Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Straight on Til Morning - 11/22

Comments

• Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    No extended threshold rewards, from the event type that could most use it. I am disappoint.

Aren't we all?
  • Odo’s art is seriously good. Im impressed.

I’ll snag him and vault, but they’ve done a great job!
  • Ren~ wrote: »
    No extended threshold rewards, from the event type that could most use it. I am disappoint.

Aren't we all?

The extended thresholds aren't visible until the Galaxy phase starts, but they are there. @Shan please correct me if I am wrong.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I got pooched. Pulled a Burnham, got slightly annoyed and bought the Burnham offer forgetting that it came with just one pack. Pulled another Burnham, and no Enterprise A schematics in the two ship packs.

I'm looking forward to having this weekend free of STT.
  • RogueAngylRogueAngyl ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Ren~ wrote: »

Aren't we all?

The extended thresholds aren't visible until the Galaxy phase starts, but they are there. @Shan please correct me if I am wrong.

Community rewards versus the new extended rewards we saw this past week, I assume.

Was hoping for some extra goodies but thresholds quit as normal
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »

Aren't we all?

If you mean Community Rewards then yes they will be shown when phase 2 starts.
    If you mean more thresholds for the threshold rewards this currently only applies to faction events, and hybrid faction/galaxy events.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Is next weeks event information going to post?

Edit: Oh duh, that’s Friday, just felt like a Friday today with the long weekend
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    KTz wrote: »
    I understand that is about business when you let us without 25 schematics for the new released ships, but at least make it to be guaranteed, not with a success rate.
    Thank you!

Yeah, how about a Thanksgiving solid DB and at least let us win enough schematics to actually build the new ship?

... Or not.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KTz wrote: »
    I understand that is about business when you let us without 25 schematics for the new released ships, but at least make it to be guaranteed, not with a success rate.
    Thank you!

Yeah, how about a Thanksgiving solid DB and at least let us win enough schematics to actually build the new ship?

... Or not.

you *could* use some of the free monthly card DIL they just gave us last week!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a VIP 0 gets and uses the free monthly card, would that not take them out of VIP0?
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a VIP 0 gets and uses the free monthly card, would that not take them out of VIP0?

Yes
  • Anyone else think these skirmish event packs are crap? $100 for only 2 Spocks plus a bunch of schematics? Uh, no
  • Db have released their last Burnham, that's marvellous news. Oh hell you don't mean last ever. ;) just for present.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Db have released their last Burnham, that's marvellous news. Oh hell you don't mean last ever. ;) just for present.

That's okay as long as DB gives me lots of new Tillies when Season 2 comes. fvs4hj274t57.gif
    Let’s fly!
  • RogueAngylRogueAngyl ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    That's okay as long as DB gives me lots of new Tillies when Season 2 comes.

I'm hoping we get some new Tillies also, because it will be less to level. She has been the one Discovery character I've actively avoided here. Granted, there's only one Discovery character I really like so far, but she just irks me.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else think these skirmish event packs are crap? $100 for only 2 Spocks plus a bunch of schematics? Uh, no

If you're talking about value for the dollar, I won't debate that with you. Value is in the eye of the beholder (and it's too pricey for me). But...

The actual offer is 2x Spock, a bunch of schematics (some of which might actually be the featured ships in the event), AND 10 event packs that allow you to potentially pull one or more Spocks. With some RNG luck, you could walk away with a FF Captain Spock. You could also walk away with just a 2/5 Spock.

Also, this offer is identical to the $100 offer each and every week. The only change is that they also throw in the ship packs when it's a skirmish event.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I really don't get what people see in Tilly.

Only Lorca, Landry and Saru were interesting as characters. And two of them were killed off.

• S31 wrote: »
    Yeah I really don't get what people see in Tilly.

Only Lorca, Landry and Saru were interesting as characters. And two of them were killed off.

We all have different opinions...
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • (You guys should put spoilers on your comments as many have not seen season 1 yet.)

My feelings about Tilly aside, at what point are we past the spoilers period? It's been a years since the first half of the first season ended, and we are coming up on season 2. I get this is a byproduct of the new television economy but it's hard at this point to not discuss it.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogueAngyl wrote: »
    (You guys should put spoilers on your comments as many have not seen season 1 yet.)

My feelings about Tilly aside, at what point are we past the spoilers period? It's been a years since the first half of the first season ended, and we are coming up on season 2. I get this is a byproduct of the new television economy but it's hard at this point to not discuss it.

I think it's different depending on the situation.

For DSC, if a plot element has been spoiled in STT (such as the fact that there's a mirror universe), then it's fair game to discuss on the forums. If a plot element can be easily extrapolated from some character or event in STT, same.

If, however, it's a major thing, I do tend to try to use spoiler tags (which, btw, are in the row of icons at the top of your posting window, in the ¶ drop-down).

Of course, many of these plot points are discussed on quite a few different websites not long after the episodes in question air, but I still try to keep them unspoiled for folks.

After a show hits a non-paying service — like, for instance, if DSC season one suddenly shows up on a non-premium cable channel — then I'd say all bets are off about a week after each episode airs there.

That's just my own rationale, ymmv.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Guess I'm going to sorta-try (which is a lot more stressful than trying hard) since if I get the threshold crew and 2x Prospect Burhnam I'll reach 300 immortalized.
  • Data1001 wrote: »
    If DSC season one suddenly shows up on a non-premium cable channel
    Dare to dream!

I was spoiled by the addition of a certain species trait to a certain crewman but I only watched DSC a few months ago so I knew the risks of spoilage by that point. Luckily there are enough plot twists that I managed to stay unspoiled for most of them! Still, the spoiler tag is helpful
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    What was interesting about Landry?
    Oh let’s shoot Ripper. Oh it killed her. What a shock. Just a hot head security officer. About as subtle as a brick through a window.

Yeah, I like the actress from her days on BSG, but I also thought the character of Landry was written very one-note.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogueAngyl wrote: »
    (You guys should put spoilers on your comments as many have not seen season 1 yet.)

There are still people that complain about DS9 and Voyager spoilers, so... ;)
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tilly is great! She is funny, she is smart, and she brings comic relief to an otherwise very dark show. (You guys should put spoilers on your comments as many have not seen season 1 yet.)

And she said the F *spoiler* K word which is SOOOOO unTrek. Personally I'm not averse to cursing, but I feel it just doesn't belong in Star Trek.

I have to agree with you here. Hearing Tilly say that caught me way off guard. Didn't feel like Trek in that moment.