Home The Bridge

Free Butter for Some & Not All?

Comments

• edited July 2019
    No matter how DB will solve this issue, there always will be some people complaining about. Sad but true. :/

Well, people on opposing sides of any issue will complain about any outcome.

Personally, I dont understand what is so difficult to resolve about this problem.
    DB is a small enough company where it just takes a few people to say...."We screwed up....here's what we're going to do about it".

You've got enough people who feel treated unfairly that there should be a global solution. Namely, send out the Kirks.

It's the minimum band-aid that is required.

You don't understand what is hard to resolve? This community is good at figuring things out. Finding patterns and whatnot. I don't see a concensus on the issue. Admittedly, we don't have the dev's access to data, but if the problem were easy to solve, we would probably be able to identify the problem already. As it stands, DB at the very least needs to find out who all received I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Kirk. Then they can decide how to fix it. Past experience says that DB has a difficult time tracking in-game mail. I'm not surprised that this is taking time. I'm glad they're taking their time. Lord knows the band aid fails of the past would be just as bad as doing nothing.

They dont have a list?
    How did they send them in the first place, then?
    Unless one of the servers became sentient and just started gifting butter, there's already a list.

The real discussion is how to minimize what to give to players.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter how DB will solve this issue, there always will be some people complaining about. Sad but true. :/

Personally, I dont understand what is so difficult to resolve about this problem.
    DB is a small enough company where it just takes a few people to say...."We screwed up....here's what we're going to do about it".

You've got enough people who feel treated unfairly that there should be a global solution. Namely, send out the Kirks.

You don't understand what is hard to resolve? This community is good at figuring things out. Finding patterns and whatnot. I don't see a concensus on the issue. Admittedly, we don't have the dev's access to data, but if the problem were easy to solve, we would probably be able to identify the problem already. As it stands, DB at the very least needs to find out who all received I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Kirk. Then they can decide how to fix it. Past experience says that DB has a difficult time tracking in-game mail. I'm not surprised that this is taking time. I'm glad they're taking their time. Lord knows the band aid fails of the past would be just as bad as doing nothing.

They dont have a list?
    Unless one of the servers became sentient and just started gifting butter, there's already a list.

I imagine there's a line of code to automate the sending out, which was somehow botched, but whether there's an easily accessible and trackable "list" of who got it is less clear. Also unclear if there's a way to give something to everyone not on that list.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Relax folks, this is not the end of the world or the game.

And no i did not receive a free Kirk. Is it unfair that some got 1 or even 2 and other got zero, yes. Easiest for DB would probably be to send a free Kirk to everyone, but yes then the ppl already got 1 or 2 would get another on top.

Personally i wouldn t bother much and be happy about at least 1 free Kirk.
    But thats just me.

We all know that DB most likely has not the ressources(menpower) to track down who already got a free Kirk and remove them from their accounts, or just send the free Kirk only to all players who didn t receive any.

And the most important thing:

Nobody is forced to keep playing this game.
    Life is too short to waste energy over such „minor“ issues. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • [DSEF] Cpt.Rampo[DSEF] Cpt.Rampo ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    [/quote]
    The perfect solution - and the only really fair solution - is to give everyone the same thing in total.
    [/quote]

take the kirks away from aktive players who recieved one(or two),and make sure everyone not beeing online for time x gets one kirk-like it was intended<- would that not be a fair solution?Oo

EDIT: *beep* the quote,am not able to do this right-.-
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

They dont have a list?

I imagine there's a line of code to automate the sending out, which was somehow botched, but whether there's an easily accessible and trackable "list" of who got it is less clear. Also unclear if there's a way to give something to everyone not on that list.

Run the same query(s) on the backed-up player database.....and you'll get the same "list".
    Run the null of the same query(s) on the backed up player database.....and you'll get the "no list"
    Its not rocket science.
    As McCoy would say: "It's so simple, a child could do it"

I hope you're right.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

They dont have a list?

Run the same query(s) on the backed-up player database.....and you'll get the same "list".
    Run the null of the same query(s) on the backed up player database.....and you'll get the "no list"
    Its not rocket science.

I hope you're right.

If DB could do it easily, then they wouldn't have a history that invokes skepticism.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Sorry, If you didn't get Kirk you just have to **tsk tsk** it up. Complaining to DB is unreasonable.
  • No matter how DB will solve this issue, there always will be some people complaining about. Sad but true. :/

They dont have a list?

Its not rocket science.

I hope you're right.

If DB could do it easily, then they wouldn't have a history that invokes skepticism.

The ease of doing it is not the real issue.
    It's easy for me to give you $5 from my wallet.
    The fact is.... I don't want to.
    Nor does DB want to give anything more than the minimum compensation needed to close this issue.
    Technical mumbo jumbo about how difficult a task this is reminds me of TNG when they start blaming some random isolinear chip in junction J-12 for the problem. Its gobbledegook
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    Good to see the player base hasn’t softened on this butter issue.

There's a wide spread of opinions.

Agreed. Some people aren't bothered, while others are absolutely lipid.

I Can’t Believe It’s Not Picardgate

I'm starting to feel margarinalized.

Does he have the “Imperial” Guard trait?

If he doesn't, it's a total (Country) Crock.
    Farewell 🖖
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    Good to see the player base hasn’t softened on this butter issue.

I've changed my mind. I'm afraid Kirk is part of a recipe for tracking cookies on my device.

Those would be “Oleo” Cookies, perhaps?
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Shut up y'all, the only thing that matters is I need another Kirk.

:tongue:
  • [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shut up y'all, the only thing that matters is I need another Kirk.

One could argue it would be Smart(Butter) of DB to give us all Kirks. The forums might melt if they don’t.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

As Chevy Chase said. If it stings put some butter on it

Or for those that already got them, a nutter butter Kirk.

And now that I think about it, DB is going to need to give out so many Kirk's that they'll need to put something slick (maybe butter?) on the door frame to get them all through.
    Farewell 🖖
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    From an interesting article posted by @AviTrek in another thread:

“Freemium games, which aren’t currently subject to the same legal strictures that bind the gambling industry, can freely give these bonus payouts during the game in order to make a player feel lucky—and so keep them playing and spending.”
    🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • [quote=

I did say "minimum band-aid"; I didnt say "perfect solution".

The perfect solution - and the only really fair solution - is to give everyone the same thing in total.

If you got no butter...then you get 2 Free Kirks.
    If you got 1 stick of Butter.....then you get 1 Free Kirk.
    If you got 2 sticks of butter....No Free Kirks.

Now, will DB invest the labor to do this, who knows?

[/quote]

After 5 days, and all the previous mistakes it really seem this is the only fair solution. Or take back all the free kirks. If u can track them. Unfortunately yes mistakes are made but this card in particular that ppl paid more in di than usual due to skillset or paid $$$ for or both should be compensated with 2/5 to help complete their kirk if they got NONE.
  • For those that never noticed it, before. When you click into a thread that you have not opened before, the OP is isolated above the thread, by itself.

Sorry I did not read seven pages that had happened since I was here Friday. I will do better.

Maybe DB will, as well.

Hey!, i will jump in- into a different bandwagon and say man sometimes the forums are rough. I have misread, misunderstood or not seen an entire post, then posted, then got attacked. Soooooo.... remember next time i mess up Sometimes we are in the same wagon.
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    I would be excited that db is going to fix the issue, but I got my kirk;) however I am excited for you guys, good luck with the resolution. hope ya all hear soon
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    backed-up player database.
    "It's so simple, a child could do it"

Hi, haaaaaave you met DB ?
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!