Home The Bridge

Neverending Campaign speculations

Comments

• IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    In honour of the new Gauntlet crew I think the best choice would be Away Team Burnham. I have no ulteriour motive for this choice.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    As a baseball fan, they already had an event and Tuesday pack timed for the originally scheduled start of the season. I think that is enough and I doubt they have waited until the MLB have finally planned their return to select crew for the new campaign.
  • KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    My prediction is Summer vacation.
    Tourist Quark 4*
    Tourist Trip 5*

My crazy wild dream of a campaign,
    Indignant Seven 4*
    Mobile Doctor 5*
  • I like baseball and I'm german lol that said enough baseball packs 🤣
  • UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Dr. Chaotica and Proton Paris - what a poor choice. They will be airlocked as soon I get them.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    This is by far the worst campaign crew ever. Wow, just wow..... :/
    rexkvaurpvqw.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Yikes. This is pretty close to “as bad as theoretically possible”. Bad, hard to level cards that have been in the portal forever.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is whet you get when spend 2 weeks bashing TP.....the worst campaign ever...lol....easy pass, 1st time I won't be getting the top track.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    woo chaotica was WAY down at the bottom of my "cite eventually for collections" list, getting a 1/5 done for "free" works here, thanks DB! now if only data V or chef riker or beowulf would show up in a campaign some month... ;)
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Chaotica 1/5 and Paris 3/4 so this is an absolute win for me!
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been too keen to spend money for a variety of reasons although the weak campaign choices is at the top of the list.

Aside from my never ending complaints about not having a decent SEC proficiency crew I would've settled for a decent main cast 5* crew. Hell Baseball would be cool. I have Sisko partially fused but its one of the few collections where I don't have a 4* crew (Buck) or most of the 5*s.

Ok, this one's collection worthy but Chaotica is fairly weak and of limited use. If it was Janeway I might've went for it.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    SPECULATION: the campaign crew will correspond to either a recent Collections update, or a Collections update in the near future.

PLAUSIBLE: a 5* and 4* from the Play Ball! Collection since baseball season is FINALLY scheduled to start.

HOPE: Fury Kes is the 5*

Baseball is coming finally?!?!? Yay. I got my cable/internet hooked up......

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got Chaotica at 4* already. almost cited him to finish him. Now I'll wait.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    hehe ... and there were people who thought the Bashirs were a low point (at least they make it onto the odd voyage) :) ... and to be brutally honest ... Lenara Kahn is better.

To top it off ... the reward structure for that collection is pants (e.g. compare Tier 6 rewards with other vanity collections, ouch) ... the only collection I couldn't give a hoot about (and hence am at 3 completed).

Even as a player who enjoys collections I have to finally say ... this is one terrible campaign regarding theme and campaign 4* and 5* crew.

EDIT: oh, and yes, I'd say the same if I had Chaotica at 1/5 ... I've passed him by in each behold he's been in for me.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    hehe ... and there were people who thought the Bashirs were a low point (at least they make it onto the odd voyage) :) ... and to be brutally honest ... Lenara Kahn is better.

To top it off ... the reward structure for that collection is pants (e.g. compare Tier 6 rewards with other vanity collections, ouch) ... the only collection I couldn't give a hoot about (and hence am at 3 completed).

Even as a player who enjoys collections I have to finally say ... this is one terrible campaign regarding theme and campaign 4* and 5* crew.

At 4* my Chaotica gets a ton of use. yeah, he's not great but he has a good trait list that helps in voyages.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will TP make it up on us or will they make us feel like Lenara was brilliant in comparison to what we will get next? Is that even possible?
    Challenge accepted, huh? This is just pathetic.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    RaraRacing wrote: »

At 4* my Chaotica gets a ton of use. yeah, he's not great but he has a good trait list that helps in voyages.

What can a 2skiller with such stats and 4* do for a voyage? Most 3skill purples should be better?!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Proton & Chaotica will both be FF by the end.....

cvduew27be30.png
    a94uirmwhwel.png

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I probably would have bought this campaign as Doctor Chaotica has always been on my wish list. But it’s not exactly inspiring overall, particularly given the feedback from the current campaign regarding crew strength.

If this is intended as a bone thrown to veterans (or even newer players) who have a partially-fused Chaotica that they would never wish to immortalize through citations, say that. Otherwise, this looks like a calculated part of a trend to devalue the deals that players like best in order to drive spending on bad deals for better crew.
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Iirc, Proton Paris needs somewhere in the neighborhood of 138 basic holoprograms. So if you haven’t leveled him up yet... have fun with that.
  • Some time ago there was a great thread on how decrepit legendaries should be rewards for temporary achievements. I wish TP would look at those suggestions and use the campaigns for characters that are actually useful in the game, seeing as, you know, you have to pay to get them...
  • I'm starting to regret all the campaigns that I skipped when they still had decent/good crew in them :lol:

If the legendary had been Arachnia, Lonzak or Satan's Robot I would have bought this one. But I already have Chaotica at 3/5* from all the "They came from the Holodeck" packs that I bought trying to get Arachnia and I've never used him for anything. Not main cast, not good for voyages, not good for shuttles. I can't imagine that he would be of any use at 4/5* or 5/5*, except maybe for a very new player who could use him in the arena or gauntlet.

But I hope that at least the campaign will be an occasion to have some "They came from the Holodeck" packs in the portal, so that I can keep trying to get Arachnia out of them :neutral:
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a reason I've passed on Doc Chaos so many times in begold choices leaving him at 1/5. It's an awful campaign 5* choice but the idea of just getting him immortalized might be tempting enough especially since the campaign includes so much more. I dunno though, like AviTrek said, it's just supporting bad choices
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll buy it this time. Who knows... Maybe I can find a use for the ship skill. Traits aren't bad. Both bases will be over 1k when immortalized. No political message.

Far from my favorite campaign, but whatever. I'll do it. Chaotica's 400% damage might make my alt's skirmishes work out better. If I can keep up with the dailies, then I may buy on both accounts.
    Farewell 🖖
  • I'm wondering if this is an experiment to see how these choices affect purchases. Like, maybe next month there will be 50 dynamic replicator rations instead of a legendary citation :lol:
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iirc, Proton Paris needs somewhere in the neighborhood of 138 basic holoprograms. So if you haven’t leveled him up yet... have fun with that.
    Yeah, I have bad memories of leveling him up. He was one of my first 4* SRs, and took forever to complete.

Both characters this campaign have solid ship abilities - as well as the collection potential. Although I'm not personally interested in Chaotica so I'm skipping.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • As much as i love the character, i’ll probably pass again. unless for some reason i get a copy sometime this month...
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!