Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Father of Logic - 04/05

Comments

• Options
    [10F] Newt wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    FYI the event announcement and packs might happen a bit later than Noon ET.

@Shan I will forgive you if there are crew slots given out for the mega event and a 50% off crew slot sale.

Said with lots of sarcasm. But I really could use a good crew slot sale since the last one we had we ended up with a month of all new crew for each event.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭

@Shan I will forgive you if there are crew slots given out for the mega event and a 50% off crew slot sale.

Said with lots of sarcasm. But I really could use a good crew slot sale since the last one we had we ended up with a month of all new crew for each event.

No sarcasm here....we need a crew slot sale!
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Siblin wrote: »

Waaaat? I’m sat here with a stack of dilithium burning a hole in my pocket here Shan ;)

Can you confirm Surak will be event only and not available in packs until after the mega event as per previous?

It has been that way for literally every mega recurring character ever. It's pretty safe to assume that will continue to be the case.

Umm... two words... Mirror Picard

and more words... the insane crazyness of "Tickets and Refunds for honor/double your crew offers" that happened afterward.. so technically your right "literally" but Siblin is just asking the question many of us had and wanted to confirm... Last mega, Shan specifically spelled out that the reoccurring character would only be available for 1 copy each week, and in the "end of event" pack...
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siblin wrote: »

Waaaat? I’m sat here with a stack of dilithium burning a hole in my pocket here Shan ;)

Can you confirm Surak will be event only and not available in packs until after the mega event as per previous?

It has been that way for literally every mega recurring character ever. It's pretty safe to assume that will continue to be the case.

Umm... two words... Mirror Picard

and more words... the insane crazyness of "Tickets and Refunds for honor/double your crew offers" that happened afterward.. so technically your right "literally" but Siblin is just asking the question many of us had and wanted to confirm... Last mega, Shan specifically spelled out that the reoccurring character would only be available for 1 copy each week, and in the "end of event" pack...

Mirror Picard wasn't a planned thing though. That's my point. He wasn't a policy, he wasn't an intended reward. He was a poor choice of compensation for an issue that should have never happened.

At the beginning of that event, they could have said he'd only be available as an event threshold reward and end of event pack and they would have been correct. Because that was their plan. What wasn't their plan was a major issue and a badly chosen compensation.

So when people ask at the beginning of every mega now whether the character will be available in any capacity other than the standard event rewards, I don't understand what they intend to really gain as far as a response goes. DB knows now that their choice of compensation was poor, and they will likely not do it again. So all these questions are really is "will this mega event be like every other mega event". To which the answer of course is yes. And if DB still somehow lacks the judgement to not give the mega character as compensation, then there's still a chance it will happen regardless of their answer, because they're obviously not planning on a bug happening that necessitates a free crew being sent out.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surak looks good for some Gauntlet... Spock is passable gauntlet but meh otherwise
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Event Crew:

Kolinahr Spock (New) 5* Legendary
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: COM: 884 (107-300), DIP: 1110 (257-551), SCI: 560 (31-115)
    Traits: Federation, Civilian, Exobiology, Musician, Astrophysicist, Human, Vulcan, Telepath, Spiritual

Amanda Grayson (New) 4*
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: DIP 692 (213-446) MED 597 (92-283)
    Traits: Human, Caregiver, Civilian, Communicator

Katra McCoy (Existing) 4*
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: DIP 458 (170-347), SCI 325 (76-166), MED 790 (121-352)
    Traits: Federation, Starfleet, Vulcan, Desperate, Human, Physician

Recurrent event threshold reward crew

Surak (New) 5* Legendary
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: COM: 403 (161-459), DIP: 717 (237-523), SCI: 1209 (313-641)
    Traits: Cultural Figure, Vulcan, Communicator, Desperate, Hero, Inspiring, Telepath
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »
    Surak looks good for some Gauntlet... Spock is passable gauntlet but meh otherwise

Surak will be good. He's basically just a better Mirror T'Pol
  • Options
    Amanda looks sadly skippable. Surak will be good for Voyages and some Gauntlets. I'll definitely be FF'ing my Surak.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    Nicely done with the packs DB! Please keep doing them like this! All at once, and you can literally get anyone you want guaranteed. Well done!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The event should be announced shortly!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    As in now :D
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    UnkieB wrote: »
    What's with all the lackluster and progressively worse each week DIP/MED combo 4's? Did the character generator get stuck or something?
    ;)

People asked for more MED, they got more MED.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    What's with all the lackluster and progressively worse each week DIP/MED combo 4's? Did the character generator get stuck or something?

;)

It's odd how they created characters that make you not want any of the subsequent characters they put out :P

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking about buying one of the event pack deals to get Kolinahr Spock, but seeing now that he is DIP primary, I think I’ll pass. Hopefully I’ll be able to FF McCoy.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Except unless I'm mistaken people were asking for good Base MED...
  • Options
    @Shan , will Amanda Grayson be event crew the rest of the month for the MEGA event? She does not have the Vulcan trait
    F2P/VIP 0 for LIFE!
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicely done with the packs DB! Please keep doing them like this! All at once, and you can literally get anyone you want guaranteed. Well done!

Packs look to be taken down now?
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I can't imagine why she would be.
  • Options

OOOPS! And they are down.....
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    ....and now 3 are back up....
  • Options
    The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

They're back up, but only 3 of them.

Originally it was:

$99.99 Bundle w/ 2 Spock
    $49.99 Bundle w/ 1 Spock
    $24.99 Bundle w/ 2 Amanda
    $24.99 Bundle w/ 2 McCoy
    $9.99 Bundle w/ 1 Amanda
    $9.99 Bundle w/ 1 McCoy

Looks like they are FINALLY giving us guaranteed packs at each tier for the crew you want. This is going to be nice.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Except unless I'm mistaken people were asking for good Base MED...

Mebbe but there's only so many ways you're going to make a DIP/MED crew to begin with. They could've made her bananas and she'd still only be marginally useful.

I imagine there's probably a few people who'd prefer if they swapped Amanda and Nurse Faith's stats around but most one-off characters are destined to only be useful in the event they'll be released in.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    s97uomqfaog3.jpg

:neutral:
  • Options
    I dunno... Kolinahr Spock didn't strike me as the most diplomatic of folks...
  • Options
    Does the $99 bundle come with 10 event packs or 8? I only have 8 and I can't see the offer anymore.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Meh, looks like all I need is to finish my Katra McCoy. I'll spend my leveling on Surak, so Amanda might have to **tsk tsk** vacuum if I need the space (thanks for no crew slots), and even Spock isn't work keeping at 1/5. These are not the cards I was looking for : (
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad that Amanda is threshold. I've no room for another 3/4 that won't be used in any other events, not even for the rest of the Mega.
  • Options
    McCoy is not in the threshold. I hate you...
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    McCoy is not in the threshold. I hate you...

A bit extreme.
    Magisse wrote: »
    Sad that Amanda is threshold. I've no room for another 3/4 that won't be used in any other events, not even for the rest of the Mega.

Well said as a general rule. But I don't have any of them, so it makes no difference to me.