Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Father of Logic - 04/05

Comments

• Options
    McCoy is not in the threshold. I hate you...

A bit extreme.
    Magisse wrote: »
    Sad that Amanda is threshold. I've no room for another 3/4 that won't be used in any other events, not even for the rest of the Mega.

Well said as a general rule. But I don't have any of them, so it makes no difference to me.

Have had a fully-equipped 1/4 McCoy just sitting useless on my crew for almost a year...
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like others, I'm disappointed in the stats. At 1/5, Kolinahr Spock won't be in my top 10 for diplomacy. Even at 2/5, I don't think he'd crack my top 10 right now. I want him on the one hand, but on the other he'll never get used and will take up a crew slot. Ugh.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭

Siblin wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    FYI the event announcement and packs might happen a bit later than Noon ET.

Waaaat? I’m sat here with a stack of dilithium burning a hole in my pocket here Shan ;)

Can you confirm Surak will be event only and not available in packs until after the mega event as per previous?

I might have spoken too soon. I got one pack and all my dil seems to have disappeared. Has anyone else had problems with the packs?
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the plus side, Surak has pretty nice stats!
  • Options
    I love the event and these characters, but agree that the constant stream of threshold 2 skill DIP/MED characters is a bit weird (Tea time Pulaski, Mutant Paris, Anij, Amanda Grayson). Still think that Paris may have been a mistake (Pilot who built his own ship and travels at superwarp with no command/engineering skills), everyone else makes sense.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even some variety on the MED would work, but repeated MED/DIP seems more retaliatory to the userbase.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno... Kolinahr Spock didn't strike me as the most diplomatic of folks...

Since the Kolinahr is a process to get rid of emotions and focus on complete logic diplomacy prime makes perfect sense. In fact I was hoping for it and am glad I got it. A sideeffect of the Kolinahr could be brutal outbreaks though. So maybe they could have added some security to the mix...
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have so many DIP crew that even super rare with DIP primary are going into freezer.

And before Discovery's mega event I only had 3 strong DIP - Klingon O'Brien, Mirror Sato and Tuvix.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Since the Kolinahr is a process to get rid of emotions and focus on complete logic diplomacy prime makes perfect sense.
    Uhm, perfect logic is science thing, not diplomacy thing. Main failure of Vulcan diplomacy is exactly that they go logic this and logic that without taking feelings in account (which is not very logical but Vulcan logic =/= normal logic).

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surak's stats are great! Such good science! I like that katra mccoy is ranked because then I can get 4/4 of him without packs.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like others, I'm disappointed in the stats. At 1/5, Kolinahr Spock won't be in my top 10 for diplomacy. Even at 2/5, I don't think he'd crack my top 10 right now. I want him on the one hand, but on the other he'll never get used and will take up a crew slot. Ugh.

I hear you. In the sense that I like Spock in general and want any version of him I want to go ahead and play the event for this version. But it would also mean yet another pretty much useless 1/5, with little opportunity to add stars, taking up space. For the first time in a long time I’m thinking about not playing to top 1k and just doing thresholds instead.
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    UnkieB wrote: »

I hear you. In the sense that I like Spock in general and want any version of him I want to go ahead and play the event for this version. But it would also mean yet another pretty much useless 1/5, with little opportunity to add stars, taking up space. For the first time in a long time I’m thinking about not playing to top 1k and just doing thresholds instead.

This is why I want next week to give me a decent 4/4* Spock I can have and hold and keep in my crew forever.

Because right now I have no good Spocks and it's making me sad.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    I was ready to dish out $$ for Event pack...really. Now I'm not an expert on art, but when I saw the new Spock I knew Leonard would disapprove of me spending anything on this card. Maybe next time DB :-)
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Spock at 1/5 almost replaces both 4* Sarek's in my roster so I'll go for him. 4* TNG Sarek has better stat balance for Voyages but Spock's traits will likely help more.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surak looks a lot like Yarnek, stats-wise (although COM and DIP are switched around), but who can turn down more SCI? Nobody, that’s who.
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    Don’t turn around wa oh the kohlinars in town wa oh oh.. sorry couldn’t resist..that song has stuck in my head since they announced this character. Bought 2 packs first was McCoy and Grand Nagus Rom who finished my collections. 2nd pack Spock dropped so I’m happy with the expenditure...
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    New Spock at 1/5 almost replaces both 4* Sarek's in my roster so I'll go for him. 4* TNG Sarek has better stat balance for Voyages but Spock's traits will likely help more.

I had to unfreeze both Sareks for this event, as Prisoner Cornwell, Amb. Shraas, Victorian Pulaski, Amb. K'Ehleyr, Marla McGivers, Zhian'tara Odo, Harry Mudd, Desert Georgiou, the new Sato, Dahar Master Kang, and even Sybok are all better. And they're all better than the new Spock. So he's just going to be taking up space, but . . .
    This is why I want next week to give me a decent 4/4* Spock I can have and hold and keep in my crew forever.

Because right now I have no good Spocks and it's making me sad.

I'm fortunate to have Laborer Spock -- only 1/5, but still a solid Science stat. That said, my other Spocks' (Kal-if-fee, Ambassador) stats are terrible since we've had power creep. If those were the only ones I had, I'd be on your page 100%. Which leaves me here:
    UnkieB wrote: »
    In the sense that I like Spock in general and want any version of him I want to go ahead and play the event for this version. But it would also mean yet another pretty much useless 1/5, with little opportunity to add stars, taking up space. For the first time in a long time I’m thinking about not playing to top 1k and just doing thresholds instead.

I can't quite make up my mind. Maybe a crew slot sale will cure my dilemma . . .
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Oh I'll get him playing Event, just not paying for that rendition. 😂😂
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad Amanda Grayson and Kohlinar Spock have been added to the game. I don't, however, feel I need either in my own crew. Neither fills any gaping holes in my crew, and both would tie up a crew slot indefinitely. At best, I would cash in Honor to immortalize and freeze Amanda, but even if I do, she won't count toward any collections. It seems inevitable that the Mia Kirshner version will turn up, and I may regret not having this variant of her then, but I suspect I'll manage.

I can, however, use Katra McCoy toward the Do No Harm collection, so I suppose a 4/4 of him is my target this week.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

I had to unfreeze both Sareks for this event, as Prisoner Cornwell, Amb. Shraas, Victorian Pulaski, Amb. K'Ehleyr, Marla McGivers, Zhian'tara Odo, Harry Mudd, Desert Georgiou, the new Sato, Dahar Master Kang, and even Sybok are all better. And they're all better than the new Spock. So he's just going to be taking up space, but . . .

In the short term, there are some better DIP character but only for this mega. A decent DIP Spock will be better long term and he's got good Voyage stats. Raw base stats are meaningless for the most part. Being strong at day-to-day shuttles isn't a big enough advantage. Pulaski, Marla, K'ehlyer are in the vault till they're needed for an event.

VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made two pulls, got Spock on the first and Amanda on the second.

I'm kinda bummed that Amanda appears to be completely useless. Her stats are horrid and she does not have the Vulcan trait (she should imo). At least I will have her 4/4 so she can be frozen.
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Only 20 2* IDICs to go from 80-90 on Spock? Is that all DB? Seriously? I ran 4 shuttles all week on Federation missions and used a ton of relications so far to get around IDICs to stall out at 90 needing only 20 more or more replications. This next 4 weeks is going to be miserable between this and Romulan Encryption Algorithms.

Edit: per the crew calculator its 57 2* IDIC total. That’s absolutely ridiculous.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Torias327 wrote: »
    Edit: per the crew calculator its 57 2* IDIC total. That’s absolutely ridiculous.
    No, that's typical Spock.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

And 2nd for Spock's behind the crazy build for Ambassador Spock...

4s
    Ambassador Spock - 64
    Kal-if-fee Spock - 34 (incomplete?)

5s
    Gangster Spock - 53 (incomplete?)
    Kolinhar Spock - 57
    Laborer Spock - 0
    Mirror Spock - 43 (incomplete?)
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the $99 bundle come with 10 event packs or 8? I only have 8 and I can't see the offer anymore.

It comes with 10 x10 event packs
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    FYI the event announcement and packs might happen a bit later than Noon ET.

Waaaat? I’m sat here with a stack of dilithium burning a hole in my pocket here Shan ;)

Can you confirm Surak will be event only and not available in packs until after the mega event as per previous?

I might have spoken too soon. I got one pack and all my dil seems to have disappeared. Has anyone else had problems with the packs?

I assume since no one else responded, they did not have problems.
    Contact support and file a ticket.
  • Options
    Tribbles????
  • Options
    al103 wrote: »

And similar for Amb. Sarek if I remember right. I suspect Surak will similarly eat up a LOT of 2* IDICs.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »

And similar for Amb. Sarek if I remember right. I suspect Surak will similarly eat up a LOT of 2* IDICs.

Thankfully I had 52 stockpiled from massing Federation shuttles recently so I didn't have to replicate much. Spock was an absolute breeze otherwise though