Home The Bridge
Options

Player Positivity and Accomplishment Thread

Comments

• Options
    (A) Traveling Man(A) Traveling Man ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank? wrote: »
    Congrats to everyone that battled for top 1500 in this event. That was the most competitive one in recent memory and players were having to pull out all the stops to make it. Special shout out to several new names on top of the leaderboard that got personal best rankings!

Usually I can only get every crew in the game immortalized after a mega, but with the new reward structure it gets hairy sometimes. Usually I can get this screenshot once every 2-3 months. Thanks to the art delay, I got it again. So for the next 10 minutes, all crew in the game immortalized.
    ulbun44igh58.jpeg

Well done on that - I am getting tantalizingly close. Missing 6 that aren't in the portal though. Closer and closer...
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a rough one. I ended up at 1604. I'm guessing some people even did threshold and out over a LD crew.
    I got behind after sitting in traffic for over an hour a mile from home, because someone went flying through a 35mph zone and popped over a hill, hitting someone pulling out of a restaurant parking lot after Sunday dinner and flipping their car. I think the guy survived, thank God. We got rear ended there a couple years ago, when we stopped just over the crest of the hill, to let a car turn into the car parts place next to the restaurant.
    It's a bad area there. Lots of side drives, a couple streets, et c., hidden by hills and curves on a stretch of the urban section of highway that is TWO FEDERAL highways merged for about two miles or so- US50 and US421. Lots of accidents and no good bypass streets. Sigh.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    With 4 packs pulled for tomorrow’s event, I’ve got all the characters again, albeit for a fleeting moment, for the third time.

s4jf1qlh289v.jpeg

Well, that didn’t take long. A bunch of Badgeys a.k.a. Mok’bara Worf.

cuk725vs39tu.jpeg
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hit this from a SINGLE BASIC pull.
    45asfcw9a6v6.jpg
    Took Reno.

Daaaaaaaaaamn! That's wild.
  • Options
    I know! I have around 50 singles, so I'm going through to see if I did Dabo and decided to pop a couple. Sometimes I get good components and I needed some. First one was the 3* Booth by and that was number two. I'm thinking I got my first Attach is the same way. Might have been a 10x, but it was a basic.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Aldude wrote: »
    Got Tribbled Koloth and Korax from gauntlet.

Not just once... But TWICE!

In the same set of end-rewards.
    One after the other.
    Ranked 28.

Tease! I don't even get two in one YEAR! That is epic.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    An accomplishment and a question.

The accomplishment story:
    I started STT in Oct 2016. Until April 2021, I sent daily shuttles with the intent that they would succeed. I optimized my strategy around using 2-skill crew for shuttles so that I kept all my 3-skill crew available for voyages. I farmed from every faction. It worked well for me. But...

The faction tanking idea was always in the back of my mind, so I finally decided to try it out, starting with Section 31. Per datacore, it was going to take 800 shuttles to tank. Daunting, but I completed it in due course. Naturally, Section 31 didn't get a faction bonus for months after I was done, so I still wasn't sure that this (being tanked) was a thing I wanted to be doing. I went ahead with another faction anyway, figuring I could always resume my old ways if I ultimately didn't enjoy the tanking strategy. And then I did a third faction, and then...

Skip ahead to June 2022, and I have finished tanking all 15 factions after 14 months of intentional failures! [ Insert golf clap sounds here ] Fed was last - it needed 1500 shuttles but the recent string of mid-week OEs has been quite useful for completing this faction.

The question:
    For those of you with fully-tanked factions, what do you do after your dailies are done? I've spent nearly 6 years sending out shuttles every time they (and I) were ready. It's a habit, perhaps even a compulsion. Now I'm not sure that makes a lot of sense anymore. Do you still send shuttles all day long, or do you just do enough shuttles to complete your personal/fleet dailies and then wait for the next day to arrive?
  • Options

The question:
    For those of you with fully-tanked factions, what do you do after your dailies are done? I've spent nearly 6 years sending out shuttles every time they (and I) were ready. It's a habit, perhaps even a compulsion. Now I'm not sure that makes a lot of sense anymore. Do you still send shuttles all day long, or do you just do enough shuttles to complete your personal/fleet dailies and then wait for the next day to arrive?

Unless there's a Faction or other event (e.g. Endurance or Midweek) that calls for shuttle missions, I typically do 8 shuttles a day to hit the daily requirement and that's it. Some of those I'll use boosts on, if the possible reward is needed, but not often. I don't waste tokens on the dailies, either.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options

I quit sending shuttles altogether for a while as well (unless I needed to quick farm up some holoprograms), then rethought it.

I have since un-tanked a few factions. Some factions are unlikely ever to win a faction. Those tend also to be the ones without valuable/highly-used common drops that one might farm with tanked shuttles.

So, I run those for the component drops. Of those unloved factions, some provide more-needed components than others. The steady stream of "cheap" 3* and 4* components makes it worth still sending them out. I've got a huge backlog of crew to level, and it helps to save chrons.

I say "cheap" because people have mentioned the merit cost. It's about 10 merits per flight, and I use some of the 1000+ 9-hour double boosts to offset that.

I scroll down a bit before filling shuttles to avoid top voyagers so I'm not shorting myself there.

If you've already leveled all of your crew, components are no longer desirable, and you're truly endgame, though, the only thing that shuttles bring in of value is credits. If you've enough credits for all of your Crew Retrieve needs and would just be converting them to honor with basic packs, then just save the trouble and spend the merits on crew pulls (beyond what you save for rounds of tanked shuttles each time full Factions come around).
  • Options
    None of my factions are tanked and I do well enough. I crew my Voyage before I launch shuttles, so I have my best for the Voyage and the shuttles do fine. I may lack the time assistance, but I've got the wealth of successful shuttles.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never actually tried for a 12 hour voyage, but I got this yesterday. I almost forgot to recall and when I saw how long it was, I let it go to 11 hours and 45 minutes.
    ebjoslrgz0zo.jpg
  • Options
    tyllanthor wrote: »
    I had a "double luck".
    1. I got a rarity constellation from scans. (I thought that it was available only as event reward.)
    Congrats! This happened for me as well sometime this week (Thursday, maybe?). Something's broken! (I got a rare polestar, so you got me there.)
  • Options
    @EnderW, I’m happy and sad for you at the same time. (I’m sure I’m misquoting it, but I’m thinking of Real Genius when Lazlo hears about Knight acing the test and failing anyway.)
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huge! I wish I had been able to do that, Mister Traveler. :) My antennae are bowing forward in awe. ^^
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I think I can safely declare I finally "caught them all."

Granted, there are three that aren't technically "out" yet, and I have a couple of weeks to let the TempDetJett stars drop organically... but I think it's fair to say I've immortalized all the crew now:

dd26ah583374.png

Congrats. I’ve done it 3 times. You can get them all on a Wednesday when this week’s pack is available and the announcement of next week’s event is delayed for whatever reason. More improbably and using much dilithium you can if you are very lucky at the Dabo table.
  • Options
    (A) Traveling Man(A) Traveling Man ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats. I’ve done it 3 times. You can get them all on a Wednesday when this week’s pack is available and the announcement of next week’s event is delayed for whatever reason. More improbably and using much dilithium you can if you are very lucky at the Dabo table.

Indeed. I do watch dabo like a hawk now - I've never won it, but I've never tried to clear the board. I would, if say, Barge Torres popped in there right now, but I haven't been so lucky!
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)