Home The Bridge
Options

Now there is a STT Store

Comments

• Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Easier to use a site builder than to make changes to your own game, I guess.

They could have made changes in game. This is about trying to cut out Google/Apple. There is no one taking a 30% cut on their own store. And the credit card fees and hosting costs will be a fraction of that.

But Google gives me points which I can then use in this game or any other game I want which is free money to me. Not worth saving 1.00 from their webstore.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »
    I understand the reasoning of bypassing the 3rd party fees and getting more from purchases, but imo you just destroyed the integrity and the reason for playing this game as it was meant. Rankings just lost all meaning and has become pay to get reward. This was a horrible decision and one that will ultimately change the enjoyment of this game for the long timers. You just minimized all our hard accomplishments with this. Not trying to be mean but just giving my criticism and opinion.

If the third parties are taking 30%, might have been better player good will to sell items directly from their store, but marked down 15%. They still get back half of what third party services were taking, and the 15% lower price would encourage buying.

EXAMPLE: Buying a $10 item from third party, they get $7 and third party gets $3.
    Direct sell: Sell Item for $8.50. They get $8.50 straight up and the player pays $8.50, saving $1.50.

I think they are talking about the ability to bulk buy chrons, 62,500 at a time

I sincerely doubt that the third parties are only taking 30% for one thing out of all the stuff they sell. That is what I was talking about.

I agree with you there: the 3rd parties are getting their cut no matter what. So is Paramount/CBS.

The ability for people to bulk buy dil and chrons runs the risk of breaking events. People who take the time to gather resources have a much higher risk of seeing their work be undermined by someone who’s willing to spend their life savings on. That was Gandozer’s complaint and what Princess Uhura was responding to.

I never said my feelings one way or another on the "Buy to Win" dynamic they introduced. But, the cut WAS mentioned in the post I quoted. And clearly what I was addressing. Multiple people trying to steer my comment into something else does not change what I was commenting on.

My apologies if my post seemed to be putting words in your mouth. That was not my i tention.

That being said, i think that wrg is just trying to make a few extra bucks without players spending more, with one big exception, the ability to bulk buy chrons and dilithium will break events and make them all p2w.

We can argue that shuttle events are already p2w, but that dosnt make it any more palatable. So, anyhow someone else mentioned that while the events and ofher bugs have been happening in recent weeks, this store is what they were working on, and i think that is proabably accurare. I doubt that there are more than 10 people dedicated to solely working on this game. Seems like any new “feature” is an all hands on deck thing.

This won't break skirmish and Galaxy events because they're not limited by resources now.

I don't think you realize how different late game play is from where you are. Players have more chrons than they know what to do with. They have hundreds to thousands of each galaxy item.

When players talk about winning these events the conversation is not how many chrons you need. It's how little sleep you can get. It's playing while going to the bathroom. If you're thinking about buying chrons for a skirmish event you've already lost.

If WRG wanted to break the event they would add a paid bot. Pay X to let the ai play for you for Y hours. That would make skirmishes and galaxies p2w. Anything short of that is not going to change the top of the leaderboard.

The purchases during an event don’t worry me as much as purchases in the days leading up to an event. Let’s say on Tuesday of a week leading up to a skirmish, I have 3k chrons. I find out that I can take the rest of the week off and the card looks really good. Now I can buy hundreds of thousands of chrons (for a lot of money) to chase the event win. Knowing that this is an option makes chasing a win more nerve-wracking and risky. It actually makes me less willing to chase higher ranks, because I’m less certain that I can make it due to someone being wealthier or making poorer choices than me.

The people using hundreds of thousands of chrons already have those chrons. Or the ones that want to drop money are dropping money in game. The determination of who wins is less who is willing to spend money than who is willing to spend 96 hours clicking. Making more chrons available for purchase won't change who wants to spend 96 hours clicking non-stop.

The people who saved up the chrons worked to get to that point. What does their effort mean if it can be equalled with a few hundred dollars?

My other concern is that these offers make it really easy for someone to recharge after chasing or getting an event win. It’s now possible for a player to win unlimited events if their checks clear.

I'm sitting on 116306 chronitons right now. I got them by keeping up on voyages, bailing early on events that didn't interest me (or skipping them altogether), and by 86'ing new crew who didn't interest me. Aside from the voyages, the rest of my formula has been the opposite of putting in effort. No one else plunking down a pile of cash to match or exceed my stockpile devalues it.

But, hey, if anyone is so hellbent on winning they want to start paying other players to take a dive, I can be had cheap. You'll still have thousands of others to bribe, though.

So, do you mean to say that when Mechalobe (rip) was terrorizing the leaderboards for faction events, it didnt devalue your own shuttle tokens and boosts? Knowing 1st place was impossible?

Why should it? 1st place was always impossible for me. I've never been under any illusion otherwise. It makes no difference whether it's one player dominating week in and week out, or if it's someone new each time. All I can do is manage my own resources, and they're far too modest to compete for 1st place. I can, however, comfortably indulge my interest in the rank rewards enough to place where I'm content in any event. That's plenty good enough for me.

You’re not supposed to say it’s impossible. You lost all leverage for the bribery negotiations.😂
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Cochran wrote: »
    The offers(so far) are…..underwhelming, to say at least.

Hopefully it gets better.

You mean the like 500.00 for 65k chronotons?

Nope i don t care about that offer. I don t need chrons,
    nor would i pay such a crazy amount for it(goes for the other offers as well),
    not even 100 bucks.

Guess, i am not a whale then. Sorry. 😆🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »
    For me saving is quite noticeable when buying from store comparing to Steam or iOS.

Just example
    Campaign: Steam $28,49, iOS $29.85, Webstore $23,75

But until I can copy/paste DBID from Steam, or IOS I will probably not buy anything. Writting it down (in)correctly is just too big of a risk.
    Currently, you can copy, paste and edit your DBID in iOS from a screenshot of the Settings menu:

nl5bt193c20i.jpeg

Thank you for advice but for some reason this does not work on my iPhone. There is no option to select, as if it not a text but an image.

On the other hand I can see my DBID from CS Tools.
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess, i am not a whale then. Sorry. 😆🤗

Nope. You are a selective buyer with an eye for good, but also not so good deals.

• Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand the reasoning of bypassing the 3rd party fees and getting more from purchases, but imo you just destroyed the integrity and the reason for playing this game as it was meant. Rankings just lost all meaning and has become pay to get reward. This was a horrible decision and one that will ultimately change the enjoyment of this game for the long timers. You just minimized all our hard accomplishments with this. Not trying to be mean but just giving my criticism and opinion.

If the third parties are taking 30%, might have been better player good will to sell items directly from their store, but marked down 15%. They still get back half of what third party services were taking, and the 15% lower price would encourage buying.

EXAMPLE: Buying a $10 item from third party, they get $7 and third party gets $3.
    Direct sell: Sell Item for $8.50. They get $8.50 straight up and the player pays $8.50, saving $1.50.

I think they are talking about the ability to bulk buy chrons, 62,500 at a time

I sincerely doubt that the third parties are only taking 30% for one thing out of all the stuff they sell. That is what I was talking about.

I agree with you there: the 3rd parties are getting their cut no matter what. So is Paramount/CBS.

The ability for people to bulk buy dil and chrons runs the risk of breaking events. People who take the time to gather resources have a much higher risk of seeing their work be undermined by someone who’s willing to spend their life savings on. That was Gandozer’s complaint and what Princess Uhura was responding to.

I never said my feelings one way or another on the "Buy to Win" dynamic they introduced. But, the cut WAS mentioned in the post I quoted. And clearly what I was addressing. Multiple people trying to steer my comment into something else does not change what I was commenting on.

My apologies if my post seemed to be putting words in your mouth. That was not my i tention.

That being said, i think that wrg is just trying to make a few extra bucks without players spending more, with one big exception, the ability to bulk buy chrons and dilithium will break events and make them all p2w.

We can argue that shuttle events are already p2w, but that dosnt make it any more palatable. So, anyhow someone else mentioned that while the events and ofher bugs have been happening in recent weeks, this store is what they were working on, and i think that is proabably accurare. I doubt that there are more than 10 people dedicated to solely working on this game. Seems like any new “feature” is an all hands on deck thing.

This won't break skirmish and Galaxy events because they're not limited by resources now.

I don't think you realize how different late game play is from where you are. Players have more chrons than they know what to do with. They have hundreds to thousands of each galaxy item.

When players talk about winning these events the conversation is not how many chrons you need. It's how little sleep you can get. It's playing while going to the bathroom. If you're thinking about buying chrons for a skirmish event you've already lost.

If WRG wanted to break the event they would add a paid bot. Pay X to let the ai play for you for Y hours. That would make skirmishes and galaxies p2w. Anything short of that is not going to change the top of the leaderboard.

The purchases during an event don’t worry me as much as purchases in the days leading up to an event. Let’s say on Tuesday of a week leading up to a skirmish, I have 3k chrons. I find out that I can take the rest of the week off and the card looks really good. Now I can buy hundreds of thousands of chrons (for a lot of money) to chase the event win. Knowing that this is an option makes chasing a win more nerve-wracking and risky. It actually makes me less willing to chase higher ranks, because I’m less certain that I can make it due to someone being wealthier or making poorer choices than me.

The people using hundreds of thousands of chrons already have those chrons. Or the ones that want to drop money are dropping money in game. The determination of who wins is less who is willing to spend money than who is willing to spend 96 hours clicking. Making more chrons available for purchase won't change who wants to spend 96 hours clicking non-stop.

The people who saved up the chrons worked to get to that point. What does their effort mean if it can be equalled with a few hundred dollars?

My other concern is that these offers make it really easy for someone to recharge after chasing or getting an event win. It’s now possible for a player to win unlimited events if their checks clear.

I'm sitting on 116306 chronitons right now. I got them by keeping up on voyages, bailing early on events that didn't interest me (or skipping them altogether), and by 86'ing new crew who didn't interest me. Aside from the voyages, the rest of my formula has been the opposite of putting in effort. No one else plunking down a pile of cash to match or exceed my stockpile devalues it.

But, hey, if anyone is so hellbent on winning they want to start paying other players to take a dive, I can be had cheap. You'll still have thousands of others to bribe, though.

So, do you mean to say that when Mechalobe (rip) was terrorizing the leaderboards for faction events, it didnt devalue your own shuttle tokens and boosts? Knowing 1st place was impossible?

Why should it? 1st place was always impossible for me. I've never been under any illusion otherwise. It makes no difference whether it's one player dominating week in and week out, or if it's someone new each time. All I can do is manage my own resources, and they're far too modest to compete for 1st place. I can, however, comfortably indulge my interest in the rank rewards enough to place where I'm content in any event. That's plenty good enough for me.

You’re not supposed to say it’s impossible. You lost all leverage for the bribery negotiations.😂

ujey0c9pxa8j.jpg
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, it’s not like paying to win is anything new in the game… Players could buy chrons before, shuttle tokens, more dilithium for whatever was needed. If someone wants to blow big cheddar on chrons, or anything else for that matter, let them.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    First, it’s not like paying to win is anything new in the game… Players could buy chrons before, shuttle tokens, more dilithium for whatever was needed. If someone wants to blow big cheddar on chrons, or anything else for that matter, let them.

Yes, that is all true.

However, there is no longer a limit to the amount of chrons you can buy. In the past it was limited by the offer it was in, or by increasing costs. Now there is no limit, and chrons can be purchased in bulk at any time. Its a bad move for f2p and cheap-to-play
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, that is all true.

However, there is no longer a limit to the amount of chrons you can buy. In the past it was limited by the offer it was in, or by increasing costs. Now there is no limit, and chrons can be purchased in bulk at any time. Its a bad move for f2p and cheap-to-play

Well said! There is a difference between people being able to buy the 1250 Pack ten total times {five each phase} versus being able to get four or five times as much multiple times to stock up.

I know everyone keeps saying Skirmish is a grind and that people won't be able to do it all day. However, what I did this time was binge a re-watch of "Black Mirror" on NetFlix. And anyone who has done the whole thing knows it can get cumbersome in between episodes, since it does not do the natural "next episode" thing like every single other series on NetFlix. So, I was watching episodes of an intriguing show, while hitting buttons. Time flew by. {And the poor interface NetFlix has this one series gave me "downtime" at regular intervals to take a break.}

So, someone can possibly used 60000+ "extra" Chronitons to advance in a Galaxy or Skirmish.

I hate to keep sharing this sentiment, but this game looks to be slipping ever closer to the "Pay to even have a chance to compete" paradigm of Battle Pirates. And no one wants that, trust me.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

Yes, that is all true.

Money keeps the game running.
    Without money/revenue, no game to play for everyone,
    no matter if for F2P players or others.

So if anyone is as „crazy“ to spend such amounts for just a couple chrons,
    let them. I have zero issues with it.

I dont think you understand. Its not just the 500 offer, its all of them. You can now tap out completely on chrons and recharge immediately.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

Yes, that is all true.

Well said! There is a difference between people being able to buy the 1250 Pack ten total times {five each phase} versus being able to get four or five times as much multiple times to stock up.

I know everyone keeps saying Skirmish is a grind and that people won't be able to do it all day. However, what I did this time was binge a re-watch of "Black Mirror" on NetFlix. And anyone who has done the whole thing knows it can get cumbersome in between episodes, since it does not do the natural "next episode" thing like every single other series on NetFlix. So, I was watching episodes of an intriguing show, while hitting buttons. Time flew by. {And the poor interface NetFlix has this one series gave me "downtime" at regular intervals to take a break.}

So, someone can possibly used 60000+ "extra" Chronitons to advance in a Galaxy or Skirmish.

I hate to keep sharing this sentiment, but this game looks to be slipping ever closer to the "Pay to even have a chance to compete" paradigm of Battle Pirates. And no one wants that, trust me.

The same people will most likely keep spending. There is no limit for faction events now. Anyone can buy a crap ton of dilithium and just auto shuttles. Most of us already have a lot of chrons saved up (I’m at 183k) for galaxy or skirmish events. A problem in the game is stagnation and how everyone who’s played any length of time, just seems to be in a holding pattern saving up more resources than they use. I’m more concerned about a lack of players than someone “buying” a win. As it sits now, I have less and less motivation to play. I can remember back in the day and starting to rank in an event and being around 40k in number. This last event I waited two days to play and my first points put me at 20k. We need players to keep a game going. If paying helps do that, 👌. At the same time, I wish WRG would do more to break the repetition in the game. Just my two cents, take it or leave it.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options

Yes, that is all true.

The same people will most likely keep spending. There is no limit for faction events now. Anyone can buy a crap ton of dilithium and just auto shuttles. Most of us already have a lot of chrons saved up (I’m at 183k) for galaxy or skirmish events. A problem in the game is stagnation and how everyone who’s played any length of time, just seems to be in a holding pattern saving up more resources than they use. I’m more concerned about a lack of players than someone “buying” a win. As it sits now, I have less and less motivation to play. I can remember back in the day and starting to rank in an event and being around 40k in number. This last event I waited two days to play and my first points put me at 20k. We need players to keep a game going. If paying helps do that, 👌. At the same time, I wish WRG would do more to break the repetition in the game. Just my two cents, take it or leave it.

I agree with this sentiment. The only additional view i have is that wrg seems to be more interested in maximizing revenue from a declining set of players than they are about keeping current players or recruiting new ones, ideally by introducing fun, engagimg and deep new features to gameplay, and also working to resolve known issues and bugs.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paying for chrons is paying for chrons, whether it is 1000 or 60,000.

Apart from in the first few months of playing this game, I have never been held back by my chron supply, and I have never bought a single chron.

I have bought campaigns, but chrons were not my motivation, and they have not affected my gameplay.

When I do decide to make a play for a Galaxy event win, another player paying $500 for a mere 60,000 chrons won't make a difference to the event.

That $500 will keep the game that I enjoy playing, running for a couple of days, which is good for me.
  • Options
    Paying for chrons is paying for chrons, whether it is 1000 or 60,000.

Apart from in the first few months of playing this game, I have never been held back by my chron supply, and I have never bought a single chron.

I have bought campaigns, but chrons were not my motivation, and they have not affected my gameplay.

When I do decide to make a play for a Galaxy event win, another player paying $500 for a mere 60,000 chrons won't make a difference to the event.

That $500 will keep the game that I enjoy playing, running for a couple of days, which is good for me.

Its not just about the $500 offer. The webstore makes several different packages acailable, with no limits.

So as competitive as it can be at the edge of event tiers, it will be even easier and more enticing for players to re-up on chrons and keep the event points rolling in.

Now, if the events were actually FUN this would be less of an issue, but since they are incredibly mind numbing and boring, the additional tap tap tappingg that will be required is going to lead to burnout. The additional resource drain on f2p and cheap to play will lead to drop in morale. Obviously the game needs money to keep going, im not that naive. But this will not be good in the long run.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already bought 7 $500 chron offers, leettttssss goooo!
  • Options
    Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    I also agree that it's frustrating to see WRG continue to prioritize new money-making schemes over creating new content, fixing longstanding issues, or implementing any sort of quality control as the errors and glitches pile up week after week.

This. Lost a fleetmate to this.

On the flipside, though, Fleet Battles are imminent, and they're new content. WRG is also likely to have to pay more to Paramount than they used to, in order to include Lower Decks and Strange New Worlds. If the money-making schemes are what's fueling these things then they're fine by me.

• Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

I don't think you understand the top players are not running out of chrons now. New players run out because they're busy leveling crew. The top players have so many chrons saved that they're not buying chrons because they don't need them. The limiting factor is time and desire to click. WRG could offer 10k chrons for free to every player, it would not change the top ranks.

I feel like I’m a top player and I do run out of chrons based on my strategy. I prefarm, which I think has a lot of benefits. With large chron offers being permanently available, it’s making me question whether prefarming is the way to go and how much is enough to win.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, that is all true.

I agree with this sentiment. The only additional view i have is that wrg seems to be more interested in maximizing revenue from a declining set of players than they are about keeping current players or recruiting new ones, ideally by introducing fun, engagimg and deep new features to gameplay, and also working to resolve known issues and bugs.

"New Players" you say? Unfortunately this is how Timelines ads appear on other games.....

zb9nr8rys64r.jpg

Trying to sweet talk players who quit back instead of wooing new players.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »

Yes, that is all true.

I dont think you understand. Its not just the 500 offer, its all of them. You can now tap out completely on chrons and recharge immediately.

Even with infinite chrons, there comes a point when the number of chrons is less important than the ability to dedicate time and effort to use them. Your argument is a bit of a moot point, no matter how many posts you respond to in order to say the same thing.

I think what i am arguing for is against any move that takes us closer to “infinite chrons” the events are already boring grinds.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

Yes, that is all true.

Even with infinite chrons, there comes a point when the number of chrons is less important than the ability to dedicate time and effort to use them. Your argument is a bit of a moot point, no matter how many posts you respond to in order to say the same thing.

I think what i am arguing for is against any move that takes us closer to “infinite chrons” the events are already boring grinds.

I play enough in the events to have fun. that does mean some events I don't place as I don't want to grind that much, but others I do because I enjoy them more.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think you understand the top players are not running out of chrons now. New players run out because they're busy leveling crew. The top players have so many chrons saved that they're not buying chrons because they don't need them. The limiting factor is time and desire to click. WRG could offer 10k chrons for free to every player, it would not change the top ranks.

I feel like I’m a top player and I do run out of chrons based on my strategy. I prefarm, which I think has a lot of benefits. With large chron offers being permanently available, it’s making me question whether prefarming is the way to go and how much is enough to win.

I am 100% in the prefarm camp for galaxy events. Yes, I "run out of chrons" in the sense that I have 0 chrons at points in the event. But I also have 400+ of every item in the Galaxy event so I'm never stopped from playing.

Skirmishes are harder to prefarm. But I find saving chrons for a day or two is enough to get me through the event. And if I need more I have all the saved messages with chrons to fall back on.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skirmishes are harder to prefarm. But I find saving chrons for a day or two is enough to get me through the event. And if I need more I have all the saved messages with chrons to fall back on.

I typically only spend my chrons once per week. For the longest time it was Thursday since that coincides with getting threshold chron rewards. That usually gave me enough intel to power through an event.

The weekly OE’s have had me spending on Tuesday instead. If I knew of an incoming skirmish I’d probably hold off.

VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    madratmadrat ✭✭
    Well what this has done is made this a game for the whales. You will have the folks who have funds, and then the folks who don't. The have win the game so to say as in have it all, and the folks who can't compete. They have built a wall that the f2p folks and ones who are not wales that they will not be able to get over, and when you do that you cut you player base back. That is the real problem.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Well what this has done is made this a game for the whales. You will have the folks who have funds, and then the folks who don't. The have win the game so to say as in have it all, and the folks who can't compete. They have built a wall that the f2p folks and ones who are not wales that they will not be able to get over, and when you do that you cut you player base back. That is the real problem.

That has been the design of this game from day one. I'm not crazy about P2W but it's always been here. This new store does nothing to change that. If a player wants to spend $500 to compete in an event they will spend that either in game or on this new store. And the players that don't want to spend the money will be at a disadvantage. But in exchange, that f2p player gets to play a game for free that would otherwise have cost money. This new store does nothing beyond put in your face the dollar amounts that other players have already been paying.

How were players able to purchase 60,000 chronitons at one time prior to the store? Or, even 10,000 at a time? Or in a single day?
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know anyone who will seriously buy $500 in chrons. Not sure how many people have ever bought the $10 offer. I never have. This won't be a game changer. Only Dil offers shift the balance. I use dil to refresh the skirmish rewards (10-20 each battle if I'm low on chrons) but would never buy the chron offers for it.