Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Galactic Series - 03/15 - Updated 03/15

Comments

• Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Garland's stats are horrible, and she doesn't even have MED as her main trait. Another chance to give players a much needed MED character, and another miss from DB. What a waste.

Her MED proficiency is sky high. Why would you want high MED base skill on a character who'll have very limited replay value in a shuttle event?

She will be great. Even better than Dr Chapel in gauntlet

Well, let's not overstate things. She's the new Mirror Phlox. Her MED proficiency is great and she's also triple stat. Her other two stats aren't super high. She also has a limited number of traits although both Nurse and Counselor do come up in the Gauntlet.

Also Chapel is terrible in the Gauntlet.

She’s the best I got...even better than 5* mobile doc in gauntlet med oddly
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garland's stats are horrible, and she doesn't even have MED as her main trait. Another chance to give players a much needed MED character, and another miss from DB. What a waste.

Her MED proficiency is sky high. Why would you want high MED base skill on a character who'll have very limited replay value in a shuttle event?

Well, let's not overstate things. She's the new Mirror Phlox. Her MED proficiency is great and she's also triple stat. Her other two stats aren't super high. She also has a limited number of traits although both Nurse and Counselor do come up in the Gauntlet.

You don't have a Cornwell? Chapel has a decent average but single stat characters are a poor choice for the Gauntlet. Cornwell has a lower roll but two additional stats plus superior traits.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't have a Cornwell? Chapel has a decent average but single stat characters are a poor choice for the Gauntlet. Cornwell has a lower roll but two additional stats plus superior traits.

I wouldn’t call Cornwell a “good” gauntlet crew. BO Troi has a better MED average and has secondary and tertiary skills that are better balanced. Gillian Taylor is a little lower on MED average but also has a strong SCI skill and DIP that is better as a third skill than Cornwell’s SEC.

And I would still take Antaak or Mirror Phlox over any of them due to their drastically higher proficiencies. Because having three skills is meaningless when the third skill is trash and one of the other two aren’t strong enough to make up for it.

Disclaimer: I am truly loaded on MED crew. No Culber, Mobile Doc, or Surgeon Pulaski, but I have immortalized Crell Moset, AoS Crusher, Holonovel Doctor, Mirror Phlox, Antaak, RAF Bashir, BO Troi, Gillian Taylor, Hippocrates Noah, Dr. Crusher (on ice), Rakal Troi, and Combat Medic Paris plus I have a 4/5* FE Cornwell, a 2/5* FE Guinan, and Mirror Troi and Mirror Bev at 1/5* FE...I have a wealth of options for the gauntlet, voyages, and shuttles. I’ve never really struggled for MED crew in the gauntlet because I've had Mirror Phlox and Crell Moset for a looong time.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn’t call Cornwell a “good” gauntlet crew.

I wouldn't either but she's a better choice than Chapel usually. There are other choices that are adequate like BO Troi or Waitress Ezri. I think for a lot of players its best not to get too fixated on the top roll. Antaak for example is mostly good because of his traits. The roll is strong but its better when he has a 25-65% crit chance. Which he does more often that you'd think.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apagg wrote: »
    UnkieB wrote: »
    Apagg wrote: »

That med stat for Garland looks very low given it seems to be her primary stat?

Her primary base stat is DIP, not MED. For MED she's all roll, not much base.

Sorry, just basing this off the fact that at level 1, med is 50, dip 38, sci 21. Is it common for stat rankings to alter with levelling?

If memory serves, Captain La Forge has more ENG than COM at level 1 but that COM is well ahead of ENG by level 100. I don’t know of any others.

I believe there are several, although I can't remember who off the top of my head. There are also some whose primary stat changes depending on how many stars they have. Seems like agent janeway was one of them. 1701 Sisko is like that too.

Convergence Day Quark is another one whose primary can change depending on star rating AND level.

Discovered that one day when I was looking at FF stats for some of my legendaries. At first, I thought there was something wrong with the info on the wiki, but I have fleetmates with him at various fusion levels, so was able to confirm that all was alright with the wiki.
  • Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    Gogus wrote: »
    I am happy that Garland is a threshold character, so that it will be easier to get her. Hopefully she is not as painful to level as Niners Rom.

I'm running into that pain now. Started to try and immortalise Rom at the weekend, but the amount of crap he needs for his bats and gloves and whatnot is almost as annoying as Neelix's cookbook/leola root builds.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭

Oh dang...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • 1nc6bn613yzs.png

The artwork is getting better!

I would have liked Martian Quark to be holding his nose like in that one scene from the episode
    Proud Member of Everlong and avid Star Trek Fan

• SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    Gogus wrote: »
    I am happy that Garland is a threshold character, so that it will be easier to get her. Hopefully she is not as painful to level as Niners Rom.

I'm running into that pain now. Started to try and immortalise Rom at the weekend, but the amount of crap he needs for his bats and gloves and whatnot is almost as annoying as Neelix's cookbook/leola root builds.

My replicator rations and credits have taken a huge hit!
  • SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    1nc6bn613yzs.png

I would have liked Martian Quark to be holding his nose like in that one scene from the episode

yeah definitely - shading and texture details is much better. I notice if you look up Nurse Garland on the wiki, there appears to be two versions of the image, one of them looking a bit rough.

Quark looks like hes holding his hand up in exasperation, but i wonder if its supposed to be the scene where they were banging their heads to try and get their universal translators working
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siblin wrote: »
    1nc6bn613yzs.png

yeah definitely - shading and texture details is much better. I notice if you look up Nurse Garland on the wiki, there appears to be two versions of the image, one of them looking a bit rough.

Quark looks like hes holding his hand up in exasperation, but i wonder if its supposed to be the scene where they were banging their heads to try and get their universal translators working

I noticed that on the wiki too... One image has her looking one direction and the other looking the other way... weird. Different smile too
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siblin wrote: »
    1nc6bn613yzs.png

Yeah, I think it's the translator thing. Which I'm okay with because it still looks amusing, but I agree the nose-holding would have been a good time.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn’t call Cornwell a “good” gauntlet crew.

I wouldn't either but she's a better choice than Chapel usually. There are other choices that are adequate like BO Troi or Waitress Ezri. I think for a lot of players its best not to get too fixated on the top roll. Antaak for example is mostly good because of his traits. The roll is strong but its better when he has a 25-65% crit chance. Which he does more often that you'd think.

Amen to that, it’s easy to forget about the minimum roll. I get real concerned when I see a minimum below 200 on a primary skill - it’s why I don’t use Icheb in ENG gauntlets or Graduation Burnham in SCI gauntlets, and why Doc Chapel is secretly not very good either. I tolerate EV Suit Tucker because he can beat even Kahless in an ENG/COM match, but that’s about it.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the artwork, but I don't get his hand placement. "I could have had a V8!"?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Captain TJ wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: The Galactic Series
    Event Type: Hybrid Event Faction/Galaxy
    Event Crew: Martian Quark 5* (New), Nurse Faith Garland 4* (New), and Niners Rom 4* (Existing)
    Event Dates: Thursday 03/15 until Monday 03/19
    Event Crew: Martian Quark 5* (New), Nurse Faith Garland 4* (New), and Niners Rom 4* (Existing)

But can you PLEASE make 9ers Rom the threshold reward and not the 3000+ reward? I already have a 1/4* 9ers Rom. If you make him the 3000+ rewards, I’ll likely end the even with another 1/4* 9ers Rom (fuse with my existing for a 2/4* Rom) and a 3/4* Nurse Garland. That’s the exact problem I’m having with this current event with Hippocrates Noah and Victorian Pulaski.

It's a hybrid event. You should get 4/4 from thresholds regardless of who the crew member is.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the artwork, but I don't get his hand placement. "I could have had a V8!"?

He's whacking his head trying to get his Universal Translator to work.

Because Ferengi use ear implants for UTs.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Only 1 Faction for the faction part? Anyone else having this issue?
  • Only 1 Faction for the faction part? Anyone else having this issue?

Yes, same here. :(
    Interested in being part of the TLA fun?
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 1 Faction for the faction part? Anyone else having this issue?

That's all I see.
  • So, about the Romulans and Klingons?
    Proud member of eXodus
  • DB? Fix?
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, after my first four one-minute missions ended, it jumped up to twenty minute missions. Is that normal?
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭

Event factions
    Ferengi Traditionalists, Romulan Star Empire, Klingon Empire

Bonus crew:
    • high bonus: event crew
    • small bonus: variants of Quark, variants of Rom, and crew with the Athlete trait.

Current crew with the Athlete trait:
    Racquetball Bashir
    Boxer Chakotay
    Hockey Kim
    Niners Kira Nerys
    Gladiator McCoy
    Delta Flyer Paris
    Hockey Paris
    Niners Rom
    Tsunkatse Seven
    Niners Sisko
    Duelist Torres

Unfused stats

Martian Quark
    FE 1/5 level 100
    CMD 432 (167-369), DIP 859 (245-516)

Nurse Faith Garland
    FE 1/4 level 100
    DIP 388 (147-315), SCI 233 (39-113), MED 269 (324-747)

Niners Rom
    FE 1/4 level 100
    ENG 609 (102-239), SEC 316 (144-297)

• Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    Also, after my first four one-minute missions ended, it jumped up to twenty minute missions. Is that normal?

Yes it is
  • Guess not. It opens 10 missions not 6.
  • [TLA] 84wb wrote: »
    Guess not. It opens 10 missions not 6.

I opened 12.
    Proud member of eXodus
  • Shan wrote: »

Event factions
    Ferengi Traditionalists, Romulan Star Empire, Klingon Empire

Bonus crew:
    • high bonus: event crew
    • small bonus: variants of Quark, variants of Rom, and crew with the Athlete trait.

Current crew with the Athlete trait:
    Racquetball Bashir
    Boxer Chakotay
    Hockey Kim
    Niners Kira Nerys
    Gladiator McCoy
    Delta Flyer Paris
    Hockey Paris
    Niners Rom
    Tsunkatse Seven
    Niners Sisko
    Duelist Torres

Unfused stats

Martian Quark
    FE 1/5 level 100
    CMD 432 (167-369), DIP 859 (245-516)

Nurse Faith Garland
    FE 1/4 level 100
    DIP 388 (147-315), SCI 233 (39-113), MED 269 (324-747)

Niners Rom
    FE 1/4 level 100
    ENG 609 (102-239), SEC 316 (144-297)

Only Ferengi Traditionalist have showed up to the event, guess the Romulan Star Empire & Klingon Empire already gave up? Definitely not like the Klingons to do that....
    Admiral Christopher Pike
    Joint Fleets
    Temporal Defense Initiative (TDI)
    Deep Space Armada (DSA)
    Temporal Defense Initiative 2 (TDI2)

Discord Server
  • Yup. Miscounted, sorry. 12 it is. ;)
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Grant77 wrote: »
    RennJaxo wrote: »

Yes it is

Oh weird. I had this vague memory of five and ten minute missions. Or three and ten. Anyways, whatever. My memory ain't what it used to be.