Home The Bridge

Key information about event: Advance Directive (Mega-Event #3) - 08/16

Comments

• Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am curious why Klingon Dukat got the nod over Surgeon Phlox, who has never appeared in an event's rank table. Dukat, meanwhile, appeared in the rewards for both runs of "Triple Threat".

And I was hoping for Surgeon Phlox because he is one of the few rares I still have to level.

Maybe it's in preparation for an oncoming Cardassian event.

I wholly support making each event's 3* someone who would count as bonus crew in the subsequent event. I would have appreciated that even more during my earlier days as a player, when I often had few, if any. It'd be great for today's newcomers to have that advantage.

There's no downside for established players, who 1) may already have that 3* and 2) may also already have enough stronger 4*'s and 5*'s that they wouldn't use the 3* anyway. All it does is give the newer players a little something more to work with going into the event.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'd be neat if DB did something that for every Mega Event. Like if every three-star crew for this event had the Dominion trait, or for the Mirror Universe event had the Mirror trait. It would probably mean a lot more new rare crew (which I am 100% onboard with) but it'd be cool if they were useful for the entire run of the Mega.
  • [NDQ] Joker41NAM[NDQ] Joker41NAM ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I wholly support making each event's 3* someone who would count as bonus crew in the subsequent event. I would have appreciated that even more during my earlier days as a player, when I often had few, if any. It'd be great for today's newcomers to have that advantage.

I hope they're not doing that in this case, because if they are, the only likely candidate for next week would be Dominion Dukat, who is in his 4th month of being the login 4* (aka, useless to receive for anyone who's been playing more than 3 months).

To echo a previous post, I really hope next week we get Omet'iklan and Ikat'ita, maybe with Gallatin as the third?

I hope they're not doing that in this case, because if they are, the only likely candidate for next week would be Dominion Dukat, who is in his 4th month of being the login 4* (aka, useless to receive for anyone who's been playing more than 3 months).

To echo a previous post, I really hope next week we get Omet'iklan and Ikat'ita, maybe with Gallatin as the third?

To date, each mega-event has concluded with all-new crew, so it would break precedence to include Dominion Dukat. Prisoner Dukat, however, from "Waltz", could work:

cmxpd06q2f4v.jpg

There'd also be no small irony, given the plot of "The Way of the Warrior", to introducing a non-canon Changeling Dukat. Speaking of non-canon Dukats, I've always wondered what Mirror Dukat was like. I'd welcome him being added to Timelines.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

To date, each mega-event has concluded with all-new crew, so it would break precedence to include Dominion Dukat. Prisoner Dukat, however, from "Waltz", could work:

cmxpd06q2f4v.jpg

There'd also be no small irony, given the plot of "The Way of the Warrior", to introducing a non-canon Changeling Dukat. Speaking of non-canon Dukats, I've always wondered what Mirror Dukat was like. I'd welcome him being added to Timelines.

Hmm....would Mirror Dukat be sane but still evil, nice but still insane, or something else entirely? It would be fascinating to see what he would be like.

cmxpd06q2f4v.jpg

Hmm....would Mirror Dukat be sane but still evil, nice but still insane, or something else entirely? It would be fascinating to see what he would be like.

I've always imagined that unlike in our universe, their Garak got the upper hand over their Dukat and he became the pariah. Still cruel, sadistic, petty, and arrogant, though. We saw during that brief period where he had his stolen Bird of Prey how ours reacted to being made a powerless outsider. I would expect a Dukat consigned to being so marginalized for his career, in a universe as ruthless as theirs, would have to be especially conniving just to stay alive.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ru'afo appears to not be giving full bonus in this Skirmish btw
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

Confirmed, with Ru'afo i did not get max VP, with Phlox I did
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    Ugh, looks like Yelgrun's going in the deep freeze after all. Also, musician trait? I need to re-watch this episode I guess.

My guess is that the Musician trait is a nod more to Iggy Pop than anything the character did. Which, honestly, I am okay with.

Must be an exception to the Vorta not having any artistic appreciation...or does that only apply to visual arts?
  • Yateball wrote: »

I was just coming on here to mention that, 4 rounds in before i realised
  • [QH] Captain Ziggy[QH] Captain Ziggy ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Yep, gotta use Rev Phlox, Yelgrun or First Goran Agar for max vp
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • that's a serious glitch. Bashir worked fine last mega event. ruafo is recurring mega EVENT crew, thus should count as EVENT crew for all of the events in this mega.
  • Anyone having problems where they can't even get a skirmish started? It goes to the red alert screen then it's just loading for ages. Tried rebooting the game but it's still the same thing.
  • What's the best ship/crew to win at the elite mode. I'm getting wrecked.
  • dough54321 wrote: »
    What's the best ship/crew to win at the elite mode. I'm getting wrecked.

What ship are you using? I was kicking butt w/Immediate Damage folk & 1 Event Crew, but several skirmishes in I kept getting killed on #5 ... now I seem to be doing alright ship BorgC /1stGoran/TKuvma/NoahSisko/Janaar.
  • KayJay47KayJay47 ✭✭✭

Sorry, but that's not true. Both of the most recent mega-events had existing crew as event crew for the last week: Augment Riker for DS9/Augment, and Commander Sela for Vulcan/Romulan.

• So I managed to scrape together enough dilithium for a single pull from the event and somehow got Sex Dream Phlox! He looks really cool and his stats and ability are mediocre. Not great, but not crap either. All in all, he’s awesome, but, what the ever living heck is he suppose to be?

I was waiting for the story to appear so maybe this would end up being explained but nope, nothing. In fact, the dialogue leans towards this supposing to be Phlox, the real deal, dressed like a priest and talking like his dream self. Ok, that’s fine, I guess, but DB seriously needs to give him some qualifying traits. As I’ve said before, if it IS the real Phlox, then give him Costumed. If he converted, give him Spiritual and maybe Counselor.

I know people are likely tired of me sporadically going on about this, but it’s become a minor obsession on my part. I mostly loathe entirely unexplained crap like this and really despise missing traits. Please fix this, DB.

Anyhow, my main point, before I got distracted, was to say that Rua’fo is NOT providing a full bonus to the skirmishes, as far as I can tell via my own account. Luckily I’m not using him much, but still, it’s something that needs rectifying.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyhow, my main point, before I got distracted, was to say that Rua’fo is NOT providing a full bonus to the skirmishes, as far as I can tell via my own account. Luckily I’m not using him much, but still, it’s something that needs rectifying.

According to DB he's not supposed to.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/10805/ru-afo-not-giving-appropriate-rewards#latest
    Ugh, looks like Yelgrun's going in the deep freeze after all. Also, musician trait? I need to re-watch this episode I guess.

My guess is that the Musician trait is a nod more to Iggy Pop than anything the character did. Which, honestly, I am okay with.

Must be an exception to the Vorta not having any artistic appreciation...or does that only apply to visual arts?

It’s really only an Iggy Pop exception. I recall a comment by Weyoun where he said he couldn’t carry a tune...it doesn’t necessarily mean all Vorta are incapable of appreciating music as well as visual art, of course. However, the simplest explanation is that the STT crew member derived from a TV character portrayed by a musician was given the Musician trait as an homage to said actor.
    KayJay47 wrote: »

Sorry, but that's not true. Both of the most recent mega-events had existing crew as event crew for the last week: Augment Riker for DS9/Augment, and Commander Sela for Vulcan/Romulan.

Good catch(es)! I stand corrected. This is what I get for not consulting my spreadsheet first.
  • Anyhow, my main point, before I got distracted, was to say that Rua’fo is NOT providing a full bonus to the skirmishes, as far as I can tell via my own account. Luckily I’m not using him much, but still, it’s something that needs rectifying.

According to DB he's not supposed to.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/10805/ru-afo-not-giving-appropriate-rewards#latest

I just got a mass message about it and ranted about it on another thread here on the bridge. To sum up what I said, event crew are useless in Skirmish events if they don’t always provide bonuses.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • RennJaxo wrote: »

In the scene from Favour the Bold where the lack of artistic appreciation is mentioned, Weyoun specifically laments that he thinks it would be nice if he could carry a tune.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s really only an Iggy Pop exception. I recall a comment by Weyoun where he said he couldn’t carry a tune...it doesn’t necessarily mean all Vorta are incapable of appreciating music as well as visual art, of course. However, the simplest explanation is that the STT crew member derived from a TV character portrayed by a musician was given the Musician trait as an homage to said actor.

Actually big W goes on, in I believe the same scene, to talk about how if it was important the Founders would have placed it in their DNA implying that art appreciation, music etc was something missing from them as an engineered race.
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Actually big W goes on, in I believe the same scene, to talk about how if it was important the Founders would have placed it in their DNA implying that art appreciation, music etc was something missing from them as an engineered race.

Indeed. Appreciation of “art” need not mean paintings and sculpture alone, it seems entirely reasonable that Vorta would not be able to appreciate music, theater, books, holonovels, and even fine cuisine on anything more than a strictly superficial level.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's Weyoun's perspective though, the Founders' genetic engineering might not be as capable as he believes (actually we know it's not, see Weyoun 6 - and you'd think 'sees the Founders as infallible' would be higher on their must-work-properly list than 'doesn't get why Van Gogh is a big deal'). Maybe Yelgrun's another non-standard mutation, but it doesn't really affect his performance in a big way so nobody's noticed, or thought it worth culling him.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Equipping Yelgrun suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

He's actually not that bad. I had him FE within a 10 hours with only a few replications. Got lucky on some Dominion shuttles tho
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

He's actually not that bad. I had him FE within a 10 hours with only a few replications. Got lucky on some Dominion shuttles tho

This. I was equipping Cyrus Redblock at the same time as Yelgrun. Yelgrun was easy.
  • Cyrus was an obnoxious build!
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met