Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Catching Fire - First Skirmish Event - 05/31 Q/A Edit

Comments

• Rather missing those event packs that cost less than $100...
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rather missing those event packs that cost less than $100...

They'll be released gradually this time. DB Switches that up for each event... You'll probably see the 10 dollar offers on the weekend
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consistency and communication regarding this would be blissful.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Consistency and communication regarding this would be blissful.

If it was consistent, then you wouldn't be tempted with a more expensive option because you knew the cheaper one was coming later. DB wants to keep you guessing so that you buy the more expensive one now since you want the crew and are afraid you won't get the option later.
  • [NDQ] Joker41NAM[NDQ] Joker41NAM ✭✭✭✭
    While I have no problem with Danar not being Augment, the stated reasoning is all wrong (he was chemically enhanced, not genetically engineered). And I agree he should get Veteran; it's the whole reason he was in "exile."
  • guest_7456guest_7456 ✭✭✭
    While I have no problem with Danar not being Augment, the stated reasoning is all wrong (he was chemically enhanced, not genetically engineered). And I agree he should get Veteran; it's the whole reason he was in "exile."

not to mention the whole point of the entire episode was social commentary on our treatment of veterans and ptsd. veteran could be his only trait and it'd make more sense.

There has to be some game balance reason that they didn't give him the veteran trait; maybe it makes him too valuable for the event or makes the collection too easy to complete? The designers couldn't possibly have made this omission accidentally.....
  • Shan wrote: »
    The points many of you brought up regarding the inconsistencies of the "Augment" trait are being discussed internally, as soon as I have an update I will share it.

As for "Veteran" I have brought it up as well.

If he isn't given the Augment trait, can he at least be grandfathered into the Augment Collection? Like Dr. Noah Hippocrates is for Physician?
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, does using an Event Ship give both a Hull and a VP bonus, or just bonuses to the Hull?
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The battle animations and intros are way slow. Need to skip for a grind event.
  • Yes, the crew selection is no fun at all. There's no way to see whether a character is strongest in CMD, SEC or whatever and they're in absolutely no order. It would be great if the event crew appeared at the top, followed by the crew who get normal bonuses so we don't have to scroll through the entire roster for every battle.
    "There are two types of beings in the universe - those who dance, and those who do not."
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    A reminder that there is a dedicated feedback/issue thread in Engineering Room :)
  • Ah! I didn't know. Thanks, Shan! :smile:
    "There are two types of beings in the universe - those who dance, and those who do not."
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    This event is a ship version of the expedition event. The first run-through is fun and strategic, but once you figure out your crew rotation to maximize every reward, it becomes tediously repetitive.

It seems to be working well and is a nice change to the typical faction/galaxy rotation though.
  • Is there a max on Intel? Got to get back to work and don’t want this to max out while I’m away.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    A reminder that there is a dedicated feedback/issue thread in Engineering Room :)

I’m going to go ahead and submit that crew selection for ships is challenging in the event as well as for regular ship battles. Not that many people really change up the active crew other than for cosmetic reasons, but this event I think has exposed just how tiny those portraits are since the last UI update for this screen.

I’m going to go ahead and submit that crew selection for ships is challenging in the event as well as for regular ship battles. Not that many people really change up the active crew other than for cosmetic reasons, but this event I think has exposed just how tiny those portraits are since the last UI update for this screen.

Yeah I’m going to use my iPad during these events as much as possible
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done one run on elite. It was laughably easy. I never once changed my crew around. Hurray for adding more grind and less thought to an expedition and keeping the chron sink of the galaxy, the worst of both worlds.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yikes this event is terrible. A never ending expedition event. At least with expeditions there was a limit of three tickets a day. But there is no limit to these battles.
    Let’s fly!
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Yikes this event is terrible. A never ending expedition event. At least with expeditions there was a limit of three tickets a day. But there is no limit to these battles.
    You did more clicking on those 3 tickets than here with how Intel price goes up.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ran normal with Van Jean and Elite with Defiant; piece of cake.

Ran Elite with Defiant, got mutilated, ran again with D'Kora Krayton. Easy as pie again, and the ship's repair ability negated any damage I took. Generally used Young Khan, RAF Bashir and Augment Riker with Bartender Guanin for additional repair, may try some other crew combos later.

Pro: The rewards, especially chrons and honor; the novelty; ship battles are pretty; a solid attempt at changing the status quo

Con: The new abilities for AI ships have super lame names and replace the existing ships abilites rather than add to them...the idea of giving a ship that doesn't normally have cloak or boarding that ability is intersting, but the abilites that make each ship unique are gone; like ship battles in the main game, it's too easy once you have a maxed out 5* ship; no real strategy (for the same reasons)

TBD: The Grind (I don't normally mind it, but even I have limits. At least I need to run ship battles anyway for holoemitters.)
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »
    You did more clicking on those 3 tickets than here with how Intel price goes up.

yeah, 25,000-30,000 per ticket. 6,000+DB RNG here. So less VP per minute.

Also, I have to say, I love ^_^ how DB managed to stick the RNG into the leaderboard for skirmishes.
    Reiterating that Changeling Bashir is not a Bashir.
    As for the traits for Roga Danar, I brought it up and I have an answer for the Augment trait: he is enhanced/augmented, yes - but he is not part of the Augment faction hence why he does not have that trait.

I think the main problem is, when released, traits were a catchall for properties that should really have been kept separate which is why this makes no sense when applied to Bashir.

There should really be species, faction affiliation and traits.

So most Bashirs would be:

Species: Human, Augment
    Affiliations: Federation
    Trait: Physician, etc.

Whilst Khans would be:

Species: Human, Augment
    Affiliations: Augment
    Trait: Tactician, etc.

And Danar:

Species: Angosian, Augment
    Affiliations: Other
    Trait: Veteran, etc.

This adds a lot more flexibility (*cough*Gauntlet*cough*) when handing out bonuses for character properties, and stops issues like this.

On the flip side, you'd also likely get people bellyaching why their characters affiliated with the Augments don't get the bonuses those with the Augment species do...

If you look at some other games released later than Timelines they've learned from the mistakes - MSF does this nicely for example.

Hoping one day Timelines will too.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    yeah, 25,000-30,000 per ticket. 6,000+DB RNG here. So less VP per minute.
    Soooooryyyy, WHUT? I clear all 5 ships in around 5 minutes here. Even without additional farming ticket was at least half an hour if you clear ALL bonus VP on all levels.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »

I seriously doubt that. Unless you were a masochist and exhausted each and every crew. That just requires therapy
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    I seriously doubt that. Unless you were a masochist and exhausted each and every crew. That just requires therapy
    From memory - 5? missions. 3 levels of each. at least two runs to get all VP properly, mostly 3. Chose crew? 3*3*5+some more if it's not on top. 15*3*5 for mission itself. More if you want to skip cut-scenes and immediately go to result. Some clicks to chose mission and it's level. Here it's much more streamlined. After initial setup you can kill enemy ship in 6 clicks + 1 click to start and 2 clicks to chose and get prize.

But I take back my words of overall less clicking - because after Intel cost capped at 1200 my Intel only grows because of Chron rewards. It was 12k then, 18k now, So CLICK-CLICK-CLICK-CLICK-CLICK!

PS. Anti-galaxy. You get chrons instead of spending them, lol!
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destroy the expeditions and skirmishes events!

:)