Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Butchers of Beta Penthe - 05/17

Comments

• GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, I appreciate what they tried to do in separating the traits into Terran Empire and KCA, but it might be a better idea just to go back to putting them all under "Mirror Universe" trait. The terran empire people can keep their starfleet traits.

What's with "go back to..."? The Mirror Universe trait still exists and applies to all MU characters. The Terran Empire and KCA merit being tagged just as the other factions in the game are tagged (with the exception of the two Ferengi factions). Why erase their distinction just because they share a universe?

The only murky area are the DS9-era Terrans, whose empire had been canonically defeated. Back on the old forum, some of us lobbied for the introduction of a Terran Rebellion tag for these characters, but that didn't go anywhere. Then "Broken Mirror" and its convoluted playing with continuity was formally added to Timelines. It's not ideal, but I can see the rationale for consolidating those DS9-era Terrans into the Terran Empire in light of "Broken Mirror" making the claim the empire still existed.

They used to classify all of them together before the mega-event. And then there were just too many characters, so they specified them by faction. Which is fine. Except for next week when I can't use my Mirror Smiley as a bonus engineer because he's not classed as Terran Empire, but somehow Mirror Jadzia is. Smiley was literally the leader of the resistance!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, I appreciate what they tried to do in separating the traits into Terran Empire and KCA, but it might be a better idea just to go back to putting them all under "Mirror Universe" trait. The terran empire people can keep their starfleet traits.

What's with "go back to..."? The Mirror Universe trait still exists and applies to all MU characters. The Terran Empire and KCA merit being tagged just as the other factions in the game are tagged (with the exception of the two Ferengi factions). Why erase their distinction just because they share a universe?

The only murky area are the DS9-era Terrans, whose empire had been canonically defeated. Back on the old forum, some of us lobbied for the introduction of a Terran Rebellion tag for these characters, but that didn't go anywhere. Then "Broken Mirror" and its convoluted playing with continuity was formally added to Timelines. It's not ideal, but I can see the rationale for consolidating those DS9-era Terrans into the Terran Empire in light of "Broken Mirror" making the claim the empire still existed.

They used to classify all of them together before the mega-event. And then there were just too many characters, so they specified them by faction. Which is fine. Except for next week when I can't use my Mirror Smiley as a bonus engineer because he's not classed as Terran Empire, but somehow Mirror Jadzia is. Smiley was literally the leader of the resistance!

So we need to petition @Shan to ask them to adjust him in the next Tuesday update.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siblin wrote: »
    I’m hoping the discovery boycott brigade stick to their guns and leave Captain Killy for those of us who would love a bit of wiseman in their roster!

The Discovery Debbie Downers™ will probably only threshold and out with Kes or Ardra, whoever the threshold is. And the diehard TNG-and-nothing-else folks will probably skip the event as well if Ardra isn't the threshold, because "eww Voyager" or "Kes? Yawn." or some other silliness.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siblin wrote: »
    I’m hoping the discovery boycott brigade stick to their guns and leave Captain Killy for those of us who would love a bit of wiseman in their roster!

The Discovery Debbie Downers™ will probably only threshold and out with Kes or Ardra, whoever the threshold is. And the diehard TNG-and-nothing-else folks will probably skip the event as well if Ardra isn't the threshold, because "eww Voyager" or "Kes? Yawn." or some other silliness.

Unless they compete just for the sheer joy of airlocking people so hated, instead of allowing others the joy of getting crew they love.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Just in case anyone is interested this is what Kes looks like now.

vl4d51dhhuup.jpg
  • What episode is this Kes version from?
  • Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    What episode is this Kes version from?

Warlord. Season 3. The season that proved that they knew how to write stories for her just before they axed her for apparently not knowing how to write for her.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She was axed because of Jeri Ryan. They didn't want to pay for an additional actress.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killy Tilly at last. Well done DB
    5* Killy Tilly, excellent, give her 3 skills and shes mine.

Killy Tilly in a faction event, very naughty of you DB, I won't get her.
    tenor.gif

I feel like just giving up now, and just sending you my credit card details.
    This event is going to be expensive.
  • Siblin wrote: »
    Just in case anyone is interested this is what Kes looks like now.

vl4d51dhhuup.jpg

Technically that’s what Jennifer Lien looks like now. Kes probably looks like some whispy energy or something.

Oh really there isn't a real person named Kes????? I'm so glad you're here to tell me that's REALLY "Jennifer Lien" and not the REAL Ocompa Kes.
  • Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    She was axed because of Jeri Ryan. They didn't want to pay for an additional actress.

It was the 'official' excuse given by Paramount that Kes was too hard to write for and Seven opened up far more opportunities. What the real reason was, well we all have our theories.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked Chakotay and thought he was a great balance to Janeway in later seasons. It is true he was under utilized but so was Tuvok. Harry and Tom took up way too much screen time, especially Tom. I liked the Kes character but I had heard the actress was difficult to work with. Whatever reason it doesnt take away from her good character on the show.
    Let’s fly!
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't unfreeze any of my Kessies for this event, I got nuff Klinguns and Terran Umpires. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Finally a 4* Kes, after this sooner rather than later lets have the Archer events, a starship captain and THE Coalition of Planets Founder to boot. Who do we want ? Archer !!! When do we want him? As soon as possible !!!
  • The only thing keeping Kes/Jennifer ON the rails was Neelix. Once he left the picture with another women it was all downhill.
  • KantKant ✭✭✭
    Just in case anyone is interested this is what Kes looks like now.

vl4d51dhhuup.jpg

Well, while you are correct, it is not really fair to make fun of the fact that somebody went off the rails after her role on Voyager. It can happen to anyone in the world. Kes was a welcome addition, and got an even better send off the show. You never know how life will treat you...

I fully agree with you, Captain
  • Well to go on the opposite of - the shouldn't have terran empire trait *** Spoilers Ahead***

Captain Lorca really should given how that all went down - and Discovery Lorca was never in the end Prime Lorca

• barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to unfreeze Pirate Janeway and friends. And level up some of those Klingons who have been hanging around.
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to unfreeze Pirate Janeway and friends. And level up some of those Klingons who have been hanging around.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been working on a bunch of 4* Klingons. Npt fun when they all need the same items. So much bloodwine....
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do I get a Free Killy Tilly for doing the artwork MONTHS ago? ;)

r6hjbybb9gnb.jpg

Cmd/Eng/Sec would be nice too...... :smiley:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    ...crew with the Klingon trait...

Stupid question, probably, but can I safely assume that crew with the KCA trait but not the Klingon race trait are ineligible for the bonus?
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elynduil wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    ...crew with the Klingon trait...

Stupid question, probably, but can I safely assume that crew with the KCA trait but not the Klingon race trait are ineligible for the bonus?

That's how it has been in the past. The one that seems to come up most often is Mirror Garak. He lacks the "Klingon" trait (which Mirror Itendant Kira, curiously, has).

Wiki:
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Mirror_Intendant_Kira
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Mirror_Garak
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭

I've been working on a bunch of 4* Klingons. Npt fun when they all need the same items. So much bloodwine....

Perhaps the Terrans can bring it over for the event, seeing as the regular Klingons don't seem to have any.