Home The Bridge

Key information about event: Advance Directive (Mega-Event #3) - 08/16

Comments

• AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did read something during the initial skirmish release which made me think, and I did think it was ambiguous but never found a definitive answer to it... And no-one else seems to have asked. I certainly haven't noticed a difference, but you can't apply perception to probability!
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Aldude wrote: »
    I did read something during the initial skirmish release which made me think, and I did think it was ambiguous but never found a definitive answer to it... And no-one else seems to have asked. I certainly haven't noticed a difference, but you can't apply perception to probability!

From the notes for the first Skirmish event:

“Important distinction for bonus crew: each battle in a Skirmish has its own traits to match, bonus crew provide a better trait match bonus. (Similarly to a Galaxy Event when building an event item)” [emphasis added]

I underlined the trait-matching, because even if stacking bonus crew is pointless, rotating bonus (ideally, Event) crew through the redshirt-seat might be a good idea.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5573/key-information-about-the-event-catching-fire-first-skirmish-event-05-31-q-a-edit/p1
    🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Lummelunda wrote: »
    I like Phlox much better than I like the Dominion, so no complaints from me. :p

I don't remember Yelgrun. Was he the one they accidentally killed and then had to remote control so that he would look alive when they were exchanging him for Ishka? That was an interesting episode.

No that was Keevan. This dude was Iggy Pop who came to bring Keevan back to the Dominion

Ah. I don't really know Iggy Pop except by name and when I was watching DS9 I had no idea what he looked like or that he was in an episode, so that information doesn't help me remember unfortunately, but thanks for clarifying!
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I like Phlox much better than I like the Dominion, so no complaints from me. :p

I don't remember Yelgrun. Was he the one they accidentally killed and then had to remote control so that he would look alive when they were exchanging him for Ishka? That was an interesting episode.

No that was Keevan. This dude was Iggy Pop who came to bring Keevan back to the Dominion

Ah. I don't really know Iggy Pop except by name and when I was watching DS9 I had no idea what he looked like or that he was in an episode, so that information doesn't help me remember unfortunately, but thanks for clarifying!

g3kqozz4zyaz.jpeg

Iggy Pop playing Yelgrun...

He’s the one sent to bring back the (accidentally killed) Keegan... “I hate Ferengi”... “I thought the Breen were annoying” as he plodded through Quark’s negotiations to free Moogie.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I need to save my dilithium to get a ship pack and hope for the best and have some luck mixed in. My Intrepid is a POS.😧 At least I got crew.
    Any other ships I could use? I remember reading someone used the Lvl 1 or 2 T'ong on epic last skirmish event and they passed all 5 stages. Anybody have similar luck? Any other strategy?

if you're on a monthly card but hurting for good ships i would HIGHLY recommend doing the 10 dilithium pull from Dabo every day...that seems to ALWAYS drop ship schematics for me!
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

“Important distinction for bonus crew: each battle in a Skirmish has its own traits to match, bonus crew provide a better trait match bonus. (Similarly to a Galaxy Event when building an event item)” [emphasis added]

I underlined the trait-matching, because even if stacking bonus crew is pointless, rotating bonus (ideally, Event) crew through the redshirt-seat might be a good idea.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5573/key-information-about-the-event-catching-fire-first-skirmish-event-05-31-q-a-edit/p1
    🖖🏻

🖖🏻

If it took less time to find and replace the crew in the UI, you might have a point. As it stands, my crew selections will never change in a skirmish unless I don't have a 2x crew from the start. It just takes way too long to micromanage it.

Agreed.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Hi, Is the website up and running ?
    Since yesterday I cannot log on,
    just get a white screen.

Mo..........................
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the early mega-events (Borg and Klingon), we got new Borg and Klingon crew each week. Totally made sense. Why doesn't that happen anymore?

The Borg event made me pull my hair out trying to build those stupid nodes and stuff. The Klingon event had me screaming at a lack of blood wine. Whenever the characters are all the same faction, you're going to be struggling to equip them.

To be honest, I kinda prefer it when I DON'T have to build the same stuff over and over for a month.

I'm with @GhostStalker on this point. I actually ended up 86-ing a Borg here and a Klingon there during those first two megas just because I was sick of farming and crafting the same few things ad infinitum.
  • I’m all for a new Phlox, even one from a crazy sex dream, but not in the middle of a Dominion mega-event. So naturally, as seems to be usual for DB, they put a random Sex Dream Phlox into the Dominion mega-event.

Yay for Yelgren and the use of Goran’Agar though! Now that’s Dominion characters!
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m all for a new Phlox, even one from a crazy sex dream, but not in the middle of a Dominion mega-event. So naturally, as seems to be usual for DB, they put a random Sex Dream Phlox into the Dominion mega-event.

Yay for Yelgren and the use of Goran’Agar though! Now that’s Dominion characters!

I’m in total agreement. Phlox in a Dominion mega? But I want that Phlox! And I’m all over Iggy Pop too. I will be fully participating in this event!

• S31 wrote: »
    Wait until Kirshara Archer appears as a final legendary. Why? For no reason at all.

I'll actually take that if it happens. I've been patient for long enough.

Rofl!
  • Skirmish event. "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines." Tap Tap Tap, Pew Pew Pew.....

...and they're blinking...and they're flashing... I can't stand it anymore!
  • I hope Phlox has the AWESOME medical skill I've been waiting for, or none of this will be worth the four days of grinding.
  • i wish for the last mega event to have for legendary Martok founder or Admiral Ross founder or Chancelor Martok
    94 Legendary, 4x 5/5 , 8,x 4/5 , 2x 3/5 , 11x 2/5 , 68x 1/5 ,
    78 FE ,78 Lvl 100,
    Immortalized: 190
    Vip:12 Lvl :64
  • During the early mega-events (Borg and Klingon), we got new Borg and Klingon crew each week. Totally made sense. Why doesn't that happen anymore?

The Borg event made me pull my hair out trying to build those stupid nodes and stuff. The Klingon event had me screaming at a lack of blood wine. Whenever the characters are all the same faction, you're going to be struggling to equip them.

To be honest, I kinda prefer it when I DON'T have to build the same stuff over and over for a month.

a month? I was building those *chocolate cronut* Klingons for 7 months after that Mega!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    During the early mega-events (Borg and Klingon), we got new Borg and Klingon crew each week. Totally made sense. Why doesn't that happen anymore?

I'm with @GhostStalker on this point. I actually ended up 86-ing a Borg here and a Klingon there during those first two megas just because I was sick of farming and crafting the same few things ad infinitum.

But at least it felt like crew was building towards something. Play hard in early events and have crew to use in later events. Now we get a Jadzia, Ross, Yar, and Phlox and as soon as their event is done they provide nothing. It might as well be a normal event. Other than Ruafo, there is nothing Mega about this Mega event.

I think the major theme here:
    The Mega Events (Mirror not suggested, but it is also true) helped to shape the universe.
    Borg Event brought more Borg characters
    Klingon Event brought more Klingon characters
    Mirror Event brought more Mirror characters
    (Even Discovery Mega(s) brought more Discovery Characters [Don't HIT ME!])

This Dominion Event seems "meh" in Dominion Characters, in a universe which has a need for more.

(I'm still playing though)
    [Please don't ban me]
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Ice ManIce Man ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else's Arena and Skirmish battle screen make the text get larger and larger each battle until it completely overflows the screen? It's like they had a <fontsize +1> and forgot to end it.
  • Wait, wait, wait, I don’t know why I’m just now realizing this but instead of giving us a new Dominion 3 or 4 * ship and a new 5 * ship and using the existing Dominion 2* ship, you’re giving us a new 2*, not using the existing 2* in the event, using an Interprid 3* for some odd reason, and then finally giving us a 5* Dominion ship?!?

Also, shouldn’t ANY Dominion ships give some kind of bonus in a Skirmish event within a Dominion mega-event? And again, why the Interprid class? I mean, a random, crappy 3*? Really? You could have at least used a random 4* instead, maybe a newer one like the Avenger even. Oh well.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ice Man wrote: »
    Does anyone else's Arena and Skirmish battle screen make the text get larger and larger each battle until it completely overflows the screen? It's like they had a <fontsize +1> and forgot to end it.

This happened to me in both of the previous Skirmish events but I have not seen it in the arena. Sounds like a topic for the Engineering Room.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

But at least it felt like crew was building towards something. Play hard in early events and have crew to use in later events. Now we get a Jadzia, Ross, Yar, and Phlox and as soon as their event is done they provide nothing. It might as well be a normal event. Other than Ruafo, there is nothing Mega about this Mega event.

Granted, so far the super rares are all going in the freezer, but I'm super happy with my future 1400+ base engineer. So long event, and thanks for all the fish :wink:
  • Gotta say Diseased Changeling Founder is on every shuttle rotation in this event, and it's one of the most successful ones too.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta say Diseased Changeling Founder is on every shuttle rotation in this event, and it's one of the most successful ones too.

Yeah, using her. Also Thot Gor and Kilana. Didn’t use Weyoun or regular Changeling Founder on any of them though.

• {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta say Diseased Changeling Founder is on every shuttle rotation in this event, and it's one of the most successful ones too.

Yeah, using her. Also Thot Gor and Kilana. Didn’t use Weyoun or regular Changeling Founder on any of them though.

My FE 1/4 Thot Gor has been completely useless. Same for my 3/5 Changeling Founder.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

My FE 1/4 Thot Gor has been completely useless. Same for my 3/5 Changeling Founder.

My Thot Gor is FF/FE. Used citations. My Founder is also 3/5 and useless
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

My Thot Gor is FF/FE. Used citations. My Founder is also 3/5 and useless

I think I had Thot Gor on one mission before I used the citation deal to FF him. Now he is a regular. My 2/5* Founder is in a similar boat, only she is still at 2/5* and isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same for Thot Gor. He has been great once I cited him.