Options

Key information about the event: Father of Logic - 04/05

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    UnkieB wrote: »
    Torias327 wrote: »
    Edit: per the crew calculator its 57 2* IDIC total. That’s absolutely ridiculous.

And 2nd for Spock's behind the crazy build for Ambassador Spock...

4s
    Ambassador Spock - 64
    Kal-if-fee Spock - 34 (incomplete?)

5s
    Gangster Spock - 53 (incomplete?)
    Kolinhar Spock - 57
    Laborer Spock - 0
    Mirror Spock - 43 (incomplete?)

The incomplete, in case you were wondering, is because the name of one of his items was recently changed from "The Teaching of Surak" to "The Teachings of Surak". It's caused a bug with the crew cost finder. Izausome has been made aware of it, I mentioned it in the Discord chat, and someone added it to the wiki edits thread here on the forum, so it'll probably be fixed soon, if it hasn't been already.
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB is teasing us with Archer because they said how Surak's Katra is broken. loool
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    al103 wrote: »
    Since the Kolinahr is a process to get rid of emotions and focus on complete logic diplomacy prime makes perfect sense.
    Uhm, perfect logic is science thing, not diplomacy thing. Main failure of Vulcan diplomacy is exactly that they go logic this and logic that without taking feelings in account (which is not very logical but Vulcan logic =/= normal logic).

Nope, when you approach a diplomatic situation with pure logic you go by facts, not feelings. You are rational, not emotional. Which is a good approach in such situations. Causer temper, feelings etc. often can make such a situation go out of whack. And, as said, wish and gameplay wise I am glad he got diplomacy prime. A perfect "second man" behind my FE/FF Zhian'tara Odo...
  • Options
    edited April 2018

This is why I want next week to give me a decent 4/4* Spock I can have and hold and keep in my crew forever.

Because right now I have no good Spocks and it's making me sad.

If that is making you sad you should invest some in the event packs. Simple as that. DB is very generous for the most part, but you can´t get everything you want for free. Same as you I had some Spocks, but no "Killer Spock". This version also has a special meaning to me for various reasons. So I gladly supported DB for creating it. And now he is FE/FF. My second base concerning diplomacy. And also second combined.

P.S.: I respect it when peeps don´t wan´t or can´t invest, say, more than the monthly card into this game. To each their own. But than they should not complain about this or that or everything and gracefully accept the many freebies DB has on offer. I also have many things I can´t or don´t want to invest in for real. But those I simply accept and not make a storm in the waterglass out of them...

• Options

Edit: per the crew calculator its 57 2* IDIC total. That’s absolutely ridiculous.

Nope, it is about realizing that this game is about resource management and also planning ahead, playing it long- not short term. My Spock is FE/FF. And I still have 243 2* IDICs left....

• Options
    ApaggApagg ✭✭✭

Nope, it is about realizing that this game is about resource management and also planning ahead, playing it long- not short term. My Spock is FE/FF. And I still have 243 2* IDICs left....

Dear God. How long have you been running Federation shuttles?
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apagg wrote: »

I collect a lot of mine during cadet missions. I rotate depending on my stock if I don't have a character pending that needs something from the cadet drops.
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭

This is why I want next week to give me a decent 4/4* Spock I can have and hold and keep in my crew forever.

Because right now I have no good Spocks and it's making me sad.

If that is making you sad you should invest some in the event packs. Simple as that. DB is very generous for the most part, but you can´t get everything you want for free. Same as you I had some Spocks, but no "Killer Spock". This version also has a special meaning to me for various reasons. So I gladly supported DB for creating it. And now he is FE/FF. My second base concerning diplomacy. And also second combined.

P.S.: I respect it when peeps don´t wan´t or can´t invest, say, more than the monthly card into this game. To each their own. But than they should not complain about this or that or everything and gracefully accept the many freebies DB has on offer. I also have many things I can´t or don´t want to invest in for real. But those I simply accept and not make a storm in the waterglass out of them...

I'm not complaining so much as just wishing. I thought the more lighthearted nature of my post would have demonstrated that.

Also, I would spend money/dil on an event pack, but I simply can't. To spare any amount of cash on this game currently would be financially irresponsible on my part, especially because I've already spent some money (~$50) on another game earlier this year (which I probably shouldn't have). I would support DB if I could, but I cannot.

So no, I'm not complaining. I'm just expressing the fact that I'd like a Spock I can keep in my main crew. I didn't think that was such an unwarranted thought.

And I do accept every freebie I get. Although, I wouldn't call event crew (especially non-threshold crew) "freebies" per se. I've invested a lot of time and effort to get 4* and 5* event crew in the past, so I'm not looking for any handouts here.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Apagg wrote: »

I collect a lot of mine during cadet missions. I rotate depending on my stock if I don't have a character pending that needs something from the cadet drops.

I try to do that, too, but I've never come close to having that many in reserve. My hat is off to you!
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    DB is teasing us with Archer because they said how Surak's Katra is broken. loool

Did you notice that one of the items with which to equip Surak is "Surak's Katra"? That's something that could also be used to equip Katra Archer, if they introduce him during this event. I hope they do!!
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options

Did you notice that one of the items with which to equip Surak is "Surak's Katra"? That's something that could also be used to equip Katra Archer, if they introduce him during this event. I hope they do!!

Maybe the final event will involve High Priestess T'Lar performing the Fal-tor-pan (the refusing) with Surak and Katra Archer, the way she did with Spock and Katra McCoy in TSFS. She'd be a cool character to have.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭

It actually makes me worried that if they can have Surak even exist before having his Katra equipped, then we could also have...
    qguuauf37dlr.jpg

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is Timelines. The reason we can have 3 Spocks on a shuttle at the same time is that they are from different moments. You could then have Sareks katra and then Sarek with Katra existing at the same time because of the anomaly that is the premise of the game in the first place.