Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Catching Fire - First Skirmish Event - 05/31 Q/A Edit

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in The Bridge
Event Name: Catching Fire
Event Type: Skirmish Event
Event Crew: Enemy Lines Sisko 5* (New), Roga Danar 4* (New) and Young Khan 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 05/31 until Monday 06/04

Mega Event recurrent featured crew: Bell Riots Bashir 5* (New)

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew and Bell Riots Bashir
• small bonus: variants of Benjamin Sisko, variants of Khan, and crew with the Augment trait.

Bonus ships:
• Miranda Class 2* (New)
• U.S.S. Defiant 4* (existing)
• U.S.S. Reliant 5* (New)

Don't forget to check our blog post related to Skirmishes for details about this new event type.

Some Q/A:

- Will crew in assigned to Voyages/Shuttles be locked out for Skirmishes: No
- What kind of bonus do bonus crew provide: bonus crew that have a matching traitwill increase VP gain and, at the end of a battle, will enhance repair if you choose to repair, or enhance rewards if that is the option chosen.
- Will trait bonus/crew bonus stack: No. If you use multiple bonus crew, only the highest bonus will be taken into account. Edited: removed the notion of trait as it is included in the concept of bonus crew, when an event includes crew with a specific trait.
- What kind of bonus do featured ships provide: From our blog post "Different featured ships will give hull bonuses during each event, so choose your ship wisely. "

Important distinction for bonus crew: each battle in a Skirmish has its own traits to match, bonus crew provide a better trait match bonus. (Similarly to a Galaxy Event when building an event item)

Comments

• ApaggApagg ✭✭✭
    Safe to assume event packs will be geared towards dropping event schematics rather than random ones?
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the much-desired Sisko is a 5*? Time to practice my whack-a-mole then.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    I want Roga Danar, but I'm hesitant about the new event type. We'll see how this goes, but I look forward to the recurring Darth Bashir.
  • arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    Apagg wrote: »
    Safe to assume event packs will be geared towards dropping event schematics rather than random ones?

Based on the video they posted I think you'll have character event packs and ship event packs as separate packs.
  • NemoTheBlueNemoTheBlue ✭✭✭
    Is this Sisko from "Rocks and Shoals", literally the very next episode after "A Time to Stand" which gave us the existing 5* Captain Sisko? How much can his stats have changed in a few days?
  • Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Interested to see how threshold rewards will be structured. Assuming also there is no crew sharing or anything like that with this new event.
  • Was really looking forward to a DS9 themed Mega event. Instead we get a TOS event with Sisko and a random TNG crew. Way to give the people what they voted for :(
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see how this all plays out. Like the inclusion of the "bonus ships" section.
  • @Shan , was the question answered about DS9 bonus crew? Website announcement said DS9 crew provide small bonus
    Is this Sisko from "Rocks and Shoals", literally the very next episode after "A Time to Stand" which gave us the existing 5* Captain Sisko? How much can his stats have changed in a few days?

Let's see how your stats vary between captaining a ship and being stranded on an alien planet after a rough crash-landing.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was really looking forward to a DS9 themed Mega event. Instead we get a TOS event with Sisko and a random TNG crew. Way to give the people what they voted for :(

I guess ignoring half of the mega theme has become the new thing,

Too many Disco crew in this Andorian mega.
    Too many Vulcans in this Romulan mega.
    Too many Augments in this DS9 mega.
  • Dralix wrote: »
    Was really looking forward to a DS9 themed Mega event. Instead we get a TOS event with Sisko and a random TNG crew. Way to give the people what they voted for :(

I guess ignoring half of the mega theme has become the new thing,

Too many Disco crew in this Andorian mega.
    Too many Vulcans in this Romulan mega.
    Too many Augments in this DS9 mega.

Roga Danar isnt even a legit augment.
  • Elynduil wrote: »

Let's see how your stats vary between captaining a ship and being stranded on an alien planet after a rough crash-landing.

Adrenalin-fueled stat boost. ;)

Also, I think it might be a tad early to start complaining about the theme being ignored. The theme is DS9 AND Augments. The first week gives us two DS9 main cast and two augmented characters. I know DB gets their AND slots confused sometimes, but for now, it seems like a decent split.

Bashir hardly counts as he is the recurring character. And it's a Skirmish event so they introduce ships themed around Khan. With all the amazing ships that docked at DS9 they give us an antique and a generic version of that antique to kick off the event. And an Andosian...ummm
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan , was the question answered about DS9 bonus crew? Website announcement said DS9 crew provide small bonus

Not all DS9 crew will provide a bonus, it will depend if they are event crew or variants of event crew.
    Each week during the Mega-Event, players can have a higher chance of success in events by using Augment and featured event crew, all of whom will receive event bonuses.
  • dmppghaz2jms.jpg

U.S.S. Defiant is 4* currently or do you mean the Defiant Class ship 3*? Clarify pls thank you.
  • They're already corrected original text to 4* , thank you.
  • Looking forward to see how this pans out.

Even the inevitable bugs will be a nice change from what was starting to get dangerously close to tedium.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nero84 wrote: »
    Interested to see how threshold rewards will be structured. Assuming also there is no crew sharing or anything like that with this new event.

I second that:

So what will the reward structure look like?

1. Will there be Community Rewards like there are for Galaxy events?

2. Will ship schematics be a part of the reward structure? (e.g. instead of the standard 2* crew and their equipment - I mean, most of us will be airlocking the 2* Sisko anyway)

3. Will we be able to FF a crew without buying an event pack? (great for use f2p types).
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Shan wrote: »
    Not all DS9 crew will provide a bonus, it will depend if they are event crew or variants of event crew.

I think it would have been a nice balance if you threw in one or two extra characters just for bonuses every week. Like, for the first week, it could have been "variants of the Sisko family", instead of just "variants of Benjamin Sisko".

That way, you could have had most of the notable characters from DS9 being bonus crew for at least one weekend during the mega, even if they don't make it to the featured list. All of them, every week, would have been too much. But as it stands, it seems many of them will miss out completely.
  • pbertpbert ✭✭✭
    furyd wrote: »
    Roga Danar isnt even a legit augment.

I'd argue otherwise, he's not an augmented human, but he's been augmented.

Assimilated characters are both Borg and their species, so Augmented ones should be Augment plus their species.

Well, he is an augment, but I think the point is that he's not an Augment (the established in-game faction of augmented humans). People voted for Augments, and after the player frustration from the Romulan event they maybe should have started with a new Augment to relieve some of that tension.

That said, I think we should hold judgement on the mega-event since this is a decent start. The recurring 5* is the obvious DS9/Augment link, and the first event has one new DS9 card, one existing Augment, and a character who fits into the narrative of Augments vs. DS9 pretty well.

What? The mega-event is DS9/Augments.

This event features all Augment and/or DS9 crew.

Both aspects of the event are being fairly represented.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • [NDQ] Joker41NAM[NDQ] Joker41NAM ✭✭✭✭
    @Shan
    My question on Skirmish: Will crew who are out on Voyages/Shuttles be eligible for use in a Skirmish fight, like they are in normal ship missions/arena?