Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Straight on Til Morning - 11/22

Comments

• Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is good. We can get a 4/4 new Odo and if we don't want to do anymore we can just stop and eat some turkey.
    qq4sa78mrw9q.gif

:-( 8,600 miles to Thanksgiving dinner, not gonna make it. :-(

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is good. We can get a 4/4 new Odo and if we don't want to do anymore we can just stop and eat some turkey.
    qq4sa78mrw9q.gif

:-( 8,600 miles to Thanksgiving dinner, not gonna make it. :-(
    Sorry. That stinks. Can you skype or facetime?
    Let’s fly!
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    Is there really any point to the Galaxy phase? Its going to be expensive if one cant make the most out of the skirmishes!?

Community rewards in phase 2? Free copies of both SRs + 10xpremium pull?
    I heard some player like such free stuff? ;)

•SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing this on Thanksgiving is incredibly uncool.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to be freezing and unfreezing a lot of Dominion and Odos lately
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Is it really a good idea to debut a new event type over a US holiday weekend when the DB offices are probably going to be thinly staffed? I guess we should just hope that no errors happen.

It's practically a DB tradition!
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    So if they swapped this week's and next week's event would that have been better? Faction event checking your phone every 1.5/3 hours all weekend during a holiday, maybe getting up overnight, fighting for a new very popular Spock card and Coombs SR and Rare, vs a legendary nobody's heard of and a relatively unimportant new SR? Let the rest of us non-americans enjoy the bonus honor and take a break if you want to for your holiday.

How about NOT have an event for a week. Instead do a community-focused bonus including any of the following:
    reduced chron cost to run missions
    increased chron recharge rate
    reduced cost to build/train characters (fewer credits, trainers go farther)
    change drops in voyages (higher chance for chrons, honor, crew, etc)
    change the rewards in gauntlet (higher chance of chrons, add in drops of honor, increase the credits/merits)

There are lots of ways to keep people engaged without an event.

I didn't know north america was the centre of the universe and that the said universe had to follow local holidays. Thanks for the heads-up! :)

Churlish behavior (the standard for you today) aside, if the bulk of DB’s customers and employees are in a place that has a major holiday, being concerned about 1) the time sink that is both Galaxy and Skirmish events being on a holiday weekend, and 2) if any errors are even going to be fixed before they have a critical impact on the event, is entirely reasonable.

I'm not opposed to another round of 18k honour.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it really a good idea to debut a new event type over a US holiday weekend when the DB offices are probably going to be thinly staffed? I guess we should just hope that no errors happen.

It really makes me wonder if DB is renewing their Star Trek license. If I recall it renews at the end of January. It could be that the game is going to follow Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead into the mobile game graveyard.

• JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    It could be that the game is going to follow Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead into the mobile game graveyard.

In that case Tilting Point would not have pumped 29 millions $ into it just recently...

• Webberoni wrote: »
    Not only is this event an easy threshold-and-out, likely before the galaxy portion even starts, it also makes Captain Spock much less desirable this week.

I agree on the first part, but I don't think it will make a big dent in the demand for Spock. If anything this may push it up. Most people would have expected this to be a pure skirmish based on precedent (i.e. we've already had a Glaxie event, a Hybrid event, and are in a faction event.) Having the 5* doesn't really matter much for a skirmish; as long as you can make your build work with the event crew (and I think most people who get in the top 1k can do that readily) it's all a function of time and how many chrons you use.

Now, there may be more desire for Spock as he will be useful in the Galaxy phase.
    AviTrek wrote: »
    The recent threshold change announcement said it was for faction and faction/Galaxy hybrids. What should we expect for thresholds in a skirmish/Galaxy hybrid?

I'm curious about the answer to this question as well; If anything I'm worried what sort of VP requirements will be involved. After seeing the Shuttle Token Offer Spamming, I can only imagine what sort of Intel or Chron bundles we'll be seeing.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot who Douglas was for sure but was pretty sure before I went to Mem Alpha who he was.......

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Douglas_Pabst
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • edited November 2018
    Tasker wrote: »
    We get a much-requested character and a much-requested ship in the same event?

It’s official. DB is desperate. The game is on its deathbed. Soon all our investment of time and money will be dust in the wind.

Yes I'm getting this feeling also. Especially after last weeks debacle. Expecting horrific glitches this week and free Capt Spock for everyone as reparations. And what's with the massive amount of packs on offer? DB really trying to milk players of their hard earned.

Oh and Layna? 5* legendary? Really? And I will bet money her stats are better than Capt Spock too. It's dumb stuff like this that makes me wonder why I still play...
  • Thanksgiving in November? Americans!
    *ducks*
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Ren~ wrote: »
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    I didn't know north america was the center of the universe and that the said universe had to follow local holidays. Thanks for the heads-up! :)

It's not, but I'm willing to bet the majority of the players are from here. That said, enjoy your 5* nobody.
  • Well this Captain Spock is really something.

I can finally finish my "You Have Vouched Collection" containing all the crew with the Special Envoy trait.
  • New event trial!

Everyone gets a free Layna!

Haha.

Seriously though, if anyone is going to spend 5 days grinding then they need to get a life. Be grateful it's not an epic legendary - imagine the hoo-ha if it was!!!

Just have fun with it. There should be a new threshold rewards structure, and just let anyone who really is keen on the legendary, let them go for it. If not, just play a bit here and there, get the thresholds, and enjoy Thanksgiving.

Don't Be a Turkey, Eat a Turkey!

I'm looking forward to a nice, quiet weekend of no pressure, just pushing a few buttons while I'm having a smoke. Should be great!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • I like Voyager a lot but why you whould chose Layna I have no idea , and a 5 * to boot... Yey for a free weekend...