Home The Bridge

Neverending Campaign speculations

Comments

• Since its summer vacation time, how about Tourist Reed and Tourist Tucker?
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Since its summer vacation time, how about Tourist Reed and Tourist Tucker?

Sure, why not another 2 Skill crew back to back. 🙄

Can we please have another useful 3 skill legendary crew with good stats(base+voyages)? Sc*ew the theme, i couldn t bother less about
    a theme(summer) and if the crew fits.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brand new three Skill Legendary, with Banjo Big breaking Gauntlet Score!!!!!!

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Since its summer vacation time, how about Tourist Reed and Tourist Tucker?

Can we please have another useful 3 skill legendary crew with good stats(base+voyages)? Sc*ew the theme, i couldn t bother less about

Fair enough. I honestly hadn't even looked at skills on those two.

Would Temporal Agent Seven and Braxton be a better combo?

Fair enough. I honestly hadn't even looked at skills on those two.

Would Temporal Agent Seven and Braxton be a better combo?

I believe Braxton is Tier One or Tier Two. Let me check the Big Book.....

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏿
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Braxton is a top level crew. I recently immortalized mine. That would be a good combination.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the Seven at either 1/4 or 2/4 and don't have Braxton at all. I would go for that combo.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

I dunno that following the controversy of Lanara Kahn with the two crew from the most transphobic story in the entire Trek canon would be especially wise. So... 50/50 this happens.
    Sadly, it comes off that way, when it was really bait and switch. The two criminals were basically catching for victims and those two fell for it.
    The irony being Trip arguing that it wasn't his fault, since they started out as women, and Reed always comes off as bisexual, since the writers had him pursue women, but Keating played him as gay.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, it comes off that way, when it was really bait and switch. The two criminals were basically catching for victims and those two fell for it.
    The irony being Trip arguing that it wasn't his fault, since they started out as women, and Reed always comes off as bisexual, since the writers had him pursue women, but Keating played him as gay.

It was disappointing for two reasons. One, I expect enough thoughtfulness from Star Trek that someone should have considered that implication up front. The other is that their dates wanting to rob them rather than hook up would have been a sufficient bait and switch. I digress.

On the less-likely-to-derail topic of Tourist crew, I hope whenever we get Tourist Picard, the art is of him reading his book, sprawled out in that lounge chair on Risa in his shorts and opened shirt. The avatar art should just be the shorts. Tourists Riker and Troi should be a fuse card of them picnicking in "Menage a Troi". Just think: There could be an Empathic Gambler! (Or a Gambling Empath!)
  • I’m still waiting for a Janeway campaign!!!!!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't hate two Age of Sail crew, as boating definitely reminds me of summer.

But I really wouldn't mind a doctor theme to go with the pandemic. Danara Pel and Mobile Doc? Phlox's wife and Naked Phlox?
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd go with Benny Russell and Gabriel Bell, but TP didn't ask me.

Shocking King Travis, truly shocking ;) Solution: Create your own (Star Trek) game or company. In that case people will ask you about many things. Well, in case you would be a good boss that is...
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    I wouldn't hate two Age of Sail crew, as boating definitely reminds me of summer.

But I really wouldn't mind a doctor theme to go with the pandemic. Danara Pel and Mobile Doc? Phlox's wife and Naked Phlox?
    I'd love to see a doctor theme. Although most of the options I'd be really interested in are fairly new.

I've also love a campaign with Phlox and Feezal, particularly over Valentine's Day, although I'd snap it up any other time of the year.
    How about a new Doctor M'Benga? Was only in one episode, but would have been the lead character in Gene Roddenberry's planned Star Trek Hope spin-off, set on a medical ship in the TOS Era. IIRC, the design sketches for the Hope led to the design of Bev's medical ship in "All Good Things".
    M'Benga would be a great addition!

Apparently I never posted this. I should check that "drafts" tab more often.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • After the last few campaigns and the ad wall scandal it needs to a very good lineup if they want players to spend for this months premium.

The 5 star crew needs to be tier 2, maybe 3 at tje very least in my opinion
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Will TP make it up on us or will they make us feel like Lenara was brilliant in comparison to what we will get next? Is that even possible?

"We're thrilled to announce our next Campaign, featuring Forra Gegen and Grilka!"

e6lg95my8elm.gif

...i have Grilka 1/5 and would rather necro her up to 5/5 than have someone new (cough cough Lenara) filling another slot...besides, her episodes were pretty great! BriskLegalLarva-max-1mb.gif
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every "month" I realize how much less I enjoy playing the game on the days in between campaigns... I get it for when you miss a few days that buffer is necessary, but I wish there was some sort of stagnant bonus for collecting accolades past the top level - akin to funneling starbase components into rations. I wouldn't mind a, you get say X honor for X accolades, collectible as many times as you want as a bonus to those who complete the campaign before the end
    dext74 wrote: »
    Every "month" I realize how much less I enjoy playing the game on the days in between campaigns... I get it for when you miss a few days that buffer is necessary, but I wish there was some sort of stagnant bonus for collecting accolades past the top level - akin to funneling starbase components into rations. I wouldn't mind a, you get say X honor for X accolades, collectible as many times as you want as a bonus to those who complete the campaign before the end

That would be nice. I'd settle for them simply sitting in the inventory a few days and giving you a jumpstart to the next one.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    5* Gowron and 4* Mirror Sisko... just because it’s the worst combination I can think of. lol
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    5* Gowron and 4* Mirror Sisko... just because it’s the worst combination I can think of. lol

As he said above:
    Will TP make it up on us or will they make us feel like Lenara was brilliant in comparison to what we will get next? Is that even possible?

e6lg95my8elm.gif
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭

As he said above:

e6lg95my8elm.gif

You know you like it @~peregrine~! 😉

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be nice. I'd settle for them simply sitting in the inventory a few days and giving you a jumpstart to the next one.

Thats no good... if I have 4 days now and start the next campaign ahead then lll finish 8 days early and start August 8 days ahead

• Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    ...i have Grilka 1/5 and would rather necro her up to 5/5 than have someone new (cough cough Lenara) filling another slot...besides, her episodes were pretty great! BriskLegalLarva-max-1mb.gif
    Grilka, the character, is awesome. Definitely time for a new legendary Grilka card!

(On the subject of cool characters with cards that have aged poorly, here's hoping for some more Brian Thompson in the future! I'd love to see Toman'torax. Or how about a skirmish with Valdore and the Valdore?)

While I'm still hoping for a MED campaign, there are a lot of fun pairings that would still provide a bit more excitement. Also, while Lenara hasn't be popular on the forums, we did get a free Medic Reno.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
    dext74 wrote: »

Thats no good... if I have 4 days now and start the next campaign ahead then lll finish 8 days early and start August 8 days ahead

Yeah, eventually you would be done as soon as the new Campaign starts.

I could see 1/1 exchange for "excess" Accolades into Honour.

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grilka, the character, is awesome.

I completely agree. The character in the show was very cool. But the stats for the card, and especially the artwork… 🤮

Full disclosure: I partly used her as an example since it's become an ongoing private joke in our fleet chat, as they all know full well that, other than dupes, Grilka is the only Legendary card I've airlocked. (And being the good friends that they are, my fleetmates continue to make mention of that whenever possible — always at my expense, of course 😏.)
    Definitely time for a new legendary Grilka card!

I'd be down with that. Or just a BO Jadzia-like artwork redo.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Did I miss something or is it taking longer than usual to announce the new campaign?
  • Did I miss something or is it taking longer than usual to announce the new campaign?
    It‘s longer than usual. Shan said that the announcement would be today.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPECULATION: the campaign crew will correspond to either a recent Collections update, or a Collections update in the near future.

PLAUSIBLE: a 5* and 4* from the Play Ball! Collection since baseball season is FINALLY scheduled to start.

HOPE: Fury Kes is the 5*