Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Haunted Vessels - 07/12

Comments

• IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    TBH i'm trying to weigh up whether to use bonus crew or not for me they do nothing for the battles except draw it out longer Weyoun has standard evasion boost and dukat has shield regen after cloaking. If I can finish a battle twice as fast or more without using bonus crew and still maintain intel/chron accumulation is there really any point to using bonus crew?

If you are not interested in having a Top 1000 Ranking by the end of the Event, then you can skip using the Bonus Crew, as their function is to give you more Victory Points.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irial wrote: »
    TBH i'm trying to weigh up whether to use bonus crew or not for me they do nothing for the battles except draw it out longer Weyoun has standard evasion boost and dukat has shield regen after cloaking. If I can finish a battle twice as fast or more without using bonus crew and still maintain intel/chron accumulation is there really any point to using bonus crew?

If you are not interested in having a Top 1000 Ranking by the end of the Event, then you can skip using the Bonus Crew, as their function is to give you more Victory Points.

If you can finish missions more than twice as fast and have intel to spare, then it can make sense to skip the bonus crew in exchange for running twice as many missions. But I'm not sure you'll be able to run two full skirmishes in the time one of once you factor in all the cut scene animations and other time wasters.
  • Emmett KEmmett K ✭✭✭
    After 1.2 million points, I got a reward from epic 4/5 I had never seen. A single rare portal pull. How strange.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emmett K wrote: »
    After 1.2 million points, I got a reward from epic 4/5 I had never seen. A single rare portal pull. How strange.

yeah, i got one of those last time....
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine are going by so fast in most cases (except the Reliant) that I'd not gain much in moving bonus crew out.

Dukat not only does the shield regen, but adds to Attack... so isn't quite a doorstop that Weyoun is in this case.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Irial wrote: »

Well I'm sub 1k at the moment seem to be keeping on top of things currently, although today I have switched to bonus crew though
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hopefully db will give us a strong engineer in the next month event. I would like to see a eng primary, medical secondary, command tertiary crewmember.

Can you suggest a character from ST that would fit that description well? We've got that combo (but with Command primary) in Delta Flyer Paris. Is he the only one? With Doctor La Forge (Geordi as Dr. Watson) already in the game, I'm having a hard time coming up with another character that would fit this description.

I’ve often felt like Doctor Crusher’s engineering abilities, due to her cybernetics experience, get overlooked by a lot of people. I wouldn’t put ENG ahead of MED, but I could see a Crusher variant with MED/ENG/COM working out. I’m not 100% sure where the artwork would come from, though, but I am sure someone with a better memory of TNG could figure it out.

That episode with the Metaphasic Shield.

Or, there's this:

g72p6dp6snlz.png
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
    edited July 2018
    HaBlack wrote: »
    I think Ard'Rian McKenzie also has possibilities for Eng and Med (possibly CMD too):
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Ard'rian_McKenzie

I definitely agree. She could be great character

Great suggestion. I'd forgotten about her.
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there ANYTHING worse than completing a Skirmish battle and getting 30 intel as the reward? I'm going to go out on a limb and say no, there isn't
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps more strange, I got one of those before I hit 100K yesterday...
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a rare drop, but it can drop at any point. Presumably someone playing got it in their first match.
  • Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone else (who is not a whale) getting their rumpus kicked by that Reliant class ship in Epic? That ship has beaten me 3x out of 10. It's relentless. Last ship event, I tore through each ship like wet paper, lol, well not this time!
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone else (who is not a whale) getting their rumpus kicked by that Reliant class ship in Epic? That ship has beaten me 3x out of 10. It's relentless. Last ship event, I tore through each ship like wet paper, lol, well not this time!

That is the hardest by far for me. I often get half my hull knocked out. Fortunately the last ship is easy (or I accidentally stumbled across the right crew combo). I use the Cube since it has massive numbers on hull integrity. I then use two of my crew with hull regeneration. I have not failed any fight yet, but I've come close.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps more strange, I got one of those before I hit 100K yesterday...

My second drop (in my 1st run) in this event was a single 3* portal pull. Haven't had one since.
  • Shan wrote: »
    So as most of you know, Community Rewards are for Galaxy events only.
    The rules will be amended to remove that part, as it is not relevant for a Skirmish event.

Then what is the purpose of having two phases in a skirmish event?
    edited July 2018

That is the hardest by far for me. I often get half my hull knocked out. Fortunately the last ship is easy (or I accidentally stumbled across the right crew combo). I use the Cube since it has massive numbers on hull integrity. I then use two of my crew with hull regeneration. I have not failed any fight yet, but I've come close.

Yeah, I'm using a Cube also. I was going with 2 hull regens but switched up to 3 instant damage attacks and Bashir regen. It's worked 2 of last 3x, but just lost again. KHAAAAANN! KHAAAAAN!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I'm using a Cube also. I was going with 2 hull regens but switched up to 3 super bonus damage attacks and Bashir regen. It's worked 2 of last 3x, but just lost again. KHAAAAANN! KHAAAAAN!

Here is my current lineup.
    ezefhrgxvc7v.jpg
  • Emmett KEmmett K ✭✭✭
    Why do any kind of regen at all. Borg cube is all fire power. All I do is pop locutus and when my damage pops killy it's done. I literally don't use 2 spots short of a high miss count.

I assume you can use just use tkava or phlox Baku worf, etc to one shot it.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭

Whelp, no whale here, monthly card mostly, and I make it through without getting my hull touched. I guess, somebody has boarding so does a little damage, but I just regen it with my ship ability.

Maxed Bounty, 400% burst damage (Degra, but there are others), Mirror Phlox for accuracy (200% burst is a nice bonus), Weyoun for bonus, and Klaa for attack (others like T'Orcma give strong attack bonus too).
    Essentially just wait till Klaa's bar starts to get uncovered (to judge charge time) activate the cloak, fire off Klaa (+11 attack), hit your hull regen if you feel like it, fire off Phlox, fire off Degra, wait for animations to end and collect reward. Weyoun just waste's a slot. I could ditch Degra in favor of another bonus crew, but that second crew doesn't do anything unless a double trait match lets event crew roll better, and I've been previously corrected in this thread that traits don't matter.

Really, the trick is to get the highest attack value possible, then make sure you have the accuracy for it to hit. The Orc, Borg Tuvok, and a couple others give a nice +9 attack. Also don't waste more than one crew slot on bonus crew, and stick it where other crew aren't giving you passive bonuses. If you don't have a level 9 or 10 ship, then I could see having some difficulty.

Good luck, hopefully you find a way around your roadblock.
  • With Bounty, I've been using T'kuvmah, Killy, LeForge and Darth Bashir. The Reliant will occasionally survive the initial run through, but i rarely suffer more than 20-30% hull damage

Whelp, no whale here, monthly card mostly, and I make it through without getting my hull touched. I guess, somebody has boarding so does a little damage, but I just regen it with my ship ability.

Maxed Bounty, 400% burst damage (Degra, but there are others), Mirror Phlox for accuracy (200% burst is a nice bonus), Weyoun for bonus, and Klaa for attack (others like T'Orcma give strong attack bonus too).
    Essentially just wait till Klaa's bar starts to get uncovered (to judge charge time) activate the cloak, fire off Klaa (+11 attack), hit your hull regen if you feel like it, fire off Phlox, fire off Degra, wait for animations to end and collect reward. Weyoun just waste's a slot. I could ditch Degra in favor of another bonus crew, but that second crew doesn't do anything unless a double trait match lets event crew roll better, and I've been previously corrected in this thread that traits don't matter.

Really, the trick is to get the highest attack value possible, then make sure you have the accuracy for it to hit. The Orc, Borg Tuvok, and a couple others give a nice +9 attack. Also don't waste more than one crew slot on bonus crew, and stick it where other crew aren't giving you passive bonuses. If you don't have a level 9 or 10 ship, then I could see having some difficulty.

Good luck, hopefully you find a way around your roadblock.

I misspoke. I'm not using "bonus" but instant damage attacks (300%, 375%, 400%).
  • That whole sceen size Accuracy/Attack/Evasion up text bug is still present and annoying... The text gets bigger and bigger with every crew use, so i have to reload the game every 10 minutes or so... Its caused that you can press multiple crew on the same time on mobile with your fingers, i cannot reproduce it on computer with mouse.
    Also skill description text just stuck randomly on the screen, thanks god its resets with a new space battle.
  • g8j5m8qc3zuu.png
    ejwq3sl62w81.png

ubn88uc1r9l4.png

hvlhfpxfedhz.png

• Ambrosius77Ambrosius77 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    After some more battle...
    ro5tkd096cp1.png
    Floating skill descriptions are still frozen on the screen:
    baab4m59tibl.png
    Thats the point when I restart the game:
    q9gbxlwcmztn.png

• Also skill description text just stuck randomly on the screen, thanks god its resets with a new space battle.

Quick fix for that one is to long press on one of the skills to display a different description, which gets rid of the stuck one and when you release the long press they're both gone.
    Sisko: What are you gonna learn in the next few months that you haven't already learned in the last 300 years?
    Ezri Dax: Oh, how to keep from breaking into tears for no reason...
    Look for a ship with hull regeneration is my advice, so you don’t have to waste a crew member with it. HMS Bounty and IKS T’Ong both have 15% hull repair.
  • Shan wrote: »
    So as most of you know, Community Rewards are for Galaxy events only.
    The rules will be amended to remove that part, as it is not relevant for a Skirmish event.

Then what is the purpose of having two phases in a skirmish event?

I'm wondering this myself. What change in game play, if any, takes place in phase 2? Is it better to save intel for the second phase, or burn thru as much as possible in the first?