Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Galactic Series - 03/15 - Updated 03/15

Comments

• but I don't have Rom, so will help in my collections should I be able to 4* him depending on if he is threshold.

I got all four copies of my Niners Rom from Voyages, so there's always that less-appetizing fallback for folks...

congrats, but well I don't ha ha, but I suspect he will be ranked reward anyway, so I probably will only get 1* anyway
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Nice one. Quark will be mine!
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    but I don't have Rom, so will help in my collections should I be able to 4* him depending on if he is threshold.

I got all four copies of my Niners Rom from Voyages, so there's always that less-appetizing fallback for folks...

Same. I actually hope Rom is rank so I can play threshold and stop.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Ferengi most likely trait addition

However long shots Odo variants
    Athlete trait
    Or the Niners
    Edit: Forgot Nurse can be a possible trait.

For my 2nd account the only one not fully leveled out of all these possibilities is Gladiator McCoy Athlete trait.

So I guess I will work on him until the day of the event.
    But I can usually level in a couple days.
    Probably will start on him tomorrow.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good!
    Let’s fly!
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to look up Faith Garland on Memory Alpha. But I do like Megan Gallagher — just didn't remember her character's name.

Still, I agree — between this upcoming event, the recent War Interrupted event and the upcoming mega just announced, it seems we're getting pretty DS9-heavy. (Admittedly, we were DSC-heavy for awhile, but that's a new show with a bunch of new characters to introduce, so to me it's not the same thing.) I know most of y'all are huge fans of Deep Space Nine, but it's feeling like a bit of overkill for me.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: The Galactic Series
    Event Type: Hybrid Event Faction/Galaxy
    Event Crew: Martian Quark 5* (New), Nurse Faith Garland 4* (New), and Niners Rom 4* (Existing)
    Event Dates: Thursday 03/15 until Monday 03/19
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Crew: Martian Quark 5* (New), Nurse Faith Garland 4* (New), and Niners Rom 4* (Existing)

But can you PLEASE make 9ers Rom the threshold reward and not the 3000+ reward? I already have a 1/4* 9ers Rom. If you make him the 3000+ rewards, I’ll likely end the even with another 1/4* 9ers Rom (fuse with my existing for a 2/4* Rom) and a 3/4* Nurse Garland. That’s the exact problem I’m having with this current event with Hippocrates Noah and Victorian Pulaski.
  • Also. THANK YOU for letting us know this far in advance. 😊
  • Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I had to look up Faith Garland on Memory Alpha. But I do like Megan Gallagher — just didn't remember her character's name.

Still, I agree — between this upcoming event, the recent War Interrupted event and the upcoming mega just announced, it seems we're getting pretty DS9-heavy. (Admittedly, we were DSC-heavy for awhile, but that's a new show with a bunch of new characters to introduce, so to me it's not the same thing.) I know most of y'all are huge fans of Deep Space Nine, but it's feeling like a bit of overkill for me.

I'd be happy to have Deep Space Nine represented in EVERY event. We are having another Mega-event in April, though (Romulan?), which should give you a breather before the Summer DS9/Augment event.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    4di9s16vcthl.png

You should have kept him when he was in tth eevent.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They aren't overkilling with DS9 characters because we only got Bajoran Dukat and Martian Quark.

All the others were just a repeat, Obsidian order Garak, Niners Rom and Sisko Noah.

DB is going smartly at the moment, they are mostly repeating characters from the best show with the largest cast.
  • Grant77 wrote: »
    4di9s16vcthl.png

His last event was nearly a year ago, ~10 days after I began playing the game; it was my second event, rank 18081.
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/The_Falcon_Falls
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »
    4di9s16vcthl.png

His last event was nearly a year ago, ~10 days after I began playing the game; it was my second event, rank 18081.
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/The_Falcon_Falls

Yes indeed. I'm sure there are quite a few we all regret ditching as new players. Watch out for him in the factions store - that's where I grabbed mine. Worth the dil imo (not that my Fleet Admiral agreed but hey. I wanted Jazzy and I had the dil so?)!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • That's Martian Quark, hopefully
  • I read somewhere that the crew offers in the various faction stores can be different for every player but what about the actual crew per faction? Would Jazz Riker only show in the Federation store or in others too?
    ----
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
    Negh_var wrote: »
    I read somewhere that the crew offers in the various faction stores can be different for every player but what about the actual crew per faction? Would Jazz Riker only show in the Federation store or in others too?

Federation only I believe
  • Yateball wrote: »
    Martian Quark is exciting, Faith Garland is not... Happy to see a Little Green Men event though! Awesome!

I disagree with you about Faith Garland. I think she is great.
  • Yateball wrote: »
    Martian Quark is exciting, Faith Garland is not... Happy to see a Little Green Men event though! Awesome!

I disagree with you about Faith Garland. I think she is great.

I'd also disagree. If Garland's main trait is MED, then it's very exciting. That means we would have a main-trait MED 4* and a main-train ENG (ROM) 4* in the same event, and it's 2nd-half galaxy, which is great...very excited...
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

I got to wondering about the representation of series, so I looked into it through 2018.

xqdm629xxrgt.jpg

I find it curious that I don't recall anyone even remarking on, let alone complaining about, the TOS and TNG streaks. Recall that 2017 ended with the "Smoke & Mirrors" mega-event that also featured a TNG crew member weekly, which means there was actually an eight-week TNG streak spanning December through January.

None of this is to dispute whether concentrations of a specific series are good or bad. Just found it interesting that we've had those two streaks in the last few months without either provoking any kind of awareness or reactions. I certainly wasn't cognizant of either of those streaks until just now, anyway.
  • The 'S' in Travis S McClain stands for 'Statistics'.
    Sisko: What are you gonna learn in the next few months that you haven't already learned in the last 300 years?
    Ezri Dax: Oh, how to keep from breaking into tears for no reason...
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭

I got to wondering about the representation of series, so I looked into it through 2018.

xqdm629xxrgt.jpg

I find it curious that I don't recall anyone even remarking on, let alone complaining about, the TOS and TNG streaks. Recall that 2017 ended with the "Smoke & Mirrors" mega-event that also featured a TNG crew member weekly, which means there was actually an eight-week TNG streak spanning December through January.

None of this is to dispute whether concentrations of a specific series are good or bad. Just found it interesting that we've had those two streaks in the last few months without either provoking any kind of awareness or reactions. I certainly wasn't cognizant of either of those streaks until just now, anyway.

I think the perception of a streak will have to do with having multiple characters from the same show in one event.

This would be two events with all three crew from DS9 in three weeks.

Compare to when we were complaining about the DSC streak- it also had events with two crew from one show.

Though if DB could throw a Jadzia Dax my way (existing or new), I could be very cool with that.

Or ENT crew, but given recent polling, I doubt it’ll be very soon.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

xqdm629xxrgt.jpg

I think the perception of a streak will have to do with having multiple characters from the same show in one event.

Compare to when we were complaining about the DSC streak- it also had events with two crew from one show.

Though if DB could throw a Jadzia Dax my way (existing or new), I could be very cool with that.

I hadn't realized Troi (Rakal Troi specifically) was from DS9.....
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

As there were four event crew that weekend, he possibly just meant that "three crew" were from DS9. And yes, that's what makes the difference to me, as well — the TOS "streak" was made up of solo appearances. I will grant that TNG had a streak with the Mirror Picard month. I'm not suggesting that an event should never be all characters from one show (or movie), and I do applaud the effort to bring in a sprinkling of characters here and there from shows that seem like they get short shrift, but overall it still feels to me like it needs balancing.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Faction/galaxy is better than just galaxy for me. Still not dropping 1000s of chrons on Martian Quark. I’ve had niners rom for awhile. Threashold and out.

It would be interesting if they did galaxy then faction but far less profitable.
    Pallidyne wrote: »

As there were four event crew that weekend, he possibly just meant that "three crew" were from DS9. And yes, that's what makes the difference to me, as well — the TOS "streak" was made up of solo appearances. I will grant that TNG had a streak with the Mirror Picard month. I'm not suggesting that an event should never be all characters from one show (or movie), and I do applaud the effort to bring in a sprinkling of characters here and there from shows that seem like they get short shrift, but overall it still feels to me like it needs balancing.

That is indeed what I meant. I was just looking at the individual columns on the data @Travis S McClain provided, and completely neglected to think about the fact that there were four crew in one of those events. Disregard the word “all”, please. :p

I’d edit it, but then what @Pallidyne said wouldn’t make as much sense to those who haven’t read this thread yet, so I’ll stick with it.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain TJ wrote: »

But can you PLEASE make 9ers Rom the threshold reward and not the 3000+ reward? I already have a 1/4* 9ers Rom. If you make him the 3000+ rewards, I’ll likely end the even with another 1/4* 9ers Rom (fuse with my existing for a 2/4* Rom) and a 3/4* Nurse Garland. That’s the exact problem I’m having with this current event with Hippocrates Noah and Victorian Pulaski.

Please do the opposite, I have niners Rom FF. If you make him threshold I won't play. If you make Garland threshold then I can play to clear her.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

xqdm629xxrgt.jpg

Funnily enough, Jadzia is tied with three others for featuring in the most events (eight).
    1. "The Trouble with Klingons", 4/21/16
    2. "The Trouble with Klingons 2", 9/8/16
    3. "The Genesis Wave 2", 4/6/17
    4. "The Triskelion Tournament", 6/15/17
    5. "The Trouble with Klingons 3", 6/29/17
    6. "Discovery: A New Anomaly 4: A Logical Reaction", 10/26/17
    7. "Fast as Light", 11/22/17
    8. "Smoke & Mirrors 1: Heavy Lies the Crown", 12/7/17

Some quick notes on the other three tied with Jadzia:

Data was in five events in 2016, but only three since.

It took Picard until the game's first anniversary to finally appear in an event at all (by which time those first five events of Data's had already run). Of his eight, four of them were as the recurring 5* in the "Smoke & Mirrors" mega-event this past December. If we exclude those four, on the basis that no other Picard personae counted for bonus crew, then he's only had four standard event appearances.

It shouldn't be a surprise that the last of the four is Janeway, given that she's the one we collectively complain about dominating events. Three of her eight are "They Came from the Holodeck!" and its two replays. Of the remaining five, four of them have been appearances in the first four mega-events.

I can understand why we don't think of Data as dominating events, given how few he's been in since the end of 2016, but it is curious to me that no one ever seems to feel there's been too much emphasis on Jadzia the way we complain about Janeway. Is it that we just like Jadzia more? Is it that half of Janeway's events were in the mega-events where she saved the day?
    edited March 2018

xqdm629xxrgt.jpg

Funnily enough, Jadzia is tied with three others for featuring in the most events (eight).
    1. "The Trouble with Klingons", 4/21/16
    2. "The Trouble with Klingons 2", 9/8/16
    3. "The Genesis Wave 2", 4/6/17
    4. "The Triskelion Tournament", 6/15/17
    5. "The Trouble with Klingons 3", 6/29/17
    6. "Discovery: A New Anomaly 4: A Logical Reaction", 10/26/17
    7. "Fast as Light", 11/22/17
    8. "Smoke & Mirrors 1: Heavy Lies the Crown", 12/7/17

Some quick notes on the other three tied with Jadzia:

Data was in five events in 2016, but only three since.

It took Picard until the game's first anniversary to finally appear in an event at all (by which time those first five events of Data's had already run). Of his eight, four of them were as the recurring 5* in the "Smoke & Mirrors" mega-event this past December. If we exclude those four, on the basis that no other Picard personae counted for bonus crew, then he's only had four standard event appearances.

It shouldn't be a surprise that the last of the four is Janeway, given that she's the one we collectively complain about dominating events. Three of her eight are "They Came from the Holodeck!" and its two replays. Of the remaining five, four of them have been appearances in the first four mega-events.

I can understand why we don't think of Data as dominating events, given how few he's been in since the end of 2016, but it is curious to me that no one ever seems to feel there's been too much emphasis on Jadzia the way we complain about Janeway. Is it that we just like Jadzia more? Is it that half of Janeway's events were in the mega-events where she saved the day?

Personally, I just really like Jadzia. Also, I missed the vast majority of her events. They were either before I started or during a break from the game. All except maybe one.

So I feel like I really missed out on different variants of her, and I wish I had them.

xqdm629xxrgt.jpg

Too many Discovery toons - oh la la I'm going to quit this game if!!!

Oops.