Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Straight on Til Morning - 11/22

Comments

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    mejoyh wrote: »
    Data1001 wrote: »
    mejoyh wrote: »
    Shouldnt an odo variant have changeling as a trait?
    This is admittedly kind of a weird form of a variant, but no — not when the variant has never been a Changeling. Just like Benny Russell isn't Starfleet or Federation.
    Wouldn't this also apply to army chaplain Odo who was a non-canon Odo variant? Im assuming Douglas Pabst is also a non-cannon Odo? Or did i miss something and hes actually canon?
    No, it doesn't apply to Army Chaplain Odo, because according to the event in which he appeared, he was still "our" Odo, who had somehow gotten trapped in that time period. He may have also temporarily lost his ability to change (I don't honestly remember all the details), but even if that's true, that doesn't mean he stopped being a Changeling — that is, a member of the Changeling race. Pabst had only ever been Pabst, and Benny Russell only Benny.

But like I say, it's a very confusing situation to even consider them variants of the characters the same actors portrayed — honestly, I'd prefer they weren't considered variants, but then players would no doubt complain.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogueAngyl wrote: »
    Just wait until we get Mirror Universe Augment Salt Vampire Odo.

I hope not, that was a terrible episode. It should never be mentioned again.

Intentionally Left Blank
  • Every event type has its own details and strategy. Taking something unique from a galaxy event like saving rare rewards is pointless and unnecessary. I disagree with it. I hardly ever save mine, I usually cash in my cache as I go. But last galaxy event, I saved them over from Phase 1 because my chronitons were VERY LOW and I need every point I could get to reach all the threshold rewards, which I completed! I was not concerned with my overall ranking at all, I already had/have an immortalized Temporal Agent Seven.

So I will also claim that every event personally can have different strategy depending on existing crew, time available to spend on the event, limited or abundant resources for making a serious run at a high rank or wanted character, event type, etc. For those that think mandatory turn in of rare rewards is an advantage or disadvantage, what is keeping you from saving yours and giving yourself that same advantage? You say, well, I can't save that many to make a difference. then you weren't going to finish that high anyway. Regardless of your timezone or whether you save or don't save rare rewards in a galaxy event during Phase 1 or 2 or both, the outcome is still the same by event's end.
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish the ship schematics for the top ship in Skirmish events weren't so hard/expensive to get. The Enterprise-A/Constitution-refit is my favorite Star Trek ship, and I really didn't feel like I had a lot of hope in getting it during this event.
    I spent most of my dil chasing down a second star for my Captain Spock, and so I only had enough to take one pull on the ship pack. Didn't think it was going to happen, but I had to try, and well...

zvep5fm.png
    (majestic music playing)

Just wish I could get it higher than 1/10 anytime soon.

That may happen around the time the real ship is launched.
  • cmanclaytoncmanclayton ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I’m going to edit the post to remove the points of ignorance that were settled by a visit to the Wiki page. 😊

Okay, so maybe I’m just confused about something... but how is it possible that with T-Minus 8 hours until phase 2, there are a number of players with over a million Victory Points? Are these people just blowing WADS of dilithium to recharge their Intel, or...?
  • AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    I’m going to edit the post to remove the points of ignorance that were settled by a visit to the Wiki page. 😊

Okay, so maybe I’m just confused about something... but how is it possible that with T-Minus 8 hours until phase 2, there are a number of players with over a million Victory Points? Are these people just blowing WADS of dilithium to recharge their Intel, or...?

I'm around 800.000K VP, I have used zero dilithium this event. I have used thousands of chronitons to run ship battles at warp10 to gather intel. And doing all those skirmishes has earned a lot of those chronitons back.
  • cmanclaytoncmanclayton ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    “I'm around 800.000K VP, I have used zero dilithium this event. I have used thousands of chronitons to run ship battles at warp10 to gather intel. And doing all those skirmishes has earned a lot of those chronitons back.”

I guess I can see how that would work, but on this particular event I haven’t netted many chronitons... after nearly 100k VP, I’ve probably only won 500 chrons. I also apparently don’t know how to actually quote someone. 😂

• I also apparently don’t know how to actually quote someone. 😂

Click the quote button at the bottom of the post you want to quote.
    Sisko: What are you gonna learn in the next few months that you haven't already learned in the last 300 years?
    Ezri Dax: Oh, how to keep from breaking into tears for no reason...
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    “I'm around 800.000K VP, I have used zero dilithium this event. I have used thousands of chronitons to run ship battles at warp10 to gather intel. And doing all those skirmishes has earned a lot of those chronitons back.”

I guess I can see how that would work, but on this particular event I haven’t netted many chronitons... after nearly 100k VP, I’ve probably only won 500 chrons. I also apparently don’t know how to actually quote someone. 😂

I’m at 1.3 million VP. I saved all chrons from voyages, etc for the last 10 days and started the event with about 9,000 chrons.

I used a supply kit and then ran nothing but ship battles since the event began. I still have over 4,000 chrons.
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

You need to save chronitons in advance well over the cap. Had a spare 12k to use, I still have around 5k, and I'm nearing 700k VP. Today's my final push for this event, hopefully I'm landing in the top 1000 realm for the 4 burnhams.

Skirmish battles certainly don't pay for themselves but they help refilling your chronitons stash a bit for the next galaxy.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »

You need to save chronitons in advance well over the cap. Had a spare 12k to use, I still have around 5k, and I'm nearing 700k VP. Today's my final push for this event, hopefully I'm landing in the top 1000 realm for the 4 burnhams.

Skirmish battles certainly don't pay for themselves but they help refilling your chronitons stash a bit for the next galaxy.

“Need” is not necessarily the word I would use. I’m currently in 822nd place with only using chrons from event rewards, voyages, or what has naturally accumulated since Wednesday evening. I have used two supply kits thus far but those were saved up from previous events and I have not purchased any chrons or early voyage recalls.

That being said: if you don’t have any 5* ship at least up to level 8, then yes, you would need to bank more chrons to run more ship battles to net more intel in order to have a similar number of VP on Normal or Elite instead of Epic.
  • I’m at 358k in 1196th and tired of tapping. I want to get the two Burnhams though so I can FF/FE her. Hopefully I can hang inside the top 2,500 without too much further tapping.

I don’t know how ya’ll do it with millions of VP.
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    I’m at 358k in 1196th and tired of tapping. I want to get the two Burnhams though so I can FF/FE her. Hopefully I can hang inside the top 2,500 without too much further tapping.

I don’t know how ya’ll do it with millions of VP.

Don’t forget (as I did) that we’re getting a Burnham from the community rewards. Top 3000 or bust!
  • [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I was all set to buy a couple chroniton deals but I was surprised and disapointed to see thay aren't being offered during the galaxy portion of the event.
  • I was surprised as well. I have the money set aside for them.
  • Seems heavy chron drops over-rided the need for extra chron purchase deals. Perhaps DB staff were being lazy so they could all take the extended weekend off. ;)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems heavy chron drops over-rided the need for extra chron purchase deals. Perhaps DB staff were being lazy so they could all take the extended weekend off. ;)

For me, chroniton drops were very infrequent this time around.

• Honor was worst this time. The drops were infrequent and never more than 76 despite Captain Spock supposedly guaranteeing the highest rewards 🤔
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • 150 and 300 chroniton drops were there, had quite a few in phase 1 without spending dilithium for them. RNG I'd say.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    I’m at 358k in 1196th and tired of tapping... I don’t know how ya’ll do it with millions of VP.

Not sure what your ship/crew look like, but one thing to keep in mind is that as you get stronger, the tapping actually becomes less. A maxed ship with a few 5/5 crew will melt skirmish opponents in a matter of seconds. Maybe 3 taps and the battle is done. If you have a weaker ship, or are only using 4* crew, or maybe 1/5 crew - the battles take longer, which leads to slower vp accumulation and quicker player burn-out.

Personally, I'm mid-range (maxed ship, with a 4/5, 2/5, and 4/4 crew, plus whoever the event crew is). I make it work by watching tv when I play. With rare exceptions, no battle puts my ship at risk, so even if my timing is a little wonky, I can just click mindlessly and rack up points. My 4/5 crew was 3/5 in the last skirmish (w/ the others the same) - I can definitely see a difference in how quickly I win battles just from that one stat bump.
  • I ran K'Tong, with Captain Spock, Merry Man Worf, Killy, and Assimilated Torres. They got through the shields 3 times. Battles lasted 7 to 10 seconds, and I was never forced to use Spock.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have any idea where Top 1000 is sitting for VP right now?
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

Please go for more than 520 000 VP, that's roughly my VP and I am around 800th place.

I don't want to be in top 1000 so I am cheering for you to surpass my VP.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »

Please go for more than 520 000 VP, that's roughly my VP and I am around 800th place.

I don't want to be in top 1000 so I am cheering for you to surpass my VP.

Oh, I'm sitting at 380 right now with 700k VP...so I'm wondering if it's feasible that I fall out of the Top 1000. I'm thinking...no. lol
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dropped to 1500 only after a day and a half of not playing. I figured it would be cake to go for it. 3000 chronitons and a few hours of lazy play later I'm at 1100. Apparently very few people are fighting, but those who are are all bunched up really close.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    With 12hrs to go, it looks like top 1000 is around 500K.
    I am surprised by how little I’ve fallen - from 630ish at the end of phase 1, I am now 1193 with 22 minutes of rare turn-ins to go. And here I was worried that I would have to build a bunch of last-minute recipes to remain in the top 3000 for the final star on Prospect Burnham.
  • I am surprised by how little I’ve fallen - from 630ish at the end of phase 1, I am now 1193 with 22 minutes of rare turn-ins to go. And here I was worried that I would have to build a bunch of last-minute recipes to remain in the top 3000 for the final star on Prospect Burnham.

This is by far the least amount of leaderboard movement I've seen in an event. I've dropped no more than 30 places in the last 12 hours.