Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Catching Fire - First Skirmish Event - 05/31 Q/A Edit

Comments

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    The only rationale I can come up with for Augments is one they are humans and two they are Augmented.
    Does this fit with all the current ones listed as augment? And does it explain why the others are not Augments?

As far as command uniform Khan, I think he took control of ship in that uniform.
    Maybe Commanding Khan. Might be the name change

Yes is the answer to my first question.
    I also think it is yes for my second question.

@Shan
    This may be the answer for two problems. Who are Augments and what to call the Uncommon Khan
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    The only rationale I can come up with for Augments is one they are humans and two they are Augmented.
    Does this fit with all the current ones listed as augment? And does it explain why the others are not Augments?

Honestly, I'd be cool with Roga Danar not being an augment if Arik Soong counted as Augment, as in the faction.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, I'd be cool with Roga Danar not being an augment if Arik Soong counted as Augment, as in the faction.

And Marla
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

The faction reasoning actually would change some traits as mentioned by the other posters. The comment I made actually defines the current use of the Augment trait.
  • Shan wrote: »
    I will bring up your concerns about traits to the team.

On another note, I have created a thread in Engineering Room for feedback/issues related to our first Skirmish Event. Your feedback will be very valuable and we are looking forward to it. The thread will be opened tomorrow once the event has started.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5656/first-skirmish-event-feedback-and-issue-thread-will-be-opened-once-the-event-starts/

Does phase 2 have community awards similar to galaxy?
  • t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Reiterating that Changeling Bashir is not a Bashir.
    As for the traits for Roga Danar, I brought it up and I have an answer for the Augment trait: he is enhanced/augmented, yes - but he is not part of the Augment faction hence why he does not have that trait.

Shan, I'm even on the side there is a valid reason Danar is not augment, and this answer fails all sorts of reasoning and existing case tests. It's a really bad look as an answer.

There is also no reason to not give Danar veteran, that is like the primary thing about him as a character and his motivations.

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    @Shan

After reading and posting on other posts. Before we all new the specifics.
    We were wondering about alien Augments who should have the trait.

The solution is any species human or alien who is augmented. You may have to decide if the specific crew is augmented. That was what we all were discussing before the event crew specific info came out.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »
    Jesus we wanted a power creep for DS9, they are the best crew.

Sisko should wipe floor with stupid Burnham.

Roga Dana is incredibly weak.

I wondered how long it was going to be before someone boohooed about Roga Danar and how he should be top notch because of his episode. Sadly DB doesn't work that way. Sooner anyone comes to accept that fact, the better. Trust me, I've been there :p
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    PLEASE be consistent with your traits. It's really frustrating and makes it seem like little to no thought has been put into trait assignment and even worse makes it seem like no one working on this game actually watches Star Trek.

azqldzd1eb0s.jpg

Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    uxb6lxoap4u7.png

Not a command uniform. Command = gold, not red.

Indeed! The name will be changed at later date to address that.

How about just "Starfleet Uniform Khan", as "Engineering Uniform Khan" or "Operations Khan" both sound weird.

c8vtqxaf7ij9.jpg
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lady Gaghgagh
    I was thinking Commanding Khan.
    But Takeover or Enterpise Takeover Khan would do.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    PLEASE be consistent with your traits. It's really frustrating and makes it seem like little to no thought has been put into trait assignment and even worse makes it seem like no one working on this game actually watches Star Trek.

azqldzd1eb0s.jpg

I have been trying to figure this out.
    Is it "we need new"
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    azqldzd1eb0s.jpg

Is it "we need new"

You weren't the only one. I figured maybe it was one of those phrases the teens are using these days that adults (at least adults who don't have teenage kids) don't have a clue about. :D

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"

azqldzd1eb0s.jpg

Is it "we need new"

No it's just me be comical at the fact that "little to no thought has been put into trait assignment and even worse makes it seem like no one working on this game actually watches Star Trek" is just the obvious state of things at the end of the day. So...we been knew. Or put into proper English: "we have known that"
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol😂
    Elynduil wrote: »
    "Khan in Red"

...would make a nice pair with "Seven in Blue".

I did always think that was an odd name for the card. It's like "Hey guys it's Seven! But in blue this time!"
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will bring up your concerns about traits to the team.

On another note, I have created a thread in Engineering Room for feedback/issues related to our first Skirmish Event. Your feedback will be very valuable and we are looking forward to it. The thread will be opened tomorrow once the event has started.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5656/first-skirmish-event-feedback-and-issue-thread-will-be-opened-once-the-event-starts/

Does phase 2 have community awards similar to galaxy?

Was this answered? Kind of curious too.

The ranked rewards are set up similar to galaxy (only top 15 qualify for a 2/5+ as opposed to top 25) and the threshold table has some galaxy similarities as well. Of course that doesn't necessarily mean anything...
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ten 10x pulls
    6 Young Khans (which I have i had immortalized)
    4 Roga Danars (which I am grateful as he is not Threshold)
    Zero 5* Siskos (WTF?)
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    Ten 10x pulls
    6 Young Khans (which I have i had immortalized)
    4 Roga Danars (which I am grateful as he is not Threshold)
    Zero 5* Siskos (WTF?)

And since I'm swimming in open crew slots (thanks Proles) I have 1 FFFE Young Khan, another FF(nonFE) Young Khan, and with the threshold rewards ANOTHER FF(nonFE) Young Khan, to see if 3 of the same character will affect this new Skirmish thing.

[Can I sell back Crew Slots?]
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was there a blue period for Picasso🤔😉
  • Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I've bought three pulls from the event pack trying to get Enemy Lines Sisko. No Sisko so far, but I've gotten two Legendary Beholds; one in which I picked First Officer Riker, and this hard one:

h2OgL3n.png
    My first instinct is to make my shiny new Garak stronger, but I know getting Geordi up to four stars would be much more useful. Also adding a star to Khan would be pretty helpful for the Mega Event. Decisions, decisions...
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've bought three pulls from the event pack trying to get Enemy Lines Sisko. No Sisko so far, but I've gotten two Legendary Beholds; one in which I picked First Officer Riker, and this hard one:

h2OgL3n.png
    My first instinct is to make my shiny new Garak stronger, but I know getting Geordi up to four stars would be much more useful. Also adding a star to Khan would be pretty helpful for the Mega Event. Decisions, decisions...

I have to assume Khan we know he will be event crew for four events. But it depends if you play all events. We all have are preferences Faction or Galaxy .
  • 1 pull of the event pack and I have Sisko. DYC and he is not 2* and level 70, missing 2 items to get to level 80.
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Elynduil wrote: »
    "Khan in Red"

...would make a nice pair with "Seven in Blue".

I did always think that was an odd name for the card. It's like "Hey guys it's Seven! But in blue this time!"

Maybe it was named as if it were a work of art — perhaps even an homage to the 1890 painting by Degas, Dancers in Blue

Yes, apparently Khan sat for De Rubeis in his younger years... Khan in Red was the result:

2212043-LLEZPDWN-7.jpg

Now we just have to track down the rumoured-but-as-yet-unconfirmed Worf in Ochre and we'd have a lovely triptych.