Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Butchers of Beta Penthe - 05/17

Comments

• P-RexP-Rex ✭✭
    i just found a reason to level up 2* Tilly: I can replace Picard & Seska in my cadet set. That's an extra crew space...

I have no clue who else is in your academy line up, but i can think of one thing Seska has over Tilly that would make me hesitate over that choice, Seska is Alien. Tilly is human. Might not be an issue, if you favour another engineer on non human day. But thought i'd point it out, just in case.
  • P-RexP-Rex ✭✭
    P-Rex wrote: »
    i just found a reason to level up 2* Tilly: I can replace Picard & Seska in my cadet set. That's an extra crew space...

I have no clue who else is in your academy line up, but i can think of one thing Seska has over Tilly that would make me hesitate over that choice, Seska is Alien. Tilly is human. Might not be an issue, if you favour another engineer on non human day. But thought i'd point it out, just in case.

Tilly identifies as Orion.....

Scott

Lol. She can identify as an Orion all she wants too, it'll be just the same as Burnham identifying as Vulcan. It didn't make her any use on non human day either! :smiley:
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Killy seems to definitely be very blonde, as shown in the one and only picture we have from Disco, but one could argue red roots coming through on top? She needed a trip to the hair stylist before this photo was taken. LOL

ots8hcidmdje.jpg

Maybe Killy dyed it Red, to pretend to be Prime Tilly...
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    With good starbase Dax is all that you need for Dip.

While Seska is Female Sec and Alien Eng.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NivenFres wrote: »
    Killy seems to definitely be very blonde, as shown in the one and only picture we have from Disco, but one could argue red roots coming through on top? She needed a trip to the hair stylist before this photo was taken. LOL

ots8hcidmdje.jpg

Maybe Killy dyed it Red, to pretend to be Prime Tilly...

r6or3wh87h9p.png
  • sharqubussharqubus ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Is Killy giving the right bonus? I've had two shuttles fail so far and both had her on them (she was in a com slot on both, so it's not me biffing the AND slot bug).

Edit: mine's a 3/5 FE so it's not like I should've used gunshow Picard instead of her either. I hope it was a fluke, I'm sharing her with my squad.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Scott

Lol. She can identify as an Orion all she wants too, it'll be just the same as Burnham identifying as Vulcan. It didn't make her any use on non human day either! :smiley:

Actually that is a bad example. She originally DID count {perhaps because of reasons?} and then suddenly she did not......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharqubus wrote: »
    Is Killy giving the right bonus? I've had two shuttles fail so far and both had her on them (she was in a com slot on both, so it's not me biffing the AND slot bug).

Edit: mine's a 3/5 FE so it's not like I should've used gunshow Picard instead of her either. I hope it was a fluke, I'm sharing her with my squad.

My squad leader is sharing his and she's giving bonuses all over the place.

Might just be bad luck :(
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • My squad leader is sharing his and she's giving bonuses all over the place.

Might just be bad luck :(

I haven't had any fails since those two and I'm in higher point missions now so it must have just been a fluke *shrug* ...the kind of fluke that meant I needed more missions to get to 4000vp of course, lol (I'm still not there yet)
  • Ambrosius77Ambrosius77 ✭✭✭
    AND skill event missions are still buggy so when CMD is secondary skill then event crew is total useless (only 1/4th of skill count)
  • P-RexP-Rex ✭✭

Scott

Actually that is a bad example. She originally DID count {perhaps because of reasons?} and then suddenly she did not......

So wouldn't that make it a good example then? After all the post that Joker made and i was talking to, was talking about replacing Seska with an engineer he won't be able to use on Tuesdays. And that would mean he had an engineer he could use, and then an engineer he could not use? Which was kind of the point i was making.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drat! I need to clear at least 3 more crew slots this week?! And how many more before the end of the month? Argh!!

Actually
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Seska is needed for TUF. She's also my female SEC for ACF because I never, ever do ACF on Epic.

The only reason you need to level Tilly is she'll contribute to achievements and collections. This also includes future-proofing your roster.

T'Pol replaced my Picard and Jadzia Dax. And it seems that even Leeta could be frozen.
  • S31 wrote: »
    Drat! I need to clear at least 3 more crew slots this week?! And how many more before the end of the month? Argh!!

Actually
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Seska is needed for TUF. She's also my female SEC for ACF because I never, ever do ACF on Epic.

The only reason you need to level Tilly is she'll contribute to achievements and collections. This also includes future-proofing your roster.

T'Pol replaced my Picard and Jadzia Dax. And it seems that even Leeta could be frozen.

I've had Picard and Leeta frozen for months. Haven't missed them. I use Dax instead of T'Pol but either works equally well.
  • SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    Dear DB, since AND missions are bugged, It doesn't help to have all the missions practically be security AND other skills when the event crew mostly has cmd primary. Lot of fails coming.

Can someone explain the “AND” bug to me? I just had two 99% missions fail on me so I’d like to avoid it happening to me!

• [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siblin wrote: »
    Dear DB, since AND missions are bugged, It doesn't help to have all the missions practically be security AND other skills when the event crew mostly has cmd primary. Lot of fails coming.

Can someone explain the “AND” bug to me? I just had two 99% missions fail on me so I’d like to avoid it happening to me!

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5097/edit-final-results-2nd-experiment-results-and-shuttles-are-absolutely-bugged/p1
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siblin wrote: »

If a slot is A and B, the UI shows success based on max(A,B) + 25% min(A,B). The server calculates success as A + 25% B.

If your crew only has the B skill, you will think you're getting full score, but only get 25%. If the A skill is low and the B skill is high, then you will only get 25% of the B skill and the full(lower) A skill.

As an example, there is a MED + SEC and a SEC + MED slot in the shuttles. If you put Mirror Phlox there, the UI will show the same success rate for both. In reality MED + SEC = 802 + .25*532 = 935 while SEC + MED = 532 + .25*802 = 732. You will have a higher success on the MED + SEC mission.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all the Tilly/Killy redhead/blonde talk, there's something about the other variant I wanted to bring up. I was disappointed that the artwork for Off Duty Tilly was done in a different style — perhaps it was farmed out to a freelance artist rather than one of your staff folks — but it looks out of place to me. It's very comic-booky, cartoonish in a way... not embodying the more realistic style that we have gotten used to.
    lcijfo9mycs1.jpg

It's not a bad drawing, by any means, it's just not the style of most of the rest of the STT crew artwork, and so it stands out.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    With all the Tilly/Killy redhead/blonde talk, there's something about the other variant I wanted to bring up. I was disappointed that the artwork for Off Duty Tilly was done in a different style — perhaps it was farmed out to a freelance artist rather than one of your staff folks — but it looks out of place to me. It's very comic-booky, cartoonish in a way... not embodying the more realistic style that we have gotten used to.
    lcijfo9mycs1.jpg

It's not a bad drawing, by any means, it's just not the style of most of the rest of the STT crew artwork, and so it stands out.

I noticed that too. It’s in the style of T’Mir

• JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I was disappointed that the artwork for Off Duty Tilly was done in a different style. It's not a bad drawing, by any means, it's just not the style of most of the rest of the STT crew artwork, and so it stands out.

Fully agree. And while taken from a not too optimal shot it neither reflects Tilly or the real Mary Wiseman whom I had the pleasure to see at the Star Trek Destination in april (she and Mary Chieffo cracked the audience up well with their funny ways, while Terry Farrell was as sweet as one would imagine and so happy and proud about her marriage with Adam Nimoy). All in all the art definitely improved again over the last months though...

• Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The head's a bit big, jawline a little too wide and pronounced, and the face a touch too long. And maybe a shade or two darker blue on the shirt.

That said, it's delightful to have Disco Tilly on board!

fnhdkr3edyb3.png

Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a separate note, I see people are grinding hard on these Faction missions for a shot at Killy. I ran a successful Kick Start, and have only failed a few subsequent missions in 4 shuttles, running a tight schedule, but already I'm far outside the top 1K.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I guess next one is Disco Burney (blue quality)? :) Also, where's the Athlete trait for Tilly? She's clearly running. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    is it me or are the builds for some of off duty tilly a bit overkill, number of items seems a bit excessive, and furs for jogger outfits?
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    is it me or are the builds for some of off duty tilly a bit overkill, number of items seems a bit excessive, and furs for jogger outfits?
    She's not the worst 2*.
    Just 3rd worst 2*.
  • ApaggApagg ✭✭✭
    argh, having the worst luck with shuttles at the moment
  • AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    Tills is one of the highest 2* cadets in terms of skills. Too bad she doesn't have that alien trait. I'd kind of like to let Seska rest lol.

She was cool to have and I like the art. But she was one straight for the freezer for me, so sad ;-)

Seska will have to stay a bit longer. I suspect this is her doing, of course...