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Galactic Series - 03/15 - Updated 03/15

Comments

• YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Not thrilled that Garland is basically better than Bev Picard that cost me 100K honor
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Not thrilled that Garland is basically better than Bev Picard that cost me 100K honor

I'm thrilled that I can now get a free crew that's better than the crew all the suckers paid for with honour :naughty:

I've always liked you spoonhead... why you doing this to me?
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gogus wrote: »
    I am happy that Garland is a threshold character, so that it will be easier to get her. Hopefully she is not as painful to level as Niners Rom.

I'm also happy about that. I already have Rom immortalized and I'm not going for Quark since he is 2 stat dip/cmd.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm thrilled that I can now get a free crew that's better than the crew all the suckers paid for with honour :naughty:

I've always liked you spoonhead... why you doing this to me?

What kind of Cardy would I be if I didn't mess with people, just a little bit?
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are Quark's stats so low? He is so low that it is like he has a third skill that someone forgot to add.
    Let’s fly!
  • Why are Quark's stats so low? He is so low that it is like he has a third skill that someone forgot to add.

He has one of the highest base DIP among 5*s.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Why are Quark's stats so low? He is so low that it is like he has a third skill that someone forgot to add.

Are you looking at the 1/5 FE stats that Shan posted earlier in this thread? If so, then it’s because those aren’t FF stats. (:

FFFE stats can typically be found in Starfleet Communications.

In this case, these are the ones for Martian Quark:
    Martian Quark (New) 5* Legendary
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: CMD 880 (167-369), DIP 1249 (245-516)
    Traits: Ferengi, Scoundrel, Merchant, Resourceful, Gambler, Communicator, Civilian, Smuggler, Desperate

Edited to sound less like a chocolate cronut...
  • Nurse Garland is positively evil to level. Faction only items start at level 10 and don't stop. And lots of med. lessons. A whole lot. And I'm only on level 40! Feeling some buyers remorse (a lot of buyers remorse, actually).
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    1249 base DIP before any starbase /cryo vault bonuses is fairly insane
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    He’s not much better than CD Quarks stats...guess their counting on character popularity
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
    1249 base DIP before any starbase /cryo vault bonuses is fairly insane

With more and more 4* crew being 900+ base, it seems there's a wave of powercreep coming

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Garland's stats are horrible, and she doesn't even have MED as her main trait. Another chance to give players a much needed MED character, and another miss from DB. What a waste.
    Garland's stats are horrible, and she doesn't even have MED as her main trait. Another chance to give players a much needed MED character, and another miss from DB. What a waste.

With her solid roll, she won't be terrible for Voyages. And as mentioned above, for newer players who may have missed Guinan (or older players with unfortunate luck), she's a great Gauntlet character.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garland's stats are horrible, and she doesn't even have MED as her main trait. Another chance to give players a much needed MED character, and another miss from DB. What a waste.

Her MED proficiency is sky high. Why would you want high MED base skill on a character who'll have very limited replay value in a shuttle event?
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess now is as good a time as any to point out that Anbo-jyutsu Riker doesn't have the Athlete trait?
    It's the ultimate evolution of the martial arts! It's right up there with Gymkata and Tae Bo! He should completely have the Athlete trait!

Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Her MED proficiency is sky high. Why would you want high MED base skill on a character who'll have very limited replay value in a shuttle event?

She will be great. Even better than Dr Chapel in gauntlet
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • ApaggApagg ✭✭✭
    UnkieB wrote: »
    Apagg wrote: »

That med stat for Garland looks very low given it seems to be her primary stat?

Her primary base stat is DIP, not MED. For MED she's all roll, not much base.

Sorry, just basing this off the fact that at level 1, med is 50, dip 38, sci 21. Is it common for stat rankings to alter with levelling?
  • Ivanstone wrote: »

I need MED characters with a high base for shuttle events. Most of the MED characters they've given out are good in the gauntlet but bad on shuttles. This is just another one, and another DIP character (which DB seems obsessed with) I'd just be freezing if I waste resources leveling her up. I'm in a level 70 fleet with mad bonuses and my 3/5* Crell Moset still can't even crack an 800 base. This is ridiculous. Sure he's decent for the gauntlet, just like my Guinan, and my Mirror Troi, and my Mirror Phlox (who is a really solid 4* MED character which we need more of), etc... How many more of those do I need for the gauntlet? I need some base MED strength here...

She will be great. Even better than Dr Chapel in gauntlet

Well, let's not overstate things. She's the new Mirror Phlox. Her MED proficiency is great and she's also triple stat. Her other two stats aren't super high. She also has a limited number of traits although both Nurse and Counselor do come up in the Gauntlet.

Also Chapel is terrible in the Gauntlet.

I need MED characters with a high base for shuttle events. Most of the MED characters they've given out are good in the gauntlet but bad on shuttles. This is just another one, and another DIP character (which DB seems obsessed with) I'd just be freezing if I waste resources leveling her up. I'm in a level 70 fleet with mad bonuses and my 3/5* Crell Moset still can't even crack an 800 base. This is ridiculous. Sure he's decent for the gauntlet, just like my Guinan, and my Mirror Troi, and my Mirror Phlox (who is a really solid 4* MED character which we need more of), etc... How many more of those do I need for the gauntlet? I need some base MED strength here...

Were you around for the last Mega? We got a 4/5* MED Primary crew that has over 1000 for their base. If your fleet has lots of bonuses like you said, then she's probably closer to 1200. That should be good enough for most shuttles.

Just checking my crew (and I'm VIP0, playing less than a year), and my second highest base MED is RAF Bashir at 823, 914 with my bonuses. He was in a pack a little while ago too. Katra McCoy also had good base stats for MED IIRC and he was in an event a few months ago.

Don't get me wrong, we're still lacking in the MED department, but we've been getting some pretty decent ones lately.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor

Were you around for the last Mega? We got a 4/5* MED Primary crew that has over 1000 for their base. If your fleet has lots of bonuses like you said, then she's probably closer to 1200. That should be good enough for most shuttles.

Just checking my crew (and I'm VIP0, playing less than a year), and my second highest base MED is RAF Bashir at 823, 914 with my bonuses. He was in a pack a little while ago too. Katra McCoy also had good base stats for MED IIRC and he was in an event a few months ago.

Don't get me wrong, we're still lacking in the MED department, but we've been getting some pretty decent ones lately.

Yes, I have Cornwell with 4*'s, and then Mirror Phlox, then there is a serious dip. Didn't get a Bashir. Yes, we're definitely lacking in the MED department. ENG could use some help, too. Will be doing better in ENG if I can place in the top 2,000 and get Rom fully equipped....but my crew's MED department is not helped by Garland. If I were to bother investing resources to level her up, I'd just be freezing her, anyway.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, just basing this off the fact that at level 1, med is 50, dip 38, sci 21. Is it common for stat rankings to alter with levelling?

If memory serves, Captain La Forge has more ENG than COM at level 1 but that COM is well ahead of ENG by level 100. I don’t know of any others.
    edited March 2018

I need MED characters with a high base for shuttle events. Most of the MED characters they've given out are good in the gauntlet but bad on shuttles.

Let's say hypothetically that you had a 4* with a 1000 base MED. This 4* is just a one-off crew with one appearance on the show. This character will have very limited value in upcoming events for that reason alone with the exception of its high base MED.

Except that its high base MED won't be that useful and promptly gets its butt kicked by Tourist Quark because Quark will be much more useful since he's a main cast character who will re-appear in subsequent events. High base is really only helpful if its on a main cast or supporting character. Holonovel Doctor is a pretty mediocre character, for example, but at least he's useful in faction events.

MED in particular needs less since they generally have fewer shuttle seats. Ideally you want Mirror Phlox although there are other good regular cast characters with strong MED bases.

A one-off character like Faith is better off with diverse strong proficiencies. She's good in the Gauntlet, she's probably good in Voyages.
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭

If memory serves, Captain La Forge has more ENG than COM at level 1 but that COM is well ahead of ENG by level 100. I don’t know of any others.

I believe there are several, although I can't remember who off the top of my head. There are also some whose primary stat changes depending on how many stars they have. Seems like agent janeway was one of them. 1701 Sisko is like that too.
  • Drone_oneDrone_one ✭✭✭
    Gogus wrote: »
    I am happy that Garland is a threshold character, so that it will be easier to get her. Hopefully she is not as painful to level as Niners Rom.

So. Many. Furs. These baseball gloves are killing me.

Try leveling Niners Rom and Sisko at the same time :)

I need MED characters with a high base for shuttle events. Most of the MED characters they've given out are good in the gauntlet but bad on shuttles.

Let's say hypothetically that you had a 4* with a 1000 base MED. This 4* is just a one-off crew with one appearance on the show. This character will have very limited value in upcoming events for that reason alone with the exception of its high base MED.

Except that its high base MED won't be that useful and promptly gets its butt kicked by Tourist Quark because Quark will be much more useful since he's a main cast character who will re-appear in subsequent events. High base is really only helpful if its on a main cast or supporting character. Holonovel Doctor is a pretty mediocre character, for example, but at least he's useful in faction events.

MED in particular needs less since they generally have fewer shuttle seats. Ideally you want Mirror Phlox although there are other good regular cast characters with strong MED bases.

A one-off character like Faith is better off with diverse strong proficiencies. She's good in the Gauntlet, she's probably good in Voyages.

Tourist Quark may have been a poor example because he's got a relatively high DIP.

Tourist Quark may have been a poor example because he's got a relatively high DIP.

He's an excellent example because even his moderate MED base is still better than almost every MED character in the game during a faction event where he's a bonus character. Sure you're more likely to put him in a DIP seat but that's not always the case and its good to have options.

Generally you're better off with a McCoy/Crusher/Doctor/etc for shuttles. One off characters are better if they have alternative utility like Voyages, Gauntlet or Ship Battles.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally you're better off with a McCoy/Crusher/Doctor/etc for shuttles. One off characters are better if they have alternative utility like Voyages, Gauntlet or Ship Battles.

This analysis ignores non event shuttles, and rightly so. Because of the shuttle mechanic settling on a 66% or so success rate, having MED skill averaging say 800 isn't a large advantage over 600.