Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Father of Logic - 04/05

Comments

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    das411 wrote: »
    I'll be using up my saved dilithium trying to get that Kolinahr Spock! I hope he's Science Primary...

Hear hear! AND if we have this Spock early, does that mean we could also get Captain Spock in week 3 or 4?

star-trek-ii-improved.jpg

Give us Kirstie Alley too!

We already have her as a 3*.
  • Options
    Any chance this event will experiment with a potentially more logical event reward structure?

Perhaps something like Threshold:Crew and Ranked:Honor?
    k7m516st6avp.jpg

This is not a logical reward structure for this event. Neelix and Pulaski are not event crew for this event.
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • Options
    Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    I'll be using up my saved dilithium trying to get that Kolinahr Spock! I hope he's Science Primary...

Hear hear! AND if we have this Spock early, does that mean we could also get Captain Spock in week 3 or 4?

The Rare version of Saavik is wearing the excursion jacket. I'd be all for a Bridge Officer Saavik, as a 4*.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it’s the original Amanda Grayson. I wouldn’t mind the Discovery version at some point later, but the original should be first
    I think it will depend on who DB can get rights for. I liked Sarek's wife in tng a lot. Hope she makes an appearance though neither she not Sarek's first wife were Vulcan.

Actually wasn't Sareks first, the mother of Sybok and wasn't she Vulcan?

Yes. An unnamed Vulcan princess.
  • Options
    Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Ok, who wants to bet that the Amanda Grayson they use will be the STD one instead of the TOS classic?
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that her? It doesn’t look like her

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, who wants to bet that the Amanda Grayson they use will be the STD one instead of the TOS classic?

Probably much easier to get clearances from Mia Kirshner's people than Jane Wyatt's estate, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm fine with either, although TOS would be cool.
  • Options
    UnkieB wrote: »

Probably much easier to get clearances from Mia Kirshner's people than Jane Wyatt's estate, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm fine with either, although TOS would be cool.

For the most part I’m ok with either as well, but I’d prefer the TOS version, mostly because I just liked that actress better but also because I like that Sarek better too. I know, totally illogical train of thought but it’s the truth, lol.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    I guess we know which faction is winning the event.
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it’s the original Amanda Grayson. I wouldn’t mind the Discovery version at some point later, but the original should be first
    I think it will depend on who DB can get rights for. I liked Sarek's wife in tng a lot. Hope she makes an appearance though neither she not Sarek's first wife were Vulcan.

Actually wasn't Sareks first, the mother of Sybok and wasn't she Vulcan?

Had to dig into Sybok's entry on Memory Alpha… his mother was a Vulcan princess, but it doesn't specifically state that she and Sarek were married, until you get to the novelizations — where I found this:
    Apocrypha

The novelization for Star Trek V and the novel Sarek both name Sybok's mother as T'Rea (β), a Kolinahr adept who had been bonded to Sarek in childhood. She rose to become High Master, whereupon – per Kolinahr tradition, requiring the severing of emotional ties – her marriage to Sarek was annulled, explaining why Amanda is considered his "first" wife.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    XoiikuXoiiku ✭✭✭✭
    Any chance this event will experiment with a potentially more logical event reward structure?

Perhaps something like Threshold:Crew and Ranked:Honor?
    k7m516st6avp.jpg

This is not a logical reward structure for this event. Neelix and Pulaski are not event crew for this event.

That image is just a mockup of the Threshold:Crew and Ranked:Honor event reward structure. Please see the linked post for details.
    We are all downstream from each other and ourselves, therefore choose to be relaxed and groovy.
    Consider participating in civil discourse, understanding the Tardigrade, and wandering with the Subspace Eddies.
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romulan mega-event = NO romulan

And still no Archer and he had a Surak's KATRA!!!!!!!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romulan mega-event = NO romulan

And still no Archer and he had a Surak's KATRA!!!!!!!

It was teased as “Vulcan/Romulan”. Given that non-alphabetical ordering of traits, along with the number of cards in their respective Collections, I am curious as to why you thought the focus for the first of 4 events would be Romulan. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least there is an existing crew.

Thanks for the info Shan.

Who will be {judging by this week} the Threshold, instead of the new Crew......

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

Scott

McCoy, please...
  • Options
    3* Saavik is from TWOK, specifically from the scenes on the Regula I space station. Do we really need her as a 4*?

• Options
    Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    3* Saavik is from TWOK, specifically from the scenes on the Regula I space station. Do we really need her as a 4*?

Yes, absolutely we do. 3* hardly count, I’d like a version of Saavik that I can use for things aside from cadet missions.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

Scott

I wouldn’t go by this week, after reading @Travis S McClain ’s thread on the topic of new vs. existing:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4205/ranks-thresholds-existing-crew-and-new-crew#latest

🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

Yes, absolutely we do. 3* hardly count, I’d like a version of Saavik that I can use for things aside from cadet missions.

Most 3* hardly count. She does. She fills science and command in all the cadet missions but one with guaranteed passing.

Edit: I like her character and would be happy with a 4* as well.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have so many vulcans already, I hope we get more romulans the rest of the event month. It is weird thta the first week of the vulcan/romulan event month has two vulcans and two humans but no romulans. I wonder what Kolinahr Spock and his mother's stats will be. Diplomacy likely but what else?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭

Most 3* hardly count. She does. She fills science and command in all the cadet missions but one with guaranteed passing.

Guaranteed passing all of them with the right Starbase bonuses, as well. (:
  • Options
    On one hand, I love the idea of a bunch more Romulans. On the other, they are so hard to level because of stupid game design decisions that DB refuses to fix. I imagine if we had multiple Romulans to level at one time, people would complain.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, red uniform version. And I don’t use 3* Saavik either. After passing all the cadet nodes, all but 5 three stars have gone to the freezer, never to return. Also all but 5 two and one stars as well. It was very liberating to get them off the roster. I was dangerously close to having to actually buy crew slots

• Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: Father of Logic
    Event Type: Faction Event
    Event Crew: Kolinahr Spock 5* (New), Amanda Grayson 4* (New) and Katra McCoy 4* (existing)
    Event Dates: Thursday 04/05 until Monday 04/09

IN this most recent event, I want to THANK YOU for making Agent Harris a crewman who was attainable outside of the top 3000 players. It helped me close him out. I hope you’ll do the same for Katra McCoy! :smiley:
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

Scott

I wouldn’t go by this week, after reading @Travis S McClain ’s thread on the topic of new vs. existing:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4205/ranks-thresholds-existing-crew-and-new-crew#latest

🖖🏻

The recent trend has favored New Crew in Thresholds, but it's also worth noting that mega-events tend to be their own thing. Only two of the five mega-events to date ("The Process of Assimilation" and "Discovery: A New Anomaly") followed that schema. In the other three, including the last two ("Smoke & Mirrors" and "Ghosts of the Past"), new crew were rank rewards and the thresholds featured existing.

So far, each mega-event has stuck to one schema throughout (i.e., in all events with one new and one existing, they were all in the same parts of the rewards table). Wherever Katra McCoy is placed next week should theoretically indicate what to expect for the rest of the month.

Theoretically.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Scott

McCoy, please...

Im betting the opposite in an effort of DB to sell packs since Faction only gives 3/4 of the threshold
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, red uniform version. And I don’t use 3* Saavik either. After passing all the cadet nodes, all but 5 three stars have gone to the freezer, never to return. Also all but 5 two and one stars as well. It was very liberating to get them off the roster. I was dangerously close to having to actually buy crew slots

Kinda want other uniform, not crazy Scientologist, Search for Spock Saavik.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

Saavik is great. I use her for command and science.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭

Kinda want other uniform, not crazy Scientologist, Search for Spock Saavik.

Say what you will about Kirstie Alley, but she was SOOOOO hot in Star Trek II.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan
    Will this event's Amanda Grayson count as "small" bonus crew for the remainder of the event?

In the past, new characters introduced during a mega event usually count as event characters for the remainder. The only exception to this that I know of is the Scottie from the most recent mega event.

As she is neither Vulcan or Romulan, I would expect that this is also the case for Amanda Grayson.