Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Catching Fire - First Skirmish Event - 05/31 Q/A Edit

Comments

• [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB, thanks for the Miranda class schems in the mail. Did you mean for that ship to use the same skin as the Reliant?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reiterating that Changeling Bashir is not a Bashir.
    As for the traits for Roga Danar, I brought it up and I have an answer for the Augment trait: he is enhanced/augmented, yes - but he is not part of the Augment faction hence why he does not have that trait.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »

Also, while I'm not going to declare that DS9 crew should be strongest in the game, I do think this 5* Sisko should have been a bit more notable. Right now he's an okay Voyage crew.

DS9 crew, no. The Sisko, YES.

Especially THAT particular Sisko.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say :P

I don't think Quark should randomly have the best stats ever just cause he was on DS9.

But The Sisko, especially Dominion War Sisko, should be a boss.
    S31 wrote: »
    Sisko - savior of the quadrant
    Bashir - an Augment, we saw what they are capable but even on his own he was a brilliant scientist and inovator
    Garak - the smartest guy ever

They should be the strongest card in the game.

Bashir should have top-of-the-line stats sure.

Garak...well...I'm a huge Garak fan. Possibly one of the biggest. But is he the smartest guy ever? Well maybe in some respects, but he's not particularly scientifically minded, and most of his engineering skills revolve around espionage-related stuff (bombs, communications devices etc). He's a brilliant tactician, interrogator and investigator, he's well-read and cultured, and he has top-notch social skills. But I wouldn't say he's flat-out smarter than Geordie or Dax or Spock or something. And besides, "smart" is such a wide umbrella, it's not really fair to do these comparisons.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, while I'm not going to declare that DS9 crew should be strongest in the game, I do think this 5* Sisko should have been a bit more notable. Right now he's an okay Voyage crew.

I don't think Quark should randomly have the best stats ever just cause he was on DS9.

Bashir - an Augment, we saw what they are capable but even on his own he was a brilliant scientist and inovator

Garak...well...I'm a huge Garak fan. Possibly one of the biggest. But is he the smartest guy ever? Well maybe in some respects, but he's not particularly scientifically minded, and most of his engineering skills revolve around espionage-related stuff (bombs, communications devices etc). He's a brilliant tactician, interrogator and investigator, he's well-read and cultured, and he has top-notch social skills. But I wouldn't say he's flat-out smarter than Geordie or Dax or Spock or something. And besides, "smart" is such a wide umbrella, it's not really fair to do these comparisons.

Garak single-handedly brought Romulans into the war.

I don't think that Georgie, Spock or Dax could alone do something significantly as that.
  • Alkind ZynAlkind Zyn ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Shan wrote: »
    As for the traits for Roga Danar, I brought it up and I have an answer for the Augment trait: he is enhanced/augmented, yes - but he is not part of the Augment faction hence why he does not have that trait.

Shouldn't Starfleet and Augment be incompatible as well? Bashir is augmented/enhanced like Roga Danar was. Post-birth.

Seems to me Bashir either shouldn't be Augment or Danar should.

P.S. Does Danar count towards the Augment Collection?
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭

Garak single-handedly brought Romulans into the war.

I don't think that Georgie, Spock or Dax could alone do something significantly as that.

Like I said, different kind of smarts.

Garak was great at tactics and being sneaky.

Spock was a brilliant scientist. And I can guarantee you he also did many things Garak could never do.

Depending how you're choosing to define "smart", I don't know if you can say one is definitively smarter than the other. Which is exactly my point.

Garak isn't the "smartest person ever" because there's many different kinds of "smart" and unless there's someone who's a genius in everything, there can't be a "smartest person ever".
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    10 event packs, no Sisko or any other 5 Stars.

Thats so brutal and rough, thanks RNG

So brutally predictable
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • [DC] Principia[DC] Principia ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    If we look at Who Is An Augment from the perspective of "which society had a bunch of dictatorships and wars happen because enough people were augmented to turn that status into a) a population group and b) pariahs afterward because of what the worst of them had done", then it does make sense if anyone who is a human that was augmented is an Augment and no-one else.

Bashir may not follow those political beliefs, but as someone who knew he wouldn't be allowed to live a normal life if his status were public, he definitely suffered from the associated stigma.

Even the Klingons who ended up with some human augment DNA wouldn't quite count by that measure.

I love Roga Danar, but agree he shouldn't be a featured crew during this event, and also concur that since being an Augment is reflective of a political stance among humans, McGivers should *totally* be an Augment.
    edited May 2018
    So Marla McGivers and Arik Soong should have the Augment trait and Bashir shouldn’t. 😉
    So Marla McGivers and Arik Soong should have the Augment trait and Bashir shouldn’t. 😉

Right on the first two, wrong on the last. Bashir still knew and had to cope with having been augmented as it's a legal classification under human law. Hence, Augment.

Right on the first two, wrong on the last. Bashir still knew and had to cope with having been augmented as it's a legal classification under human law. Hence, Augment.

But not Augment faction in the sense they seem to want to use it?

But not Augment faction in the sense they seem to want to use it?
    He would still be considered by many others to be an Augment whether he likes it or not.

I don't know which "they" you mean, DB, or the characters who are Augments in the story, such as it is.

Roga Danar fighting for the Augments (considering himself to count), but not being considered by the Augments to be one of them because he's not human would certainly be in line with the kinds of plots Star Trek in general has had.
    I don't know which "they" you mean, DB, or the characters who are Augments in the story, such as it is

I mean DB and Shan’s explanation of Augment faction vs augmented people.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a skirmish event, the announcement ought to include something about their ship-fighting abilities. That's more relevant for this event. I'm hoping this new version of Sisko might have an ability that is of similar value to Captain Killy's.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
    Amphistaff wrote: »

This makes no sense. If it's only characters where were part of the Augment faction then Bashir CANNOT have this trait either.

PLEASE be consistent with your traits. It's really frustrating and makes it seem like little to no thought has been put into trait assignment and even worse makes it seem like no one working on this game actually watches Star Trek.

Personally I think saying Khan is wearing a command uniform is way worse not-watching-Trek-wise, because that's a clear visual indicator across multiple series (TOS, TAS, ENT) involving series regulars, but YMMV.

DB has pretty clearly said in the past that not every crew who theoretically could/should have Trait X are going to because they are more concerned with balancing/limiting the relative utility of crew than they are with traits being accurate to story, either their own or actual Trek's.
  • arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Amphistaff wrote: »

DB has pretty clearly said in the past that not every crew who theoretically could/should have Trait X are going to because they are more concerned with balancing/limiting the relative utility of crew than they are with traits being accurate to story, either their own or actual Trek's.

Source?
    I don't know which "they" you mean, DB, or the characters who are Augments in the story, such as it is

I mean DB and Shan’s explanation of Augment faction vs augmented people.

If we're looking at it as "would other people, not Bashir himself, lump him in with the Augments", then the answer is clearly yes, both coming from people who aren't Augments and people who are (e.g., Jack).

I think the real problem here is DB trying to have it both ways: pretending these decisions are made with consideration of their story or the show's story in mind, while also saying any choices they make as to trait assignments are made solely with game balance in mind so story doesn't matter at all and we should stop bothering them when we don't like trait assignments.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will ISS Defiant give bonus too?
    Let’s fly!
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    1dpnn7wsbyy8.jpg

FIRST TRY!! Which is awesome, because I'm sadly not sure I want to put any more DIL into this event.

Even the stats on the Sisko aren't great, but it is what it is.

Also pulled him on my first and only try. Now will also point out that on the ship side, he is Evasion with a 400% instant damage. So given the fact that this is a ship based event, there is some logic that he has decent ship stats.

Don't have him FE yet, so don't know what the individual ship stats look like, and the wiki doesn't have them yet either.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    NivenFres wrote: »
    1dpnn7wsbyy8.jpg

FIRST TRY!! Which is awesome, because I'm sadly not sure I want to put any more DIL into this event.

Even the stats on the Sisko aren't great, but it is what it is.

Also pulled him on my first and only try. Now will also point out that on the ship side, he is Evasion with a 400% instant damage. So given the fact that this is a ship based event, there is some logic that he has decent ship stats.

Don't have him FE yet, so don't know what the individual ship stats look like, and the wiki doesn't have them yet either.

Massive evasion with 400% damage. That sounds like the Captain of the Defiant! Nice.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

That answers Augment, but does not Answer, VETERAN (Veteran of the Angosian War) as well as other traits brought up in this thread.

If he is not part of the Augment Faction, why is he LEADING a Rogue element of the Augment Faction in an attack against DS9?
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogaDanar wrote: »
    Next Question, have they said if the lower level ships/battles will require lower star characters or could I use my Wrathful Khan in lower matches?

I made that mistake and was corrected. The video says you have a choice of all crew for any level.
    The video shows low level battle using legendary crew.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    uxb6lxoap4u7.png

Not a command uniform. Command = gold, not red.

Well, some people were asking for Red Shirt Khan so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯