Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Butchers of Beta Penthe - 05/17

Comments

• Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Pulled a lousy Ardra (Already Immortalised) and a few 3* and schems. worst pull I have had in a long time.

930svsgy2yne.png

Also, has anyone read the intro to the event? Why would Killy work with NON Terran Aliens? I am looking forward to seeing how DB pulls that off...
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • CeragolCeragol ✭✭
    WTF?
    this isn't Captain Killy !!!
    Tilly = red
    Killy = blond
    its just a disguised Tilly... maybe the guy who made this picture shut have a lock in discovery.
    so please rename the Char or make a new picture, this isn't a little mistake, its a gamechanger.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 pulls myself, 2 Ardra (2nd/3rd*)
    1 Kes. (Last pull was Kes)
    3 beholds between the last two pulls
    1 full house
    1 useful princess dax (4th* immortalized now)
    1 useful warship Janeway.(3rd *)

Wife two pulls
    1 Ardra (4th star)
    1 Kes (1st*)

• What about those who want the Witch of Wurna Minor to succeed? Cant we have a choice?

And to be obnoxious, I object to the continued over use of the term witch in a negative context.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Neems wrote: »
    I just opened the best pack I've ever opened. Could barely believe it as they popped.

w9dcx4dxebau.png
    Wow Neems! You put my amazing pull to shame. Congrats! This was my best of 9 packs I did. With 9 packs I got 3 Killy, 3 Kes, 3 Ardra, a wild west Troi, a Tuxedo Bashir and a couple random super rares. wbknxpq0hui2.png

Let’s fly!
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    A long awaited Kes, a not-as-long awaited Killy, and a Disco-shirt cadet. What's not to like?
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    A long awaited Kes, a not-as-long awaited Killy, and a Disco-shirt cadet. What's not to like?

The prospect that I won't make the top 1000! :P Don't undersell Temporal Shift Kes, either, who can be pretty helpful on the weekends--especially for newer players still building their rosters. Fair warning, though, she's rough to equip.
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    I picked up three packs, 2 Ardras and a Kes.

I also got two begolds, picking up a 5th star for Kortar and a 3rd for Dark Ages Mccoy.

• Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also got two Ardras and a Kes. No beholds though. I have rotton luck getting beholds in event packs.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about those who want the Witch of Wurna Minor to succeed? Cant we have a choice?

And to be obnoxious, I object to the continued over use of the term witch in a negative context.

In Terran Empire context it was a compliment, she was super tough and powerful.
    Let’s fly!
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't Kes have the nurse trait?
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Neems wrote: »
    I just opened the best pack I've ever opened. Could barely believe it as they popped.

w9dcx4dxebau.png

Thats an amazing pull! Congrats! Super jealous :p
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ceragol wrote: »
    this isn't Captain Killy !!!
    Tilly = red
    Killy = blond
    its just a disguised Tilly... maybe the guy who made this picture shut have a lock in discovery.
    so please rename the Char or make a new picture, this isn't a little mistake, its a gamechanger.

I'm really surprised I didn't notice this until you brought it up, but yes, her hair is definitely redder than it should be. On the show, it was noticeably lighter, a strawberry blonde like the first pic below. In the third pic, you can still see some red in there... however, the artist who did this artwork really didn't change her hair color much from the other variants of her, while to anyone who watched the show it was an obvious difference. Perhaps they saw a reference photo where it had that tinge of red, like #3 below, and they just assumed there was no difference from Tilly's normal color other than it being straight rather than curly. (I don't agree that it's a "gamechanger", but it is very wrong.)

32xno2ugcn0y.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭

3o3r25vykm76.gif
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    HaBlack wrote: »
    3o3r25vykm76.gif

Edit: I decided this this does actually need spoiler code (for anyone not caught up with DSC), after learning exactly who this card is portraying...
    [Adding this note to the edit: as I mentioned in a post below, the STT crew known as "Captain Killy" is not the character in the clip above, but the actual mirror universe version of her, which we never saw]

Yes, but that was before they changed her hair to look like Killy. There was a scene following that where Tilly was looking at her new, straight blonde locks and said something like, "Well, my mother would be happy."

• SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭

Also, has anyone read the intro to the event? Why would Killy work with NON Terran Aliens? I am looking forward to seeing how DB pulls that off...

Same reason Georgiou and Lorca did? to serve their own purposes?
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siblin wrote: »

Same reason Georgiou and Lorca did? to serve their own purposes?

Yeah, makes perfect sense to me. Also, after reading that event synopsis, it's clear that this Captain Killy is...
    [spoilers ahead for those who haven't caught up with Discovery]
    ...not the same Killy as who we saw on the show. This is not shy, socially awkward Sylvia Tilly masquerading as The Slayer of Sorna Prime. This is the real, Terran version of Killy, who we never saw — at least not so far. Not sure if that technically makes her non-canon, since she hasn't actually appeared on screen, but it's a small technicality at best, I suppose.

• CeragolCeragol ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Data1001 wrote: »
    (I don't agree that it's a "gamechanger", but it is very wrong.)
    it is a total gamechanger !
    then its a "Disguised Tilly", but they offert "Captain Killy"
    that are two different persons o:)>:)

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Again, some spoiler code for the benefit of people who haven't caught up on DSC...
    But they both had the same blonde hair, so it's not "Disguised Tilly", it's just blatantly incorrect. Obviously if Burnham et al. were trying to fool Terrans who knew the mirror universe "Killy", they would not have given Tilly a different hair color than her mirror universe counterpart had. So either way, her hair should be blonde, not red—and therefore renaming the character would be completely moot.

• Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Killy seems to definitely be very blonde, as shown in the one and only picture we have from Disco, but one could argue red roots coming through on top? She needed a trip to the hair stylist before this photo was taken. LOL

ots8hcidmdje.jpg
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭

Again, some spoiler code for the benefit of people who haven't caught up on DSC...
    But they both had the same blonde hair, so it's not "Disguised Tilly", it's just blatantly incorrect. Obviously if Burnham et al. were trying to fool Terrans who knew the mirror universe "Killy", they would not have given Tilly a different hair color than her mirror universe counterpart had. So either way, her hair should be blonde, not red—and therefore renaming the character would be completely moot.

Also this is in-line with what they did for other Mirror characters.

Mirror Kirk isn't Prime Kirk in disguise, it's the actual Mirror Kirk in his Terran uniform, despite the fact that we never saw that in the episode. Same goes for Mirror Uhura.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Mirror Kirk isn't Prime Kirk in disguise, it's the actual Mirror Kirk in his Terran uniform, despite the fact that we never saw that in the episode. Same goes for Mirror Uhura.

Actually I believe briefly you see Mirror Kirk, but he's in disguise as Prime Kirk in the Prime universe, as he and his cohorts are being dragged off to the brig as well as being questioned by Spock.
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Actually I believe briefly you see Mirror Kirk, but he's in disguise as Prime Kirk in the Prime universe, as he and his cohorts are being dragged off to the brig as well as being questioned by Spock.

Yes, you do. That's why I specifically said "Mirror Kirk in his Terran uniform". :)

We never see him as he's picture in the game.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor

Yes, you do. That's why I specifically said "Mirror Kirk in his Terran uniform". :)

What a difference a lil word makes, "that" vs "him".
    edited May 2018

Well "that" is a little more applicable since I'm describing a situation (ie "Mirror Kirk in his Terran uniform") and not just a person (ie "Mirror Kirk"). But both would work.

:)

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • [NDQ] Joker41NAM[NDQ] Joker41NAM ✭✭✭✭
    i just found a reason to level up 2* Tilly: I can replace Picard & Seska in my cadet set. That's an extra crew space...
    edited May 2018

Well "that" is a little more applicable since I'm describing a situation (ie "Mirror Kirk in his Terran uniform") and not just a person (ie "Mirror Kirk"). But both would work.

:)

I read it as him even though it was that. Him would mean the character, that would mean the character in that uniform. At least that's what my inner English teacher (who is annoyed that I misread) is telling me.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Dear DB, since AND missions are bugged, It doesn't help to have all the missions practically be security AND other skills when the event crew mostly has cmd primary. Lot of fails coming.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just found a reason to level up 2* Tilly: I can replace Picard & Seska in my cadet set. That's an extra crew space...

Seska is needed for TUF. She's also my female SEC for ACF because I never, ever do ACF on Epic.

The only reason you need to level Tilly is she'll contribute to achievements and collections. This also includes future-proofing your roster.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals