Home The Bridge

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    @Sulu's Husband I don’t think you can actually finish level 20, only reach it and claim that 1x premium pull over and over. By reaching it you’ve maxed out all the available bonuses so you are “done” until they add more levels which I hope is soon. There’s nothing else to do otherwise.
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sulu's Husband I don’t think you can actually finish level 20, only reach it and claim that 1x premium pull over and over. By reaching it you’ve maxed out all the available bonuses so you are “done” until they add more levels which I hope is soon. There’s nothing else to do otherwise.

At least there is an indication on the VIP level
    ywi4spfhajh2.jpeg

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple question. How do you know if you have finished level 20? I know I have have exceeded the magnesite level and turned it green a few times but don’t see any indication I’ve completed the level. 7dyn4cbk96je.png

That's it.

"You've reached maximum Bridge Level."

After that, you can just spend ridiculous amounts of materials to receive a Single Premium Pull.

💤💤💤💤💤💤
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    @WRG Ben @WRG_JOE Are there any changes planned for the reward structure on Nightmare and Ultra-Nightmare (similar to what was done on Brutal)? For the smaller fleets, or fleets with less developed players, it can be impossible to 100% the boss. I know in our fleet we can hit anywhere from 30-60% on nightmare. Without any changes, it’s just another bottleneck for us and becomes a useless game function.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WRG Ben Are there any changes planned for the reward structure on Nightmare and Ultra-Nightmare (similar to what was done on Brutal)? For the smaller fleets, or fleets with less developed players, it can be impossible to 100% the boss. I know in our fleet we can hit anywhere from 30-60% on nightmare. Without any changes, it’s just another bottleneck for us and becomes a useless game function.

Ditto. My fleet can consistently hit 50% on Nightmare, but we've only hit 60% once or twice.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been away for a while, is the update that asserts that at least 2 crew can satisfy a node been available? I remember being in the planning notes, but I haven't seen any announcement regarding that
  • Kanon wrote: »
    I've been away for a while, is the update that asserts that at least 2 crew can satisfy a node been available? I remember being in the planning notes, but I haven't seen any announcement regarding that

From what my fleet and some others have seen. This was introduced recently, only on Ultra Nightmare FBB. The rest of the FBB levels, haven't had this rule introduced.

There have been no official announcements from WRG surrounding it being released only for Ultra Nightmare FBB.
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »

From what my fleet and some others have seen. This was introduced recently, only on Ultra Nightmare FBB. The rest of the FBB levels, haven't had this rule introduced.

There have been no official announcements from WRG surrounding it being released only for Ultra Nightmare FBB.
    Thanks

Maybe they are testing it on Ultra, or they are evaluating if this makes the other difficulties too easy to solve...
  • AndrewAndrew ✭✭✭
    @WRG Ben @WRG_JOE Are there any changes planned for the reward structure on Nightmare and Ultra-Nightmare (similar to what was done on Brutal)? For the smaller fleets, or fleets with less developed players, it can be impossible to 100% the boss. I know in our fleet we can hit anywhere from 30-60% on nightmare. Without any changes, it’s just another bottleneck for us and becomes a useless game function.

Ditto here, also.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    A fleetmate asked me to find this out - this is not something I have personally experienced or noticed, but this fleetmate is reporting that the damage done at the end of their Boss battle is not correctly adding up to their leader board total.

E.g. they are on 300K on the board, they run a Boss battle, score another 300K, but the leaderboard total now shows 450K.

Has this been happening for others?
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • There haven been reports of this kind. try leaving boss battled and re-entering it, sometime it needs time to adjust data.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭

Ditto here, also.

+1
    My fleet is starting to bottle as well. We're only about 15-20 active players and we don't expect to make 50% every time, but we'd like for it to count when we do. Large, active fleets have probably sailed through this point, but we can't do that.
    We're more peck it to death by ducks in our approach out of necessity. We have a good number of newer players, so we do a lot of teaching and helping out on lower levels to help them catch up. If the same adjustment were made to Nightmare, we'd still only get a few per week. That's certainly no slight to the big fleets, who have already passed that. We're never going to beat Nightmare without building our Bridges and smaller fleets get to the point we can't do that without beating Nightmare. It's the classic Catch-22.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    An easy solution to smaller Fleets not being able to complete Fleet Battles is just to remove the timer. It may take 3 times as long but at least you get the rewards eventually.
  • Thurthorad wrote: »
    An easy solution to smaller Fleets not being able to complete Fleet Battles is just to remove the timer. It may take 3 times as long but at least you get the rewards eventually.

Yes, and also removing the lock out so that people can keep unlocking nodes as long as they have or purchase the valor to do it. (Wrg this would drive valor sales).
  • Thurthorad wrote: »

I mean that just makes so much sense. And doesn’t seem like it would be hard to do

• SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d love it, if on nightmare and ultra-nightmare, they would tier the rewards (like was done on Brutal). Our fleet never destroys the boss. This last mini-event we made a big push and got 99%, which gave us nothing of the special item needed to advance bridge crew. Just *tsk.tsk* ridiculous. Just the new bottleneck…
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we're going to be stuck with this boss for a while, I'd love some new crew that create new strategies.

How about 15% hull repair, but half the cycle time so you're clicking them more often. Or 25% hull repair with longer cool down, but if you pair them with a cool down reducer ship you can repair your hull more often. I could even see 30-40% hull repair being interesting if the cool down time was long enough to avoid being over powered.

Higher value shield repair or quick cycle shield repair to make use of regeneration is another defensive option.

For attack, what about more 400% or even 450% unlimited burst, but pair it with a positioning trigger so you need to pick the right ship to make use of the ability. Or the longer cool down paired with a cool down reducer ship for attack.

Even some super high passive stats to improve everything could be a strategic tradeoff vs high special abilities.

There are plenty more options out there. But we need crew released to make use of them rather than the same stale ship abilities we keep seeing.
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    When a new account is created the default is 2 shuttle bays. Players have the ability to use dilithium to permanently increase their shuttle bays to 3 and 4 shuttles.

All accounts start with a default of 4 possible Valor before it stops automatically recharging, being able to use dilithium to permanently increase this above 4 is something I would gladly like the ability to do.

Maybe a new starbase room....
  • Why is it still possible for non officers to start a new boss battle?
    Many months ago we were promised this would be rectified.
    It is very annoying that some new chum not understanding what he"s starting puts our whole fleet on notice. Either finish the badly started boss battle with best hitters becomeing aware too late. Or lose the window to hit that boss for a whole day. Please could you see to it to deliver this promise made so long ago?
  • @A1llas I think that’s part of the much delayed 9.2.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something's gotta give. I'm growing sick of consistently scoring ~62% damage because I can only get a few fleet members to help work out chain combos. Ergo, those of us who do forfeit racking up much damage points because the crew who might unlock a node are worthless in ship battles, especially as a quartet. Maybe I'm just an awful admiral whose weaknesses were previously masked. If so, that's on me. But it can't be all of these veteran admirals struggling who were also skating by until FBB's. With the in-game infrastructure as it is, I just don't know what else to try at this point. I'm becoming resentful, not of my fleet mates, but of the game altogether. Ennui was bad enough, but I've slogged through that. Resentment is something else.
  • JoeSage 2JoeSage 2 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Something's gotta give. I'm growing sick of consistently scoring ~62% damage because I can only get a few fleet members to help work out chain combos. Ergo, those of us who do forfeit racking up much damage points because the crew who might unlock a node are worthless in ship battles, especially as a quartet. Maybe I'm just an awful admiral whose weaknesses were previously masked. If so, that's on me. But it can't be all of these veteran admirals struggling who were also skating by until FBB's. With the in-game infrastructure as it is, I just don't know what else to try at this point. I'm becoming resentful, not of my fleet mates, but of the game altogether. Ennui was bad enough, but I've slogged through that. Resentment is something else.

I hear ya, @Travis S McClain, but I would just hang in there & unlock/damage what you can as you can; my fleet & I couldn't even clear BRUTAL until STT added the rewards @ 50% & 75% so when we hit those we could upgrade & finally got to NIGHTMARE (which we will prolly be on forever...) I will prolly play until they shut the servers off, but I feel your frustration & also eagerly await FBB officer only starting battles!!
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

FBB was clearly built for the elderly players. Between the crew needed, the commitment to the game, and the lack of in game tools, the hardest levels are an impossible lift for casual players. It has effectively split the player base into three categories. 1) The best fleets that are rolling in honor and racking up hundreds of citations right now because they've been honor farming for months. 2) The committed players in good enough fleets who have been stuck for months at max bridge waiting on the update and are growing resentful at the wasted magensite while trying to help the rest of our fleet advance. And 3) the fleets with two many casual players that are not interested in the team work and communication needed to beat the boss.

There was not enough thought put into what would happen to mixed fleets. Uneven rewards and forced bottlenecks that force half the fleet to sacrifice and make no progress for the rest of the fleet. This could have been fixed month ago, but they've still refused to adjust the bridge rewards. And the issue with players not earning credit for solving nodes has been pointed out since day one and the offered solutions of boosts only further amplified that few players are sacrificing for the sake of the rest of the fleet.

And to make matters worse, the entire mechanism has already become stale. The first month was exciting trying out different crew to see who could provide optimal damage, but once that was done it's just been wash and repeat. There have been no new crew or changes to make players re-adjust their strategies. FBB has become just another daily slog. There really was potential here, but I'm not sure any of the designers understand what makes gameplay fun.

@SSR Barkley was right: Nothing here is new enough to re-attract "elderly" players. And you are right, @AviTrek ; It got stale in a hurry, and the structural difficulties with fleets will only exacerbate the frustration.

LLAP
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably the most important thing to change, outside of the locking of who can start Battles, is every higher level of the Battles needs to drop at least SOME of the stuff the lower levels drop. That would help Fleets feel unified, rather than divided by having to alternate between NM & UNM. Our Fleet works like a family, but I will not assume that every other Fleet has no one who is not a little bitter about the current arrangement. I am sure there is someone who does not like waiting on their progress because they are doing a Battle that does not drop the one thing they need. Whether they need the NM or the UNM.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Just remove the timers. Quick fix and solves so many issues
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

1) The best fleets that are rolling in honor and racking up hundreds of citations right now because they've been honor farming for months.

I imagine the weaker fleets shouldn’t have too much trouble farming Hard mode for honour. It’s not very exciting but it’s at least easy and attainable to kill hard multiple times per day.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals