Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I'm much more inclined to believe incompetence in this case. Someone wrote code that randomly picked from all crew. They never thought to exclude crew out of the portal.

That would be an extreme level of incompetence.
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Besides, what's the benefit of making it crew out of the portal, it's not like they're selling the crew out of the portal? Why intentionally block players on something impossible if they can't sell something to unblock the players?

The benefit is that the boss can still be defeated without completing combo chains, if players spend a lot of dilithium for Valor refreshes. So they either spend dilithium grabbing up every new crew that shows up in a special booster pack to make sure they don't miss a combo chain requiring that crew, or they spend dilithium making up for the combo chains they couldn't get (and of course, they spend real cash to get more dilithium).

This is in line with my thinking on this.

And i dont consider it to be a wild conspiracy theory. From wrg’s standpoint, it makes sense to use a model as is described in the quoted text because they think they are going to increase the value of every rarity of crew.

Think back to when weg took over, first thing they offered was a 3 item pack that had a chance for picard at el-adrel, along with replication rations and a token amount of honor, and i think those packs were like 500 dilithium or something.

They had an interest in making money off of the lower rarity cards instead of giving them away, and i suspect we are going to see a market test of that very, very soon. It wont be a conspiracy theory after it happens.

And i think the above poster is right that they are hoping to make people paranoid about not capturing all the mewest crew, and potentially missing combos.

Because for fleets that arent as full or active, the combo chains are vital. Putting up a paywall is a way to capitalize on them. As bad as that sounds i think thats what is happening.

Edit: new thought. These nodes on the backend obviously are referring back to crew. There cant say, be a vedala jury righer or vedala dahar master. So it is somehow referring back to crew. And with 1200 crew in the game, to have vedala, which is limited to a single, unreleased crew, on many players and fleets combo chains is OBVIOUSLY proof that the intention is to block progress and “promote” the next greatest crew.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bound2Fate wrote: »
    Feedback from a one person fleet - apologies if this has already been raised by others.

Firstly, really enjoying the new feature. I have been playing the game for over 2 years now and hope to do so for the foreseeable future, so keep up the good work.

I was really hoping that the FBB wasn't going to force one person or small fleets to join larger fleets. I am sure that there are many like me who want to do things at their own pace and don't join larger fleets only because they don't have the time to devote to them etc. I am quite prepared to to "grind" and wait to get to the next stage etc (as long as the goal is achievable).

Having got to Captain's Bridge Level 3, I now realise that I won't be able to go any further as I will need to beat the easy boss in order to get Kemocite on the Normal Boss etc. The only way to beat the easy boss would be to spend thousands of dilithium (but as the boss hull strength noticeably increases with each difficulty then this option would unlikely be feasible).

I was initially hoping (wishful thinking) that the bridge bonuses would keep increasing with each bridge level until I could defeat the easy boss eventually and progress to the next level.

Can there be some other way to get Kemocite and other required elements etc i.e. via Campaign Tiers, voyages or even make them available to buy. I am sure there are other ways they could be made available for one person/tiny fleets that would enable them to compete (otherwise the feature will just become a white elephant very quickly).

Maybe I have missed something, so if any player has a suggestion how to get around this issue (short of joining a larger fleet, which I am not interested in at present) then as Spock would say "I am all ears" .
    Many Thanks

Supra

Exactly the same situation for me too--just hit level 3.

Unfortunately I think the only option is to join a fleet. Maybe may rename one of yours to the "singles" fleet. I know its not ideal, but it sure seems to be the direction. My fleet isn't much better off. we can't beat normal without spending so we'll be stuck just a little way past you.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Feedback from a one person fleet - apologies if this has already been raised by others.

Firstly, really enjoying the new feature. I have been playing the game for over 2 years now and hope to do so for the foreseeable future, so keep up the good work.

I was really hoping that the FBB wasn't going to force one person or small fleets to join larger fleets. I am sure that there are many like me who want to do things at their own pace and don't join larger fleets only because they don't have the time to devote to them etc. I am quite prepared to to "grind" and wait to get to the next stage etc (as long as the goal is achievable).

Having got to Captain's Bridge Level 3, I now realise that I won't be able to go any further as I will need to beat the easy boss in order to get Kemocite on the Normal Boss etc. The only way to beat the easy boss would be to spend thousands of dilithium (but as the boss hull strength noticeably increases with each difficulty then this option would unlikely be feasible).

I was initially hoping (wishful thinking) that the bridge bonuses would keep increasing with each bridge level until I could defeat the easy boss eventually and progress to the next level.

Can there be some other way to get Kemocite and other required elements etc i.e. via Campaign Tiers, voyages or even make them available to buy. I am sure there are other ways they could be made available for one person/tiny fleets that would enable them to compete (otherwise the feature will just become a white elephant very quickly).

Maybe I have missed something, so if any player has a suggestion how to get around this issue (short of joining a larger fleet, which I am not interested in at present) then as Spock would say "I am all ears" .
    Many Thanks

Supra

Unfortunately I think the only option is to join a fleet. Maybe may rename one of yours to the "singles" fleet. I know its not ideal, but it sure seems to be the direction. My fleet isn't much better off. we can't beat normal without spending so we'll be stuck just a little way past you.

Im worried about what this will mean for the game. This mass consolidation of active players into a few fleets. Thats definitely where the pressure is pushing players.

Kind of like killing the mom and pop stores in favor of walmart and target.

Well see.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »

Many Thanks

Supra

Im worried about what this will mean for the game. This mass consolidation of active players into a few fleets. Thats definitely where the pressure is pushing players.

Kind of like killing the mom and pop stores in favor of walmart and target.

Well see.

This is one area where I can appreciate the tough spot WRG is in. This game is organized around fleets and players have been asking for more collaborative stuff to do as a fleet for years, which has finally been introduced into the game.

If an individual or small group of players choose to shun the fleet system, they are still able to do so. It shouldn't come as a surprise that a fleet with far less than 50 active members won't be able to enjoy the same level of rewards as a fully active fleet.

Even a fleet full of relatively new players will be able to compete against the lower level enemies, building towards the tougher enemies as they advance themselves within the broader game.
  • Options
    As the Boss battles stand right now there are many things that need to be done to improve the experience. Rewards need to more fairly shared. There has to be a limit on who can start a battle and better ways to coordinate a fleets attacks. And we shoud have access to frozen crew from the combo screen. Valor recharges too slowly and is too expensive in Dilithium for anyone without deep pockets to compete.

I like the concept and I hope this feature will be improved upon.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    I keep finishing first in my group for the Easy. And I am useless. So that should say something.

Also, the Trait that is showing for Crew will not allow you to use Crew that have that Trait? Kind of useless.

suprbt6k8e3l.jpg
    6ng8zg1q6jdg.jpg

Kira is Bajoran and Burnham is Human

In 'select crew' you will only see crew that have at least 2 relevant traits.

Well, since one of those Traits is a hunting game, I feedback that that is stupid. Just another waste of Merits if we gotta unfreeze every 2* that MIGHT have the Trait we can't see, because the other Trait means NOTHING

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    My main account is at 277 merits needs 5 more wins in gauntlet
    My 2nd account is at 662 merits needs 3 more wins in gauntlet
    My 3rd account is at 2007 merits needs 12 more wins in gauntlet.

Game almost over for me.

My main and 2nd got some merits from campaign.
    Tomorrow my 3rd account will collect the 250 merits.
    All my accounts after a round of gauntlet got some merits, but I made sure not to refresh for this round.

My main 671 merits still need 2 wins in gauntlet.
    My 2nd 1043 merits finished gauntlet task.
    My 3rd 2105 merits still need 9 wins in gauntlet
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Game almost over for me.

All my accounts after a round of gauntlet got some merits, but I made sure not to refresh for this round.

Wrong thread, try the Midweek OE thread for these posts. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    WRG Ben wrote: »
    Hey all! I just want to thank everyone for the great and constructive feedback. We have been in the process of organizing the feedback on our end and mapping out when and how we go about making adjustments and fixes. Your ample feedback has made prioritizing bug fixes and feature enhancements way easier in our end and especially for Shan and myself.
    I can't thank you all enough.

We are happy with the initial reaction and that everyone is engaging with the feature and can see its potential; enjoying it enough to give useful and detailed ideas and feedback not just because we asked for it, but because you also love this game and community, and because you want to see it improve, grow, and ultimately help get these changes out sooner, which you have, and we hope you continue to do.

Obviously we cannot do it all but we understand there are some pain points and we are addressing them as fast as we can. We addressed a few of them with our server push yesterday (please give us feedback on the changes), but some others take much more time. We appreciate everyone's patience. This truly is an amazing community. We have some amazing things planned for the future of Fleet Boss Battles which the team and I are very excited to share in the near future. Cheers

Pain point #1 that you need to fix is robbing people blind of their merit points to play a feature that actually brings their fleet together. I can see my fleet already starting to give up.
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    @Princess_Uhura this is your post I'm replying to, but I messed up and deleted too far ...
    Edit: new thought. These nodes on the backend obviously are referring back to crew. There cant say, be a vedala jury righer or vedala dahar master. So it is somehow referring back to crew. And with 1200 crew in the game, to have vedala, which is limited to a single, unreleased crew, on many players and fleets combo chains is OBVIOUSLY proof that the intention is to block progress and “promote” the next greatest crew.

I'm 99% convinced that it picks a crew from the relevant rarity bands and then 2 or 3 traits that crew has. That way there's a guarantee that A Solution Exists to any particular puzzle, but in most (but not all) cases you can also solve it across multiple crew. But the fact that it's all crew, not crew in portal, does leave us with things like the Vedala situation where the only way anyone might have that one yet is via Dabo so most fleets will be stuck when it comes up.
  • Options
    @Princess_Uhura this is your post I'm replying to, but I messed up and deleted too far ...

I'm 99% convinced that it picks a crew from the relevant rarity bands and then 2 or 3 traits that crew has. That way there's a guarantee that A Solution Exists to any particular puzzle, but in most (but not all) cases you can also solve it across multiple crew. But the fact that it's all crew, not crew in portal, does leave us with things like the Vedala situation where the only way anyone might have that one yet is via Dabo so most fleets will be stuck when it comes up.

I wonder if they ought to query all the crew of all the players in that fleet at the moment the battle is started to pick only from crew that somebody has. That would help lower player count fleets to get combos to give them a better chance of defeating the boss, as well as giving any size fleet more of a reason to communicate and work together since they know someone has the solution. (Of course there are other problems with this idea, but I think it's better than how it's done now.)
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Game almost over for me.

I only listed gauntlet, to point out I may need to do refreshes.
    But if I plan to do another fleet boss battle I need merits to unfreeze crew.
    So I am begging WRG for some merits.
    I just want to let them know, that I did pickup some merits.
    The reason for the second post.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    We can finish Hard mode with only 20 people and without doing the nodes.
    Brutal is a different story but most of us are still around lvl 5. So we'll see when we are lvl 7 and what the upgrades will do on our damage output.
  • Options
    Because the Bridge also effects Arena's. It would help with decisions, on if you battle a ship or not. If we know there Bridge level too. Because it would be used to see if you think you can beat them or not.
  • Options
    madratmadrat ✭✭
    Nothing they did yesterday fixed anything. Unless they are willing to lest us use people who are frozen then this entire fleet battle boss thing is too much and has made the game unfun.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the Bridge also effects Arena's. It would help with decisions, on if you battle a ship or not. If we know there Bridge level too. Because it would be used to see if you think you can beat them or not.

Especially when it is an issue every week for the foreseeable future......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Game almost over for me.

I only listed gauntlet, to point out I may need to do refreshes.
    But if I plan to do another fleet boss battle I need merits to unfreeze crew.
    So I am begging WRG for some merits.
    I just want to let them know, that I did pickup some merits.
    The reason for the second post.

I guess I will just keep it going. From fleet boss rewards I collected some merits.
    And, another round of gauntlet, again no refresh.
    Main 849 merits finished task
    2nd. 1267 merits task finished
    3rd. 2490 merits still need 5 gauntlet wins. (2 rounds left)

Edit: All my accounts will have 4 valor in 3 hours about.
    So I guess I will try another battle.

Edit2: just thought would update my merit saga. I had to refresh 5 or more times to complete the gauntlet task on my 3rd account. I did start a Normal diff. Battle. Was able to do the combos. I am not sure , if I am going to bother anymore FBB.
    Might take that break from the game I had planned on after the faction event that had Brunt as the reward, that was were I lost most of merits pulling crew out of cryo.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peets wrote: »
    We can finish Hard mode with only 20 people and without doing the nodes.
    Brutal is a different story but most of us are still around lvl 5. So we'll see when we are lvl 7 and what the upgrades will do on our damage output.

Hard mode should achievable with about 12 players, if they are sufficiently coordinated and organised.

Wait 12 hours before starting the battle for 4 valour to build up, and hit the nodes, you could probably manage it with 8 players.

Brutal should be achievable with an organised size 50 fleet, unfortunately mine is not organised.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    It happened again.
    78mxe44kkcns.jpg

We've tried a few possibilities for that last node, the only remaining possibility is Shroomies (Saboteur+Hunter), naturally nobody in the fleet has them (another Tuesday purple). And before anyone suggests it, I looked into splitting the traits across multiple crew. Turns out Shroomies are the only Crafty+Hunter in the whole game, at any rarity. This was only the 2nd combo chain, so that's 30% more damage that we're going to have to grind our way through.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Not everyone wants to be in a giant fleet. I tried doing the big social game experience before, it just gave me more anxiety than anything else. I just want to be able to play the same game available to everyone else by myself.

Joining a Fleet is a big social game experience? I don’t think so. The existence of this post is more words than I’ve seen from many in my fleet.

My fleet really doesn’t require anything except doing your dailies. I’m sure there are others that are just the same.

I agree, not all fleets gives you anxiety problems. If you are daily active that is just fine with most fleets. You do not have to play gauntlet at the right moment or push in event if you do not want or have any resources.

@Salamander Paris you have probably been in not so pleasant fleet before.
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    Most of my fleet really enjoy the “puzzle” factor here. Fleet communication has never been this high before.
    Very nice that the personal rewards were awarded at lower damage too - this helps lower level players too.
    Pity that it costs so much merits to unfreeze crew. And we can only unfreeze a limited amount of crew. And we lack the slots too.
    Also a pity that valor costs dilithium and refreshes only every 3 hours.
    It would be nice too if players who already unlocked nodes, can still see the remaining traits so they can still help with the puzzle.
    Overall, we think it’s a nice addition to the game. Chapeau! Good luck working on the bugs
  • Options
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    And before anyone suggests it, I looked into splitting the traits across multiple crew. Turns out Shroomies are the only Crafty+Hunter in the whole game, at any rarity.

I don't get this. Splitting across multiple crew means you could do one crew that has Crafty, one that has Hunter, and one that has Saboteur. Splitting the traits across multiple crew does not mean you need to have the revealed trait plus one of the hidden traits on the same crew.

You could, for example, use Zarabeth (Crafty), GI Chakotay (Hunter), and Dejaren (Saboteur), or a wide variety of other crew that each have one of those traits. If you do that, take screenshots and post it here if it doesn't work, because my fleet has been operating on the understanding that doing it this way should work (so far it's never been a problem, but I'd still want to know).

If that doesn't work out and you are convinced that you must have the revealed trait and one hidden trait on the same crew (I'm pretty sure you're wrong, but just to be thorough), you could still use Antedian Assassin (Crafty / Saboteur) instead of Shroomies.