Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Catching Fire - First Skirmish Event - 05/31 Q/A Edit

Comments

• More 4* Augments will be useful for several players as the Augment collection is predominantly 5*.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we know yet if this skirmish event type gives 3 or 4 copies of the threshold super-rare?
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we know yet if this skirmish event type gives 3 or 4 copies of the threshold super-rare?

I don’t recall seeing anything about rewards (thresholds, community, etc.) as of yet. We may have to wait until Wednesday to get an idea. I’m wondering if there will be schematics somewhere in the rewards or if they’ll be “pack only”.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t recall seeing anything about rewards (thresholds, community, etc.) as of yet. We may have to wait until Wednesday to get an idea. I’m wondering if there will be schematics somewhere in the rewards or if they’ll be “pack only”.

That’s a great question

• JassadaJassada ✭✭✭
    Will there be crew sharing or even ship sharing for this?
  • Maybe this has already been answered, and if so I apologize, but...

I know the fuel for skirmishes won't stick around from one event to the next, but will it stick around from one round to the next? That is, if I have 1600 fuel in the first half of the event and never spend it, will I still have it i the second half (in addition to whatever base fuel we would get for the second half)?
  • We have 6, soon to be 7 Bashirs......but only 1 female (2*) Augment.....maybe this could change during this event, I see 2 possibilities here............... HINT HINT
    rbvafcdljtcf.jpg

I see them as well ;)

nd8fwn3r1dsi.jpg

The 2 right in this photo, oh yeah...
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elynduil wrote: »
    Do we think "variants of Bashir" will be bonus crew at any point during the mega, or am I wasting my time leveling Changeling Bashir?

Changeling Bashir's skillset makes him worth leveling, regardless of variant-worthiness. He is always out on a shuttle or voyage for me, FWIW.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • edited May 2018
    Was really looking forward to a DS9 themed Mega event. Instead we get a TOS event with Sisko and a random TNG crew. Way to give the people what they voted for :(

Um...what are you talking about? There's no TOS crew in this event (unless you are complaining about Khan as an Augment??) ...but Sisko is DS9....

PEOPLE VOTED FOR DS9 AND AUGMENTS, THAT'S WHAT WE GOT!!
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Young Khan would be TOS.
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Young Khan would be TOS.

TOS and Augment. Everyone has multiple traits.
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    Starting to feel like people expect it to be "Augments from DS9"...
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭

I expected each event to feature both DS9 crew and augments. I hope we get a new Kira during this mega. Perhaps a really pregnant one lol.
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭

That is a good point. I can see how some might have thought that. Personally, I treat them as independent variables.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

Like the recurring character, Bashir?
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certain people just aren't going to be happy with anything. It's just their nature. Let's just hope for good characters with good art, and enjoy the ride.

Thank you DB for that awesome Sisko art. Please let him have stats to match!
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They probably expected something like this:

Recurring 5-star: Bell Riots Bashir
    Week one: Chula Figurine Bashir (5-star), Dominion Captive Bashir (new 4-star), RAF Julian Bashir (existing 4-star)
    Week two: Combat Medic Bashir (5-star), Coma Bashir (new 4-star), Promenade Bashir (new 4-star)
    Week three: Cyberneticist Julian Bashir (5-star), Section 31 Prisoner Bashir (new 4-star), Changeling Bashir (existing 4-star)
    Week four: Away Team Bashir (5-star), Long-term Medical Holographic Program Test Program 1 (new 4-star), Pajamas Bashir (new 4-star)

Ha! Yes there already aren’t enough Bashir variants

• [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm grateful because there's a chance of med and sci skills in the recurring rather than com/sec/dip or whatever Roga Danar will most likely have.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • HomeboyHomeboy ✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    I'm a little lost on how next week's event ignore anything about the mega though.
    Sisko = DS9
    Roga = Augment
    Khan = Augment
    Bashir = DS9 & Augment

Yes, that was my point exactly.

You have no point. This is DS9 & Augments theme chosen by players. There was no romulan event, there was vulcan and romulan event. You are just whining.
  • HomeboyHomeboy ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Dralix wrote: »
    I'm a little lost on how next week's event ignore anything about the mega though.
    Sisko = DS9
    Roga = Augment
    Khan = Augment
    Bashir = DS9 & Augment

Yes, that was my point exactly.

You have no point. This is DS9 & Augments theme chosen by players. There was no romulan event, there was vulcan and romulan event. Discovery is star trek like everything else. You are just whining.
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the chances of getting Admiral Patrick and the gang are exceedingly slight.. And if one was expecting this then people are sorely disappointed. I didn't personally, DB tend to do their own thing, they probably had a number of scenarios in mind when they made up the poll and the gang of four wasn't one of them, because it was too specific,and if they couldn't get the rights to one of the actors the whole thing would have been messed up, whereas doing something new meant they could be more flexible and if someone didn't work out they could use another character in their place.

To my mind, this is a very interesting and diverse mega event, they've kept to a recurring character and introduced some very cool cards so far. I'm happy.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    When someone says DS9, Augments to me I think of Bashir first then a second later I think of the misfits. But after reading this thread a while I realize DB might not be thinking the same.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Week 2: Ezri Dax, Kira, Sabrina Douglas
    Week 3: Admiral Ross, War Veteran O'Brien, Malik
    Week 4: Augment Odo, Human-Klingon Augment Worf or Human-Klingon Augment Alexander Rozhenko, Raakin (like someone was experimenting with Human Odo and Worf or Alexander Rozhenko)
  • Will Gabriel Bell provide a bonus for this event? I did a search for “Sisko” in my cryovault and he didn’t pop up.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Gabriel Bell provide a bonus for this event? I did a search for “Sisko” in my cryovault and he didn’t pop up.

Yes
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor