Home The Bridge

Key information about event: Advance Directive (Mega-Event #3) - 08/16

Comments

• RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why on Earth is Dukat in the ranked rewards? I figured for sure it'd be Surgeon Phlox.
  • That's a damn strange one!
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess because Keevan is the monthly reward? He'd be the only one other than Phlox who would make any sense.

Boy they did not think this one through, did they?
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stats are meh. Sad.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, looks like Yelgrun's going in the deep freeze after all. Also, musician trait? I need to re-watch this episode I guess.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me, but the Burnham/Janeway "humor" is getting real stale. The last Janeway in an event was Mirror Janeway to close out the Mirror Mega in December. The last Burnham was in mid February.

Since that Burnham event, we've had the following as event characters:
    3x Quark (Rossoff, Klingon, Martian)
    2x Jake Sisko (War Correspondent and Best Selling Author)
    2x Jadzia Dax (Bell Riots, Alternate Future)
    2x Garak (Obsidian Order, Mirror)
    2x Picard (Dixon Hill, Romulan Picard)
    2x Geordi (Alan-a-Dale, Interfaced)
    2x Dukat (Bajoran, Breen Disguise)
    2x Paris (Mutated, Combat Medic)
    2x Troi (Rakal, Mintankan)

Maybe that joke can be retired?

I have had to stop myself from starting a thread to beg the Burnham/Janeway jokes to be retired for almost two months now so I appreciate that you said this, @Peachtree Rex. Also, Jadzia has been in more events than any other character (10, to Janeway's 8 and Burnham's...3). Funny how no one whines about her.

There is one legitimate complaint about Burnham, though, that I'll concede and that's that Graduation and Prospect both felt entirely too peripheral as variants to be as powerful as they were. They were more appropriate as 3*'s, honestly, which brings up the point that to date, there are zero 3* Disco crew.

More events, yes, more megas, I'd have to check but I'd put money on it being closer to even or Janeway being ahead in that respect.

However, it is interesting how Jadzia is more embraced by a larger segment of the community here. I wonder why (innocent look)

I can't tell if that is a serious question, but I'll treat it as such. The other interpretation I read is that you assume she is only liked because of her looks.

I like Dax, though she is not my favorite. I like the character. I like her self-confidence and how she doesn't need to prove anything to herself or anyone else. I feel Uhura, Chapel, and Crusher are the same way. They are good role models for my daughters in that respect. I most like Hoshi. (Not the mirror version.) She is not self confident, but highly intelligent and possibly the most courageous of ALL Star Trek characters. She constantly does more than can be expected despite her personal fears. She is also a good role model. I would love to see more of her, but as has been mentioned a lot, she was not given very many episodes to have much possible variety for STT cards.

I don't care for Janeway. I don't hate her, but I find her voice grating and her character, while not bad, is just not so likable to me. I can't explain it. It is as if she constantly has to prove herself. I don't hate her by any means, but I don't love her, either. Burnham is a crew I've never seen. I would watch Discovery, but I won't pay for CBS app just for one show. My introduction to her is from a small clip of her fighting ruthlessly and from her event in the game as a Fun Sponge. I hope there is more to her and when I get a chance to watch, I may love her. As it is, I don't. I agree it is time to give them a break from the jokes on the forum. I also don't much like T'Pol. She grows on you, but I never liked her condescending attitude or her disdain for everything or her smugness. She was in enough episodes that I grew to understand her and feel for her at times, but she was either badly written or badly cast.

My personal like it dislike for any crew has nothing to do with physical appearance. I ask myself if this person would be a good example to me or to my daughters.

Wow and I thought I was known for assuming the worst... stealin my gig!

You can assume it is for looks, but you could also assume a better written character with a more charismatic actress that is more committed to fandom than most other folks still around, from the most popular element of the franchise on this forum. DS9 has won hands down over every other series in every forum poll so far. TNG inches closer sometimes, but seriously, if the folks in the forum represent the most hardcore players in the game, DS9 is where it is at, and thus Dax/Sisko, etc.

You could also assume it being that both Voyager and Discovery are waaaay down on the list as far as folks favorites. (though there are fans, Discovery and the Animated Series always contend for last in the "Whats your favorite series" on polls here, usually Enterprise and then Voyager vs TOS for the next spot up.)

Unfortunately for some folks this is an inflammatory statement hence the 'innocent look', especially since I'm repeating myself from a few months back.

That's why you'll see either little or no pushback on Dax, but not even close to the level of Janeway and Burnham. In addition, I don't believe there has been a non-canon Dax. In addition, Janeway was in 4 megas IN A ROW. In fact it was the first four. If the jokes hadn't started I'm betting we'd still be getting Janeways every other month. Had the same with Rikerapalooza in the 2017.

And Burnham, frankly, there's some folks who love her and some folks who hate her.

If it was looks alone, well, Burnham's damn hot by a lot of accounts, and frankly I think the Discovery cast might be the most overall physically attractive since TOS, which puts yet another layer of disbelief on it in my eyes.

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stats are meh. Sad.

Yup. Definitely no power creep here. Shame for Yelgrun.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Yowsers, <snip> ˜Shan. Guess I'll just see how long I want to reap rewards before I get too bored. Not even worth ranking to finish First Goran.

I think it's a safe call now, this mehga event is a thorough let down, but at least I got a good base engineer.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    So who are we picking for ship crew? I plan to set it and forget it. Anyone jumping out?

Borg Cube with a Diseased Founder for the bonus would be alright. That's what I'll be starting with.

Not going to use an event crew for the full bonus?

Derp. I forgot about it needing to be event crew. I'll just stick whoever in a spot. Perhaps Ru'afo.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    With First Goran immortalized, and little desire for this Phlox, it will be threshold-and-out! I got almost enough honor from the 20 packs I just opened to add the final star for Yelgrun, making this a relaxing weekend for me.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    Ugh, looks like Yelgrun's going in the deep freeze after all. Also, musician trait? I need to re-watch this episode I guess.

My guess is that the Musician trait is a nod more to Iggy Pop than anything the character did. Which, honestly, I am okay with.

Oh, good call. I didn't even think of that.

TRAIT ACCEPTED, DB.

Now bump up his stats.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides Ru'Afo's ENG, the stats in this mega have been really disappointing
    And it's also entertaining that only days after releasing Ru'afo they released Amelia Earhart with even better ENG

Bust of a mega IMO
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    And it's also entertaining that only days after releasing Ru'afo they released Amelia Earhart with even better ENG

Bust of a mega IMO

Grandma Dax has fantastic science though.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

Bust of a mega IMO

Phlox has the highest voyage score for any character with MED and CMD and 17th overall. There are only 2 others that are even close to his score with MED/CMD (The Keeper and Capt Bev Picard).

Alternate Future Dax from a few weeks ago has the top SCI base score in the game.

So...I'm not really sure what you mean by "the stats have been disappointing". Not every card can (or even should) hit it out of the park. Some power creep is expected. Too much is a very bad thing.
  • Ok, the artwork and stats are out now and everyone looks great! I frankly love that they gave Yelgrun the Musician trait, lol. However, I should point out two important things about Reverend Phlox. One, this is the very definition of being in a costume if he’s a real person, and two, how is he a real person?

That particular Phlox comes from a dream Archer had. He’s not real. So if he’s not real, then he should have some kind of trait acknowledging that aspect. If he IS real somehow, we need to know how and maybe why. Is he a hologram? Did Q create him from Archers mind? Is he a Phlox clone created by the Dominion and in disguise? Or did one of the real Phloxes suddenly decide he wanted to become a Catholic priest? Answers from many of these questions should give us a more definable character, as well as some appropriate traits.

He looks fantastic and his stats are enviable, but I REALLY need an explanation and some further information. I hope I’m not the only one.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • PenguinJim wrote: »
    [quote="

(Fun fact! He didn't fly the Dominion Battlecruiser to Empok Nor himself. He was a passenger.)

Beautifully done, Bravo!
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember when the first Discovery event had those massively OP characters? Is that why we always expect power creep? Because of Discovery crew?
  • Or did one of the real Phloxes suddenly decide he wanted to become a Catholic priest?

I'm Evangelical, so I might be wrong on this, but I think since he's called Reverend (rather than something like Father), he's probably gone to one of the older Protestant denominations (Anglican, Methodist, Lutheran, etc). I guess Archer's subconscious at DB isn't a fan of the papalcy. :)
  • edited August 2018
    Why on Earth is Dukat in the ranked rewards? I figured for sure it'd be Surgeon Phlox.

Ya, scrachin my head on that one too.🤔 Got to be a mistake. Surgeon Phlox makes sense.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea why Yelgrun has SCI, but I'm also not complaining either.

Also, as stated previously, his artwork looks terrific. Really captured his personality with that one. Well done.

He could be a single skill Dip and I wouldn't care - just glad to see him finally arrive and with decent art. Cherry on top would be a sound clip too!

“Bring....me....KEEVAN!” “I won’t tolerate any more delays.”

• Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Maybe it's just me, but the Burnham/Janeway "humor" is getting real stale. The last Janeway in an event was Mirror Janeway to close out the Mirror Mega in December. The last Burnham was in mid February.

I have had to stop myself from starting a thread to beg the Burnham/Janeway jokes to be retired for almost two months now so I appreciate that you said this, @Peachtree Rex. Also, Jadzia has been in more events than any other character (10, to Janeway's 8 and Burnham's...3). Funny how no one whines about her.

There is one legitimate complaint about Burnham, though, that I'll concede and that's that Graduation and Prospect both felt entirely too peripheral as variants to be as powerful as they were. They were more appropriate as 3*'s, honestly, which brings up the point that to date, there are zero 3* Disco crew.

More events, yes, more megas, I'd have to check but I'd put money on it being closer to even or Janeway being ahead in that respect.

However, it is interesting how Jadzia is more embraced by a larger segment of the community here. I wonder why (innocent look)

I'm wounded that you'd question my numbers*. Here they are, in chronological order:

Jadzia (10 events, including 4 mega-events)
    1. The Trouble with Klingons
    2. The Trouble with Klingons 2
    3. The Genesis Wave 2
    4. The Triskelion Tournament
    5. The Trouble with Klingons 3
    6. Discovery: A New Anomaly 4: A Logical Reaction
    7. Fast As Light
    8. Smoke & Mirrors 1: Heavy Lies the Crown
    9. Superior Ambition 2: Turning Point
    10. The Hand That Feeds 1: New Providers

Janeway (8 events, including 4 mega-events)
    1. They Came from the Holodeck!
    2. They Came from the Holodeck! 2
    3. Alpha and Omega
    4. The Process of Assimilation 4: Resistance
    5. A Good Day to Lie 4: Blood for Blood
    6. They Came from the Holodeck! 3
    7. Discovery: A New Anomaly 1: Streaks of Stardust
    8. Smoke & Mirrors 4: Operation: Earth

*Er, uh, overlooking the fact that I typed 9 instead of 8 for Janeway twice.
    edited August 2018
    "More events, yes, more megas, I'd have to check but I'd put money on it being closer to even or Janeway being ahead in that respect."

4-4 = even. So "I'd put my money on it being closer to even" which was the first part of the statement was correct. This was followed by an OR operator, which is conditional that either statement could be the opinion/topic.

Interestingly enough Dax was not in four in a row like Janeway was before the joke started.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    "More events, yes, more megas, I'd have to check but I'd put money on it being closer to even or Janeway being ahead in that respect."

4-4 = even. So "I'd put my money on it being closer to even" which was the first part of the statement was correct. This was followed by an OR operator, which is conditional that either statement could be the opinion/topic.

Interestingly enough Dax was not in four in a row like Janeway was before the joke started.

Ah, I see. I misread the first part. That's on me. My apologies.

It is interesting that at no point has anyone suggested referring to Jadzia as "the new Janeway", though that tag was almost immediately stuck on Burnham despite have appeared in only three events since being introduced 11 months ago. Incidentally, though there have been two Disco megas, Burnham only turned up in the second. She wasn't in the first Disco mega at all.

Yet whenever a mega-event is announced, as @Peachtree Rex noted, we're inundated with posts recycling the predictions of non-canonical "Burnway" persona sure to be "shoehorned in" somewhere. It had already worn thin hearing about Janeway before Disco even launched. It's well past that point by now.

Back on topic, I got a kick out of seeing that Yelgrun has the Musician trait. It recalled for me Decipher giving him the Music trait in their CCG. Plus, Timelines has his name spelled correctly. Well done, DB!

gdt481i66fh8.jpg
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Yelgrun stats are soooo bad. I hope that Weyoun 5, changeling Weyoun or Founder Odo will have power creep next week.

Ah, I see. I misread the first part. That's on me. My apologies.

It is interesting that at no point has anyone suggested referring to Jadzia as "the new Janeway", though that tag was almost immediately stuck on Burnham despite have appeared in only three events since being introduced 11 months ago. Incidentally, though there have been two Disco megas, Burnham only turned up in the second. She wasn't in the first Disco mega at all.

Yet whenever a mega-event is announced, as @Peachtree Rex noted, we're inundated with posts recycling the predictions of non-canonical "Burnway" persona sure to be "shoehorned in" somewhere. It had already worn thin hearing about Janeway before Disco even launched. It's well past that point by now.

Back on topic, I got a kick out of seeing that Yelgrun has the Musician trait. It recalled for me Decipher giving him the Music trait in their CCG. Plus, Timelines has his name spelled correctly. Well done, DB!

gdt481i66fh8.jpg

Honestly, some folks just don't like Burnham and those are usually those in the don't like Discovery category. Shoehorn Burnham is just code for please no Disco, we're Rockers.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't tell if that is a serious question, but I'll treat it as such. The other interpretation I read is that you assume she is only liked because of her looks.

I like Dax, though she is not my favorite. I like the character. I like her self-confidence and how she doesn't need to prove anything to herself or anyone else. I feel Uhura, Chapel, and Crusher are the same way. They are good role models for my daughters in that respect. I most like Hoshi. (Not the mirror version.) She is not self confident, but highly intelligent and possibly the most courageous of ALL Star Trek characters. She constantly does more than can be expected despite her personal fears. She is also a good role model. I would love to see more of her, but as has been mentioned a lot, she was not given very many episodes to have much possible variety for STT cards.

I don't care for Janeway. I don't hate her, but I find her voice grating and her character, while not bad, is just not so likable to me. I can't explain it. It is as if she constantly has to prove herself. I don't hate her by any means, but I don't love her, either. Burnham is a crew I've never seen. I would watch Discovery, but I won't pay for CBS app just for one show. My introduction to her is from a small clip of her fighting ruthlessly and from her event in the game as a Fun Sponge. I hope there is more to her and when I get a chance to watch, I may love her. As it is, I don't. I agree it is time to give them a break from the jokes on the forum. I also don't much like T'Pol. She grows on you, but I never liked her condescending attitude or her disdain for everything or her smugness. She was in enough episodes that I grew to understand her and feel for her at times, but she was either badly written or badly cast.

My personal like it dislike for any crew has nothing to do with physical appearance. I ask myself if this person would be a good example to me or to my daughters.

Wow and I thought I was known for assuming the worst... stealin my gig!

You can assume it is for looks, but you could also assume a better written character with a more charismatic actress that is more committed to fandom than most other folks still around, from the most popular element of the franchise on this forum. DS9 has won hands down over every other series in every forum poll so far. TNG inches closer sometimes, but seriously, if the folks in the forum represent the most hardcore players in the game, DS9 is where it is at, and thus Dax/Sisko, etc.

You could also assume it being that both Voyager and Discovery are waaaay down on the list as far as folks favorites. (though there are fans, Discovery and the Animated Series always contend for last in the "Whats your favorite series" on polls here, usually Enterprise and then Voyager vs TOS for the next spot up.)

Unfortunately for some folks this is an inflammatory statement hence the 'innocent look', especially since I'm repeating myself from a few months back.

That's why you'll see either little or no pushback on Dax, but not even close to the level of Janeway and Burnham. In addition, I don't believe there has been a non-canon Dax. In addition, Janeway was in 4 megas IN A ROW. In fact it was the first four. If the jokes hadn't started I'm betting we'd still be getting Janeways every other month. Had the same with Rikerapalooza in the 2017.

And Burnham, frankly, there's some folks who love her and some folks who hate her.

If it was looks alone, well, Burnham's damn hot by a lot of accounts, and frankly I think the Discovery cast might be the most overall physically attractive since TOS, which puts yet another layer of disbelief on it in my eyes.

Lmao, Enterprise cast is the best looking.

Males are super fit, and females are extremely beautiful. And that include guest stars.

What we have on Discovery physically looking? A bland wooden lead with a weird haircut, an alien, an Albino, and fat curly red head with a tumor on her face.

Ok, Landry, Lorca, Phillipa and Ash were good looking.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »
    Yelgrun stats are soooo bad. I hope that Weyoun 5, changeling Weyoun or Founder Odo will have power creep next week.

We can only hope that his ship abilities make up for the rotten stats.