Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Catching Fire - First Skirmish Event - 05/31 Q/A Edit

Comments

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Dralix wrote: »
    I'm a little lost on how next week's event ignore anything about the mega though.
    Sisko = DS9
    Roga = Augment
    Khan = Augment
    Bashir = DS9 & Augment

Yes, that was my point exactly.

Your point was that by having one character that covered DS9, two that covered Augments, and one that covered both, they were ignoring half of the mega? I admit to being slightly confused - it seems pretty balanced to me.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Your point was that by having one character that covered DS9, two that covered Augments, and one that covered both, they were ignoring half of the mega? I admit to being slightly confused - it seems pretty balanced to me.

No, my point is that the person I responded to, who in effect was complaining about all the augments in a DS9 mega event, was ignoring half the theme.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »

No, my point is that the person I responded to, who in effect was complaining about all the augments in a DS9 mega event, was ignoring half the theme.

Well then that makes much more sense. I am now unconfused - sorry about that!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Benny Russell and doctor Noah count as bonus?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I made some edits so I am xposting the Q/A found in the original post here:
    Some Q/A:

- Will crew in assigned to Voyages/Shuttles be locked out for Skirmishes: No
    - What kind of bonus do bonus crew provide: bonus crew that have a matching trait will increase VP gain and, at the end of a battle, will enhance repair if you choose to repair, or enhance rewards if that is the option chosen.
    - Will trait bonus/crew bonus stack: No. If you use multiple bonus crew, only the highest bonus will be taken into account. Edited: removed the notion of trait as it is included in the concept of bonus crew, when an event includes crew with a specific trait.
    - What kind of bonus do featured ships provide: From our blog post "Different featured ships will give hull bonuses during each event, so choose your ship wisely. "

Important distinction for bonus crew: each battle in a Skirmish has its own traits to match, bonus crew provide a better trait match bonus. (Similarly to a Galaxy Event when building an event item)
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I wants me that Sisko...I have a feeling I'll never finish high enough to get him, though.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this Sisko from "Rocks and Shoals", literally the very next episode after "A Time to Stand" which gave us the existing 5* Captain Sisko? How much can his stats have changed in a few days?

Because he doesn't have the Damn Google Glass giving him a headache anymore.

I donno about you, but when I get a headache so bad I'm doubled over and asking a former foreign intelligence agent to do the job for you..
    Your stats, may be comprised ;P
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Magisse wrote: »

Shan, what kind of bonus does the bonus *ship* get? Because in most cases, a 4* ship is really no match for the 5*s. So unless the bonus ships get a ton of stat boosts, I don't see how you'd be better off bringing one instead of your best ship. Some bonus VP won't make up for VP lost if you can't make it all the way though the five-battle series.

From our blog post: Different featured ships will give hull bonuses during each event, so choose your ship wisely.

Ok, but hopefully that's one heck of a hull boost. The 4* Defiant, for instance, has a hull of 280k. The 5* ships can get over 700k.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Glad I saw this thread before I took a chance on a Strange New Worlds pack, 'cause I, too, wants me that Sisko.

Regarding ships and bonuses and such, here's the screen shot from the intro video posted earlier this week. Note that at the top of the screen, it states that only 1* and 2* ships are permitted at this point.

toy4c3p9dtte.jpg

At 5/7, those stats eclipse the maxed stats for the ship, per the Wiki:

Shields 15000
    Hull 52800

I'll let the statisticians figure out what we can expect for things like a maxed U.S.S. Defiant, but if this is any indication, it should certainly become competitive with non-bonus 5* ships. Speaking of ship rarity, I also noticed this depiction of the opponents Ryan faced--all while staying in the Normal difficulty.

yrdt400znalg.jpg

A question I hadn't thought of until now, @Shan, is why are those opponents clearly not 1* and 2* ships? How does that part work?
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Glad I saw this thread before I took a chance on a Strange New Worlds pack, 'cause I, too, wants me that Sisko.

Regarding ships and bonuses and such, here's the screen shot from the intro video posted earlier this week. Note that at the top of the screen, it states that only 1* and 2* ships are permitted at this point.

toy4c3p9dtte.jpg

Shields 15000
    Hull 52800

I'll let the statisticians figure out what we can expect for things like a maxed U.S.S. Defiant, but if this is any indication, it should certainly become competitive with non-bonus 5* ships. Speaking of ship rarity, I also noticed this depiction of the opponents Ryan faced--all while staying in the Normal difficulty.

yrdt400znalg.jpg

A question I hadn't thought of until now, @Shan, is why are those opponents clearly not 1* and 2* ships? How does that part work?

That was explained in the blog. They're formulated similarly to episodes & distress calls. Those are "dumbed down" versions of those ships for the purposes of that battle.

Edit:

Regarding the Hirogen ship, 15000 and 52800 are the level 1 stats- NOT the fully maxed stats.

Here's a screenshot.
    aabfyvu1b9u6.jpeg
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I only have one useful bonus crew, the 4 star Khan FE/FF. I guess he is captaining the ship.....

toy4c3p9dtte.jpg

Shields 15000
    Hull 52800

yrdt400znalg.jpg

That was explained in the blog. They're formulated similarly to episodes & distress calls. Those are "dumbed down" versions of those ships for the purposes of that battle.

Edit:

Regarding the Hirogen ship, 15000 and 52800 are the level 1 stats- NOT the fully maxed stats.

Here's a screenshot.
    aabfyvu1b9u6.jpeg

Thanks for the clarifications, @[QH] WhiteClifford! I thought I heard something the first time I watched the video about star rarities being ignored in some capacity for the purpose of Skirmishes, but I obviously didn't process what that meant, and I somehow missed it on this second viewing.

Now, does anyone know who will pair well with Young Khan on the U.S.S. Defiant? :)
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Alternative Future Bashir is the crew member to have for the event. He has a 20% ship repair, and the Augment trait.

When you release the stats for the crew, can you also release their ship abilities including cooldowns.
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    I only have one useful bonus crew, the 4 star Khan FE/FF. I guess he is captaining the ship.....

You'll be relieved to learn that Shan has stated that the bonuses do not stack. One bonus crew appears to be enough per battle. As for whether you will be able to use him every battle without some form of fatigue, I don't believe we know that yet.
    [quote="Mirror Cartman;c-
    Elynduil wrote: »

You'll be relieved to learn that Shan has stated that the bonuses do not stack. One bonus crew appears to be enough per battle. As for whether you will be able to use him every battle without some form of fatigue, I don't believe we know that yet.

Does Hippocrates Noah count as a Sisko variant? He has a decent damage multiplier. I have him at 3 stars lvl 60.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

Does Hippocrates Noah count as a Sisko variant? He has a decent damage multiplier. I have him at 3 stars lvl 60.

He always has. Any reason you're thinking he might not now?
    I wasn't sure. I have read different things but I have never actually used him. If I can level him up, I can have 2 useful crew. 😀. Thanks.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    He has been amazingly useful to me. He was one of my first med crew and still gets on voyages and shuttle missions. I have him immortalized. He is my #4 base med, #6 combined, and #10 proficiency.
    SSa
    He has been amazingly useful to me. He was one of my first med crew and still gets on voyages and shuttle missions. I have him immortalized. He is my #4 base med, #6 combined, and #10 proficiency.

Nice.
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

I do hope so. He's one of my two Sisko variants.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • So two augments and twin DS9 characters and people are complaining? Got it. Welcome to the Internet.
    So two augments and twin DS9 characters and people are complaining? Got it. Welcome to the Internet.

I am not complaining. I am ecstatic. I doubled up my bonus crew. 😀
    It occurs to me to wonder about the threshold 2* and rank 3*. Presently, Promoted Sisko is the only 2* variant of any of the Featured Crew. Persis is the only existing 2* Augment. Racquetball Bashir is the only existing 3* Augment. There are no 3*'s of any of the Featured Crew.

I wouldn't say no to a new 3* Sisko.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siskos art is great, the rest is more like ughh.... But at least 1 great art. Better than zero.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Black Pebble
    Thanks
    Saw a few who were wondering about Hippocrates Noah.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one Sisko (Mirror immortalized), and Noah at 3/4. I so very much want this new Sisko.
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    Do we think "variants of Bashir" will be bonus crew at any point during the mega, or am I wasting my time leveling Changeling Bashir?
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we think "variants of Bashir" will be bonus crew at any point during the mega, or am I wasting my time leveling Changeling Bashir?

Most Bashirs will be bonus crew since he is an augment. Changeling Bashir however is not an augment and will likely not provide any bonus.