Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Catching Fire - First Skirmish Event - 05/31 Q/A Edit

Comments

• I wouldn't want this type of event every week either, but I am very much enjoying this event so far.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    I seriously doubt that. Unless you were a masochist and exhausted each and every crew. That just requires therapy
    From memory - 5? missions. 3 levels of each. at least two runs to get all VP properly, mostly 3. Chose crew? 3*3*5+some more if it's not on top. 15*3*5 for mission itself. More if you want to skip cut-scenes and immediately go to result. Some clicks to chose mission and it's level. Here it's much more streamlined. After initial setup you can kill enemy ship in 6 clicks + 1 click to start and 2 clicks to chose and get prize.

But I take back my words of overall less clicking - because after Intel cost capped at 1200 my Intel only grows because of Chron rewards. It was 12k then, 18k now, So CLICK-CLICK-CLICK-CLICK-CLICK!

PS. Anti-galaxy. You get chrons instead of spending them, lol!

My thoughts exactly. One of my bonuses was a fat pile of 300 chrons...which I had no problem dumping into Dogs of War to farm 0* warnog to make all of Captain Klaa’s stupid stoles. All we need now is a mission to farm 0* medical experiments and I can get back to leveling Darth Bashir.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is Roga in this event if he wasnt in ds9 and has not been given augment trait. Next week we get Dr. Arik Soong who was not in ds9 and isnt an augment either. We need augments for our augment cryo collection and these do not help. Next week it is likely we will only be able to get 3/4 of malik augment without packs so he isnt helpful either.
    Let’s fly!
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is Roga in this event if he wasnt in ds9 and has not been given augment trait. Next week we get Dr. Arik Soong who was not in ds9 and isnt an augment either. We need augments for our augment cryo collection and these do not help. Next week it is likely we will only be able to get 3/4 of malik augment without packs so he isnt helpful either.

Unless Arik is threshold like Khan was this time.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has it been confirmed in any thread that the accrued Intel balance will carry over from Phase 1 to Phase 2? I know that the intel costs will reset at phase change, and I know that the balance will vanish when the event ends.

Any definitive information on this would be greatly appreciated. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Why is Roga in this event if he wasnt in ds9 and has not been given augment trait. Next week we get Dr. Arik Soong who was not in ds9 and isnt an augment either. We need augments for our augment cryo collection and these do not help. Next week it is likely we will only be able to get 3/4 of malik augment without packs so he isnt helpful either.

@Shan I came here to ask the same question. If Roga is considered by DB to be augmented but not an “Augment” then why is he in the event? You know the DS9 Augments event of which he is neither?

• I like this event as I like Galaxy.

But what changes at phase change? Will intel be lost?
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is Roga in this event if he wasnt in ds9 and has not been given augment trait. Next week we get Dr. Arik Soong who was not in ds9 and isnt an augment either.

This event is DS9 and augments. Not DS9 augments. Which answers one part of the question. The other part only DB can answer...

• Arik Soong was promoting the Augment cause - so I guess he can be affiliated with that faction.
  • Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    I like this event as I like Galaxy.

But what changes at phase change? Will intel be lost?

I'm hoping it's like rare drops in galaxy & carries over
    ~ seeking out new life
  • The last battle is hard - my Botany Bay barely makes it winning 3 out of 4 against Reliant
  • My bounty with both Khans FFFE Enemy Lines Sisko 2* level 100, and Bell Riots Bashir 2* level 80 had no problems with Reilant, had some issues earlier though.
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    @Odo Marmarosa - That's actually a great idea, thanks!

Look at us, finding ways to entertain ourselves during the long slog...
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only complaint is that the number of intel you get after a match Is a complete joke when epic runs cost 1200 intel. How is 30 intel going to help?

I suggest that the intel drops after matches be the same value as credits (1500, 3000 etc). Not everything has to contain a booby prize.
  • Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    My only complaint is that the number of intel you get after a match Is a complete joke when epic runs cost 1200 intel. How is 30 intel going to help?

I suggest that the intel drops after matches be the same value as credits (1500, 3000 etc). Not everything has to contain a booby prize.

Assuming you get at least one intel drop out of the four rewards, that would mean you'd accrue more intel than you can possibly spend. Grinding this event for hours upon hours because you never run out of intel isn't my idea of fun. I can't do more than three runs at a time without getting bored, especially when I'm basically hitting the same buttons in the same order for every battle.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

They seem low to me as well but having the same number drop as credits would be unmanageable. Maybe if they dropped at the same levels as VP bonuses?
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭

It's not like it also drops Chrons that you can spend to get intel... *looks on 32k intel* Oh, WAIT.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

@Shan I came here to ask the same question. If Roga is considered by DB to be augmented but not an “Augment” then why is he in the event? You know the DS9 Augments event of which he is neither?
    Why is Roga in this event if he wasnt in ds9 and has not been given augment trait. Next week we get Dr. Arik Soong who was not in ds9 and isnt an augment either.

This event is DS9 and augments. Not DS9 augments. Which answers one part of the question. The other part only DB can answer...

... and one more quote, cross-posting from the thread for NEXT week’s event:
    robownage wrote: »
    So interesting question about the DS9 Augment event.....Roga Danar doesn't have the augment trait and isn't part of the Augment collections....so.....not being a real Augment and being a TNG character....one must ask what Roga Danar is doing in this DS9-Augment event.......

Ya, man. Right after they answer why Mirror Phlox, Arik Soong and Soran showed up in a Borg event, Alidar Jarok in a Klingon event, and Scotty, Marla McGivers and Dax in Discovery events. It's almost as if the theme is a guideline and not a hard and fast rule. #soweird

It's almost as if the characters from the different shows & movies are included in each event because that's the fundamental premise of the whole game. LLAP

I hope this will not be necessary again for weeks 3&4, but I am ready. >:) 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this will not be necessary again for weeks 3&4, but I am ready. >:) 🖖🏻

Hehe, optimist. I am sure you will have your hands full with "misfittery" ;)

When they follow the current pattern (Bashir, Sisko, Dax) I guess we will see new legendary versions of Kira and Odo in weeks 3 and 4. Seems they focus on the DS9 main cast for that this time.

Which is fine for me. I prefer to see characters whose path I followed for 7 years (6 in the case of Jadzia) over 1 or 2 episode wonders who did nothing for me.

Since over time every kinda relevant character will be added to this game all the Misfit lovers will get their wishes fulfilled at one point anyway...

• [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord only knows how much grinding the top players have done to score over 6 million points. I've got over 500,000 and it feels like forever! I'm going to strongly recommend reducing the amount of Intel available through running ship missions. Or increasing the amount of Intel needed per skirmish because this amount of gameplay is quite nuts imo
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I saw the Enterprise episode on the Klingon augments. Still very confusing. Read memory alpha on TOS Klingons or Klingon augments.

After reading Memory Alpha and then looking at the definition for Augment, my conclusion is TOS Klingon are Augments. However, all they are augmented with is human DNA. More an argument for them being considered Human.
    They have no increase strength, as far intelligence I guess there could be an argument on it. The confusion with the episode is why they do not get what we come to think of as the Augment traits. Basically, they are saying there is another phase to the augmenting, to get these traits they would also get the virus that kills them. So basically, they stop the process before it can reach that phase.

Again I would say in the end they should be considered To have a Human trait. but not what we have learned in Star Trek to consider the Augment trait.

So after all that confusion, and after saying by definition they could be considered augmented, TOS Klingons do not have what we consider the Augment trait.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Klingon_augment_virus

Interesting Roddenberry too felt no explanation was necessary for the difference.
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    But they only used augmented human DNA so they should be considered Klingon Augments. They weren't human.

Would you consider tomatoes that have a fish gene part fish, or genetically modified tomatoes? Even if you used a virus to insert the genes? Who even knows what Augmented human DNA contained, fish genes maybe, would they be considered part fish?
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • My only complaint is that the number of intel you get after a match Is a complete joke when epic runs cost 1200 intel. How is 30 intel going to help?

Are you competing in the event? I have not spent any dilithium. Just with the Intel rewards and Chrons that turn into Intel has let me score over a million points. The rewards are creating an endless loop. If you stop grinding for second you get passed by all the players grinding their endless supply of Intel. And increase in Intel is certainly not what this event type needs.
  • The rewards are creating an endless loop. If you stop grinding for second you get passed by all the players grinding their endless supply of Intel. And increase in Intel is certainly not what this event type needs.

For me, during phase 2 at least, the chrons seem to be flowing much less freely.

So much so that I've run out and am having to wait for refills.

Is this just bad RNG for me or is anybody / everybody else seeing this ?
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    The rewards are creating an endless loop. If you stop grinding for second you get passed by all the players grinding their endless supply of Intel. And increase in Intel is certainly not what this event type needs.

For me, during phase 2 at least, the chrons seem to be flowing much less freely.

So much so that I've run out and am having to wait for refills.

Is this just bad RNG for me or is anybody / everybody else seeing this ?

I was never getting many crons from this event. I would average getting a cron around every 10th skirmish run. Credits I would get loads of (often I would get 4 lots of credits a run). Yet even so it still seems to be worse for dropping crons in the second phase.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you competing in the event? I have not spent any dilithium. Just with the Intel rewards and Chrons that turn into Intel has let me score over a million points. The rewards are creating an endless loop. If you stop grinding for second you get passed by all the players grinding their endless supply of Intel. And increase in Intel is certainly not what this event type needs.

Agreed. I'd sooner see the rewards left the same, but the Intel cost go up. 2000 Intel to run a skirmish seems wayyyy more reasonable. My partner literally played for five hours straight yesterday, took a nap, woke up and was able to run a few more skirmishes again because of the Intel/Chron loop.

Yes I am competing (around 400th) and I realized that my comment didn't make much sense after the fact. I'm glad 17 players here reminded me though :smiley:
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave up. It was just too painful and tedious to keep up the loop. No Sisko, let alone no poor stat one off never to be useful or event character again is worth this level or torture. the only thing that kept me going to 500k was trying to figure out the bonus reward system, which I decided essentially equates to a lottery and merely the presence of an event specific crew is all you can do to open up a small chance to hit the top row. Dabo!
    I gave up. It was just too painful and tedious to keep up the loop. No Sisko, let alone no poor stat one off never to be useful or event character again is worth this level or torture. the only thing that kept me going to 500k was trying to figure out the bonus reward system, which I decided essentially equates to a lottery and merely the presence of an event specific crew is all you can do to open up a small chance to hit the top row. Dabo!

All you needed to do was allocate a spot for Bell Riots Bashir. Then you would score 6k points per run on epic. Each one of my matches lasted around 10 - 13 seconds.