Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Straight on Til Morning - 11/22

Comments

• Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found that 300 super rares equates to about 100,000 VP. So I use that base for my math estimates.

Last time I searched for it (more than a year ago), there were tables on the wiki that showed the different turn-in values used in different galaxy events. It used to be a bit variable, but these days it appears DB is always using the turn-in table that starts with 735 vp for 3 SRs in phase 2. (I don't turn-in during phase 1, so I'm not sure if that has become consistent or not.)

In that table, the first 164 SRs are worth 51,450 vp, which gets you to the 15-for-4850 level. After that, every 150 SRs are worth 48,500 vp (obviously), so @DavideBooks your estimate is close enough for easy calculation purposes.
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    Pol wrote: »
    I'll give them a pass on making Layna 5* because of the actress who portrayed her. Kellie Waymire, who also played Cutler on Enterprise, died in 2003. Nice to have her in-game.
    The voyager episode is one of my favorites also

I skip it during rewatches.
  • I'll go for immortalizing Burham at the very least. Will probably keep my powder dry for the next Mega.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a grind fest that I'll be mostly sitting out. But anything is better than a faction event over holidays where you have to slave yourself to the game and timers of you want to rank or finish the new thresholds.
    At least with these event formats you can decide when to slave yourself to the game if you're only going top 1k. Even though you're still a slave.
    Hopefully the new guy will be thresholds so I can get him 4/4. Otherwise I might just end up one craft and done.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan I'd like to know if this Skirmish/Galaxy Hybrid event will have Community Rewards like Faction/Galaxy and regular Galaxy events.
  • Proont wrote: »
    @Shan I'd like to know if this Skirmish/Galaxy Hybrid event will have Community Rewards like Faction/Galaxy and regular Galaxy events.

Any hybrid with a Galaxy component has had community rewards. This one may take longer and come a lot closer to not making the threshold for the final reward, owing to the American holiday, the perceived lack of interest, and the intentions of many to play only the Skirmish portion.
  • This is what they call a burn event.
  • The other thing that I don't get is how Captain Spock was maxed out so quickly. By 12:20pm EST, the game had awarded the honour of being the first to max out Captain Spock. Someone managed to fuse Spock four times and build 50 items for him. That's either a serious stash of chronitons, or a serious stash of items lying about (or both) and one seriously tired index finger.
    That's Captain Tambourine Man to you.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other thing that I don't get is how Captain Spock was maxed out so quickly. By 12:20pm EST, the game had awarded the honour of being the first to max out Captain Spock. Someone managed to fuse Spock four times and build 50 items for him. That's either a serious stash of chronitons, or a serious stash of items lying about (or both) and one seriously tired index finger.

The top players will have a massive amount of inventory of all types, simply because they have so many crew already immortalized, they don't need to use that inventory very often, as they're only leveling the few new crew released each week. So it often takes just a few minutes. I've immortalized crew in less than 5 minutes myself.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    I understand that is about business when you let us without 25 schematics for the new released ships, but at least make it to be guaranteed, not with a success rate.
    Thank you!
  • Im really excited about the Enterprise A finally making it in. I don’t remember event ship schems dropping well in packs but Id consider using some saved up dilithium to grab it.

After last event, Im drained on resources and attention span so Im probably threshold and out depending on if new Odo is any good
  • Data1001 wrote: »
    The other thing that I don't get is how Captain Spock was maxed out so quickly. By 12:20pm EST, the game had awarded the honour of being the first to max out Captain Spock. Someone managed to fuse Spock four times and build 50 items for him. That's either a serious stash of chronitons, or a serious stash of items lying about (or both) and one seriously tired index finger.

The top players will have a massive amount of inventory of all types, simply because they have so many crew already immortalized, they don't need to use that inventory very often, as they're only leveling the few new crew released each week. So it often takes just a few minutes. I've immortalized crew in less than 5 minutes myself.

Wow! I have managed to level crew in a span of hours. I managed to level Ushaan Shran, which DB offered just before the event, in maybe an hour. I definitely don't have that much inventory lying around.
    That's Captain Tambourine Man to you.
  • I’m going to go hard enough to get three copies of Burnham. I have Graduation FF/FE but this is a better card.

Unless for some reason it gets out of hand. I’m not going to blow all my resources for it.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    I’m going to go hard enough to get three copies of Burnham. I have Graduation FF/FE but this is a better card.

Unless for some reason it gets out of hand. I’m not going to blow all my resources for it.

I would disagree on the Burnhams. Graduation Burnham is the better card imo due to high base stats and arena ability.

Prospect Burnham is also good. She was one of the last 4* I used regularly on voyages, so she is solid there.
  • Amphistaff wrote: »
    So if they swapped this week's and next week's event would that have been better? Faction event checking your phone every 1.5/3 hours all weekend during a holiday, maybe getting up overnight, fighting for a new very popular Spock card and Coombs SR and Rare, vs a legendary nobody's heard of and a relatively unimportant new SR? Let the rest of us non-americans enjoy the bonus honor and take a break if you want to for your holiday.

How about NOT have an event for a week. Instead do a community-focused bonus including any of the following:
    reduced chron cost to run missions
    increased chron recharge rate
    reduced cost to build/train characters (fewer credits, trainers go farther)
    change drops in voyages (higher chance for chrons, honor, crew, etc)
    change the rewards in gauntlet (higher chance of chrons, add in drops of honor, increase the credits/merits)

There are lots of ways to keep people engaged without an event.

Should events be shut down for every holiday? no? which ones?:
    - Canadian Thanksgiving
    - Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day
    - Labor Day
    - Easter
    - Christmas
    - Boxing Day
    - Remembrance/Veterans Day
    - Canada Day
    - 4th of July
    - New Years Day
    - Early May
    - Spring Bank Holiday
    - Summer Bank Holiday
    - St. Patrick's Day
    - Diwali
    - Hanukkah
    - Day of the Dead
    - Obon
    - Ramadan
    - National Holidays for most countries independence from Britain

I think you get the point....

You forgot Kwanzaa and Valentines Day. 😉
    Especially VD, get my butt kicked by wife if playing on phone that day.
  • gobolts07 wrote: »
    I’m going to go hard enough to get three copies of Burnham. I have Graduation FF/FE but this is a better card.

I would disagree on the Burnhams. Graduation Burnham is the better card imo due to high base stats and arena ability.

Prospect Burnham is also good. She was one of the last 4* I used regularly on voyages, so she is solid there.

That’s true. I was thinking of the third skill but it’s so low it’s pretty useless.

She would be good voyage crew as you said. I have a dearth of legendaries that are FF/FE so most of my voyages are 4s but I still manage 7-8 hours.

If nothing else one more immortal for the pile. It’ll probably take less effort than it took me to finish around 2200 last week.
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭

That’s true. I was thinking of the third skill but it’s so low it’s pretty useless.

She would be good voyage crew as you said. I have a dearth of legendaries that are FF/FE so most of my voyages are 4s but I still manage 7-8 hours.

If nothing else one more immortal for the pile. It’ll probably take less effort than it took me to finish around 2200 last week.

I have had both since they were released at 4/4 and still use them both. Whether or not you like or hate Discovery, they really gave her several power creep cards worth having for their value alone.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whole time I thought OK, you have an event crew don't worry and now I see that it is a different Burnham! 😂😂

DB made two identical Burnhams, thank God it was the last Burnham.
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »
    Whole time I thought OK, you have an event crew don't worry and now I see that it is a different Burnham! 😂😂

DB made two identical Burnhams, thank God it was the last Burnham.

Still a bonus crew, you'll get to the threshold event one in no time.
  • No extended threshold rewards, from the event type that could most use it. I am disappoint.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm kind of surprised Layna isn't more powerful in order to make her more appealing. I'm going to go HAM in phase one to maximize on the skirmish rewards, but no point in wasting those resources in phase two.