Midweek Event Unleashed - feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    And gauntlet remains a total lie.

If its a lie then how come I'm scoring 20 or more wins every single day? I plan on doing so every day until I get a 5/5 TKK.

Because you have the following:

Strong bonuses from collections (seasoned player)

Big pool of merits for refreshing opponents (seasoned player)

Strong pool of available gauntleteers (seasoned player)

And maybe some of the following:

Dilithium to refresh crew

Premium track to replenish merits

And most likely the following:

Denial that it would be in wrg’s best interest to manipulate gauntlet to maximize potential resource drain on players.

The answer to every question is money.

He/she assumes that because he/she has NEVER had a loss because of a bad beat from RNG {and we all believe that 100%} no one else ever has either.

The Ignore button does wonders for people spewing nonsense and stuff.
    I lose all the time. I remember losing match ups that should've been wins or seeing a 5% crit opponent go 3/3.

I also remember winning mirror matches when I had two levels of fatigue. RNG goes both ways.

I'm just pointing out that I get 20+ wins every day because I actively try to do well at the Gauntlet because I want the rewards. Loudly stating you know how to do Gauntlet and then failing at it makes me wonder if you're actually doing it right.

It helps that I remember people have been complaining about the Gauntlet since its release and I also remember when people run actual stats on it. The latter has consistently beat the former.

Finally, I can't remember the last time I managed to do a 15 win streak in one sitting. Guess I'm not as lucky as other posters....
    With a fifteen plus streak first time last night.

Where did you see me say that i fail at it? I said the thresholds for the OE were just fine.

It seems like youre intention is to be some kind of a chaivinist.

All i did was say that the numbers, odds, etc that are presented to the PLAYERS for them to make decisions about HOW THEY PLAY is not accurate. I have never failed to get the awards from the oe, or to place worse than 15th in the past 2 years.

So if thats failing i guess you can call me a dunce.

You whine enough about it to make me wonder.

My intention is to point out that if you put the effort into the Gauntlet, you'll get your 45 wins. It does require the right crew but at least some of those crew are obtainable if you choose.

Which you presented without facts whilst stating some ulteriour motive. Meanwhile you're actually succeeding at it without ever saying you have. I on the other hand plainly state I'm going to play the OE Gauntlet portion the same way I play the Gauntlet every day.

Whine enough about it? What are you talking about? I made a few posts in this thread, and you and your consortium of gauntlet champions started raking me over the coals for it.

This is the most toxic place ive ever seen. And its supposed to be star trek. You know, logical, exciting, FUN? OPENMINDED?????

What im claiming is true, and ill submit it to WRG, although that wont do much of anything because they already know what the dials are set at. And posting here does nothing because i cant even make a claim without people such as yourself saying that im whining. Outrageous.

I said above that the oe thresholds were fine. So if that is the crux of your beef with me, we can agree that you have issues with reading retention, and then we can call the horse dead and move on.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Another one tried it and bites the dust.
  • Options
    <insert eyeroll emoji here>
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the chroniton objective is locked behind completing all the other objectives from the next one. Bummer--it was the only one I enjoyed....

I don't suppose there's any chance of changing the arena objective sometime soon to something more interesting? I've said it before, but tanking is annoying... and without tanking it's too random.

I wouldn't mind if the gauntlet one got some variation too. (Sidenote: if players don't play the gauntlet normally, and only play it during this event, that to me is not a sign of a successful event, but rather that the gauntlet isn't very good. So maybe don't incentivise playing it so often?)
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

If its a lie then how come I'm scoring 20 or more wins every single day? I plan on doing so every day until I get a 5/5 TKK.

Denial that it would be in wrg’s best interest to manipulate gauntlet to maximize potential resource drain on players.

He/she assumes that because he/she has NEVER had a loss because of a bad beat from RNG {and we all believe that 100%} no one else ever has either.

I lose all the time. I remember losing match ups that should've been wins or seeing a 5% crit opponent go 3/3.

I also remember winning mirror matches when I had two levels of fatigue. RNG goes both ways.

I'm just pointing out that I get 20+ wins every day because I actively try to do well at the Gauntlet because I want the rewards. Loudly stating you know how to do Gauntlet and then failing at it makes me wonder if you're actually doing it right.

It helps that I remember people have been complaining about the Gauntlet since its release and I also remember when people run actual stats on it. The latter has consistently beat the former.

Finally, I can't remember the last time I managed to do a 15 win streak in one sitting. Guess I'm not as lucky as other posters....

Where did you see me say that i fail at it? I said the thresholds for the OE were just fine.

All i did was say that the numbers, odds, etc that are presented to the PLAYERS for them to make decisions about HOW THEY PLAY is not accurate. I have never failed to get the awards from the oe, or to place worse than 15th in the past 2 years.

My intention is to point out that if you put the effort into the Gauntlet, you'll get your 45 wins. It does require the right crew but at least some of those crew are obtainable if you choose.

Which you presented without facts whilst stating some ulteriour motive. Meanwhile you're actually succeeding at it without ever saying you have. I on the other hand plainly state I'm going to play the OE Gauntlet portion the same way I play the Gauntlet every day.

Actually, if read all of the post without forethought of bias opinion and from a neutral standpoint, @Princess_Uhura did very accurately explain how to play and win the gauntlet. Clearly it is getting done or the info of refreshes and how to compete competitively would not be stated. That was my take when i read the example of how to win, i assume it is being played.
    Also the points made are accurate. As a seasoned player myself, (beyond the previous RNG debates) i have noticed that a merit refresh brings you right back to the same skillset multiple times as pointed out. It is not entirely the same RNG broken gauntlet that we saw before. The skillset refresh rounds, the walls, have changed.
    I have also noticed the shuttle success rates are lower. For example just simple daily 7 shuttles, never used to fail. Now suddenly within 1-2 months i have noticed a pattern of simple daily shuttles failing sometimes. I dont know the ratio because i just move on and dont care. I just think “wow, that was odd”. But if i were a low lvl player this would be discouraging. My faction main event shuttles and strategy remain the same. No disruption there.

I play like i regularly play and if i get something from a midweek OE fine. If not fine. I recognized these things as a resource drain immediately. For F2P or low to mid level players it takes more than it returns.
    WRG said these things would be easily attainable goals for all. Then they got rid of the easy one because it broke and they are in no hurry to fix it, now the easiest part of the OE, the spend 400 chrons is broken. ????

With that stated, about a 12-18 months ago there was another thread and long debate over WRG stating “hoarding resources” was never an intent of the game makers.

Now we have resource burner midweek OE, more regular honor pack sales (just 1 example) while at the same time the easiest parts of the game like simple daily shuttles, arena rounds, gauntlet do seem to have an increased difficulty wether you are playing the midweek OE or not. Low to mid level players are becoming frustrated with regular daily play because they are failing every avenue more since the OE were introduced and they took away the easy one supposed to be for all lvl players.
    ?????????????

Edit addition: i have in the past recorded my gauntlet many times. I have watched it blatantly not count all my winning trophies. I watched it give a winning round to a Blue card with very low range (25-75) and no crit bonus compared to my high range gold with a 75% crit. RNG or not, as advertised with a range vs crit%, this is not correct. I logged out, multiple times logged back in to same count if trophies, then sent the videos (multiple over a months time) explaining i had already done the (log out fix) and these videos were compiled over a months time, in numerous gauntlets to WRG. I was told to log out, then back in. 😂
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it takes merits to finish the 45 rounds, but so what? I was running positive merits before the launch of OE without buying the campaign. The only other use for merits is converting them into honor via a merit pull.

I figure about 69 honor per 725 merit pull.

Even if I'm spending 10k merits(which I'm not), that's only losing 950 honor.

In exchange I'm earning a citation that normally costs 18k. I'll gladly keep turning my my merits into cites at that rate.

If someone already has all the 4* ff and is buying enough packs too ff the event crew every week, then maybe they'll feel differently. But for everyone else the exchange is a bargain.

And if someone wants to compare it to an honor sale, if the honor sale included 4* cites at 1k, I would buy enough cites to ff my 4* crew even if it meant buying one fewer 5* cite.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Yes it takes merits to finish the 45 rounds, but so what? I was running positive merits before the launch of OE without buying the campaign. The only other use for merits is converting them into honor via a merit pull.

In exchange I'm earning a citation that normally costs 18k. I'll gladly keep turning my my merits into cites at that rate.

If someone already has all the 4* ff and is buying enough packs too ff the event crew every week, then maybe they'll feel differently. But for everyone else the exchange is a bargain.

And if someone wants to compare it to an honor sale, if the honor sale included 4* cites at 1k, I would buy enough cites to ff my 4* crew even if it meant buying one fewer 5* cite.

You're a little low on the honor average as you do get 3 crew each time but even so, its still well worth burning the merits to get the Cite.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »

You're a little low on the honor average as you do get 3 crew each time but even so, its still well worth burning the merits to get the Cite.

Minimum {which I am well aware of!} is three 1* = 75 Honour.

But, the point of the Merits being best used to refresh Gauntlets {when it is beneficial} is on point.

The conditional beneficial is because you do hit points in Gauntlet where winning actually reduces the odds of getting a beatable opponent the next match-up because suddenly you are in the top 25 or even top10, and most opponents it gives you are going to have good Crew set, as well.

When that happens, I either try my luck and cross my fingers, or just go ahead and wait for the refresh time on my Crew. By then, hopefully you are back down some and can win some more.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, regarding the Arena, there are a lot of us who score our wins and then change to an un-staffed level 1 ship to help out others. It may take several refreshes, but these easy pickings are there. I encourage players to be patient until they get easy wins.

As for the Gauntlet data versus the perceptions of frustrated players, has anyone collected data about the consistency of 65% crit trait combinations for jackpot crew? It's been observed in this thread but I don't know of any firm documentation.
  • Options
    DAE wrote: »

Actually, if read all of the post without forethought of bias opinion and from a neutral standpoint, @Princess_Uhura did very accurately explain how to play and win the gauntlet. Clearly it is getting done or the info of refreshes and how to compete competitively would not be stated. That was my take when i read the example of how to win, i assume it is being played.
    Also the points made are accurate. As a seasoned player myself, (beyond the previous RNG debates) i have noticed that a merit refresh brings you right back to the same skillset multiple times as pointed out. It is not entirely the same RNG broken gauntlet that we saw before. The skillset refresh rounds, the walls, have changed.
    I have also noticed the shuttle success rates are lower. For example just simple daily 7 shuttles, never used to fail. Now suddenly within 1-2 months i have noticed a pattern of simple daily shuttles failing sometimes. I dont know the ratio because i just move on and dont care. I just think “wow, that was odd”. But if i were a low lvl player this would be discouraging. My faction main event shuttles and strategy remain the same. No disruption there.

I play like i regularly play and if i get something from a midweek OE fine. If not fine. I recognized these things as a resource drain immediately. For F2P or low to mid level players it takes more than it returns.
    WRG said these things would be easily attainable goals for all. Then they got rid of the easy one because it broke and they are in no hurry to fix it, now the easiest part of the OE, the spend 400 chrons is broken. ????

With that stated, about a 12-18 months ago there was another thread and long debate over WRG stating “hoarding resources” was never an intent of the game makers.

Now we have resource burner midweek OE, more regular honor pack sales (just 1 example) while at the same time the easiest parts of the game like simple daily shuttles, arena rounds, gauntlet do seem to have an increased difficulty wether you are playing the midweek OE or not. Low to mid level players are becoming frustrated with regular daily play because they are failing every avenue more since the OE were introduced and they took away the easy one supposed to be for all lvl players.
    ?????????????

Edit addition: i have in the past recorded my gauntlet many times. I have watched it blatantly not count all my winning trophies. I watched it give a winning round to a Blue card with very low range (25-75) and no crit bonus compared to my high range gold with a 75% crit. RNG or not, as advertised with a range vs crit%, this is not correct. I logged out, multiple times logged back in to same count if trophies, then sent the videos (multiple over a months time) explaining i had already done the (log out fix) and these videos were compiled over a months time, in numerous gauntlets to WRG. I was told to log out, then back in. 😂

Im glad that at least some people get it.
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    Again, regarding the Arena, there are a lot of us who score our wins and then change to an un-staffed level 1 ship to help out others. It may take several refreshes, but these easy pickings are there. I encourage players to be patient until they get easy wins.

As for the Gauntlet data versus the perceptions of frustrated players, has anyone collected data about the consistency of 65% crit trait combinations for jackpot crew? It's been observed in this thread but I don't know of any firm documentation.

First i would correct myself i typo’d 75% crit when i clearly meant 65% in my previous comment.

And to answer your question Mr. McClain, if i understood your question correctly?, i am not aware of any documentation of any crit value % having any barring on getting a jackpot crew. To my knowledge and research the gold cards pop randomly. I have no frustrations per say with the gauntlet except for (example)
    1. when it advertises a crit bonus of 45% on your lvl 100 Armus who is fully refreshed, then you lose a round to a blue card with a total (25-36) stat no crit bonus example.
    2. When it fails to count my trophies for winning rounds. If i win a round even 10 trophies should be added to my total and they often are not.
    I understand RNG and chance. I play the gauntlet with no expectations. I have ranked first plenty of times with no gold. I forgot i was in a gauntlet, had played 1 round in 48 hours. Finished absolute last and had a caretaker pop out of my 1 final reward box. I have had them drop as round rewards randomly in 56th place…. no streaks. They just drop when they drop. Basically if you aren't playing, you have no chance for the jackpot crew. That is my thought. The below attachment says something to this effect, although it does not state specifically that crit % or placement also has no relevance towards the card drops. But if they said all that, no one would dump merits or di for round or crew refreshes.

dpf7tytoe9so.jpeg
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

First i would correct myself i typo’d 75% crit when i clearly meant 65% in my previous comment.

And to answer your question Mr. McClain, if i understood your question correctly?, i am not aware of any documentation of any crit value % having any barring on getting a jackpot crew. To my knowledge and research the gold cards pop randomly. I have no frustrations per say with the gauntlet except for (example)
    1. when it advertises a crit bonus of 45% on your lvl 100 Armus who is fully refreshed, then you lose a round to a blue card with a total (25-36) stat no crit bonus example.
    2. When it fails to count my trophies for winning rounds. If i win a round even 10 trophies should be added to my total and they often are not.
    I understand RNG and chance. I play the gauntlet with no expectations. I have ranked first plenty of times with no gold. I forgot i was in a gauntlet, had played 1 round in 48 hours. Finished absolute last and had a caretaker pop out of my 1 final reward box. I have had them drop as round rewards randomly in 56th place…. no streaks. They just drop when they drop. Basically if you aren't playing, you have no chance for the jackpot crew. That is my thought. The below attachment says something to this effect, although it does not state specifically that crit % or placement also has no relevance towards the card drops. But if they said all that, no one would dump merits or di for round or crew refreshes.

dpf7tytoe9so.jpeg

Shan clarified that later when asked. Streak length does not change your odds. People often complain "I had an X streak and didn't get the crew", so that was her attempt to clarify that.

Any loot box can win the gauntlet crew. The higher level boxes have higher chances. But it's certainly possible to win TKK on a 3 streak or with the one box you get finishing last in gauntlet.
  • Options

dpf7tytoe9so.jpeg

Shan clarified that later when asked. Streak length does not change your odds. People often complain "I had an X streak and didn't get the crew", so that was her attempt to clarify that.

Any loot box can win the gauntlet crew. The higher level boxes have higher chances. But it's certainly possible to win TKK on a 3 streak or with the one box you get finishing last in gauntlet.

I think it was Red Angel Burnham? I got someone literally on the third win at the start of a Gauntlet.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

dpf7tytoe9so.jpeg

I think it was Red Angel Burnham? I got someone literally on the third win at the start of a Gauntlet.

That was how I got my very first gauntlet crew, Caretaker from the 3rd win of a gauntlet.
  • Options

Good collections. I'm at 740 Immortals now and I try to prioritize collections.
    No. I still spend more merits on crew pulls than gauntlet.
    True. I have stated before you shouldn't expect to compete until you've done your 20000 gauntlet rounds for Locutus. It took me about 6 months to do this. The Gauntlet was technically less competitive back than but I didn't have conveniences like Retrieval or Gary Seven either. I have 17 out of the top 20 Gauntlet crew.
    Never.
    See point #2.
    Merits aren't readily available for purchase currently and my Gauntlet habits haven't changed since it was introduced. Play well until you get the crew you want, farm merits otherwise.

I have 19 of the 20 best gauntlet crew. Strong collection bonuses, and have been playing this game since before gauntlet was part of it. I know how to play, and what im talking about.

Merits ARE readily available for purchase with the premium teack of the campaign.

Like i said, the crit chances displayed, and proficiency roll range displayed, which is what are used by players to determine if the match is winnable, are heavily HEAVILY skewed when you are on a battle with a loot box on the line. <b>This is a fact</b>.

The walls of gauntlet crew you face are beyond bullying. An example: you are in a “cmd” gauntlet, your one crew with med loses and is on cooldown timer. Use the merit refresh to see what skill pops up in battles the most. It will be med. if you want to prove me wrong, follow those specs and record your effort. Im working on my own litte expose that tou all will see soon enough.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"

I look forward to seeing your expose. If you can collect the evidence to prove this then we'll see what WRG says. If as in attempts by previous players you can't prove this, then it's just another case of apophenia.

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/11125/2500-rounds-of-gauntlet-data

@Princess_Uhura players have previously collected many thousands of gauntlet rounds and determined that the published crit chance is indeed the actual crit chance.

BUT if you want to go ahead and re-run this data collection and analysis, make it so.

Good point. Im sure that a test performed a few years ago, several game versions ago, on a gauntlet without balok or red angel is still relevant.

Because the gauntlet game code is absolutely not changeable. In any way. Even though the game has been updated with tons of client versions, new crew, etc since then.

Thanks.
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »

Good collections. I'm at 740 Immortals now and I try to prioritize collections.
    No. I still spend more merits on crew pulls than gauntlet.
    True. I have stated before you shouldn't expect to compete until you've done your 20000 gauntlet rounds for Locutus. It took me about 6 months to do this. The Gauntlet was technically less competitive back than but I didn't have conveniences like Retrieval or Gary Seven either. I have 17 out of the top 20 Gauntlet crew.
    Never.
    See point #2.
    Merits aren't readily available for purchase currently and my Gauntlet habits haven't changed since it was introduced. Play well until you get the crew you want, farm merits otherwise.

I have 19 of the 20 best gauntlet crew. Strong collection bonuses, and have been playing this game since before gauntlet was part of it. I know how to play, and what im talking about.

Merits ARE readily available for purchase with the premium teack of the campaign.

Like i said, the crit chances displayed, and proficiency roll range displayed, which is what are used by players to determine if the match is winnable, are heavily HEAVILY skewed when you are on a battle with a loot box on the line. <b>This is a fact</b>.

The walls of gauntlet crew you face are beyond bullying. An example: you are in a “cmd” gauntlet, your one crew with med loses and is on cooldown timer. Use the merit refresh to see what skill pops up in battles the most. It will be med. if you want to prove me wrong, follow those specs and record your effort. Im working on my own litte expose that tou all will see soon enough.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"

I look forward to seeing your expose. If you can collect the evidence to prove this then we'll see what WRG says. If as in attempts by previous players you can't prove this, then it's just another case of apophenia.

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/11125/2500-rounds-of-gauntlet-data

@Princess_Uhura players have previously collected many thousands of gauntlet rounds and determined that the published crit chance is indeed the actual crit chance.

BUT if you want to go ahead and re-run this data collection and analysis, make it so.

Good point. Im sure that a test performed a few years ago, several game versions ago, on a gauntlet without balok or red angel is still relevant.

Because the gauntlet game code is absolutely not changeable. In any way. Even though the game has been updated with tons of client versions, new crew, etc since then.

Thanks.

Is there anything about this game and the people who play it that you actually enjoy?

What are you implying? I am simply responding to a person who snubbed their nose at my observations, and who pointed to an old test of a similar claim.

The tone used by that person was pretty snotty, so i pointed out that their proof was old, outdated, and to be completely honest it was testing the gauntlet when the game wasnt even ran by the same company.

I dont think anything in my response should have ellicited the question you asked me. I dont understand why you are all attacking me for pointing out things that are wrong with the game.
  • Options
    There’s no helping this person.

3a3o5ylefqnu.jpeg

If by helping, you mean attempting to bully me into being quiet, then yes, you are absolutely correct that there is no helping me.
  • Options
    That’s the last one. Just reading your comments is exhausting. I can’t imagine being you. So this is goodbye.

Having 4 people “awesome” a post where you insult me by saying that you cant imagine being me is evidence of how nasty you and your little ring of chauvinists are.
  • Options
    aewna done and switched back to an empty Level One.
  • Options
    Frankly, I doubt any part of the code is changed unless necessary. After Gauntlet was developed and the bugs worked out, there were the changes made to allow for drops of the previous crew. What else? It's been mostly the same since I started 3..5 yrs ago.
    I know things can happen accidentally, but you generally don't mess with functioning code, if you don't have to. Why tempt fate?

While incidental, i will say that it used to be possible to farm gauntlet loot reward boxes for items on crew. Basically, if you had a crew you were building, there was a higher probability of the items that dropped from crates being exactly what you needed for that crew. When wrg took over that changed. I ticketed about it and they claimed i was full of it.

But i know other people used to farm those loot boxes like i did.

And to tell you the truth, the traits that are used for crit chance are obviously not randomly generated. Not when newly released crew (not just gauntlet crew) are getting feature gauntlets that match their traits.

I mean if nothing else, all of the items i have brought up should warrant attention from the players. Wrg wont care unless enough people call them out, because they obviously know what the dials are set at.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭

While incidental, i will say that it used to be possible to farm gauntlet loot reward boxes for items on crew. Basically, if you had a crew you were building, there was a higher probability of the items that dropped from crates being exactly what you needed for that crew. When wrg took over that changed. I ticketed about it and they claimed i was full of it.

Yeah, I receive sometimes items for my crew.

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a longstanding issue well before WRG took over. When you have a bunch of crew that need items you can get them from gauntlet/dabo. But as you mature as a player and have less crew you're working on you start getting unneeded items. It's annoying, but it's not a WRG conspiracy to cheat players.
  • Options
    It's a longstanding issue well before WRG took over. When you have a bunch of crew that need items you can get them from gauntlet/dabo. But as you mature as a player and have less crew you're working on you start getting unneeded items. It's annoying, but it's not a WRG conspiracy to cheat players.

Thats not what im talking about. It ised to be possible to farm specific items from gauntlet reward crates. (And also loot boxes in campaigns, they changed the code to where you could not force certain items to show up at the same time as gauntlet. Then they later removed them from campaign altogether.)