Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Straight on Til Morning - 11/22

Comments

• S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my.... a Skirmish/Galaxy hybrid, the worst nightmare of many players become real at last!

No it is great. You clear out the threshold in an hour and then if you don't care about Burnham or Lalana you have a nice rest weekend.
  • Muse Torres would have been a bit more intriguing, I guess.

Keeping my fingers crossed for that as the new 4* now!
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Drone_one wrote: »
    Isn’t the next event the start of the mega? Any guesses on the theme?
    Various entertainers want to take over the galaxy because they don't get the credit they deserve.

Wait, why does that sound familiar?

My first thought was "well they've done events with that theme before"..
    Then my wife flipped the tv stations and I saw Big Orange. Question Answered ! Lol
  • Just think of the stars as dollar signs and that explains a Layna 5*
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • If it had been Cutter and not just the actress who played her I might have gone small Pony for her..

Because I don't live galaxy's I think I'd have preferred that be the first half so I can catch up with skirmishes in the second.. if it were a character I card about..

If it had been expedition/ Skirmish I'd play it no matter what.

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Layna is the first featured legendary from Voyager since June, so I'm happy about that at least. Also, as someone already mentioned, she's the actress who played Cutler, which makes it a nice addition.

On the other hand, I can't imagine her having more than two skills, which means that I probably won't go for top 1k.

Muse Torres would have been a bit more intriguing, I guess.

Very sad when you hear the Enterprise crew and producers talk about the actress' death.
    Let’s fly!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB, when I suggested that Skirmishes could be hybridized this isn’t exactly what I had I mind. On the flip side, at least the Skirmish portion is first so those who choose to play the Galaxy half don’t have to blow their chron stashes.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Shan,

Confirmation that event does indeed start on Thursday (Thanksgiving) would be appreciated. And if there is a start date correction then information on when the phase change occurs would be greatly appreciated.

The event will start on the Thursday.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The recent threshold change announcement said it was for faction and faction/Galaxy hybrids. What should we expect for thresholds in a skirmish/Galaxy hybrid?
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I think Layna just might fit as the new 5* for the Children of Apollo re-run right before the next mega event.

If I see the picture on Memory Alpha I'm thinking hmm, some Greek tragedy figure ... which would fit in nicely with Apollo, Platonian Kirk and Goddess Troi.

And isn't it convenient that Children of Apollo is up next for a Faction event re-run (right after a hybrid, timing couldn't be better).

Anyway, my 2 cents ... and I hope I'm right because I'd really like a Goddess of Empathy Troi on my crew (she looks great) ... and I need a 4th star for Apollo ... :)
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it really a good idea to debut a new event type over a US holiday weekend when the DB offices are probably going to be thinly staffed? I guess we should just hope that no errors happen.

There is no hope. There is only... well... DB, lol.
  • Well, this is just...a delight. /s
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I had no clue, had a look. Nope, still no idea. It must have been a great episode. :-I
    6981w9nz7otu.jpeg
    And they could just as well be renaming the ship the "Spendyourmoney" if they are going to hand out the same number of schematics.
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not. Not touching the galaxy part though, why would I waste chrons when I can earn items to gear up some crew?
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Putting one of the most requested characters in the game in and event with one of the most requested ships in the game on a major (at least in the US) holiday weekend. Y'all really just want to sell packs, huh?
  • Pretty cool that we are getting the Enterprise A (the Connie refit is my all time favorite Star Trek ship), though it's a shame there isn't any way to 10/10 the ship without spending a TON of money.

Also kind of glad for the new 5* policy right about now. I can win Captain Spock this weekend in a Faction event, meanwhile Skirmish/Galaxy sounds like a total slog and I won't have that much time to play the game over Thanksgiving. Good thing I don't remember Layna at all, because it's threshold and out (at best) for me next week either way.
  • I have to wonder what DB's plan is?

If you read the thread from this weeks event, it is markedly less hostile than this one.

This weeks event was exciting and in many respects, it brought new life and enthusiasm for the game.

From my perspective, I have to wonder if a rerun would have been a better choice.

I am sure that DB must have a plan...but from the outside, it just looks like they are repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot with regard to costumer relations. Maybe that is some kind of new business strategy that an old-timer like me simply can't understand? Or maybe it is just my POV. I really just don't get it.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Why this character would be a 5* I'll never know....
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Layna

I wish it was Muse Torres instead, I’ve wanted her to be a variant for a while.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll give them a pass on making Layna 5* because of the actress who portrayed her. Kellie Waymire, who also played Cutler on Enterprise, died in 2003. Nice to have her in-game.

Just realized she's also the actress from "The Blood" episode of Seinfeld and was totally hilarious in it. Crazy that she died so young
  • TaskerTasker ✭✭✭
    We get a much-requested character and a much-requested ship in the same event?

It’s official. DB is desperate. The game is on its deathbed. Soon all our investment of time and money will be dust in the wind.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm staying positive.
    Aiming for sub 2500, so I can freeze Prospect Burnham.
    2 more immortals for my freezer.
    A purple portal pull.
    Some extra stuff.
    Plus I enjoy it.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Douglas Pabst

Com and Dip are obvious

Third possible skill

Science - he is an editor of Sci-fi magazine
    Security - a possible WW2 veteran
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is good. We can get a 4/4 new Odo and if we don't want to do anymore we can just stop and eat some turkey.
    qq4sa78mrw9q.gif
    Let’s fly!